Pathfinder 1


Customer Service

1 to 50 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

OK I checked my subscriptions to see if my issue of Pathfinder 1 had shipped and it isn't listed. It did list Pathfinder 2 as shipping Sept 2007, but there is nothing about Pathfinder 1. Is this an oversight or do I have to do some form of arcane ritual to get Issue #1?

Now where am I going to find goats blood and silver powder at this time of day?

The Exchange

I don't think it has posted. The precise day has been shrouded in secrecy, but should be soonish. But I have no particular expection that it will post today.

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

Aubrey the Malformed wrote:
I don't think it has posted. The precise day has been shrouded in secrecy, but should be soonish. But I have no particular expection that it will post today.

Objection!

The guy in charge of sales, the very same drunken master of fisticuffs, said that it was going on sale on the 29th.

... Though, it might be different for subscribers.


Aubrey the Malformed wrote:
I don't think it has posted. The precise day has been shrouded in secrecy, but should be soonish. But I have no particular expection that it will post today.

I believe it's shipping today to subscribers, based on this email from Paizo on Thursday.

If you'd like to become a Pathfinder Charter Subscriber, you must sign up for an ongoing month-to-month subscription before August 13th, when the first subscriber copies will go out.

Don't know why everyone on these boards seems so confused about the date.

Rez

Dark Archive RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

Chris Manos wrote:

OK I checked my subscriptions to see if my issue of Pathfinder 1 had shipped and it isn't listed. It did list Pathfinder 2 as shipping Sept 2007, but there is nothing about Pathfinder 1. Is this an oversight or do I have to do some form of arcane ritual to get Issue #1?

Now where am I going to find goats blood and silver powder at this time of day?

Yeah, me too. Like what kind of voodoo does it take?

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

There's a bug in our subscription display code. I don't have time to fix it right now, so I've added a note to the My Subscriptions page.

If you have a Pathfinder subscription, you will receive Volume 1. If you have a GameMastery Modules subscription, the next module to ship is D2.


Just out of general curiousity did Pathfinder #1 ship yet? I want to see if I want to have it as a back up in case the homebrew bombs.

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

Pathfinder #1 should ship this week if everything goes smoothly. (I still have to rewrite our PDF watermarker and create the print-a-half-mile-of-postage code.)


Thanks for all the hard work! I'm really psyched about the first book, and the PDF is sure to make it that much sweeter.


Gary Teter wrote:
Pathfinder #1 should ship this week if everything goes smoothly.

But I assume the "Charter Subscriber" and Player's Guide offer is now off the table, even though you're not shipping today?

I didn't find out about the offer until today when I reviewed some old email and catching up with the boards after being buried with work for two weeks.

Rez

Paizo Employee Sales Associate

Rezdave wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
Pathfinder #1 should ship this week if everything goes smoothly.

But I assume the "Charter Subscriber" and Player's Guide offer is now off the table, even though you're not shipping today?

I didn't find out about the offer until today when I reviewed some old email and catching up with the boards after being buried with work for two weeks.

Rez

That is correct. The deadline to get the "Charter Subscriber" tag and the free printed copy of the Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide has passed. However, your can still get a cool "Pathfinder Subscriber" tag and download the free PDF of the Player's Guide. The Player's Guide is also available for purchase at that link.

Thanks,
cos


Well peeps; let us know if you get it as I havent gotten one either...


Gary Teter wrote:

There's a bug in our subscription display code. I don't have time to fix it right now, so I've added a note to the My Subscriptions page.

If you have a Pathfinder subscription, you will receive Volume 1. If you have a GameMastery Modules subscription, the next module to ship is D2.

Thanks for the answer Gary!

Dark Archive

Looking forward to the first issue and all issues afterwards. Keep up the great work.


I know you guys are slammed, but I still have not gotten my Pathfinder book, nor received the pdf. Do I need more patience, or should I have these things? Thanks!


Check "My Downloads" under the "My Account" link at the top of the page. PDF released yesterday.


Yup - checked just before I posted here, and I have both the Gamemastery Modules as expected, but no Pathfinder.

Now I'm bummed.

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

JwT, you have your Pathfinder and GameMastery Modules going to two different addresses, so they didn't get combined into the first wave of labels. Contact customer service if you'd like to change the shipping addresses so they can get combined.


has anyone recieved a pathfinder yet?


