DM Snake's Intrigue


Play-by-Post

101 to 150 of 265 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 1

Sure, I'll accompany Shym to pick up any last minute adventuring gear we'll need, such as bedrolls. Cadwyn isn't really accustomed to wilderness travel, so he's open to any other suggestions Shym or any of the other more adept travellers may have.


Male Human Enchanter 1

Shym says, "I will accompany our friend Cadwyn and meet the rest of you at the designated departure point in two hours."

Shym sneaks home as outlined above and grabs his cain. He purchases a nice bedroll, a fancy little candle based lantern, and a few candles (he has 5gp - how much does it cost?)


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

What type of lantern would it be?


Male Human Fighter 1

Cadwyn just has 2gp to rub together. I need a bedroll...decent but not extravagant...and a couple pieces of chalk or charcoal.

Cost?


Male Human Enchanter 1
DM Snake wrote:
What type of lantern would it be?

Something made up - a normal lantern uses oil and costs 1sp - I want one that holds a candle (uses a candle's light stats) instead of oil. A couple silver pieces up to a gold piece seems fair to me :)


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17
Shym Nykwill wrote:
DM Snake wrote:
What type of lantern would it be?
Something made up - a normal lantern uses oil and costs 1sp - I want one that holds a candle (uses a candle's light stats) instead of oil. A couple silver pieces up to a gold piece seems fair to me :)

That sounds reasonable. I'd say it costs 3sp. I'd say that you can buy all of it.


Male Human Enchanter 1
DM Snake wrote:
Shym Nykwill wrote:
DM Snake wrote:
What type of lantern would it be?
Something made up - a normal lantern uses oil and costs 1sp - I want one that holds a candle (uses a candle's light stats) instead of oil. A couple silver pieces up to a gold piece seems fair to me :)
That sounds reasonable. I'd say it costs 3sp. I'd say that you can buy all of it.

I'm ready! I've updated my character sheet


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

Alright, sorry guys! I've been unable to post for a while. We can continue now!
Assuming everybody is indeed ready...

The group arrives in Lopinsand. A scorpion scurries past Cadwyn's boot, but it looks harmless. The carriage soon leaves, with the captain shouting behind "Good luck! Though there is none there!" Everyone feels unnerved in the 'haunted' desert. Something is wrong. Unnatural.


Male Elf Scout 1

Elerosse looks at the desert sand then grabs a hand full of the sand and lets it slowly go through his hand to the ground, " Grandfather was right about this place, its not like natural deserts." As Elerosse hears the Captain saying Good Luck, he nods his head,then looks at the other, "Well move on now."


Male Human Enchanter 1

"This sucks," Shym mutters under his breath. He keeps his free hand hovering over his spell component pouch. Adventuring is already more nerve racking than he expected.


female human ranger/1

Hera looks around, exited to be starting a new adventure. She looks at the desert, slightly unnerved, but hoping that once she explored more, it wouldn't be so unusual.


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

Everyone make a listen check.
Listen 15

Spoiler:
As you wander through the desert, a soft voice moans "please help me...water...water..."


Male Human Enchanter 1

Listen (1d20-1=11)


Male Elf Scout 1

Listen-17+5=22 Elerosse listens to the voice, "There is someone in need of help!" Elerosse looks to see if he can find the person calling for help. spot-13+4=17, unless the person is in site where Elerosse can see the person then forget about the spot check.


Male Human Enchanter 1
Elerosse Coamenel wrote:
Listen-17+5=22 Elerosse listens to the voice, "There is someone in need of help!" Elerosse looks to see if he can find the person calling for help. spot-13+4=17, unless the person is in site where Elerosse can see the person then forget about the spot check.

"There is someone out here? Then let us make haste to their aid." Shym motions for Elerosse and those that can hear anything other than their own missery to lead the way.


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

The voice seems to be coming from nowhere. "Water, water, please, gods help us, water..."


female human ranger/1

listen check 9+4=13
"What? I don't hear anything. Do you hear something?" She looks wildly about her, afraid that she's missed something.


Male Elf Scout 1
DM Snake wrote:
The voice seems to be coming from nowhere. "Water, water, please, gods help us, water..."

