Seoni as Santa


Lost Omens Campaign Setting General Discussion

51 to 100 of 432 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Contributor

Samuel Leming wrote:

boobs.

"Type Oh." HA!

Contributor

F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
Samuel Leming wrote:
boobs.

ALSO HA!


All I have to say since I ordered the Holiday Pin-Up Seoni is I LIKE IT and "pin-up" was in the art order description!

Dark Archive

Sarah has the CUTEST avatar EVAR !

Scarab Sages

Chris Mortika wrote:
Third, does Seoni have two left feet?

I wouldn't know; I've never seen her dance.

[Edit: Ninja'ed by Cato!]

Scarab Sages

Chris Mortika wrote:
Next year, I'd like to see Erzen as Santa, and maybe Mersiel as one of Santa's elves.

Next year, I think it should be Harsk, as Ron Jeremy.

Purely in the interests of equality, and all...


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

In the comments on d7, Anon talks about about Ezren being gay. I remember Erik (or James?) saying that one of the iconics would turn out to be gay, but I don't remember anything specific ever came up. Did I miss something, or did Anon make that up?

Scarab Sages

I thought it might be Harsk.
Since he's a ranger, he's always wandering off into the woods, to live with bears...


Tarren Dei wrote:
Heathansson wrote:

Wow, nice.

Tarren, you don't seem that self important. ;)
So much for "I'm here to listen as much as talk."
I started to respond to that crap, but I'm not giving that guy my email address.
D7, if you're reading this, that Tarren Dei dig was a really classy move. I'm so looking forward to not returning to your blog to see if you have anything to say.

hehehe. I've made a friend. Oh well.

At the very least, the guy could link to the pic in question so that his readers could judge for themselves.

Heh. Love the fact that the blogger is crying out against general gender objectification while indulging in personal spurious slander against Tarren Dei. While I might disagree with him on several things I would never describe Tarren's postings as anywhere near 'self-important' or his attitude as 'jerky'. Way to get your point across blogtroll. If anyone is a self-important jerk it's the person who assumes the mantle of PC policeman and proceeds to castigate a company that has done more to be ethnically and gender inclusive with their representations than any other mainstream RPG company I can name.

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2009 Top 8

Patrick Curtin wrote:
Tarren Dei wrote:
Heathansson wrote:

Wow, nice.

Tarren, you don't seem that self important. ;)
So much for "I'm here to listen as much as talk."
I started to respond to that crap, but I'm not giving that guy my email address.
D7, if you're reading this, that Tarren Dei dig was a really classy move. I'm so looking forward to not returning to your blog to see if you have anything to say.

hehehe. I've made a friend. Oh well.

At the very least, the guy could link to the pic in question so that his readers could judge for themselves.

Heh. Love the fact that the blogger is crying out against general gender objectification while indulging in personal spurious slander against Tarren Dei. While I might disagree with him on several things I would never describe Tarren's postings as anywhere near 'self-important' or his attitude as 'jerky'.

Actually, I think 'self-important' was fair.


Iridal wrote:

Enjoy it simply.

I would, if I could. But I haven't gotten the picture. And can't find it anywhere

Could someone upload it somewhere? Imageshack or something?

And tell me what the christmas deal is. 10% off? Is that in addition to the PF advantage?


Michael Miller 36 wrote:

about the only problem i have with fantasy female art is i rarely see a natural looking woman. they are almost always busty and unnaturally perky, to the point of looking like they've been enhanced.

Well, duh! She's a sorceress. She can use magic to enhance her looks. As a sorceress, good looks are career-enhancing. And not enhancing your good looks would be like a football player not training to get better at pointless activities like carrying around oddly shaped leather objects.

Michael Miller 36 wrote:


If this is the biggest complaint someone has against Paizo

I can think of no worse offense they commited.

Sovereign Court

What, no link to a big version of Seoni Claus? :(

Besides, Illeosa is hotter. And she's a Queen. Remind me to order some Fanservice of her from Lilith soon.


Michael Miller 36 wrote:

about the only problem i have with fantasy female art is i rarely see a natural looking woman. they are almost always busty and unnaturally perky, to the point of looking like they've been enhanced.

KaeYoss wrote:
Well, duh! She's a sorceress. She can use magic to enhance her looks. As a sorceress, good looks are career-enhancing. And not enhancing your good looks would be like a football player not training to get better at pointless activities like carrying around oddly shaped leather objects.

Granted! This is actually a good point as she's a magic user. "enlarge object" or a localized "enlarge person" could certainly have been at work here. Its not paizo's fault, its Seoni's! ;) (and in fact, if i recall, James Jacobs DID say she started out a lot less spectacularly endowed....)

