Care to Explain your Avatar Name?


Off-Topic Discussions

151 to 200 of 248 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

I love rain and thunderstorms, that's the first half.

Raven; well when I was in high school I had to an essay on Edgar Allen poe, and when I found his poem The Raven, I became enthralled with it and started collecting everything I could find dealing with ravens; lamps, bookends, lighters, sculpted glass art, etc. Can you guess what my favorite campaign setting is?

88; well Stormraven by itself was already taken, so I used the last half of my birth year.


Urizen wrote:

My ironic sense of humor

It is pronounced 'Your Reason' or 'Your Risen', although most people seem to prefer 'Youri-Zen'

Funny, I would have that it was along the lines of 'horizon'.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

When my two kids were young (they're both avid role players now), they used to spend whole days pretending to be exchange students from China who happened to be friends with the Power Rangers. I was their mother -- Mama Loufing (their name for me). The name stuck and became one of the most memorable NPCs that I ever introduced into a game.


Stormraven88 wrote:

I love rain and thunderstorms, that's the first half.

Raven; well when I was in high school I had to an essay on Edgar Allen poe, and when I found his poem The Raven, I became enthralled with it and started collecting everything I could find dealing with ravens; lamps, bookends, lighters, sculpted glass art, etc. Can you guess what my favorite campaign setting is?

88; well Stormraven by itself was already taken, so I used the last half of my birth year.

Maybe I shouldn't tell you this, but after doing so you probably may want to reconsider. Your moniker gives off neo-nazi vibes when you put 88 at the end of it as it's the 8th letter in the alphabet. H.H. stands for 'Heil Hitler' in neo-nazi literature.

How about Dark Raven or Black Raven? Or Nevermore? :) You won't be able to change your alias on your own now, but I'm sure if you ask Customer Service, they'd understand.

I apologize if I'm a spoilsport. :/


Stormraven88 wrote:
Urizen wrote:

My ironic sense of humor

It is pronounced 'Your Reason' or 'Your Risen', although most people seem to prefer 'Youri-Zen'

Funny, I would have that it was along the lines of 'horizon'.

I'd take that too. ;)


This was the first online Handle I had all those years ago (back on AOL). I took to using it everywhere I went, from RealmsofEvil.net (not there anymore), to the WoTC boards, to Candlekeep, and to Paizo.

I think of this name as a second name for myself, rather than hiding between a web name. The last time I went to GenCon (2005, BTW), I wrote on my badge below my real name Darkmeer.

/d


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Urizen wrote:
I apologize if I'm a spoilsport. :/

Even if you are, it's still good to be aware of such things. I gotta say though, I never imagined we'd run up against Godwin's Law in a thread like this! XD


Laithoron wrote:
Urizen wrote:
I apologize if I'm a spoilsport. :/
Even if you are, it's still good to be aware of such things. I gotta say though, I never imagined we'd run up against Godwin's Law in a thread like this! XD

It's an acquired trait I picked up at 1st level. :P

Liberty's Edge

Urizen wrote:
Stormraven88 wrote:

I love rain and thunderstorms, that's the first half.

Raven; well when I was in high school I had to an essay on Edgar Allen poe, and when I found his poem The Raven, I became enthralled with it and started collecting everything I could find dealing with ravens; lamps, bookends, lighters, sculpted glass art, etc. Can you guess what my favorite campaign setting is?

88; well Stormraven by itself was already taken, so I used the last half of my birth year.

Maybe I shouldn't tell you this, but after doing so you probably may want to reconsider. Your moniker gives off neo-nazi vibes when you put 88 at the end of it as it's the 8th letter in the alphabet. H.H. stands for 'Heil Hitler' in neo-nazi literature.

How about Dark Raven or Black Raven? Or Nevermore? :) You won't be able to change your alias on your own now, but I'm sure if you ask Customer Service, they'd understand.

I apologize if I'm a spoilsport. :/

I don't know if many people know that, I sure didn't.

Nevermore would be BA!

Liberty's Edge

I let Treppa create my SN for use on WotC forums a few years ago when I lost my login information for my old account. We'd recently taken "What animal are you?" quizzes and I got a puffin. <shrug>

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Mine's German, it means Master of Dudes.


The Twins = My zodiac sign
Agate = My zodiac birthstone
The Dragon = My Chinese Birth Year (1976)


Twin Agate Dragons wrote:

The Twins = My zodiac sign

Agate = My zodiac birthstone
The Dragon = My Chinese Birth Year (1976)

That would make me

Bull Emerald Rooster (since the 'proper' name is modded out).

I like yours better.