Elerosse starts walking toward the voice that calls for help, "I don't know if i should trust my ears. It could be a trap"


Male Human Enchanter 1

As we wander into the desert, following Elerosse, Shym asks "What do you hear? Should we ready our weapons?"


male Human Spirit Shaman

Exhilarated to be free from the press of the city and its trappings, xaephon bounds out of the coach even before it comes to a complete rest.
“I wonder what mysteries await us in the in the bleach purity of the waste. I am certain the spirits are guiding me and the means to complete my undertaking are at hand. I can feel it cold brother.” Xaephon excited speaks in sylvan to this spirit guide.
1+8=failure

So engrossed Xaephon hears nothing till Elerosse speaks.


male Human Spirit Shaman

Elerosse , you seemed well acquainted with the dark the night of our meeting on the brigade do you think you might be able to approach stealthy and make sure in is not some horror of the sand trying to make a meal of us?


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

As everyone nears the sound, it gets louder so everyone can hear it. It seems like there are hundreds of voices, floating in the air.
Make another Listen check.
Listen 10:

Spoiler:
There is another voice, saying something else, but you can't tell what it's saying.

Listen 15:
Spoiler:
Another voice rises from the chaos. "We know all... we cannot be seen...pleasssse give us waterrrr...


Male Human Enchanter 1

Listen: (1d20-1=2)


female human ranger/1

As she hears the voices, Hera looks wildly around. "What are we going to do?" She asks, desperate to help whoever is talking. She looks up, searching the sky for something that might be talking.

Whoo! I just rolled a 19! Spot check 19+5=24


male Human Spirit Shaman

Stunned and speechless Xaephon frees his flask of water in preparation for the owner of the voice.
11+8=19


Male Elf Scout 1

Listen-18+5=23 Elerosse stands there sliently kneeling to the desert sand, Taking out his water skin pouring drops into the sand. Then Elerosse looks at the others and replys to Xaephon, " I will try to find us food, hopefully Obad- Hai will be helping me. I think the voice could lead us to the murderer, or a clue to where the murderer is heading next." Elerosse waits to see if the voice replies and regrets wasting his water:(.


Male Human Enchanter 1
Elerosse Coamenel wrote:

Listen-18+5=23 Elerosse stands there sliently kneeling to the desert sand, Taking out his water skin pouring drops into the sand. Then Elerosse looks at the others and replys to Xaephon, " I will try to find us food, hopefully Obad- Hai will be helping me. I think the voice could lead us to the murderer, or a clue to where the murderer is heading next." Elerosse waits to see if the voice replies and regrets wasting his water:(.

"What voice?!?" Shym hisses in near panic. "Will someone please tell me what is going on?"

When Shym sees the waterskin and hears Elerosse talking about food he takes a mental inventory. "Oh hell, I didn't bring any water!"


Male Elf Scout 1
Shym Nykwill wrote:


"What voice?!?" Shym hisses in near panic. "Will someone please tell me what is going on?"

When Shym sees the waterskin and hears Elerosse talking about food he takes a mental inventory. "Oh hell, I didn't bring any water!"

Elerosse stares at Shym telling him that there was a new voice and it said "We know all... we cannot be seen...pleasssse give us waterrrr..."


male Human Spirit Shaman

Don’t worry Shym, your lack of water might be as much a deathsend as it first seems. I have friends who can bring water from beyond.

Spirits lo I am humble before you. Could you spare us some insight which you infinitely possess. We follow the last utterances of a man whom body is now empty of the spark of life, perhaps you know of him? It was he that named this lad and it is the why of this slaying we seek and the one who’s intent it was. Perhaps he has pasted through here before us?
if required diplomacy 13+1=14


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

As water is poured into the ground, there is a long sigh. Then the lone voice continues, stronger now.
"You're kindness merits a reward. We will tell you where, and what, you seek."


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

"You seek Lopinsand. He is not found here. In...the Bell Land!"


Male Elf Scout 1
DM Snake wrote:
"You seek Lopinsand. He is not found here. In...the Bell Land!"

"The Bell Land? Where is that?" Elerosse tries to remember where it is but, fails to remember. knowledge(Geography)-2+1=3


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

not that this is much of a surprise, but you can't come up with a land named that.
The spirit speaks again, annoyed. "You know what I mean. At midnight, big bell ringssss...loud..."


female human ranger/1

Bell land.... Hera wracks her brain, trying to remember if she had heard anything about it.