Michael Miller 36 wrote:


If this is the biggest complaint someone has against Paizo
KaeYoss wrote:
I can think of no worse offense they commited.

Your right! Off with their heads! Wheres the Emperor of Old Korvosa when you need him?

Uzzy wrote:

What, no link to a big version of Seoni Claus? :(

Besides, Illeosa is hotter. And she's a Queen. Remind me to order some Fanservice of her from Lilith soon.

I would go for art of Ileosa... though the consensus of my group is that the hottest pic in the pathfinder gallery thus far is in Seven Days to the grave. There were many tears over Lady Andosin, so hot, so evil....and so memorable. What a great villan ^_^


Shouldve been merissiel. [-(

God I love this art, btw.
Such a long road ahead of me.


Cato Novus wrote:


And finally, to be fair, while I appreciate the pic you guys here at Paizo made for us, maybe next time, you might include a male in a seperate picture, if for no other reason than to cut people like d7 off at the pass. Don't take that as anything other than unsolicited advice, for what that's worth, however.

There is no point in doing something like that to appease someone like our blogger in question. If you read through the posts, once it pointed out that Seoni is an existing character that is popular with Paizo's fanbase, he then starts to point out that she is too white and that Paizo is probably racist because of this.

This isn't even a case of someone being offended or trying to make the world a better place. This is a case of someone who wanted to sit in his ivory tower and send out pronouncements about how brilliant and forward thinking he is, hoping that he'll get either accolades or caustic comments in reply, in which case either circumstance validates his opinion of himself.

If he were honestly concerned about this, I'd just agree to disagree and be happy that he's at least worried about his fellow human beings, but given that he intentionally misrepresents Paizo by claiming they do this "sort of thing all the time," and yet doesn't recognize Seoni, and then starts shifting his accusations to Paizo's (according to him) racist leanings, its clear that he's tying to pick a target that his readers may not be familiar with and can redefine without fear of contradiction.


Uzzy wrote:

What, no link to a big version of Seoni Claus? :(

Besides, Illeosa is hotter. And she's a Queen. Remind me to order some Fanservice of her from Lilith soon.

Spoiler:

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

I like where he compares Lisa, Allison et. al. to Michelle Malkin

Wow, you're comparing them to a successful blogger and journalist, and novelist? Thank you for the compliment


Samuel Leming wrote:

Heh. Like many on here, I don't see what all the hubbub is about.

Here is Matt Dixon's website. The artist is actually showing some restraint with this Seoni pic. The man obviously likes boobs.

Well, if nothing else, he also seems to have in interest in exotic cod pieces as well . . . ;)

Sovereign Court

And as the guy there complains about women being exploited in artwork, there are real women being actually exploited in the physical world. Some sense of perspective would be in order, one thinks.

Liberty's Edge

Tarren Dei wrote:

Actually, I think 'self-important' was fair.

If you say so.....

I'm calling it melodramatic overkill. I think I'm seeing a trend, though. Now Seoni's too caucasian.


My favorite is that he accuses the art of depicting Seoni as "Day-Glow white." Maybe he needs to get his monitor fixed, because her skin tone is certainly darker than that to me. Moreover, of course her facial features aren't the same as her original illustration. She's drawn by a different artist, and it's hard for an artist to be 100% consistent in facial features in his own art, let alone when he's depicting a character from someone else's.

But I'm not seeing the comments direct at Mr. Drei... did I miss something? I was definitely curious as to what was said.


Vic Wertz wrote:
Lathiira wrote:

No Seoni here either, and I always check the spam before I delete it. Guess I've been bad :(

Well, that or impatient. But I won't be near my computer after 3 pm or so today for an entire week, so it's kinda important! So what are the rest of us missing?

Hmm. I know I got several copies.... (I have a lot of paizo accounts for testing.)

It's possible that Gary started the mailing and it failed midway through the process after he left... in which case he'll restart it on Monday.

Anybody who didn't get it yet will be able to see what the fuss is about on the front page of paizo.com after 7 PM PST tonight.

Could it be the settings for email sharing? I haven't received mine yet either. I also did not receive the email about WotC taking back Dungeon/Dragon, of which I was a subscriber, and attributed to the settings.

Liberty's Edge

Disciple of Sakura wrote:

My favorite is that he accuses the art of depicting Seoni as "Day-Glow white." Maybe he needs to get his monitor fixed, because her skin tone is certainly darker than that to me. Moreover, of course her facial features aren't the same as her original illustration. She's drawn by a different artist, and it's hard for an artist to be 100% consistent in facial features in his own art, let alone when he's depicting a character from someone else's.

But I'm not seeing the comments direct at Mr. Drei... did I miss something? I was definitely curious as to what was said.