Gary Teter wrote:
JwT, you have your Pathfinder and GameMastery Modules going to two different addresses, so they didn't get combined into the first wave of labels. Contact customer service if you'd like to change the shipping addresses so they can get combined.

K - will do. Any word on the PDF?

Sovereign Court

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I know that delivery of PF #1 and the current GMM issue will take some time. But shouldn't we get an e-mail information with download links as soon as the issues are sent?

Unfortunately I didn't get any such information so far.
Apparently the physical issues are sent, though. And some subscribers claim to already have received a download link for PF 1.

Do european subscribers get later access to the PF downloads than american subscribers?

I rechecked my e-mail account multiple times. I didn't receive any such e-mail from you.

Could you please tell me when I get this e-mail of yours?
Thank you for your effort!

Greetings,
Günther

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

This is what Vic Wertz wrote in another thread:

Vic Wertz wrote:

We believe we've got all of the bugs worked out of the system, and fulfillment is proceeding as quickly as possible.

Fulfillment is broken into two categories: domestic and international.

Domestic shipping began with UPS shipments (of which there were only a few dozen). Then we went to folks who have charter Pathfinder subscriptions shipping with GameMastery Modules subscriptions—they're getting Pathfinder 1, Player's Guides, and Module D2. Right now, we're working on the biggest group, which is charter subscribers without Modules subscriptions—so folks who are getting Pathfinder 1 and the Player's Guide. After that, we'll do the folks who chose Pathfinder as their transition option, but haven't yet signed up for ongoing subscriptions—they're getting only Pathfinder 1. In each group, shipments are sorted by zone, with the ones that have to travel the furthest going out first. The whole process, we estimate, will take around 13 hours of printing, so it won't be finished tonight.

International shipments (including APO/FPO addresses) are a little trickier. While domestically, we can just print up a bunch of postage labels simultaneously, and then stick them on prepacked envelopes, international shipments all require customs forms, so we have to drop them into our standard fulfillment pipeline, which isn't as fast. So those will probably spread out over a few days as well.

We're expecting to learn from this, and will probably have some refinements for volume 2, but that's how it's working for volume 1.


WormysQueue wrote:

This is what Vic Wertz wrote in another thread:

Vic Wertz wrote:

We believe we've got all of the bugs worked out of the system, and fulfillment is proceeding as quickly as possible.

Fulfillment is broken into two categories: domestic and international.

Domestic shipping began with UPS shipments (of which there were only a few dozen). Then we went to folks who have charter Pathfinder subscriptions shipping with GameMastery Modules subscriptions—they're getting Pathfinder 1, Player's Guides, and Module D2. Right now, we're working on the biggest group, which is charter subscribers without Modules subscriptions—so folks who are getting Pathfinder 1 and the Player's Guide. After that, we'll do the folks who chose Pathfinder as their transition option, but haven't yet signed up for ongoing subscriptions—they're getting only Pathfinder 1. In each group, shipments are sorted by zone, with the ones that have to travel the furthest going out first. The whole process, we estimate, will take around 13 hours of printing, so it won't be finished tonight.

International shipments (including APO/FPO addresses) are a little trickier. While domestically, we can just print up a bunch of postage labels simultaneously, and then stick them on prepacked envelopes, international shipments all require customs forms, so we have to drop them into our standard fulfillment pipeline, which isn't as fast. So those will probably spread out over a few days as well.

We're expecting to learn from this, and will probably have some refinements for volume 2, but that's how it's working for volume 1.

:-( I'm in the last category (International)

Dark Archive

Same. This is starting to get on my nerves. *grins insanely* Perhaps I should...kill...these people and...take their Pathfinders!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Don't feel too badly. I got the infamous e-mail telling me that my charter subscription issue is shipping along with the download link for the PDF. Except that the link doesn't work. It just takes me to the catalog page. Nothing like getting nothing wrapped in the promise of something to add excitement and disappointment to your day.

Here's hoping the link is fixed before they start sending those e-mails out to the rest of you and before we actually have the hard copies in hand.

Paizo Employee Sales Associate

The Wandering Bard wrote:
Same. This is starting to get on my nerves. *grins insanely* Perhaps I should...kill...these people and...take their Pathfinders!

: (

Now, Bard... What have we told you about murdering people? Remember? That's right: It's very baaaaad.

Don't worry, we will get your Pathfinder out to you as soon as possible!

