DM Snake's Intrigue


Play-by-Post

51 to 100 of 265 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17
Shym Nykwill wrote:
Elerosse Coamenel wrote:
Shym Nykwill wrote:
Does Elerosse look like his avatar?!?
yes... is that going to be a problem:(

No, of course not...Shym was just surveying his companions, trying to pickout the most melee-ish...you definitely look the scariest to his domesticated senses. Hera looks the toughest though.

As we are lead away, I'd like to try to make a Diplomacy: (1d20+4=14)

So good gentlemen, you say we were observed at the scene of the murder? As my companion has asked, who is this witness that saw us but not the deed? He must have been close at hand to have been able to describe us so sufficiently...he therefore must have mentioned that we were on the far side of the bridge from Actar. I'm afraid we have little else we can contribute.

"We don't think you caused the murder!" The guard looks baffled, he is new at this job. "We only want you for questioning! And who told us of you is not your concern! Just come with us!"


female human ranger/1

Hera looks relieved that she is not suspected, and follows the guard. "Where are you taking us?" she askes


F Smurfold Twitterer 7

"Thats none of your business."
Okay, were gonna have to take a break while I search for a new guy...


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

They're taken to a tall (though not as tall as the Actar)building, with very angry looking gargoyles glaring at them. They are led up some stairs, to a balding man, who looks as angry as the statues on his headquarters.
"Hello, I am Captain of the Watch, and we've brought you here for questioning. First: do, or do you not, deny that you saw the crime, but neglected to report it?"


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

Everyone notices a confused human with a long sword in the same room.
For Cadwyn:

Spoiler:
He has been in the city only a few days, and already trouble. Someone--he doesn't know who--claims they saw him up there on the bridge. Cadwyn was, but he didn't see anyone but this group who could have reported him. Also, he didn't see any murder (though of course he heard of it)


Male Human Fighter 1

"My good man," the confused looking human says, "we have already been over this. I was on the bridge but saw nothing like you have described. Had I seen such an event occur, I would have done something to try and stop it or, failing that, report it immediately."

He notices the other group that has been led in.

"I did see these people there as well, but I certainly didn't see them doing anything wrong. They, as myself, seem to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time."

He nods in greeting to those who have just entered.


Male Elf Scout 1

Elerosse replies right after the man with the long sword, "It is true sir, we were at the bridge at the wrong time and saw the murder. I couldn't believe it, why would someone do that." Elerosse nods his head, "That is how it went, sir."


female human ranger/1

Hera speaks after Elerosse. "They are telling the truth. We were just innocent bystanders." She looks at the balding man with her most innocent face, as if trying to will him into believing them.


male Human Spirit Shaman

Xaephon tries his best to disappear within the party ranks and let his more outspoken friends handle the infuriated watch captain.


Male Human Enchanter 1

"From a considereable distance I too saw the events."


Male Human Fighter 1

"See?" the man with the sword remarks to the guard. "These fine folks can attest to the fact that I did nothing wrong. Though no man calls Cadwyn a liar, it is always good to have someone who can vouch for me." He turns his attention to the gathered group.

"You are vouching for me, are you not?"

The man wears a blue tabard with a golden falcon on the front over a chain shirt. He has a shield strapped to his back and wears a longsword at his side, as comfortably as an old pair of shoes. His long blonde hair is pulled back into a pony tail.


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

"Perhaps..." He says, looking skeptical, "none of you committed the murder, but the fact that you did not report what you saw immediately is simply shameful."
Diplomacy checks, please


Male Human Fighter 1

Diplomacy check 1d20+3=17

"Again, sir," Cadwyn continues, "though I appreciate the thoroughness of your investigation, and it does make me feel safe to be here in your city, I will repeat that I saw nothing out of the ordinary save these strangers, and they committed no crime greater than standing and speaking while enjoying the view from the bridge. Whether or not they noticed anything is another matter, but I pledge that I was not involved with anything illegal, nor were these folks at the time I observed them."

Cadwyn gives his best smile, and does his best with his body language to convey that he is, in fact, telling the truth.


Male Human Enchanter 1

Diplomacy: (1d20+4=9)

Shym does not relish the idea of being questioned as to why he was out so late...he looks down at the floor, very much wishing his crossbow didn't feel like an anchor.


Male Elf Scout 1

Diplomacy:1d20=4 Elerosse lowers his head looking toward the ground, and stops talking


male Human Spirit Shaman

Which is the greater shame our lack of reporting or your lack of presence Xaephon silently whispers to himself.

