Pathfinder Open?


Alpha Playtest Feedback General Discussion

Contributor

Is PRPG going to be Open License? I don't even know yet, urgh!

I really want to offer versions of all my Indulgences and Dark Vistas in Pathfinder when it's all sexified up and ready to go!

Nick


Nicolas Logue wrote:

Is PRPG going to be Open License? I don't even know yet, urgh!

I really want to offer versions of all my Indulgences and Dark Vistas in Pathfinder when it's all sexified up and ready to go!

Nick

At this point, the only thing I've heard that will be closed is the deity list. Otherwise, the plan is (AFAIK) to have an SRD for it just like D20. PRPG is based on the d20 license.

Contributor

Sweet! Great news!

Sovereign Court Contributor

I'm pretty sure that any PI material will be off limits, but the rules will be OGL. So you can't use any Pathfinder names and places and stuff, but the system is wide open.

Contributor

Rambling Scribe wrote:
I'm pretty sure that any PI material will be off limits, but the rules will be OGL. So you can't use any Pathfinder names and places and stuff, but the system is wide open.

No problem there, I'm sure the rules will be so sexy...I want to offer them to my customers too!

Contributor

How dare you use the word sexy in the presence of a subject of her majesty.

Liberty's Edge

I heard he heats tea water, with the tea bags in it, in the microwave then puts ice in it and drinks it.
Without cream.


And that he once urinated on the steps of Buckingham Palace.

Contributor

Swine! He needs a good cuffing, shall you do it heathy or would you give me that honour [QE]

Contributor

Kirth Gersen wrote:
And that he once urinated on the steps of Buckingham Palace.

In that case I have no choice but to shoot him where he stands.

How dare you pass water on the steps of her majesties ceremonial home in our beloved capital Logue - come now, admit it man and I'll go easy on you.

Liberty's Edge

What's shorting? I know in stockmarket jargon and all,...

(edit--oh...shooting) oh, well....

I thought I was learning a new British colloquialism that I could be the first one on the block with. ;)

Contributor

Heathansson wrote:

I heard he heats tea water, with the tea bags in it, in the microwave then puts ice in it and drinks it.

Without cream.

You had me at microwave! I love me some micro-tea! ;-)

Actually I take mine like Mao...just the leaves in hot water. You know what he says:

If you don't eat the leaves, you're not a true revolutionary.

And we all know what happens if you aren't a true revolutionary, don't we?

:-0

Contributor

Kirth Gersen wrote:
And that he once urinated on the steps of Buckingham Palace.

It was asparagus tainted as well!

Contributor

Heathansson wrote:
What's shorting? I know in stockmarket jargon and all,...

Ah! changed my spelling mistake and now you look stupid - heathy looks stupid, heathy looks stupid!

Oh dear...

Liberty's Edge

Nicolas Logue wrote:
Heathansson wrote:

I heard he heats tea water, with the tea bags in it, in the microwave then puts ice in it and drinks it.

Without cream.

You had me at microwave! I love me some micro-tea! ;-)

Actually I take mine like Mao...just the leaves in hot water. You know what he says:

If you don't eat the leaves, you're not a true revolutionary.

And we all know what happens if you aren't a true revolutionary, don't we?

:-0

Did Mao drink cowboy coffee too?

Contributor

Nicolas Logue wrote:
Kirth Gersen wrote:
And that he once urinated on the steps of Buckingham Palace.
It was asparagus tainted as well!

That's it Logue, you've pushed it too far - I'm coming over to give you a slap

Liberty's Edge

Richard Pett wrote:
Heathansson wrote:
What's shorting? I know in stockmarket jargon and all,...

Ah! changed my spelling mistake and now you look stupid - heathy looks stupid, heathy looks stupid!

Oh dear...

I always look stupid. That way, if I do something smart, I don't get taken for granted.

Contributor

Nicolas Logue wrote:


You had me at microwave! I love me some micro-tea! ;-)

:-0

Blasphemy!

You'll be telling me you pass port to the right next...

Contributor

Heathansson wrote:
Richard Pett wrote:
Heathansson wrote:
What's shorting? I know in stockmarket jargon and all,...

Ah! changed my spelling mistake and now you look stupid - heathy looks stupid, heathy looks stupid!

Oh dear...