Paul Wilson wrote:

Don't feel too badly. I got the infamous e-mail telling me that my charter subscription issue is shipping along with the download link for the PDF. Except that the link doesn't work. It just takes me to the catalog page. Nothing like getting nothing wrapped in the promise of something to add excitement and disappointment to your day.

Here's hoping the link is fixed before they start sending those e-mails out to the rest of you and before we actually have the hard copies in hand.

Paul,

Your PDF should be available already. If you do not see it in the My Downloads section of your Paizo account, then there is something wrong. If this is the case, please send me an email to customer.service@paizo.com that includes the mailing address of your Pathfinder subscription, so we can figure out what went wrong.

Thanks,
cos


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Well, the download page says that it's there for download, but the link that says "2. Download this file" is green and isn't a hotkey, so no download. Both the picture of the product and the name below the picture take me to the Blog.

I did send an e-mail to customer service as well.


So am I the only one who got the PDF download?

If so, I just have to say that this book is amazing. Without spoiling anything, I can see the experience of creating Adventure Paths is going to pay off in this series.

I do have a minor nit to pick, however. I was comparing the pregenerated characters from D0 with the pregenerated characters from Burnt Offerings, and I noticed a possible typo:

The Seoni in Hollow's Last Hope has Skill Focus (Concentration), which pushes her Concentration bonus to +8. However, the Seoni in Burnt Offerings swaps Skill Focus (Concentration) with Spell Focus (Evocation) so she can qualify for the Varisian Tattoo feat, but her Concentration bonus is still +8. Shouldn't it be +5 now?

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Paul Wilson wrote:

Well, the download page says that it's there for download, but the link that says "2. Download this file" is green and isn't a hotkey, so no download. Both the picture of the product and the name below the picture take me to the Blog.

I did send an e-mail to customer service as well.

There should be an option to personalize the file. You need to do that first then after a few moments reload the page and download.


Here's a twist I may have missed from other threads : What if I bought an ongoing subscription AFTER August 13th? Would I still be eligible for the PDF or would I just have to wait until I receive the printed copy?

-Marco

Paizo Employee Sales Associate

Locke1520 wrote:
Paul Wilson wrote:

Well, the download page says that it's there for download, but the link that says "2. Download this file" is green and isn't a hotkey, so no download. Both the picture of the product and the name below the picture take me to the Blog.

I did send an e-mail to customer service as well.

There should be an option to personalize the file. You need to do that first then after a few moments reload the page and download.

What Locke said.

We will be putting some better instructions to that effect on the My downloads page in the coming days.

Jay Elmore wrote:

The Seoni in Hollow's Last Hope has Skill Focus (Concentration), which pushes her Concentration bonus to +8. However, the Seoni in Burnt Offerings swaps Skill Focus (Concentration) with Spell Focus (Evocation) so she can qualify for the Varisian Tattoo feat, but her Concentration bonus is still +8. Shouldn't it be +5 now?

I just asked James Jacobs about this and he said:

"Yup. It's a typo."

So there ya go. Good catch. :)


Cosmo wrote:


Jay Elmore wrote:

The Seoni in Hollow's Last Hope has Skill Focus (Concentration), which pushes her Concentration bonus to +8. However, the Seoni in Burnt Offerings swaps Skill Focus (Concentration) with Spell Focus (Evocation) so she can qualify for the Varisian Tattoo feat, but her Concentration bonus is still +8. Shouldn't it be +5 now?

I just asked James Jacobs about this and he said:

"Yup. It's a typo."

So there ya go. Good catch. :)

Well, I'm not normally so obsessive-compulsive, but I'm trying to create the PCs in PCGen and it took me a while to figure out why the bonuses didn't match up.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Marcon wrote:
Here's a twist I may have missed from other threads : What if I bought an ongoing subscription AFTER August 13th? Would I still be eligible for the PDF or would I just have to wait until I receive the printed copy?

You'll still get the PDF, when your copy ships.

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

I guess I'm in the international boat. Hope we didn't hammer the credit card too hard on holiday - or would I already have had a message if that was so?

Sorry - I'll be patient, I know you guys have done all you can!

The Exchange

Can I ask why International shipping wasn't done first as it is likely to take longer for various of our hard copies to show up than it is for the domestic customers?

Dark Archive

Mark Peyton wrote:
Can I ask why International shipping wasn't done first as it is likely to take longer for various of our hard copies to show up than it is for the domestic customers?

