Has anyone heard from Grimcleaver lately?


Off-Topic Discussions

1 to 50 of 51 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

He hasn't posted since late May and I noticed his conspicuous absence.


You know, Daigle and I were just talking about tensor's absence as well, I do hope they're okay.


Hmm. :\ Are we gonna have to do a role call up in here?

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

*Raises his hand*

Present!

Scarab Sages

I think we should. I haven't seen Sebastian chew anyone out in at least a week or two. And I hardly see anything from UltraDan anymore.

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

Ooh! Ooh! I call road trip!


I saw Seb's last post just yesterday.

Ultradan last posted on July 3rd.

Tensor posted seven hours ago.


There are a lot of regulars who I don't see around much any more, people whose posts I enjoyed reading--Waterdhavian Flapjack, ASEO and some others. But then again, I don't check every thread, so I may be missing someone posting.

Scarab Sages

The Jade wrote:

I saw Seb's last post just yesterday.

Ultradan last posted on July 3rd.

Tensor posted seven hours ago.

There are some other vets that I haven't seen in a while. Sexi Golem, F2K, Thanis are some more that come immediately to mind.

Scarab Sages

farewell2kings wrote:
There are a lot of regulars who I don't see around much any more, people whose posts I enjoyed reading--Waterdhavian Flapjack, ASEO and some others. But then again, I don't check every thread, so I may be missing someone posting.

There's F2K -- make a liar out of me. :)


Well, I have heard that Heathansson wants Sharoth to not be heard from again. ~shrugs~ Oh, well. Were-poodles are like that.


Poseur.


Moff Rimmer wrote:
The Jade wrote:

I saw Seb's last post just yesterday.

Ultradan last posted on July 3rd.

Tensor posted seven hours ago.

There are some other vets that I haven't seen in a while. Sexi Golem, F2K, Thanis are some more that come immediately to mind.

F2k posted today (edit: oh, you already knew that) and Sexi posted this last Tuesday.. But you remind me that I've been wondering about a long gone Thanis. I'll drop him a line.

Dark Archive RPG Superstar 2013 Top 32

I'm here. I'm always here. I'm like... the mildew of the messageboards. It takes industrial-strength cleaners to get rid of me and, even when you succeed, it doesn't take long for me to get back.

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

And that's why we love you.

Dark Archive RPG Superstar 2013 Top 32

Daigle wrote:
And that's why we love you.

*sniff* at least someone does....

Hey, so, random note - I think I'm going to be meeting Vattnisse in person tomorrow afternoon! I'm currently making arrangements to meet him at the Fox & Hound and, if all goes well, he may even get to join us for our Friday-night Forgotten Realms game!

(Unfortunately, this is the FR game that recently inflicted an absurd amount of wealth on us and I feel it will not be the best first impression. C'est la vie.)

Liberty's Edge

The Jade wrote:
He hasn't posted since late May and I noticed his conspicuous absence.

No, not for some time. He was involved in a number of pbp games here, and as far as I'm aware didn't let anyone in those games know where he was going and if he'd be back.

I know that the loss of Dungeon and Dragon mags hit him pretty hard, and he'd planned to absense himself from the boards for a while - but I kind of thought he'd bounced back from that to some extent. *shrugs* Maybe not..

Liberty's Edge

Fatespinner wrote:
Daigle wrote:
And that's why we love you.

*sniff* at least someone does....

Hey, so, random note - I think I'm going to be meeting Vattnisse in person tomorrow afternoon! I'm currently making arrangements to meet him at the Fox & Hound and, if all goes well, he may even get to join us for our Friday-night Forgotten Realms game!

(Unfortunately, this is the FR game that recently inflicted an absurd amount of wealth on us and I feel it will not be the best first impression. C'est la vie.)

Hey, cool. I'd love to meet some of my fellow posters, but between a hectic schedule and being on the other side of the world to most of you ... makes it difficult.


Fatespinner wrote:
Hey, so, random note - I think I'm going to be meeting Vattnisse in person tomorrow afternoon! I'm currently making arrangements to meet him at the Fox & Hound and, if all goes well, he may even get to join us for our Friday-night Forgotten Realms game!

Say hi to Big Norse for me.

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

Fatespinner wrote:
Daigle wrote:
And that's why we love you.

*sniff* at least someone does....

Hey, so, random note - I think I'm going to be meeting Vattnisse in person tomorrow afternoon! I'm currently making arrangements to meet him at the Fox & Hound and, if all goes well, he may even get to join us for our Friday-night Forgotten Realms game!

(Unfortunately, this is the FR game that recently inflicted an absurd amount of wealth on us and I feel it will not be the best first impression. C'est la vie.)