He edited his thing at the top there, and said some crap about Tarren.


Heathansson wrote:
He edited his thing at the top there, and said some crap about Tarren.

Ah, thanks. Having read his original diatribe before he edited that in, I just completely missed it. I figured it was somewhere in the comments area.

Scarab Sages

Heathansson wrote:
I'm calling it melodramatic overkill. I think I'm seeing a trend, though. Now Seoni's too caucasian.

Let's hope he never sees Beyonce Knowles.

He'd have her tagged as Grand Wizard of the KKK.


Thanks for the Xmas card. Nothing like a little cheesecake with your ho-ho-ho! Maybe I can spend some of my gift money with the coupon!


[Hurries to check email. Whoa!] Santa says: lets unwrap our presents while I teach you a game called "Count the Tattoos!"


If Seoni is starting to become Paizo's official cheesecake you should throw a special event: Seoni vs. Sophie (Reaper Mini's mascot) in a jello wrestling contest.


The main concern is: Does SEONI feel exploited? Sure, she's hot and she knows it, so if Paizo compensated her for the cheesecake, then there's no issue.

What did she get for posing? A ring of Evasion? A left foot?

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
KaeYoss wrote:
I got nothing. The mail didn't arrive here!

I didn't get it, either. I happily used the discount code from the other thread, though. :)

Liberty's Edge

You might try your spam folder..


So, where's my poster size X-Mas Seoni already! ;)

Contributor

What amused me most about that wrongheaded blog post was one of the responses he made to a comment:

{Maybe Paizo’s art director isn’t as comfortable with non-White characters as you think.}

The art director in question is Korean. Ethnically Korean. And was born in Korea.

Yeah, I'm sure she's not "comfortable" with non-Whites at all. :p

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Sean K Reynolds wrote:

What amused me most about that wrongheaded blog post was one of the responses he made to a comment:

{Maybe Paizo’s art director isn’t as comfortable with non-White characters as you think.}

The art director in question is Korean. Ethnically Korean. And was born in Korea.

Yeah, I'm sure she's not "comfortable" with non-Whites at all. :p

[male pig moment]

Is she cute? Single? Exportable to Ohio?

[/male pig moment]

Scarab Sages

KaeYoss wrote:


Well, duh! She's a sorceress. She can use magic to enhance her looks. As a sorceress, good looks are career-enhancing. And not enhancing your good looks would be like a football player not training to get better at pointless activities like carrying around oddly shaped leather objects.

The Witcher stories actually get this one right.

Sorceresses are typically unattractive or unmarriage-able daughters (since their loyalties shift to the Lodge of Sorceresses rather than their biological families, so the family gains no benefit from them). But, as sorceresses, being able to manipulate people (especially men) is part of the job description, so an important part of their initiation as sorceresses is the use of magic to make them beautiful and attractive. This results in a large number of them having resentment issues, where they resent their own beauty because they know it's simply part of their job rather than something inherent to them.

Liberty's Edge

Sean K Reynolds wrote:

What amused me most about that wrongheaded blog post was one of the responses he made to a comment:

{Maybe Paizo’s art director isn’t as comfortable with non-White characters as you think.}

The art director in question is Korean. Ethnically Korean. And was born in Korea.

Yeah, I'm sure she's not "comfortable" with non-Whites at all. :p

She's obviously the victim of male white oppressor brainwashing tactics though. Like this e-mail, or Cosmo magazine. You people are so naive.

The Exchange

Owen Anderson wrote:
KaeYoss wrote:


Well, duh! She's a sorceress. She can use magic to enhance her looks. As a sorceress, good looks are career-enhancing. And not enhancing your good looks would be like a football player not training to get better at pointless activities like carrying around oddly shaped leather objects.

The Witcher stories actually get this one right.

Sorceresses are typically unattractive or unmarriage-able daughters (since their loyalties shift to the Lodge of Sorceresses rather than their biological families, so the family gains no benefit from them). But, as sorceresses, being able to manipulate people (especially men) is part of the job description, so an important part of their initiation as sorceresses is the use of magic to make them beautiful and attractive. This results in a large number of them having resentment issues, where they resent their own beauty because they know it's simply part of their job rather than something inherent to them.

Wow, that's deep, man.

Liberty's Edge

KnightErrantJR wrote:
Cato Novus wrote:


And finally, to be fair, while I appreciate the pic you guys here at Paizo made for us, maybe next time, you might include a male in a seperate picture, if for no other reason than to cut people like d7 off at the pass. Don't take that as anything other than unsolicited advice, for what that's worth, however.

There is no point in doing something like that to appease someone like our blogger in question. If you read through the posts, once it pointed out that Seoni is an existing character that is popular with Paizo's fanbase, he then starts to point out that she is too white and that Paizo is probably racist because of this.

