Again we wait...


RPG Superstar™ 2008 General Discussion

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 8

Having submitted I must now wait again. Thankfully, now I have one of many burdens relieved from my shoulders.

Work is a pain, running a store providing Mt Dew and Cheetos to both gamers and druggies in a 24/7 operation is a tough life, especially when your bosses are being ridden hard by their bosses, so it all flows downhill.

Tomorrow/Today 12/17 I will be moving across town and I've neglected my packing to get this entry finished on time. I still need to set up the moving of my utilities and such, especially internet, hopefully I'll be back up online by Wednesday. Currently, I'm contemplating some cleaning dishes before bed (it's 2a EST) while I'm listening to my waterbed drain (which it has been doing for 4 hours now, slow...I think the voting might be done before my bed is dry.

I've kinda ignored and neglected my girlfriend while doing this. She understands, which is great, cuz she's a gamer herself, but she is still a girl and I will be paying for it for quite some time.

Once again, congratulations to all who have advanced. Thank you to you wonderful people at Paizo/Necromancer Games/Kobold Quarterly for this opportunity. Best of fortune to all of us who remain.

Good Night, and Good Luck.

Legendary Games, Necromancer Games

I have a funny feeling that your sacrifices were worth it :) I'm sure you submitted an excellent entry.

Good luck to you and all the contestants.

The Exchange Kobold Press

Congrats on beating the deadline, and good luck with your girlfriend, move, and job!

Superstars need persistence... Like Clark, I'm sure that devotion will pay off in your work.

Dark Archive Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4

Joseph Yerger wrote:

Having submitted I must now wait again. Thankfully, now I have one of many burdens relieved from my shoulders.

*snip*

Tomorrow/Today 12/17 I will be moving across town and I've neglected my packing to get this entry finished on time. I still need to set up the moving of my utilities and such, especially internet, hopefully I'll be back up online by Wednesday. Currently, I'm contemplating some cleaning dishes before bed (it's 2a EST) while I'm listening to my waterbed drain (which it has been doing for 4 hours now, slow...I think the voting might be done before my bed is dry.

I've kinda ignored and neglected my girlfriend while doing this. She understands, which is great, cuz she's a gamer herself, but she is still a girl and I will be paying for it for quite some time.

Once again, congratulations to all who have advanced. Thank you to you wonderful people at Paizo/Necromancer Games/Kobold Quarterly for this opportunity. Best of fortune to all of us who remain.

Good Night, and Good Luck.

I feel your pain and wish both you and all of my other Top 16 compatriots the very best - I just got my girlfriend moved in to my place, and I'm fighting a nasty strain of the flu that keeps knocking me on my ass just when I think I've got it licked.

Here's hoping that we're all feeling spicy & on our game by Wednesday, ready to take some good, honest criticism, learn from the Masters, and keep our spirits up for the next cut.

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC , Marathon Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7

Joseph Yerger wrote:

Having submitted I must now wait again. Thankfully, now I have one of many burdens relieved from my shoulders.

I've kinda ignored and neglected my girlfriend while doing this. She understands, which is great, cuz she's a gamer herself, but she is still a girl and I will be paying for it for quite some time.

Well, look on the bright side. I just returned from a con, which I'll be paying for for some time, because my better half isn't a gamer and can't fathom how anyone would want to play games all the time :)

Dark Archive Contributor, RPG Superstar aka Leandra Christine Schneider

It is done...done! Finally free!
I guess I should consider detaching myself from my PC now to start catching up on the things I've left decomposing in the last few days. Lets see: Christmas shopping, Uni, cleaning, preparing the adventure for Wednesday night,...*faints*


Ah, the sacrifices one must make to realize his/her dreams. I give kudos to each and every one of the 16 finalists. I know this wasn't easy and I can't wait to read the submissions.

This wait (excuse my language) sucks.

Catch up on your holiday cards in the meantime :-P

Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16

I lost power yesterday afternoon due to a winter storm, and spent a good chunk of the morning looking for a place with internet access (always save to your thumb drive :) ). I had a few hours left before the deadline but I didn't want to push my luck so away it went!

(at least this time I made no mention of taxes...)

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16 , Marathon Voter Season 6 aka Core

The CEO at my work is a former D&D player and I let him read my entries. I noticed after doing so my clearance was moved to requirements engineering and I am essentially doing nothing until Jan 7th. Think I finished my entry on Thursday, submitted Friday. Rather bored at the moment...

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 8 aka Iourn

Hello all. This is my first post on the Paizo boards. My apologies for seeming rather reticent until now. I've just moved, and I've been without internet access for three weeks. It was a long, hard three weeks...

Anyway - my thanks to everyone who took the time and trouble to comment on my previous entries. I am slowly reading back through all the previous posts, as well as the other contestants' country and wondrous item submissions. I've found plenty of good ideas for my own campaign.

My villain has now been subitting with over two hours to spare. Although I think I'm at a bit of an advantage living in the UK, as midday Pacific time is 8:00pm for me. I feel as though I get a whole extra day.

Now, I really should think about starting my Christmas shopping.

Good luck, everyone!

Neil.

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32 aka Spar

Good luck to you all!