Knowledge geography (untrained) 14+2=16


male Human Spirit Shaman

the Actar? I think it means the Actar.


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

Knowledge (geography) reveals nothing.
The spirits seem excited at Xaephon's idea. "Yes! Yes! Land of Rats and Ravens! there is what you seek! You find what you need there, in Land of Bellsssss..."


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

The voices fade, and are gone.


Male Human Fighter 1

[ooc]Sorry all, had a death in the family and have been gone for the last week and a half. I'm back now though! I'll read through and post accordingly. Thanks for the patience, and I should be able to post regularly now.


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

We're sorry for your loss.


Male Human Fighter 1

As the scorpion crawls across Cadwyn's foot he shudders a bit. He looks around the desolate landscape and shakes his head. He nods politely to the carriage driver and mutters his thanks. Looking to his companions he says, "Bit of a gods-forsaken land we've found ourselves in, eh?"

Suddenly, his ears perk up.

Listen check 1d20+2=15

"Do you hear that? Someone is all the way out here?"

With a hiss, he draws his weapon, readies his shield, and keeps his eyes peeled for any signs of trouble.

Spot check 1d20+2=6

After observing his newfound friends reactions, he relaxes slightly. "I'm sorry, friends, but I'm not sure I understand. We came all the way out here just to travel back to the city? It seems there may be more here that we may have overlooked..."


Male Human Enchanter 1
Xaephon Ateus wrote:

the Actar? I think it means the Actar.

"So we're supposed to go back to town?!?"

How far is it?


male Human Spirit Shaman

I think the Gods play games with us! I cannot for the life of me see a man hurtling towards his doom spending this last precious moment to what, send us to a voice in the desert which will return us to where we were. That makes no sense. Unless he was mad? And if that was the case should we pursue this?


Male Human Fighter 1

"Interesting questions, to be sure," Cadwyn states thoughtfully. "Unfortunately, as I was not present to hear the man who lead you here, I may not be in a position to make the best decision regarding our progress. However, if we take some time to investigate here, we will be no worse off heading back to the city tomorrow than we are today."

He shrugs, then nudges a small scorpion away with his boot.

"My sword is still yours, however we decide to proceed."


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

Oh by the way, 100 story xp.


female human ranger/1

"Maybe we should go back to the town and learn more about this place before doing anything." She looks around, uncomfortable in this odd desert and obiously anxious to get back to the city.


Male Elf Scout 1

Elerosse kicks the sand of the desert, "Curses... we might as well head back now." Elerosse looks at the others nods his head then starts walking.


Male Human Enchanter 1
Cadwyn Tallis wrote:
"My sword is still yours, however we decide to proceed."

Shym sees Elerosse and Hera heading home and shrugs.

"I'm slower than a dwarf with a broken leg carrying this blasted stick flinger around...Cadwyn, would you mind carrying it for me for awhile?" Shym holds out his crossbow, his puny arms trembling under its weight.


Male Human Fighter 1
Shym Nykwill wrote:


"I'm slower than a dwarf with a broken leg carrying this blasted stick flinger around...Cadwyn, would you mind carrying it for me for awhile?" Shym holds out his crossbow, his puny arms trembling under its weight.

"Sure, my friend," replies Cadwyn. He turns slowly and sighs. "I'd hate to think we came all this way out here for nothing. This place obviously has some sort of significance..."

He puts his weapons away and takes the crossbow from Shym with a smile and a pat on the smaller man's back.

"So should we have at least a quick look here before we head back? It certainly couldn't hurt."


Male Human Enchanter 1
Cadwyn Tallis wrote:

"Sure, my friend," replies Cadwyn. He turns slowly and sighs. "I'd hate to think we came all this way out here for nothing. This place obviously has some sort of significance..."

He puts his weapons away and takes the crossbow from Shym with a smile and a pat on the smaller man's back.

"So should we have at least a quick look here before we head back? It certainly couldn't hurt."

"...sure." Shym says without any hint of conviction.

"Hey, Elerosse, lets kick around a little while more, just in case."

DM Snake: how long did it take for us to get here by coach?

101 to 150 of 265 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Snake's Intrigue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.