Stop the Edition Wars


4th Edition

51 to 55 of 55 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

doppelganger wrote:
Pax Veritas wrote:

Another generally accepted rule on these messageboards: Try not to be a dick.

Doppleganger, how do you think you're doing on that one right now?

ME??

You shifters do all kind of look alike.


doppelganger wrote:
Pax Veritas wrote:

Another generally accepted rule on these messageboards: Try not to be a dick.

Doppleganger, how do you think you're doing on that one right now?

ME??

Another sad case of mistaken identity. Next thing you know, you're going to be Cary Grant in North by Northwest.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
The Jade wrote:
doppelganger wrote:
Pax Veritas wrote:

Another generally accepted rule on these messageboards: Try not to be a dick.

Doppleganger, how do you think you're doing on that one right now?

ME??
You shifters do all kind of look alike.

Now, now, we can't have such blatant speciesism on these boards.


Rockheimr wrote:
The Jade wrote:
Rockheimr wrote:
Uhh ... this thread's spinning pretty rapidly out into ka-ka-land ain't it? ;-)
That's where you went with a chocolate milk reference? ;)
Not I. Check again old chap. :-)

My reading comprehension gets shot to the wind on 4 hours sleep. Not that I had any reason to be awake.

Anyone else feeling sleepless of late? Perhaps it's a viral meme passing throughout all societies, only no one really notices it to be an epidemic as it surreptitiously cripples us just before the alien invasion... or, perhaps it's only me and I need lullabies and therapy.


Paul Watson wrote:
The Jade wrote:
doppelganger wrote:
Pax Veritas wrote:

Another generally accepted rule on these messageboards: Try not to be a dick.

Doppleganger, how do you think you're doing on that one right now?

ME??
You shifters do all kind of look alike.
Now, now, we can't have such blatant speciesism on these boards.

I swear by all that is filled with holes that I don't think dopplegangers are inferior to any other race (except for the 100m dash, because that one just rocks). It's just that... well, if they're trying to, they can all look alike.

::mops flop sweat with a beach towel and quickly super-saturates it.::

You know? <:)


The Jade wrote:
Anyone else feeling sleepless of late?

I am definitely sleepless. It could be the "Edition Wars" or it could be the fact that my son is one month old and would rather spit up on me at 3 AM than play Pathfinder.


Trey wrote:
Another sad case of mistaken identity. Next thing you know, you're going to be Cary Grant in North by Northwest.

The last time I fell down Jefferson giant stone head I stopped my fall by grabbing onto a wiry bushel growing inside his nose. There was a bird's nest in there and some eggs fell onto my face, yellow and gelatinous. It was if the nose had uncorked mucilaginously on me. I became a mortal tissue. Good times... good times.


veector wrote:
The Jade wrote:
Anyone else feeling sleepless of late?

I am definitely sleepless. It could be the "Edition Wars" or it could be the fact that my son is one month old and would rather spit up on me at 3 AM than play Pathfinder.

Month old son? Oh, you people never sleep. Seriously.

I have a friend who, after having kids, gets so little sleep each night that I don't understand how he's still alive after six years. I've stayed at his house and worked full weeks with him and I can verify that the guy just does not sleep anymore.


The Jade wrote:

You shifters do all kind of look alike.

I must applaud your wittiness sir! It is a pleasure to read your posts.


The Jade wrote:


I swear by all that is filled with holes that I don't think dopplegangers are inferior to any other race (except for the 100m dash, because that one just rocks)

Again, I applaud you!

Scarab Sages

DoppleGangster wrote:

OK...

I never said that people shouldn't play what they like, I never said people who play 4e are stupid...
Play whatever makes you stand straighter...

I do not like 4e. I do not like WotC.
I do like stating my opinion and position... even when it crosses others' opinions and/or positions.

As far as I know, I am allowed to hate what I want to for whatever reasons I want to... no matter public or majority opinion...

Look, this whole 4e debacle has rubbed me the wrong way from day one... rubbed me 'till I am bleeding and sore. I just have to combat the blind, Obama-like followers of that failure of a RPG know as 4E when they regurgitate WotC's propaganda...

If you don't like me or what I have to say... guess what?...
You are not required to!!! Feel free to have a differing opinion!
Just don't tell me I am wrong for having mine.