This isn't even a case of someone being offended or trying to make the world a better place. This is a case of someone who wanted to sit in his ivory tower and send out pronouncements about how brilliant and forward thinking he is, hoping that he'll get either accolades or caustic comments in reply, in which case either circumstance validates his opinion of himself.

If he were honestly concerned about this, I'd just agree to disagree and be happy that he's at least worried about his fellow human beings, but given that he intentionally misrepresents Paizo by claiming they do this "sort of thing all the time," and yet doesn't recognize Seoni, and then starts shifting his accusations to Paizo's (according to him) racist leanings, its clear that he's tying to pick a target that his readers may not be familiar with and can redefine without fear of contradiction.

Meh, that's one of the times when I try to be nice. As an attempt to try and not heap a lot of negativity aimed at the stupid blogger.

I'm not good at it. :P

Contributor

KnightErrantJR wrote:
This is a case of someone who wanted to sit in his ivory tower

OMG RACIST!

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

Sean K Reynolds wrote:
KnightErrantJR wrote:
This is a case of someone who wanted to sit in his ivory tower

OMG RACIST!

Not to mention those poor elephants! Butcherer!

Liberty's Edge

You know, walruses have ivory too. But you assume it's elephants.
Nice job outing yourself.

Dark Archive

I believe I would call this whole blog post issue about Seoni a link baiting contraversy to get links and create an importance on the web. The fact that the picture is really tame considering the content on the web these days. He's just looking for links and traffic

I believe this falls under Evil Hooks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methods_of_website_linking#Link_bait

After 7 years of web marketing stuff like this just becomes so annoyingly transparent. For more about link baiting examples wander through www.plime.com one day. 80% of that is link baiting an the most obvious examples.

Liberty's Edge

That's what I kinda figured.


Sean K Reynolds wrote:

OMG RACIST!

Damn it Sean, you caught me. ;)


Michael Miller 36 wrote:


Granted! This is actually a good point as she's a magic user. "enlarge object" or a localized "enlarge person" could certainly have been at work here. Its not paizo's fault, its Seoni's! ;) (and in fact, if i recall, James Jacobs DID say she started out a lot less spectacularly endowed....)

EA:N Had a spell for that: Dirk's Impressive Tool.

Of course, it also had a lot of other... interesting spells and other rules bits.

Michael Miller 36 wrote:


KaeYoss wrote:
I can think of no worse offense they commited.

Your right! Off with their heads! Wheres the Emperor of Old Korvosa when you need him?

Wow. For such a little thing (having Seoni with her Improved Sex Sells feat around) you cry for death penalty? May I recruit you into my Legions of Terror?

Uzzy wrote:

What, no link to a big version of Seoni Claus? :(

Besides, Illeosa is hotter. And she's a Queen. Remind me to order some Fanservice of her from Lilith soon.

Tell her I second that request! Rawr.

KnightErrantJR wrote:


This is a case of someone who wanted to sit in his ivory tower and send out pronouncements about how brilliant and forward thinking he is

Would get a lot more cred if he wasn't sitting there in his undies and underscoring his pronouncements with childish giggles. ;-)

Heathansson wrote:
You might try your spam folder..

I looked. I looked in the one in my browser, and the one in my account. No card in either.

But since someone posted it up there, it's alright.

Liberty's Edge

KnightErrantJR wrote:
Cato Novus wrote:


And finally, to be fair, while I appreciate the pic you guys here at Paizo made for us, maybe next time, you might include a male in a seperate picture, if for no other reason than to cut people like d7 off at the pass. Don't take that as anything other than unsolicited advice, for what that's worth, however.

There is no point in doing something like that to appease someone like our blogger in question. If you read through the posts, once it pointed out that Seoni is an existing character that is popular with Paizo's fanbase, he then starts to point out that she is too white and that Paizo is probably racist because of this.

<shuffles feet>

I agree. On the other hand if Paizo would like to appease the portion of their buying population that has no inherent sexual attraction to women, then I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a nice slice of Valeros every so often.

Because....you know....he's hot.

Just sayin'

Liberty's Edge

Speaking of Matt Dixon, I found this pic hilarious.

Scarab Sages

What's the runes on that sword?
I could have sworn I saw 'YMCA'...

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2009 Top 8

Snorter wrote:

What's the runes on that sword?

I could have sworn I saw 'YMCA'...

I read "GAY BOY - YMCA". Seriously. That's what it says.

EDIT: No, wait. It's GAY BEAR YMCA. Start at the hilt and work down, rotating and reversing the letters. hehehe.

51 to 100 of 432 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Lost Omens Campaign Setting / General Discussion / Seoni as Santa All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.