Signs You're A Paizo Messageboard Addict


Off-Topic Discussions

51 to 100 of 518 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

check.


Jason Beardsley wrote:
Blasphemer! Sebastian is the One true person-yet-to-be-elected God! I spit in your general direction!

What you may not know is that sebastian is just as Poodle as CourtFool -deep deep down- but he'll never admit it, so in a way, you are already a Poodle revolutionarie!


Llamafrog wrote:
Undercover Cultist wrote:
If you want, a bunch of us Cultists of Sebastian (ok, just me) are invading this new Poodle thing to see what's up. need to protect the high lord and master, don't-cha know. That should rekindle your inner cultist.
Yeah right! That's not what you said last night at PoodleCon when you were poodlecuddling with that sexy puppy!

Totally not my fault! she came onto me man! I don't know her! met her in a bar! Alright fine, I have a weekness for pom-poms, OK?!?!

*breaks down and sobs*

but at least I got her number!


lastknightleft wrote:
you suck courtfool.

I thought it went without saying that you did not have to meet all of the statements. Just one qualifies you. Multiple affirmatives just amplifies your addiction.

Oh, and don't you mean, "You are full of suck courtfool"?


check.


Undercover Cultist wrote:
but at least I got her number!

Did you two sniff bums?


check.


CourtFool wrote:
Undercover Cultist wrote:
but at least I got her number!
Did you two sniff bums?

O.O

...
>.<
Dammit! How could she lie to me? the numbers prolly fake too...


check.


Undercover Cultist wrote:
Dammit! How could she lie to me? the numbers prolly fake too...

Don't worry, I'll pass you her info from our private files. Another perk for the Poodle Revolution! Join up!

Dark Archive

Undercover Cultist wrote:
CourtFool wrote:
Undercover Cultist wrote:
but at least I got her number!
Did you two sniff bums?

O.O

...
>.<
Dammit! How could she lie to me? the numbers prolly fake too...

Dammit man! Pull yourself together! You're a Cultist of Sebastian, man!


David Fryer wrote:
The first thing you do when you get to work is check the board to see if any of your friends have posted anything new. You guys know who you are. You assign your students "learning activities" to have an excuse to check the board. You have more people you consider to be your friends on the board than in the town you live in.

Sign #1: You create a message board post titled, "Signs You're A Paizo Messageboard Addict," and you waste valuable student learning time to feed your addiction. You should have your teaching certificate revoked.


Jason Beardsley wrote:
Dammit man! Pull yourself together! You're a Cultist of Sebastian, man!

So he should be use to the smell of bum.

Dark Archive

CourtFool wrote:
Jason Beardsley wrote:
Dammit man! Pull yourself together! You're a Cultist of Sebastian, man!
So he should be use to the smell of bum.

Says the poodle.. lol


Jason Beardsley wrote:
Undercover Cultist wrote:
CourtFool wrote:
Undercover Cultist wrote:
but at least I got her number!
Did you two sniff bums?

O.O

...
>.<
Dammit! How could she lie to me? the numbers prolly fake too...
Dammit man! Pull yourself together! You're a Cultist of Sebastian, man!

gah! you're right. Praise be to Sebastian the wise! Sebastian the Just! Sebastian the apparently large Ego-ed.

The Exchange

Leafar the Lost wrote:
David Fryer wrote:
The first thing you do when you get to work is check the board to see if any of your friends have posted anything new. You guys know who you are. You assign your students "learning activities" to have an excuse to check the board. You have more people you consider to be your friends on the board than in the town you live in.
Sign #1: You create a message board post titled, "Signs You're A Paizo Messageboard Addict," and you waste valuable student learning time to feed your addiction. You should have your teaching certificate revoked.

you post bitter comments on a board meant for levity and jollyness.

Scarab Sages

Leafar the Lost wrote:
David Fryer wrote:
The first thing you do when you get to work is check the board to see if any of your friends have posted anything new. You guys know who you are. You assign your students "learning activities" to have an excuse to check the board. You have more people you consider to be your friends on the board than in the town you live in.
Sign #1: You create a message board post titled, "Signs You're A Paizo Messageboard Addict," and you waste valuable student learning time to feed your addiction. You should have your teaching certificate revoked.

Are you kidding? wasting student time is like 99% of teaching. the other 1% is learnign how to say "read chapter XX for wednesday" in a monotone.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
CourtFool wrote:
Jason Beardsley wrote:
Dammit man! Pull yourself together! You're a Cultist of Sebastian, man!
So he should be use to the smell of bum.

Point.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Leafar the Lost wrote:
Sign #1: You create a message board post titled, "Signs You're A Paizo Messageboard Addict," and you waste valuable student learning time to feed your addiction. You should have your teaching certificate revoked.

