New Twilight 2000 game out


Other RPGs

Dark Archive

As some of you may or may not know. 93gamesstudio.com got the rights to make a new version of the classic game. Twilight 2000 3.0 or better known as twilight 2013, brought up to modern times.

Anyways not sure how many fans of the old game are around this board but thought I would mention it. You can preorder the dead tree version for them or get the PDF from drivethrurpg.


Thanks for the heads up!


Dark_Mistress wrote:

As some of you may or may not know. 93gamesstudio.com got the rights to make a new version of the classic game. Twilight 2000 3.0 or better known as twilight 2013, brought up to modern times.

Anyways not sure how many fans of the old game are around this board but thought I would mention it. You can preorder the dead tree version for them or get the PDF from drivethrurpg.

And its now over here at Paizo: http://paizo.com/store/downloads/93GamesStudio

Keith Taylor
93 Games Studio
http://www.93gamesstudio.com/forum

The Exchange

Dark_Mistress wrote:
As some of you may or may not know. 93gamesstudio.com got the rights to make a new version of the classic game. Twilight 2000 3.0 or better known as twilight 2013, brought up to modern times.

[kinda OT]

I joined the Army as an infantryman in 1987. We had about five guys in our platoon that LOVED that game, and played it all the time. I had the rules and all, but I absolutely refused to play.

"But, we drive around in HMMWVs, eat MREs and things ..."

Yeah. That sounds like ... fun.

IT'S MY STINKING JOB! SHEESH!!!

Even today I can't play "modern military" games, console or otherwise. Funny thing is, you skin it with aliens and lasers and it's Game On, Baby! Go figure.

Best of luck 93 Games! I hope you have great success!! It's not for me, but I would NEVER wish lack of success on you! Enjoy!


TigerDave wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
As some of you may or may not know. 93gamesstudio.com got the rights to make a new version of the classic game. Twilight 2000 3.0 or better known as twilight 2013, brought up to modern times.

[kinda OT]

I joined the Army as an infantryman in 1987. We had about five guys in our platoon that LOVED that game, and played it all the time. I had the rules and all, but I absolutely refused to play.

"But, we drive around in HMMWVs, eat MREs and things ..."

Yeah. That sounds like ... fun.

IT'S MY STINKING JOB! SHEESH!!!

Even today I can't play "modern military" games, console or otherwise. Funny thing is, you skin it with aliens and lasers and it's Game On, Baby! Go figure.

Best of luck 93 Games! I hope you have great success!! It's not for me, but I would NEVER wish lack of success on you! Enjoy!

But you see your pretend characters eat pretend MREs and you can pretend that they taste just as bad as real ones but they don't 'cause they are pretend... see totally different.


TigerDave wrote:

[kinda OT]

I joined the Army as an infantryman in 1987. We had about five guys in our platoon that LOVED that game, and played it all the time. I had the rules and all, but I absolutely refused to play.

"But, we drive around in HMMWVs, eat MREs and things ..."

Yeah. That sounds like ... fun.

IT'S MY STINKING JOB! SHEESH!!!

Yeah, but did you ever spend an action to "collect spent brass"? And were the puniest, weakest guys in your platoon also the most skillful?

:-)

The Exchange

Jeremy Epp wrote:
But you see your pretend characters eat pretend MREs and you can pretend that they taste just as bad as real ones but they don't 'cause they are pretend... see totally different.

Welcome ... to the World of the World of Warcraft.

(link NOT included because anything Warcraft has been blocked)


TigerDave wrote:
I joined the Army as an infantryman in 1987.

Hey brother...Combat Engineer 92-00

The Exchange

smokewolf wrote:
TigerDave wrote:
I joined the Army as an infantryman in 1987.
Hey brother...Combat Engineer 92-00

Woot! I love Sappers!


I was in 1st Battalion, 16th Infantry in '87. I know how you feel about T:2K

Liberty's Edge

hogarth wrote:
TigerDave wrote:

[kinda OT]

I joined the Army as an infantryman in 1987. We had about five guys in our platoon that LOVED that game, and played it all the time. I had the rules and all, but I absolutely refused to play.

"But, we drive around in HMMWVs, eat MREs and things ..."

Yeah. That sounds like ... fun.

IT'S MY STINKING JOB! SHEESH!!!

Yeah, but did you ever spend an action to "collect spent brass"? And were the puniest, weakest guys in your platoon also the most skillful?

:-)

I'm left-handed, so I would just catch it in my mouth when the brass flew out and hit me in the face.

I was in the National Guard from 92-98, so I didn't do much.

Liberty's Edge

MRE's--it wasn't the taste, it was the frog in your colon after 3 days of eating the crap.

The Exchange

Heathansson wrote:
MRE's--it wasn't the taste, it was the frog in your colon after 3 days of eating the crap.

...that until this very second remained dormant the entire time, but now has become a raging crocodile demanding to be released, and you have approximately 3 seconds to make it to the treeline alive ...

Liberty's Edge

The frog stuck for three days in the spackle coating your transverse colon suddenly goes berserk........ribbit!!!!
I remember sitting there for 20 minutes wondering, "when is this s*%% going to end?"

Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Gaming / Other RPGs / New Twilight 2000 game out All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Other RPGs