/d

Liberty's Edge

I'm Bull Diamond Rat then.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Darkmeer wrote:
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:

The Twins = My zodiac sign

Agate = My zodiac birthstone
The Dragon = My Chinese Birth Year (1976)

That would make me

Bull Emerald Rooster (since the 'proper' name is modded out).

I like yours better.

/d

Goat Garnet Rat, ehh I'll pass


"Storm" as a nod to one-half of a screen-name I used on a very different set of forums.
"raven" because Raven is totem for me.

Liberty's Edge

stormraven wrote:

"Storm" as a nod to one-half of a screen-name I used on a very different set of forums.

"raven" because Raven is totem for me.

Alright, now you've got me curious... what was the second half after storm?

Dark Archive

mine is a bad spelled name of a character from LotR


Urizen wrote:
Stormraven88 wrote:

I love rain and thunderstorms, that's the first half.

Raven; well when I was in high school I had to an essay on Edgar Allen poe, and when I found his poem The Raven, I became enthralled with it and started collecting everything I could find dealing with ravens; lamps, bookends, lighters, sculpted glass art, etc. Can you guess what my favorite campaign setting is?

88; well Stormraven by itself was already taken, so I used the last half of my birth year.

Maybe I shouldn't tell you this, but after doing so you probably may want to reconsider. Your moniker gives off neo-nazi vibes when you put 88 at the end of it as it's the 8th letter in the alphabet. H.H. stands for 'Heil Hitler' in neo-nazi literature.

How about Dark Raven or Black Raven? Or Nevermore? :) You won't be able to change your alias on your own now, but I'm sure if you ask Customer Service, they'd understand.

I apologize if I'm a spoilsport. :/

It doesn't bother me. Don't wanna change it.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Eric Swanson wrote:
Darkmeer wrote:
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:

The Twins = My zodiac sign

Agate = My zodiac birthstone
The Dragon = My Chinese Birth Year (1976)

That would make me

Bull Emerald Rooster (since the 'proper' name is modded out).

I like yours better.

/d

Goat Garnet Rat, ehh I'll pass

Taurus, Draco, Earth and Fire... by your powers combined I am

Diamond-horned Fire Dragon! >:D

You suckaz be forgettin' yoh elements yo!

Dark Archive

Kelleg was the name of my first very badass NPC that alsmot kill all my players.
the r- part is an tribute to Azimov's human-like robots' name

Shadow Lodge

I would explain, but then you would all spend the rest of your lives sitting in a corner gibbering blasphemies.


Back when I used to live on the WoTC message boards I lost my password, and I could not get it back. How I forgot something I use everyday is unknown but it happened. I thought of a few names before this one, but they were all taken. Suddenly I decided I wanted a vicious sounding name so this one came to mind, and it was before I chanced upon the spell with the same name.


My name is based on this horrible b-movie I saw about 20 years ago.

No, seriously, I actually quite enjoyed it - and Ozzy Osbourne's 'Secret Loser' song during the first minutes of the movie (during the first car race) was priceless.

So I kept the nickname since then.


*Bounce, bounce*

T'is pretty selfs es'planatory, in it?

(^_^)


Studpuffin wrote:

I don't know if many people know that, I sure didn't.

Nevermore would be BA!

I'm like Ken Jennings without steroids.


Eric Swanson wrote:
Darkmeer wrote:
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:

The Twins = My zodiac sign

Agate = My zodiac birthstone
The Dragon = My Chinese Birth Year (1976)

That would make me

Bull Emerald Rooster (since the 'proper' name is modded out).

I like yours better.

/d

Goat Garnet Rat, ehh I'll pass

Scorpion Topaz Pig

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Urizen wrote:
Eric Swanson wrote:
Darkmeer wrote:
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:

The Twins = My zodiac sign

Agate = My zodiac birthstone
The Dragon = My Chinese Birth Year (1976)

That would make me

Bull Emerald Rooster (since the 'proper' name is modded out).

I like yours better.

/d

Goat Garnet Rat, ehh I'll pass
Scorpion Topaz Pig

Ok that's just creepy...

Though it does sound like a good 'martial arts move' name generator.

"Twin Emerald Dragons!" *double strikes the orc* "Bull Emerald Rooster!" *headbuts an orc* "Scorpion Topaz Pig!" *jumps into the air and lands on another orc*

Liberty's Edge

Darkmeer wrote:
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:

The Twins = My zodiac sign

Agate = My zodiac birthstone
The Dragon = My Chinese Birth Year (1976)

That would make me

Bull Emerald Rooster (since the 'proper' name is modded out).

I like yours better.

/d

Scorpion Topaz Tiger. I sound like a porn star.