1d20+1-> [6,1] = (7)


female human ranger/1

Hera starts to speak, but forgets what she was about to say, and stops.

Diplomacy check 1d20+3=4
Gaah! What is with this? I rolled a natural 1


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17
Cadwyn Tallis wrote:

Diplomacy check 1d20+3=17

"Again, sir," Cadwyn continues, "though I appreciate the thoroughness of your investigation, and it does make me feel safe to be here in your city, I will repeat that I saw nothing out of the ordinary save these strangers, and they committed no crime greater than standing and speaking while enjoying the view from the bridge. Whether or not they noticed anything is another matter, but I pledge that I was not involved with anything illegal, nor were these folks at the time I observed them."

Cadwyn gives his best smile, and does his best with his body language to convey that he is, in fact, telling the truth.

Ironic, isn't it, that the captain likes the fighter best?

The Captain relents. "Alright." He says. "I believe you. But is there anything else I should know?"


Male Human Enchanter 1
DM Snake wrote:
The Captain relents. "Alright." He says. "I believe you. But is there anything else I should know?"

Shym does not say anything, but looks to the brave looking fighter. He tries to convey a sense of urgency.

Being Chaotic Good Shym does not want to cause any trouble but he has his best interestes put first - namely getting to go on an adventure!


Male Human Fighter 1

Cadwyn meets the eye of the stranger, and gives a slight nod.

"I've nothing else to add, sir," replies Cadwyn to the watch captain. "and unless these folks have something to add, we'd all best be on our way so you can continue with this investigation. There is no doubt in my mind you will find the coward responsible and bring him to swift justice."


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

"Well, very well. But is there any service I can render?"
Remember, it will be tough to get to Lopinsand on your own.


Male Human Enchanter 1
DM Snake wrote:

"Well, very well. But is there any service I can render?"

Remember, it will be tough to get to Lopinsand on your own.

Does any of us know that? Shym might suggest when away from the city guard that everyone pools their money and pays a sage or someone to gives them some intelligence on Lopinsand.


Male Human Fighter 1

Cadwyn is not even aware at this point that an expedition is being mounted! :) He is just glad to not be in trouble.


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17
Shym Nykwill wrote:
DM Snake wrote:

"Well, very well. But is there any service I can render?"

Remember, it will be tough to get to Lopinsand on your own.
Does any of us know that? Shym might suggest when away from the city guard that everyone pools their money and pays a sage or someone to gives them some intelligence on Lopinsand.

Everyone who made the Knowledge (geography) or Knowledge (local) check knew it, and we'll assume they told the others.

Sovereign Court

male second place epic conservative
DM Snake wrote:

"Well, very well. But is there any service I can render?"

Remember, it will be tough to get to Lopinsand on your own.

OK, can you help me out and throw some metagame info at me? What do the characters know about "it will be tough to get to Lopinsand on your own"? Is it just really far away? Are we supposed to hope the guards will help us? Is anyone Lawful enough in the party to believe we would get that kind of help from the government?


Male Elf Scout 1
DM Snake wrote:

"Well, very well. But is there any service I can render?"

Remember, it will be tough to get to Lopinsand on your own.

Elerosse nods his head, "It does look like we will need help on the journey to Lopinsand, I hear that scorpions roam the desert, so if we could get help getting though the desert, we would be very gratful sir." Elerosse looks at the Captain waiting for a reply.


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

He looks surprised. "Lopinsand? Well, if you'd asked anyone else about that, they would have refused. It's certainly a land of superstition. Luckily for you, I'm not of that type. You will be escorted to Lopinsand!"


Male Human Fighter 1

Assuming I can make the checks untrained...

Knowledge local 1d20+1=6

Knowledge geography 1d20+1=11

"Lopinsand, you say?" Cadwyn says inquisitively. "I am not familiar with this place. What business have you there, if I may be so bold to ask?"


Male Human Enchanter 1
DM Snake wrote:
He looks surprised. "Lopinsand? Well, if you'd asked anyone else about that, they would have refused. It's certainly a land of superstition. Luckily for you, I'm not of that type. You will be escorted to Lopinsand!"

Shym raises one eyebrow.

"And why would you be so willing to help us, my good sir?"

To Cadwyn: "I am not sure, and for that reason, we might be interested in hiring you to accompany us. You look like you are adept at wielding a sword?"


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17
Shym Nykwill wrote:
"And why would you be so willing to help us, my good sir?"