Nice troll post.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Callous Jack wrote:
Leafar the Lost wrote:
Sign #1: You create a message board post titled, "Signs You're A Paizo Messageboard Addict," and you waste valuable student learning time to feed your addiction. You should have your teaching certificate revoked.
Nice troll post.

I like the way his bile splattered all over the thread in a lovely pattern. Give it a 2.6? Maybe .7?

Dark Archive

Leafar the Lost wrote:


Sign #1: You create a message board post titled, "Signs You're A Paizo Messageboard Addict," and you waste valuable student learning time to feed your addiction. You should have your teaching certificate revoked.

That's just not nice. Makes Sebastian sad.

Every time someone 'troll posts', a horsie dies. :(
Think of the horsies.

Dark Archive

kessukoofah wrote:
Leafar the Lost wrote:
David Fryer wrote:
The first thing you do when you get to work is check the board to see if any of your friends have posted anything new. You guys know who you are. You assign your students "learning activities" to have an excuse to check the board. You have more people you consider to be your friends on the board than in the town you live in.
Sign #1: You create a message board post titled, "Signs You're A Paizo Messageboard Addict," and you waste valuable student learning time to feed your addiction. You should have your teaching certificate revoked.
Are you kidding? wasting student time is like 99% of teaching. the other 1% is learnign how to say "read chapter XX for wednesday" in a monotone.

I would suggest that you read "The First Days of School" by Harry Wong. It spends a lot of time discussing how the more time a teacher spends working, the less time the students spend learning. If I put my students to work on "learning activities" then they are doing research and preparing presentations which make them actively involved in the learning process. More and more they are finding that lecture is one of the least effective ways of teaching. Almost without exception my students tell me that they have learned more from my class than from any other teacher.


Jason Beardsley wrote:
Leafar the Lost wrote:


Sign #1: You create a message board post titled, "Signs You're A Paizo Messageboard Addict," and you waste valuable student learning time to feed your addiction. You should have your teaching certificate revoked.

That's just not nice. Makes Sebastian sad.

Every time someone 'troll posts' a horsie dies. :(
Think of the horsies.

NOOOOOO!!! The Ponies! must go protect the ponies!

*Climbs onto sunwing, his blue and yellow mount, and rushes to the stables*

Scarab Sages

David Fryer wrote:
kessukoofah wrote:
Leafar the Lost wrote:
David Fryer wrote:
The first thing you do when you get to work is check the board to see if any of your friends have posted anything new. You guys know who you are. You assign your students "learning activities" to have an excuse to check the board. You have more people you consider to be your friends on the board than in the town you live in.
Sign #1: You create a message board post titled, "Signs You're A Paizo Messageboard Addict," and you waste valuable student learning time to feed your addiction. You should have your teaching certificate revoked.
Are you kidding? wasting student time is like 99% of teaching. the other 1% is learnign how to say "read chapter XX for wednesday" in a monotone.
I would suggest that you read "The First Days of School" by Harry Wong. It spends a lot of time discussing how the more time a teacher spends working, the less time the students spend learning. If I put my students to work on "learning activities" then they are doing research and preparing presentations which make them actively involved in the learning process. More and more they are finding that lecture is one of the least effective ways of teaching. Almost without exception my students tell me that they have learned more from my class than from any other teacher.

I was kinda partially joking with my answer, but to be honest I have noticed that classes that give a bit of teaching at the beginning and then time to work on stuff in class are the ones that I benefit most from. as opposed to those that are an hour and half long lecture, which I almsot invariably becgin to write adventures during.

Dark Archive

kessukoofah wrote:
I was kinda partially joking with my answer, but to be honest I have noticed that classes that give a bit of teaching at the beginning and then time to work on stuff in class are the ones that I benefit most from. as opposed to those that are an hour and half long lecture, which I almsot invariably becgin to write adventures during.

I was all the way joking with my first comment, but some people took it as an excuse to troll, so I used your comment as an excuse to offer explanation. Just so I am clear, I never have and I never will give my students an assignment for the purpose of having an excuse to check the messageboard. If they are given an assignment there is an academic reason behind it.


You can not read CNN without feeling the need to share with other Paizoans.

Dark Archive

CourtFool wrote:
You can not read CNN without feeling the need to share with other Paizoans.

I don't read CNN, but my students and I start each class by watching the CNN student news.


I was never interested in current events when I was in high school. It is a shame, though. I had no idea how useful they could be for adventure seeds.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
David Fryer wrote:
CourtFool wrote:
You can not read CNN without feeling the need to share with other Paizoans.
I don't read CNN, but my students and I start each class by watching the CNN student news.

David gets his hard facts from The Onion.

;-)

Scarab Sages

David Fryer wrote:
CourtFool wrote:
You can not read CNN without feeling the need to share with other Paizoans.
I don't read CNN, but my students and I start each class by watching the CNN student news.