Urizen wrote:

Eric Swanson wrote:

Darkmeer wrote:

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:

The Twins = My zodiac sign
Agate = My zodiac birthstone
The Dragon = My Chinese Birth Year (1976)

That would make me
Bull Emerald Rooster (since the 'proper' name is modded out).

I like yours better.

/d

Goat Garnet Rat, ehh I'll pass

Scorpion Topaz Pig

Lion Fire Sardonyx Rat

Now what can I make of that?

HMMMMM!!!!

Sardonyx Fire Lion Rat? Sardonyx Fire Rat Lion?

Also, Gem could also be Peridot, so Peridot Fire Lion Rat?

I think I should stay with silverhair.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I created this one when I started using Mac OS X.

Sovereign Court

Sapphire Scale Monkey ... or Scaled Sapphire Monkey ... or Virgin Scaled Sapphire Monkey ... or Scaled Virgin Sapphire Monkey ...

I was born on the cusp of Libra/Virgo (leaning Libra by 1.5 hours).


Studpuffin wrote:
stormraven wrote:

"Storm" as a nod to one-half of a screen-name I used on a very different set of forums.

"raven" because Raven is totem for me.
Alright, now you've got me curious... what was the second half after storm?

Hey, SP, upon reflection that does look like a blatant tease on my part. It wasn't my intention. My other screen moniker is Stormseer on a variety of occult/pagan/Witchcraft/Wicca sites.


Kthulhu wrote:
I would explain, but then you would all spend the rest of your lives sitting in a corner gibbering blasphemies.

Buddy, I ALREADY sit in the corner gibbering blasphemies.


Suny wrote:

*Bounce, bounce*

T'is pretty selfs es'planatory, in it?

(^_^)

So you are the State University of New York? :)


Urizen wrote:
Your moniker gives off neo-nazi vibes when you put 88 at the end of it as it's the 8th letter in the alphabet. H.H. stands for 'Heil Hitler' in neo-nazi literature.

You cannot escape me.


Godwin's Law Nazi wrote:
Urizen wrote:
Your moniker gives off neo-nazi vibes when you put 88 at the end of it as it's the 8th letter in the alphabet. H.H. stands for 'Heil Hitler' in neo-nazi literature.
You cannot escape me.

About damn time.

RPG Superstar 2012

Eric Swanson wrote:
Darkmeer wrote:
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:

The Twins = My zodiac sign

Agate = My zodiac birthstone
The Dragon = My Chinese Birth Year (1976)

That would make me

Bull Emerald Rooster (since the 'proper' name is modded out).

I like yours better.

/d

Goat Garnet Rat, ehh I'll pass

Virgin Carnelian Monkey. Passing...


Twin Agate Dragons wrote:

The Twins = My zodiac sign

Agate = My zodiac birthstone
The Dragon = My Chinese Birth Year (1976)

Mine would be

Zodiac sign = Aries so Ram
Zodiac stone = Bloodstone or Aquamarine (usually heard the latter but supposedly the former is traditional see here)
Chinese birth year = Pig

So Ram Bloodstone Pig or Ram Aquamarine Pig, odd but interesting

Edit: To make this more interesting try Birth flowers

Sczarni

Because I am the dopest, flyest, gangsta halfing ever...and chicks dig me.


Shtudd-Leee wrote:
Because I am the dopest, flyest, gangsta halfing ever...and chicks dig me.

Welcome back from hibernation.

Sczarni

I am glad to be conscious again.


Shtudd-Leee wrote:
I am glad to be conscious again.

I figured you were a little man of little words. ;)

Sczarni

"Little words?".....did you really say that to a guy playing a halfing?...lol good one!

Liberty's Edge

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:

The Twins = My zodiac sign

Agate = My zodiac birthstone
The Dragon = My Chinese Birth Year (1976)

Lion Peridot Dragon just doesn't have the same ring.


Shtudd-Leee wrote:
"Little words?".....did you really say that to a guy playing a halfing?...lol good one!

Good thing for Urizen you don't have a short temper.


Shtudd-Leee wrote:
"Little words?".....did you really say that to a guy playing a halfing?...lol good one!

...well...and the last time you posted under this alias before today was over 13 months ago, so ... yeah. ;)


Wolfthulhu wrote:
Shtudd-Leee wrote:
"Little words?".....did you really say that to a guy playing a halfing?...lol good one!
Good thing for Urizen you don't have a short temper.

ba-boom-bish

Sczarni

Short temper, little words.....wow....how about a comment about how if I can't make it as a rogue I could get a job as a "short-order" cook


Is that what she said?

151 to 200 of 248 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Care to Explain your Avatar Name? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.