Get out the vote, people!


RPG Superstar™ 2008 General Discussion

Legendary Games, Necromancer Games

You authors better go scare up some votes. I predict this round will be pretty tight. In my view (and I am often wrong), there are 4 real strong entries and the other two spots are up for grabs.

And voters, please make sure to express your opinion.

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16 , Marathon Voter Season 6 aka Core

Clark Peterson wrote:
In my view (and I am often wrong), there are 4 real strong entries and the other two spots are up for grabs.

After reading them all I would have no problems recommending these three (read them if you have not yet).

The Darkblight
In the bleak midwinter
Born of Lightning

Luckily I only get three votes, if I had to pick a 4th it would be tough.

Btw to the top 8 folks, if I bashed your entry I will post one myself later on this week so you can stick it to me :P


Clark Peterson wrote:

You authors better go scare up some votes. I predict this round will be pretty tight. In my view (and I am often wrong), there are 4 real strong entries and the other two spots are up for grabs.

And voters, please make sure to express your opinion.

4 solid spots and two up for grabs? Aren't only four advancing?


Huh, nope top 6. Is this a recent change or did I miss it the whole way?

Dark Archive Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4

propeliea wrote:
Huh, nope top 6. Is this a recent change or did I miss it the whole way?

Always been that way, but the "halving" advancement system of the last few rounds has been so ingrained that only cutting two for this round seems odd.

My dad looked at me like I had lost my mind when I explained it to him.

Papa Boomer: "So, you're in a D&D Contest?"
Me: "Well, kinda. A writing contest."
Papa Boomer: "You're writing D&D?"
Me: "Yep!"
Papa Boomer: "How do they determine the winner?"
Me: "Well, they started with a bunch of people. And I was chosen. And then it goes from 32 to 16, 16 to 8, 8 to 6 . . . "
Papa Boomer: "Uh, half of eight is FOUR, Clinton."
Me: " . . . I know."
Papa Boomer: "Just checking."

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

thatboomerkid wrote:
propeliea wrote:
Huh, nope top 6. Is this a recent change or did I miss it the whole way?

Always been that way, but the "halving" advancement system of the last few rounds has been so ingrained that only cutting two for this round seems odd.

My dad looked at me like I had lost my mind when I explained it to him.

Papa Boomer: "So, you're in a D&D Contest?"
Me: "Well, kinda. A writing contest."
Papa Boomer: "You're writing D&D?"
Me: "Yep!"
Papa Boomer: "How do they determine the winner?"
Me: "Well, they started with a bunch of people. And I was chosen. And then it goes from 32 to 16, 16 to 8, 8 to 6 . . . "
Papa Boomer: "Uh, half of eight is FOUR, Clinton."
Me: " . . . I know."
Papa Boomer: "Just checking."

That is such a total 'dad' thing to say.

Awesome.

Dark Archive Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4

Jason Nelson 20 wrote:


That is such a total 'dad' thing to say.

Awesome.

He's a wacky guy, my papa. Looks exactly like me, but several inches taller & with white hair.

Working at the bar in my crazy little college town, I have dozens of cute girls every semester walk up and say "Wow, are you Dr. Boomer's son? OMG, he's, like, the best professor EVER!"

Oi.


I voted.

Dark Archive Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4

Kruelaid wrote:
I voted.

Sure, but did you get OUT the vote?

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

thatboomerkid wrote:
Jason Nelson 20 wrote:


That is such a total 'dad' thing to say.

Awesome.

He's a wacky guy, my papa. Looks exactly like me, but several inches taller & with white hair.

Working at the bar in my crazy little college town, I have dozens of cute girls every semester walk up and say "Wow, are you Dr. Boomer's son? OMG, he's, like, the best professor EVER!"

Oi.

Looks just like you, you say?

Does that mean he wears outfits comprised entirely of belts?

No wonder the ladies like him... :)

Dark Archive Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4

Jason Nelson 20 wrote:

Looks just like you, you say?

Does that mean he wears outfits comprised entirely of belts?

No wonder the ladies like him... :)

He's certainly got the build for it.

If I look half that good when I'm half his age, I'll be a very happy man.

Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / RPG Superstar™ / Previous Contests / RPG Superstar™ 2008 / General Discussion / Get out the vote, people! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion
Losing items