I had a history teacher that did something similar, only it wasn't the student news, it was just the normal CNN news. 15-20 minutes worth on average 3 days a week. when someone asked him why, he just pointed and said that this is history happening. it was pretty cool. he'd also explain that "history repeating itself" adage when things happened and point to where similar things have happened before for similar reasons. i forgot most everything that was actually talked about, but history repeating itself has become an inescapable truth for me.


Callous Jack wrote:

David gets his hard facts from The Onion.

;-)

Almost as accurate as the ‘liberal’ media.

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

David Fryer wrote:
CourtFool wrote:
You can not read CNN without feeling the need to share with other Paizoans.
I don't read CNN, but my students and I start each class by watching the CNN student news.

I never learned to read. :-(

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
CourtFool wrote:
Callous Jack wrote:

David gets his hard facts from The Onion.

;-)
Almost as accurate as the ‘liberal’ media.

Any media these days...

Dark Archive

In high school, we didn't watch CNN, it was Channel 2 news i think. Back when Lisa Ling was a part of the cast.

CourtFool wrote:
I was never interested in current events when I was in high school. It is a shame, though. I had no idea how useful they could be for adventure seeds.

Now, I watch CNN all the time. Never once thought of that. I will now, thanks!

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Sebastian wrote:
David Fryer wrote:
CourtFool wrote:
You can not read CNN without feeling the need to share with other Paizoans.
I don't read CNN, but my students and I start each class by watching the CNN student news.
I never learned to read. :-(

Or toilet train, right?


Sebastian wrote:
I never learned to read. :-(

That gives me an amusing mental image of law books printed in cartoons.

Sovereign Court

CourtFool wrote:
lastknightleft wrote:
you suck courtfool.

I thought it went without saying that you did not have to meet all of the statements. Just one qualifies you. Multiple affirmatives just amplifies your addiction.

Oh, and don't you mean, "You are full of suck courtfool"?

I knew I didn't have to meet all of them, but Dangit I was going for 100% addiction and you stuck me with 95% addiction. How am I going to show my face at my next PA meeting, huh, answer me that?


Jason Beardsley wrote:
Now, I watch CNN all the time. Never once thought of that. I will now, thanks!

Examples from another board.


lastknightleft wrote:
How am I going to show my face at my next PA meeting, huh, answer me that?

That was your face?


lastknightleft wrote:
CourtFool wrote:
lastknightleft wrote:
you suck courtfool.

I thought it went without saying that you did not have to meet all of the statements. Just one qualifies you. Multiple affirmatives just amplifies your addiction.

Oh, and don't you mean, "You are full of suck courtfool"?

I knew I didn't have to meet all of them, but Dangit I was going for 100% addiction and you stuck me with 95% addiction. How am I going to show my face at my next PA meeting, huh, answer me that?

by donning a poodle mask made from the skull of a poodle? trust me, no one will even remember that you missed a question.

Sovereign Court

CourtFool wrote:
lastknightleft wrote:
How am I going to show my face at my next PA meeting, huh, answer me that?
That was your face?

Yes it was, I know you're jealous

Dark Archive

CourtFool wrote:
Jason Beardsley wrote:
Now, I watch CNN all the time. Never once thought of that. I will now, thanks!
Examples from another board.

:) thanks

Dark Archive

Callous Jack wrote:
David Fryer wrote:
CourtFool wrote:
You can not read CNN without feeling the need to share with other Paizoans.
I don't read CNN, but my students and I start each class by watching the CNN student news.

David gets his hard facts from The Onion.

;-)

What are these facts that you speak of? I find it is easier to just make it up as I go along.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
David Fryer wrote:
What are these facts that you speak of? I find it is easier to just make it up as I go along.

You've got a bright future in politics or journalism.


Bah! CEO of a huge national bank is where it is at. Even if you do a terrible job, you get ~$7 million as severance pay.

You know, if I do a terrible job I just get fired.

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Llamafrog wrote:
What you may not know is that sebastian is just as Poodle as CourtFool -deep deep down- but he'll never admit it, so in a way, you are already a Poodle revolutionarie!

I thought Sebastian was more Pony than Poodle? Maybe he's like one of those freaky cross animals like an Owlbear: Poony or Ponyoodle or something. Bella Poodle maybe?


flash_cxxi wrote:
I thought Sebastian was more Pony than Poodle? Maybe he's like one of those freaky cross animals like an Owlbear: Poony or Ponyoodle or something. Bella Poodle maybe?

O.O Picture that! That's a big Poodly! :)

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Llamafrog wrote:
O.O Picture that! That's a big Poodly! :)

Imagine having to pick up after that when you take him out for a walk in the park! =0


... QUite a problem! We are still hiring people for that at PoodleCon, not much people applies. The pay is good thou ;)

Liberty's Edge

Agh! My internet was down last night, so I couldn't get on here, and now I've just gotten to work half an hour late and don't have time to post -

oh, wait...

I need help

51 to 100 of 518 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Signs You're A Paizo Messageboard Addict All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.