For old times sake sit at the bar on the right-hand side.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens Subscriber

Well, while we are at it: I´m back from my vacation in Finland as well.
It was great, btw.

Stefan

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
Stebehil wrote:

Well, while we are at it: I´m back from my vacation in Finland as well.

It was great, btw.

Stefan

w/b Stebehil :)


Stebehil wrote:

Well, while we are at it: I´m back from my vacation in Finland as well.

It was great, btw.

Stefan

I thought Germans always went to Florida to get carjacked or to Mallorca to get skin cancer? Finland? (Just kidding, welcome back!)

The Exchange

Sebsatian at least I know about - he is very busy with work commitments and can't easily find time to post. But he is lurking around, and should be back.

The Exchange

Did anyone ever find Chris Wissel?


Aubrey the Malformed wrote:
Did anyone ever find Chris Wissel?

Yes, the were_cabbages were very concerned about him because he was actually very involved in some projects, including the early stages of the Seeds of Sehan arc. When he "dropped off the face of the Earth" so suddenly and quit communicating with anyone anywhere, we were quite worried.

I actually called (you would call it "rang", Aubrey) Chris' home number in Galveston after 4 months had gone by without a whisper and spoke with his fiance', who said that Chris had experienced a death in the family and was very busy attending graduate school. Chris then came to the boards here and posted one more time, thanking everyone for their concern and then never was heard from again.

I heard that Paizo actually had trouble finding him to get him his checks for all the adventures and Dragon article he had gotten published after all this. It looked like he had a bunch of stuff greenlit and ready for publication prior to his dropping out of communicating with anyone here, but like he suddenly lost all interest in gaming or game writing.

It's very unfortunate, for he sure is talented and a nice guy.

The Exchange

Yeah, his stuff was very good quality and he has a very fine gaming mind. Still, maybe his priorities have changed, but I'd be surprised if he goes away from gaming forever - I've given up for stretches, but here I am.


I have dropped out of gaming for stretches too, but what made Chris' 'drop-out' so unusual that it was like he disappeared "in mid-sentence." One day he was actively e-mailing and commenting with us on the Sehan project and sending us some queries of his for proof-reading and then he just stopped. No "thank you guys, but see you later" or anything.

I recently told the cabbages that I wasn't going to be contributing to a project that I initially wanted to be involved in, because of my real world job responsibilities, but I just didn't "drop out." Chris has every right to just stop talking when he wants, but it shouldn't have come as a surprise to him that people would get worried.

....and...hey! Grimcleaver!!! Where are you?

The Exchange

It is strange - and I agree, I would say why if I was going to give up, especially if I had commitments in-game. I can't speak for Grimcleaver, but certainly a bereavement may have meant that Chris didn't want to speak to anyone about anything.

The Exchange

Oooh, I just noticed - you are now a "Contributor". Congratulations on your recognition.


Thanks!


Aubrey the Malformed wrote:
It is strange - and I agree, I would say why if I was going to give up, especially if I had commitments in-game. I can't speak for Grimcleaver, but certainly a bereavement may have meant that Chris didn't want to speak to anyone about anything.

He said that when he realized he hadn't communicated with anyone for a few months, he felt weird about going back, so he didn't. I felt bad about calling his house and I apologized to his fiance' profusely about the intrusion of privacy, but I explained how worried we were about him and even though we had never met face to face, the level of communication we had with him was very high and friendly, and for it to suddenly stop just raised some alarm bells about his health or a car wreck or whatever.

Liberty's Edge

farewell2kings wrote:
He said that when he realized he hadn't communicated with anyone for a few months, he felt weird about going back, so he didn't. I felt bad about calling his house and I apologized to his fiance' profusely about the intrusion of privacy, but I explained how worried we were about him and even though we had never met face to face, the level of communication we had with him was very high and friendly, and for it to suddenly stop just raised some alarm bells about his health or a car wreck or whatever.

Glad to hear he's okay.


Ok, well I'm not exactly on the same status as Grimcleaver or Sebastian but I'm still around.

I think Mothman is right the Dragon thing hit him hard.

Stil, if your lurking, come back, we miss you.

Elcian


Lady Lena wrote:
You know, Daigle and I were just talking about tensor's absence as well, I do hope they're okay.

Speaking of which, I think her husband is also a poster? maybe he's around? If they are about I wanted to ask what happened to the gamer cafe idea they had?

Elcian


Elcian wrote:
Lady Lena wrote:
You know, Daigle and I were just talking about tensor's absence as well, I do hope they're okay.

Speaking of which, I think her husband is also a poster? maybe he's around? If they are about I wanted to ask what happened to the gamer cafe idea they had?