Customs problem, that means that every copy has to be labeled and packaged one at a time (instaed of being a more or less automated matter).

Also that means that your VISA (or else) can't be charged until the whole thing is ready to ship... which translates to international orders taking a whole lot of time to get ready and pdf downloads being available.

PS: still waiting for mine too, mate!


Dear Paizo

please please please email this mythical PDF so that my husband stops whimpering about it... it's been his main topic of 'conversation' for the last three days or so.

Yrs very sincerely
Wife of RPG Addict
London, England


Where can one see that his or her issue shipped? My order history shows Pathfinder 1 and the player's guide as converted subscription by there is no sweet PDF to download in the "My Downloads" section :(...


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens Subscriber
Klapperman wrote:
Where can one see that his or her issue shipped? My order history shows Pathfinder 1 and the player's guide as converted subscription by there is no sweet PDF to download in the "My Downloads" section :(...

Have a look at your "My Account" page, click on "Order History". As long as Pathfinder 1 is shown as "pending", you won´t get a pdf. I don´t have it yet, as well...

Stefan


Stebehil wrote:
Klapperman wrote:
Where can one see that his or her issue shipped? My order history shows Pathfinder 1 and the player's guide as converted subscription by there is no sweet PDF to download in the "My Downloads" section :(...

Have a look at your "My Account" page, click on "Order History". As long as Pathfinder 1 is shown as "pending", you won´t get a pdf. I don´t have it yet, as well...

Stefan

Pathfinder 1 in de "Order History" doesn't even show pending, just the mystery status "Converted Subscription" (which does not appear in the Help/Faq). Well I guess I'll go back to refreshing the page hourly then :)


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens Subscriber
Klapperman wrote:


Pathfinder 1 in de "Order History" doesn't even show pending, just the mystery status "Converted Subscription" (which does not appear in the Help/Faq). Well I guess I'll go back to refreshing the page hourly then :)

Hmm... that sounds like a case for Customer Service, then...

Stefan

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

Nice surprise this morning - not only the pathfinder pdf but also D2 Swords of Sin!

What an awesomely lethal module! Thanks guys!


Klapperman wrote:
Stebehil wrote:
Klapperman wrote:
Where can one see that his or her issue shipped? My order history shows Pathfinder 1 and the player's guide as converted subscription by there is no sweet PDF to download in the "My Downloads" section :(...

Have a look at your "My Account" page, click on "Order History". As long as Pathfinder 1 is shown as "pending", you won�t get a pdf. I don�t have it yet, as well...

Stefan

Pathfinder 1 in de "Order History" doesn't even show pending, just the mystery status "Converted Subscription" (which does not appear in the Help/Faq). Well I guess I'll go back to refreshing the page hourly then :)

Samme problem here!

And it says August 16th as date.

But there is no download available for me too. :(

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

We're still in the process of fulfilling international subscriptions. (We're working on a plan to make sure these happen *a lot* faster next month.)


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Not to rub our International friends' noses in it, but I think I'm having a problem with the PF1 pdf. . .The zip unloads several files. . .did something go wrong, or is this one of those "build-your-own" Pathfinders?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Sublimity wrote:
Not to rub our International friends' noses in it, but I think I'm having a problem with the PF1 pdf. . .The zip unloads several files. . .did something go wrong, or is this one of those "build-your-own" Pathfinders?

This is intentional. Please see this thread for more.


I ordered mine on amazon, but now amazon has moved it to late october shipping. Is this an amazon problem or has the book not been shipped out to them yet?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Amaunator wrote:
I ordered mine on amazon, but now amazon has moved it to late october shipping. Is this an amazon problem or has the book not been shipped out to them yet?

I can't speak for Amazon's schedule, but the retail release date for Pathfinder 1 is August 29; we've already shipped it out to their distributor.


does that mean the subscriber copies are sent to be received at approx. the same date? (29th?)

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

blope wrote:
does that mean the subscriber copies are sent to be received at approx. the same date? (29th?)

We're trying to ship subscriber copies out at pretty much the same time we ship the retail copies to distribution. Since it takes about two weeks for distribution to receive them and turn them around to retailers, we hope that most US subscribers will get their copies before they appear at retail. (It's possible that not all retailers will have the books on the release date, by the way—the gaming industry isn't quite as release-date-oriented as, say, the record industry.)

1 to 50 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Customer Service / Pathfinder 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.