I always look stupid. That way, if I do something smart, I don't get taken for granted.

I put a spelling mistake in in honour [QE] of Logue's adventures, immitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

Contributor

Richard Pett wrote:
Heathansson wrote:
Richard Pett wrote:
Heathansson wrote:
What's shorting? I know in stockmarket jargon and all,...

Ah! changed my spelling mistake and now you look stupid - heathy looks stupid, heathy looks stupid!

Oh dear...

I always look stupid. That way, if I do something smart, I don't get taken for granted.
I put a spelling mistake in in honour [QE] of Logue's adventures, immitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

Too many vowels! TOO MANY VOWELS!!! If you don't watch it Rich I'll start taking out the "o" too! Would that make you happy?

Contributor

Now you're just being pedantic.

Contributor

Richard Pett wrote:
Now you're just being pedantic.

Well I have to compensate for the extra vowels is all. Not trying to cause trouble, promise.


[wee threadjack]
Is it bad that, when I saw the title of this post, the first thoughts that came to my mind were of Runelords playing golf...?
[/wee threadjack]

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dalesman
"Bringing Big D**n Justice to the Bad Guys Since 1369 DR"

Contributor

Nicolas Logue wrote:
Richard Pett wrote:
Now you're just being pedantic.
Well I have to compensate for the extra vowels is all. Not trying to cause trouble, promise.

just because you have 3 words in your title and I only get 1...

Contributor

I saw a vuaghn post the other day - I thought you still had him locked in your toy closet...

Contributor

Richard Pett wrote:
I saw a vuaghn post the other day - I thought you still had him locked in your toy closet...

I threw a bedbug infested laptop in there with him!

Contributor

Nicolas Logue wrote:
Richard Pett wrote:
I saw a vuaghn post the other day - I thought you still had him locked in your toy closet...
I threw a bedbug infested laptop in there with him!

You really have a thing about bedbugs don't you...

Contributor

Sadly they've become all I think about. :-(


Nicolas Logue wrote:

Is PRPG going to be Open License? I don't even know yet, urgh!

I really want to offer versions of all my Indulgences and Dark Vistas in Pathfinder when it's all sexified up and ready to go!

Nick

Back to the topic of the thread, or at least the two products in question, the Dark Vistas look AWESOME!

I've become a fan of your stuff Nick, I may break down and pick these up.

Contributor

lojakz wrote:
Nicolas Logue wrote:

Is PRPG going to be Open License? I don't even know yet, urgh!

I really want to offer versions of all my Indulgences and Dark Vistas in Pathfinder when it's all sexified up and ready to go!

Nick

Back to the topic of the thread, or at least the two products in question, the Dark Vistas look AWESOME!

I've become a fan of your stuff Nick, I may break down and pick these up.

Right on lojakz! Thanks!


Nicolas Logue wrote:
Right on lojakz! Thanks!

Or, as we say in America, "thankz." But seriously, Nick, I'll check that stuff out pronto. By spending more on gaming stuff, I'll be doing my best to bolster the U.S. economy, so that hopefully by 2009 the dollar will be worth more than 1/256 of a pound sterling.

Contributor

Kirth Gersen wrote:
Nicolas Logue wrote:
Right on lojakz! Thanks!
Or, as we say in America, "thankz." But seriously, Nick, I'll check that stuff out pronto. By spending more on gaming stuff, I'll be doing my best to bolster the U.S. economy, so that hopefully by 2009 the dollar will be worth more than 1/256 of a pound sterling.

Down with the Sterling! One Indulgence at a time Kirth! ;-)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Richard Pett wrote:
Nicolas Logue wrote:
Kirth Gersen wrote:
And that he once urinated on the steps of Buckingham Palace.
It was asparagus tainted as well!
That's it Logue, you've pushed it too far - I'm coming over to give you a slap

Why not in August?

(Now, if I remember the Challenge Feat right, Logue must make a Will Save based on how many Duel Feats Pett has, and the rest of us have to save to step in...)


The Dalesman wrote:

[wee threadjack]

Is it bad that, when I saw the title of this post, the first thoughts that came to my mind were of Runelords playing golf...?
[/wee threadjack]

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dalesman
"Bringing Big D**n Justice to the Bad Guys Since 1369 DR"

Thread jacking would imply that it was on subject in the first place.