Why shouldn't someone not be allowed to "bash" something they do not like?
Since I abhor 4e, anytime someone states something positive about it, I should be allowed to have it deleted...
Right? You have to be fair...

Ridiculous, right?

The problem here doesn't really seem to be these boards, the 4th Edition supporters, or Paizo. It seems to me you have a problem with anger.

That much directed hatred at something is not healthy. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but the fact that you would rather just state which things you hate (which is a very strong word) means that you will provoke the ire of people who feel the need to defend themselves against such hatred. The problem is you don't have a fully-formed opinion, you have a feeling, and you don't support it with arguments. Granted, you are allowed to function this way on the boards, but many people here don't agree with that method. These boards are a pretty intelligent place.

For example, if I say "I HATE PENS! PEOPLE WHO USE PENS IN RPGS ARE DUMB!"
I am expressing an opinion, but based on nothing and backed by strong feelings.
Now, if I say "Pens make it difficult to play RPGs because you end up having a mess of scratches for your hp, and it messes up your computer monitor."
The second statement is still opinion, it is easily refuted by others, but it is much more eloquent and reasonable in its presentation.

I'm not going to say "I told you so" but...


DoppleGangster wrote:
The Jade wrote:


I swear by all that is filled with holes that I don't think dopplegangers are inferior to any other race (except for the 100m dash, because that one just rocks)
Again, I applaud you!

Why thank you, sir... er, madam... I mean, si-- Hey, Cut That OUT!


Jal Dorak wrote:

The problem here doesn't really seem to be these boards, the 4th Edition supporters, or Paizo. It seems to me you have a problem with anger.

That much directed hatred at something is not healthy. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but the fact that you would rather just state which things you hate (which is a very strong word) means that you will provoke the ire of people who feel the need to defend themselves against such hatred. The problem is you don't have a fully-formed opinion, you have a feeling, and you don't support it with arguments. Granted, you are allowed to function this way on the boards, but many people here don't agree with that method. These boards are a pretty intelligent place.

For example, if I say "I HATE PENS! PEOPLE WHO USE PENS IN RPGS ARE DUMB!"
I am expressing an opinion, but based on nothing and backed by strong feelings.
Now, if I say "Pens make it...

I really don't think you have any business or ability diagnosing mental health problems of people on the internet having never met them and getting your info from what they post.

Are you serious?
Hate is a word like any other... why does it bother you?
Yes, I have a fully informed and well-functioning opinion, you don't think so because I have never given it to you...along with my arguments.
I don't feel I really need to because I have seen the same battles time after time already...

So, in conclusion, I wouldn't practice psychology or any other "ology" if I were you.


The Jade wrote:

Why thank you, sir... er, madam... I mean, si-- Hey, Cut That OUT!

LOLOLOL

Dude you are too much!


DoppleGangster wrote:


Hate is a word like any other... why does it bother you?

You do realize that different words have different meanings, right? Are you really saying that all words are the same?

DoppleGangster seems to think that here on Marklar, all words are marklar! Hey Marklar! Those marklars are marklar.


So I'm looking for a nice thread about how we can all get along, and instead I find this one with all its Obama and chocolate milk stuff?!

I'm not sure if Obama has publicly declared which D&D edition he prefers. Not being an American, I'm not sure that I care, unless it turns out that he was Vin Diesel's DM all along.

As for the chocolate milk...can I have some?


doppelganger wrote:
DoppleGangster wrote:


Hate is a word like any other... why does it bother you?

You do realize that different words have different meanings, right? Are you really saying that all words are the same?

DoppleGangster seems to think that here on Marklar, all words are marklar! Hey Marklar! Those marklars are marklar.

Of course I realize that!

But how many different meanings does hate have? When I say hate, I mean I very strongly dislike something.
What do you mean when you say it?

Fail... try again.

Would you not be so frightened had I said "I very strongly dislike 4e"?
Well too bad, I am lazy and "hate" is only 4 letters...


Evilturnip wrote:

So I'm looking for a nice thread about how we can all get along, and instead I find this one with all its Obama and chocolate milk stuff?!

I'm not sure if Obama has publicly declared which D&D edition he prefers. Not being an American, I'm not sure that I care, unless it turns out that he was Vin Diesel's DM all along.

As for the chocolate milk...can I have some?