"Because you folk need help, and I've a feeling that it'll help with the case. You've got my full support."


female human ranger/1
DM Snake wrote:
"Because you folk need help, and I've a feeling that it'll help with the case. You've got my full support."

"Let's begin our trip then." Says Hera, eager to start.


male Human Spirit Shaman

I hope current events aren’t a reflection of what circumstances are normally like in Ravendrawk captain, otherwise you have my sympathies. Then again maybe civilization does this to people.

Your are right we do need help. Even if we did know the way I would appreciate your accompaniment for I think the murder has taken a dislike to me as I saw him quite well despite the dark and he knows it.


male Human Spirit Shaman

When the captain’s attention is else where Xaephon cast Shym a look to let him know that he still has misgiving about the watchs role and the captain’s intentions as well.


male Human Spirit Shaman

To Cadwyn. It was the last words of the man we witnessed die. He manage to say is name as he plunge from Actar the to his death in the river. We are not sure his intent but unanimously we unspokenly have decided to travel there and investigate.


Male Human Enchanter 1

Nodding to Xaephon, Shym says "Aye, and I suspect there was sorcery involved. How else could all have heard the utternace at such a distance?" To Cadwyn Shym adds "Sir, what say you? Will you join us?"


Male Elf Scout 1

Elerosse looks at everyone in slients,steping back and waits till they depart to the destination, he whisphers to himself, "Well Grandfather, you were right, lets just hope that more of your wisdom will help on the way."


Male Human Fighter 1

"An interesting proposition, to be sure," Cadwyn replies thoughtfully. "I might be interested. There may be much more to this simple murder than meets the eye. I'm sure any aid we give to the watch will be appreciated."

Cadwyn spreads his hands and smiles to the newcomers.

"I believe I accept.

To the guard.

"So what now, sir?"


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

He's not a guard, he's a captain.
The captain stands up straight. "I will take you, in my own personal carriage, to Lopinsand!"
Is there anything else you guys want to do, or can we set out?


Male Human Fighter 1
DM Snake wrote:


Is there anything else you guys want to do, or can we set out?

Everything Cadwyn owns he's got with him. He's ready to go!


female human ranger/1

I agree. Lets go!


Male Human Enchanter 1

No way...Shym wants to get his cain afterall. But he doesn't want anyone to know where he lives. If everyone else is ready to leave straight away, Shym just sighs and agrees. If anyone else has any last minute business, Shym asked to be dropped off a block from his father's estate. He run over, grab his cain, and then run back. Either way is fine.


Male Human Fighter 1

"For an expedition of this type, are we well equipped to meet any challenges that may come our way? I am not familiar with this region, and other than that which you see on my person...well, obviously I'm not prepared for a voyage. If anyone could help me supply myself or point me in the direction of someone who could, I would appreciate it."

By the way, do I have any money to my name? I never asked...


Male Human Enchanter 1

To Cadwyn Tallis: "I have 5gp I can front you...but maybe an even cut of any findings would be more agreeable?"


Male Human Fighter 1
Shym Nykwill wrote:
To Cadwyn Tallis: "I have 5gp I can front you...but maybe an even cut of any findings would be more agreeable?"

To Shym"You are too kind," Cadwyn replies. "If no provisions are needed, a fair share of any profits from this venture would be more than agreeable. If I need to be better outfitted to deal with any...ahem...challenges we may face, then a loan might be just the thing."

Cadwyn takes a moment to survey the crew. His eyes pass over each of the newcomers with what first seems a cursory glance. He nods in approval. His years in his family's courtly ventures has given him the ability to size up people quickly, and he seems to be happy with what he sees.

"Honest companions are rarer than diamonds. I hope that I am able to prove my loyalty to you all as I hope to have the favor returned."

Cadwyn bows slightly.

"So lead the way!"


Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Cool Eyes DM 12, Cool, Blue, Snake-Like Creature With Blue Eyes17

So everybody ready to go?


Male Human Fighter 1

Ready and willing unless anyone gives me an idea of something we need to purchase.


female human ranger/1

I'm ready


Male Elf Scout 1

All set to go


Male Human Enchanter 1
Cadwyn Tallis wrote:
Ready and willing unless anyone gives me an idea of something we need to purchase.

You have rations, rope, light...but no bedroll. ...of course, neither do I. Do you want to run by the store on our way out of town?


male Human Spirit Shaman

I am ready to go as well

51 to 100 of 265 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Snake's Intrigue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.