Do thread jacks come with little toy prizes?

I could hear the word "sexy" being typed by Mr. Logue, and I just had to post. I'm a huge fan of HMM. I enjoyed using a jug of vaseline as a D&D prop.

Contributor

DarkArt wrote:

Do thread jacks come with little toy prizes?

I could hear the word "sexy" being typed by Mr. Logue, and I just had to post. I'm a huge fan of HMM. I enjoyed using a jug of vaseline as a D&D prop.

Nice! At least those ogres are thoughtful before they rape you in your rear region!

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
Kirth Gersen wrote:
hopefully by 2009 the dollar will be worth more than 1/256 of a pound sterling.

Please don't do that; I like this exchange rate - it allows me to buy more and more Paizo stuff.

I just bought all of the Sinister Indulgences for the price of a pint of ale in London.


GeraintElberion wrote:
Kirth Gersen wrote:
hopefully by 2009 the dollar will be worth more than 1/256 of a pound sterling.

Please don't do that; I like this exchange rate - it allows me to buy more and more Paizo stuff.

The lower the dollar gets, the more we non-Americans can afford. I'll give it another year, and I'll be able to buy Hasbro with my loose change.

Nicolas Logue wrote:


If you don't eat the leaves, you're not a true revolutionary.

And we all know what happens if you aren't a true revolutionary, don't we?

You're killed anyway and look silly in heaven?

Kirth Gersen wrote:
And that he once urinated on the steps of Buckingham Palace.

Isn't that what you're supposed to do? They have no wishing well, so you drop your personal water at the door and make a wish?

If not, then I've made a huge fool of myself.

Sovereign Court

Wow. Opened up this post to find out about PRPG stuff and learn that my favorite adventure author, Nicolas Logue has his OWN studio... Almost fell out of my damn chair from sheer joy. Best birthday present a guy could ask for, Nick.

Heh. I've got my group at the tail end of HMM right now, and I've already conditioned my hapless players to pee themselves at the mere mention of Nicholas Logue, especially after I told them they were wading through a *censored* version of his work. Now a Logue with his own studio... his own rules... Oh, my poor, poor players. There shall be much weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Long live Dread Lord Logue! Long live Sinister Adventures! Long live Paizo!


What do you really need to have your own studio? I've been involved in several hobby projects on the net and many of the other teams chosed to give themselves a name.
I think all you really need is a web-site and you have your own rpg-studio. ^^

Liberty's Edge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Nicolas Logue wrote:
Is PRPG going to be Open License? I don't even know yet, urgh!

Mr "Organized Play Coordinator" doesn't know if it's Open? HA!

Nicolas Logue wrote:
I really want to offer versions of all my Indulgences and Dark Vistas in Pathfinder when it's all sexified up and ready to go!

That's what the threads about, someone's a dirty dirty forum spammer. :)


die_kluge wrote:


At this point, the only thing I've heard that will be closed is the deity list.

And that's because it's setting stuff, and all setting stuff will be closed.

I still think they should make an exception for deities, or use some placeholders, so people who have no idea at least see what a detiy entry is supposed to look like. Maybe just offer the Big Six or something.

Or make something else up. I'd gladly do that if they want. I'll start: KaeYoss, CN greater god of Awesome. Portfolio: Awesome, Totally Ruling, Dudes. Domains: All of them, and more. Favoured Weapon: None. He's so awesome, people offer to off themselves for his greater glory. (I'd add "even enemies", but he doesn't have enemies. Only victims)

What?

Sovereign Court

Neithan wrote:

What do you really need to have your own studio? I've been involved in several hobby projects on the net and many of the other teams chosed to give themselves a name.

I think all you really need is a web-site and you have your own rpg-studio. ^^

You could replace every occurrence of "studio" with "web site where he sells his super-awesome adventures", and my post would still contain the same amount of jubilation. ^_^


What's the word on this topic gentlecritters? Will others be able to produce stuff via an Open License? And if so, will we be able to do stuff for /set in Golarion? Or will we have to make up our own? Can we make a 'if set in Golarion' sidebar?

Community / Forums / Archive / Pathfinder / Playtests & Prerelease Discussions / Pathfinder Roleplaying Game / Alpha Playtest Feedback / General Discussion / Pathfinder Open? All Messageboards
Recent threads in General Discussion