If FOX News discovered Obama played D&D they'd crucify us all, labeling us maladjusted and immature occultists. And that's when all 1,482 1/2 of us D&D players (our total count here on Earth) would spring into action and send them SUCH a nasty letter.

Scarab Sages

DoppleGangster wrote:
Jal Dorak wrote:

The problem here doesn't really seem to be these boards, the 4th Edition supporters, or Paizo. It seems to me you have a problem with anger.

That much directed hatred at something is not healthy. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but the fact that you would rather just state which things you hate (which is a very strong word) means that you will provoke the ire of people who feel the need to defend themselves against such hatred. The problem is you don't have a fully-formed opinion, you have a feeling, and you don't support it with arguments. Granted, you are allowed to function this way on the boards, but many people here don't agree with that method. These boards are a pretty intelligent place.

For example, if I say "I HATE PENS! PEOPLE WHO USE PENS IN RPGS ARE DUMB!"
I am expressing an opinion, but based on nothing and backed by strong feelings.
Now, if I say "Pens make it...

I really don't think you have any business or ability diagnosing mental health problems of people on the internet having never met them and getting your info from what they post.

Are you serious?
Hate is a word like any other... why does it bother you?
Yes, I have a fully informed and well-functioning opinion, you don't think so because I have never given it to you...along with my arguments.
I don't feel I really need to because I have seen the same battles time after time already...

So, in conclusion, I wouldn't practice psychology or any other "ology" if I were you.

It is not out of bounds to suggest to someone they might have a problem with anger, just as it is not to approach an alcoholic.

And, since you don't seem to understand hate: it means the most extreme form of aversion to something, it is a strong emotion that should be reserved for strong circumstances. If you truly feel hate for a game, that could be a problem.


Jal Dorak wrote:


It is not out of bounds to suggest to someone they might have a problem with anger, just as it is not to approach an alcoholic.

And, since you don't seem to understand hate: it means the most extreme form of aversion to something, it is a strong emotion that should be reserved for strong circumstances. If you truly feel hate for a game, that could be a problem.

OK, you suggested I have a problem with anger. I suggest to you that I do not. I further suggest you cease the back-room psychology.

OH, I understand hate perfectly! As a matter of fact, I like your definition better!
Yes, it is a problem... the most horrible D&D version ever created!

If you truly believe you can psycho-analyze and diagnose anger problems via the internet... well, that could be a problem.

And just because you save words for certain circumstances, I am under no obligation to do so.


DoppleGangster wrote:


OK, you suggested I have a problem with anger. I suggest to you that I do not.

He does not suffer from an anger problem. He enjoys every minute of it!

Scarab Sages

doppelganger wrote:
DoppleGangster wrote:


OK, you suggested I have a problem with anger. I suggest to you that I do not.
He does not suffer from an anger problem. He enjoys every minute of it!

Apparently.

EDIT: Done fighting the troll. They just regenerate anyway.


doppelganger wrote:
DoppleGangster wrote:


OK, you suggested I have a problem with anger. I suggest to you that I do not.
He does not suffer from an anger problem. He enjoys every minute of it!

See?

Even this agrees I have no anger problem!
Oh, and I am enjoying myself... aren't you guys?

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

Luckily, poor reasoning and childishness are easy to identify without resorting to psychobabble.

Instead of political correctness, I recommend growing up. All Paizo asks for is the exercise of the basic social skills possessed by most 12 year olds. If you find that standard too high or too oppressive, I'm sure there are other places on the internet that better fit your need.


Jal Dorak wrote:

Apparently.

EDIT: Done fighting the troll. They just regenerate anyway.

So you resort to name calling? How am I being a Troll? By responding to your flaming and baiting?

So, a Troll is anyone who would defend themselves and have an opinion different from yours?... or who uses words when you don't feel they should be used???

What in the hell is wrong with you guys?
Obama doing bad in the polls?

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

I think we've had enough of this trainwreck. This is not what the 4th edition forum is for.


Way to be blunt, Sebastian. Although the Bella Sara Charter Superscriber tag has been making it hard to take you too seriously lately...

This thread is coming pretty close to personal attacks. Shaking hands and going off to do something else is probably wise.

51 to 55 of 55 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Gaming / D&D / 4th Edition / Stop the Edition Wars All Messageboards
Recent threads in 4th Edition