The Exchange Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 6 , Dedicated Voter Season 6

Submitted. The 500 word limit was a real bear on this one, but it was a fun assignment. I wish it were Wednesday already :)

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC , Marathon Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7

Core wrote:

The CEO at my work is a former D&D player and I let him read my entries. I noticed after doing so my clearance was moved to requirements engineering and I am essentially doing nothing until Jan 7th. Think I finished my entry on Thursday, submitted Friday. Rather bored at the moment...

I want your job. Though probably just your boss will do.

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

Phew, just posted it!

I broke my personal best. Last time I posted with 9 minutes to spare. This time, only 6 minutes!

That'll teach me to spend time with my kids going out of town on a trip! Well, we had fun, and yes I did bring my laptop and do about an hour or so of work on my entry Saturday night after they had gone to bed. Which was pretty villainous, I suppose, so it fits...

But after endless recounts and revisions, 500 words of flavor text on the nose! Geez it's hard to get there sometimes.

Legendary Games, Necromancer Games

I'm glad you slipped yours in under the wire. I just reviewed it and did my "initial impression" review. I will do my full formal review later tonite. You got me with your twist... that's all I will say :) Got me in a good way.

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16 aka Sir_Wulf

I was at a convention all weekend, so I was very worried that I hadn't finished my villain's stat block. When I headed home on Sunday night, the car was trapped in construction, crawling home at 10 MPH. I had a lot of time to think.

Then I had an idea: A different villain.

Starting at 11:30 last night, I started again from scratch.

This morning, I called my supervisor and adjusted my work schedule. Getting back home, I went back to work.

At 11:44 PST (Paizo Standard Time), I found everything was in italics.

At 11:56 I found and eliminated the problem. Checking again, part was still in italics.

Found the problem, villain done and sent: High Noon Pacific Time, exactly.

Whew!

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

Sir_Wulf wrote:

I was at a convention all weekend, so I was very worried that I hadn't finished my villain's stat block. When I headed home on Sunday night, the car was trapped in construction, crawling home at 10 MPH. I had a lot of time to think.

Then I had an idea: A different villain.

Starting at 11:30 last night, I started again from scratch.

This morning, I called my supervisor and adjusted my work schedule. Getting back home, I went back to work.

At 11:44 PST (Paizo Standard Time), I found everything was in italics.

At 11:56 I found and eliminated the problem. Checking again, part was still in italics.

Found the problem, villain done and sent: High Noon Pacific Time, exactly.

Whew!

Dude, you're gonna give yourself a heart attack!

I think in the last round somebody made it under the wire by a matter of seconds too. I thought I was freaking out being down to single-digit minutes to go. I'm trying for early next time, that's all I can say!

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

Clark Peterson wrote:
I'm glad you slipped yours in under the wire. I just reviewed it and did my "initial impression" review. I will do my full formal review later tonite. You got me with your twist... that's all I will say :) Got me in a good way.

That's good to hear. A dark twist on an old favorite indeed, and we will see what the voters think.

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC , Marathon Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7

Joseph Yerger wrote:
Having submitted I must now wait again. Thankfully, now I have one of many burdens relieved from my shoulders.

We're all waiting anxiously.

Well, everyone except the Big Three. They don't have to wait any longer, they get their fix two days before everyone else :)

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16 aka amusingsn

Wednesday will come soon!

I hope all the stat blocks don't make the readers' eyes bleed, especially with all the "show your math on everything" stuff.

I'm personally more comfortable with the looser stat block format in the monster manual or SRD document, but I guess the modified DMG2 format that was chosen is more utilitarian in actual game use, even if I don't like the way it looks. Still, there are a few more changes that could be made to the stat block format that I think would make it easier to reference.

Perhaps in the next round, with the new monsters, the contestants will be allowed a little freedom in their presentation of the stats!

Good luck to my fellow contestants, and thank you to the judges and voters for the boat load of time and love you've put into the contest so far!

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

amusingsn wrote:

Wednesday will come soon!

I hope all the stat blocks don't make the readers' eyes bleed, especially with all the "show your math on everything" stuff.

I'm personally more comfortable with the looser stat block format in the monster manual or SRD document, but I guess the modified DMG2 format that was chosen is more utilitarian in actual game use, even if I don't like the way it looks. Still, there are a few more changes that could be made to the stat block format that I think would make it easier to reference.

Perhaps in the next round, with the new monsters, the contestants will be allowed a little freedom in their presentation of the stats!

Good luck to my fellow contestants, and thank you to the judges and voters for the boat load of time and love you've put into the contest so far!

Likewise to all of the above. The stat block format is different than I am used to, but I got a check-plus in elementary school in following directions, the judges' wish is my command.

I know I put a lot of work into this crazy contest (blowing off 4 hours of supposed-to-be-working time today alone, and that was just to put the finishing polish on things), and I know I'm not alone. Geez, just reading all of the kewl entries from everyone else was fun but terribly time-consuming. Not getting a lot of work done these last few weeks. Thanks to the judges, the Three Kings and all of the loyal citizens of Paizoland alike. Best of luck to all, and may the most villainous villians win!


Clark Peterson wrote:
You got me with your twist... that's all I will say :) Got me in a good way.

Not fair!

Now I'm dying to know.

Is it Wednesday yet?

Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / RPG Superstar™ / Previous Contests / RPG Superstar™ 2008 / General Discussion / Again we wait... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion
Losing items