The Waiting Begins


RPG Superstar™ 2008 General Discussion

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 16 aka amusingsn

To my fellow contestants, I wish you all good luck.

Each and every one of the entries had something in them that would make them worthy of advancement to the next round. In my book, there's a little bit of a superstar in all of you.

Now for the waiting.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16 , Star Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7, Star Voter Season 8, Star Voter Season 9 aka JoelF847

Erik, good luck yourself, and ditto to everyone else. This has been a blast so far, and I know it will continue to be, even if I have to continue only by reading and voting.

I will quibble though and say that the waiting merely continues, not begins, we should all be used to waiting by now, between waiting for the results of the first round, and then waiting to read the judges responses to our countries.

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya:

"I hate waiting."

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32 aka Spar

Waiting is a major part of life :)

Good luck everyone, looking forward to what will appear next :)

WC

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32 , Star Voter Season 6 aka exile

Good luck to all of you guys as well.

Chad


Good luck and congrats to all of you. It was a challenge to pick just five to vote for. You all had something interesting to offer and look forward to seeing some awesome vilians.

Dark Archive Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4

We're iced-in, here in Mac-Town, with a boil order in effect because of sewer problems - so I, for one, plan to drink the night away in warm comfort next to my Christmas tree, possibly watch a few films, and chomp on delicious, over-buttered popcorn.

Anything, honestly, to just zone-out, because the waiting for THIS round will be . . . exquisite, I think. Is that the word?

Much love to all of the voters, all of the contestants, and all of the Judges - this has been a magical and wonderous learning experience.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 8

Congrats to us all for advancing as far as we have. We are a fortunate few. Good luck to us all.

Legendary Games, Necromancer Games

I agree.

Good luck everyone!

All of you did a very good job. Even the ones that didnt advance or that I didnt recommend in my critiques.

Please remember we set a very, very high standard that we compared you guys to. To get a C in this grading in my book means you submitted an average submission among a group of massively above average authors. So being average in a group of greatness is still greatness.

You all have alot to be proud of. And someone among you is going to be the RPG Superstar.

Paizo Employee Chief Creative Officer, Publisher

I agree with Clark. To make it this far you had to beat out more than 800 other gamers, and that's something to be proud of even if you don't advance to the next round.

Reading your submissions has been a treat, and I feel lucky to be involved in this contest.

Good luck, everyone!

Dark Archive Contributor, RPG Superstar aka Leandra Christine Schneider

Being 9 hours ahead of that pacific standard time doesn't help too :P ...a full "work-day" before the results are announced *shudders*.

Good luck!

Marathon Voter Season 6, Dedicated Voter Season 7, Marathon Voter Season 8, Star Voter Season 9 aka Clouds Without Water

LeandraChristine wrote:

Being 9 hours ahead of that pacific standard time doesn't help too :P ...a full "work-day" before the results are announced *shudders*.

Good luck!

If you don't make it in, I'll eat the severed head of a dying god.

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32 aka Darrien

Eric Anderson wrote:

To my fellow contestants, I wish you all good luck.

Each and every one of the entries had something in them that would make them worthy of advancement to the next round. In my book, there's a little bit of a superstar in all of you.

My sentiments exactly.

Let me just add that I do not believe I could have competed against a more talented and gracious group of competitors. I have enjoyed all the entries in both rounds of the contest.

"Clark Peterson wrote:
Please remember we set a very, very high standard that we compared you guys to. To get a C in this grading in my book means you submitted an average submission among a group of massively above average authors. So being average in a group of greatness is still greatness.

And I will take my C+, for it was a C+ relative to other, brilliant work.


Good luck to the top 32. I really enjoyed reading your entries!

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32 aka Qor

Good luck to the rest of you as well! This was certainly a fun learning experience.

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC , Marathon Voter Season 6, Star Voter Season 7

Yeah.

I have to say that reading the country entries definitely removed any issues I had with not being selected. I'm pretty darn sure that I would not have beat out any of the five that I voted for.

Sooon ... soooooon ..


gbonehead wrote:

Yeah.

I have to say that reading the country entries definitely removed any issues I had with not being selected. I'm pretty darn sure that I would not have beat out any of the five that I voted for.

Sooon ... soooooon ..

I hear that. I'd have no chance in this competition. Heck, right now I think there are three contestants that Paizo should contract regardless of what happens in the voting. I'm looking forward to seeing what other ideas they come up with.

Marathon Voter Season 6, Dedicated Voter Season 7, Marathon Voter Season 8, Star Voter Season 9 aka Clouds Without Water

Hildane wrote:
gbonehead wrote:

Yeah.

I have to say that reading the country entries definitely removed any issues I had with not being selected. I'm pretty darn sure that I would not have beat out any of the five that I voted for.

Sooon ... soooooon ..

I hear that. I'd have no chance in this competition. Heck, right now I think there are three contestants that Paizo should contract regardless of what happens in the voting. I'm looking forward to seeing what other ideas they come up with.

Thirded. No way I could run with the top 2/3rds of this round.

My nation would have seemed very dull in comparison with nearly all of these.

Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / RPG Superstar™ / Previous Contests / RPG Superstar™ 2008 / General Discussion / The Waiting Begins All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion
Losing items