LFR Previews: Drow Player Race, Genasi Player Race, and Swordmage (Levels 1-3)


4th Edition


Someone over on EN World pointed this out, you can download an 11 page pdf that describes the drow, genasi, and swordmage.

Link


Interesting, thanks for the link. The Genasi look pretty cool. It does look like they've given up on the whole 'PC's don't have darkvision' thing though with the Drow... but then again I guess I can't really see a way around this since it is a defining feature of Underdark Elves. I do hope with other races that they continue the ban on darkvision. If not they may as well give it back to the Dwarves.


Holy crapamole! This is awesome! I'd give you a kiss, but your big ape face is off putting.

Thanks! :)


Oh, there's going to be a LOT of crunch in that book...

I actually admit to being a little dissapointed in that so much of the book is going to be crunch. I really miss the excellent fluffy write-ups from second edition. Though, I suppose, it can't be helped at this point.


vance wrote:

Oh, there's going to be a LOT of crunch in that book...

I actually admit to being a little dissapointed in that so much of the book is going to be crunch. I really miss the excellent fluffy write-ups from second edition. Though, I suppose, it can't be helped at this point.

I think the new campaign model is for most of the fluff to be segregated into the Campaign Guidebook while the Player's Handbook gets most of the crunch. 3E was somewhat similar, but it seems 4E might be even stricter on the fluff/crunch split here.


I hadn't realized that there WERE two 'main guides' coming for the settings, though that does make some sense. One crunchy and one fluffy... Well, here's hoping they pull it off. :)

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Gotta say, I like what I'm seeing on the Swordmage.


vance wrote:

I hadn't realized that there WERE two 'main guides' coming for the settings, though that does make some sense. One crunchy and one fluffy... Well, here's hoping they pull it off. :)

Indeed! Technically, there are in fact THREE books planned for each campaign setting, with the third being an adventure. :)


David Marks wrote:
Indeed! Technically, there are in fact THREE books planned for each campaign setting, with the third being an adventure. :)

Well, not gripped by the adventure. We'll see how the books balance out, though. I'll probably have more use of the 4E crunch than the fluff... since no one I know WANTS the new campaign, even if they want the new rules.


Yay! I rolled up a genasi swordmage, and I'll be playing that on Monday if not sooner. Good to see that they "fixed" the shielding "problem", that wasnt really a problem at all, but an assumption.

Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Gaming / D&D / 4th Edition / LFR Previews: Drow Player Race, Genasi Player Race, and Swordmage (Levels 1-3) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in 4th Edition