Elcian

*sigh* I miss our late night sammiches in the chat room.

Once August hits and College starts (I swear I break out into a cold sweat everytime I think about it) I probably won't be able to post as often as I do now, wait, there's computers in the libraries right?

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
Aubrey the Malformed wrote:
Did anyone ever find Chris Wissel?

I spoke with Chris on July 6th and I'll be at his wedding here in Indy in early August. As for why he just dropped out of gaming, I don't really know either. When I talk to him I try not to bug him about it but I'm pretty curious. As for the not calling thing, when they first moved to Texas, they forgot to give all of us their new phone # and address. I remember saying goodbye as we closed the moving truck and getting a 'we'll call when we get there' and not hearing anything for weeks. I was afraid they'd been in an accident along the way. Finally got in contact with them after about 3 months and a hurricane hitting their town. As for gaming, I hope he'll come back but I think he may have just needed a break. He's not going to get off so lucky though when they move back to Indy :)


Tell Chris that we miss him, but it's his choice to be a non-communicating non-gamer, of course. I'm glad he's doing well.


Grimcleaver, where are you? (Trying not to threadjack)

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
farewell2kings wrote:
Tell Chris that we miss him, but it's his choice to be a non-communicating non-gamer, of course. I'm glad he's doing well.

Will do. Hopefully I'll have some pics to link from the wedding with his permission of course. : )


Pathfinder Maps Subscriber
Tessius wrote:
He's not going to get off so lucky though when they move back to Indy :)

Cool all us Cabbages have a place to stay for next year's GenCon! Yes, Chris we would like a room (i.e. auditorium) for 30 please....

;)
GGG


Pathfinder Maps Subscriber

As for the other missing folks, remember this is the middle of vacation season for most people.

GGG


farewell2kings wrote:
Stebehil wrote:

Well, while we are at it: I´m back from my vacation in Finland as well.

It was great, btw.

Stefan

I thought Germans always went to Florida to get carjacked or to Mallorca to get skin cancer? Finland? (Just kidding, welcome back!)

Well, German tourists are notorious on going everywhere in the world. Including Finland. Hope you enjoyed it, Stebehil :)

Really, one of the first impressions when coming to Germany was how many travel agencies there seemed to be, and how all the bookstores had excessive amounts of travel guides...

I'm not posting as much as before, but I am definitely still around :)


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens Subscriber
magdalena thiriet wrote:
farewell2kings wrote:
Stebehil wrote:

Well, while we are at it: I´m back from my vacation in Finland as well.

It was great, btw.

Stefan

I thought Germans always went to Florida to get carjacked or to Mallorca to get skin cancer? Finland? (Just kidding, welcome back!)

Well, German tourists are notorious on going everywhere in the world. Including Finland. Hope you enjoyed it, Stebehil :)

Really, one of the first impressions when coming to Germany was how many travel agencies there seemed to be, and how all the bookstores had excessive amounts of travel guides...

I'm not posting as much as before, but I am definitely still around :)

Indeed, german tourists are all over the world. At one time, germans were "travel world champions" - it may be still true. In Finland, there were germans everywhere - an elderly couple in Kuopio asked us if we knew how to operate the ATM - in german! They had heard us speaking german before, I think.

And I enjoyed Finland immensely, thanks for asking. The mosquitoes loved me, as well... Midnight sun at Juhannus is a sight to see, we were at Rovaniemi at that time. This picture shows the bridge in Rovaniemi in a spectacular sunset, but with the midnight sun, it is nearly as fascinating. I made a picture of it.

And I won´t go to Mallorca anytime soon, f2k. I´m no "Ballermann" friend, and I sunburn easily, so I don´t usually go to more southernly countries - at least not in summer... (perhaps in autumn or spring - still warm enough for me. And as my fianceé hates long-distance flights, I doubt we will go to the US anytime soon.

Sorry for threadjacking,

Stefan


Farewell2Kings wrote:

Grimcleaver, where are you? (Trying not to threadjack)

For Christ's sake, try to stay on topic. There has to be a thread somewhere for your pointless ramblings, and this is not it. Read the topic of the thread before you post some gratuitous shout out to somebody.


Hey Bob!


Taliesin Hoyle wrote:
Farewell2Kings wrote:

Grimcleaver, where are you? (Trying not to threadjack)

For Christ's sake, try to stay on topic. There has to be a thread somewhere for your pointless ramblings, and this is not it. Read the topic of the thread before you post some gratuitous shout out to somebody.

Well, considering this thread is about the absence of Grimcleaver, my shout out to Grimcleaver is known as a thread bump...to bring the thread back to the top so that Grimcleaver might see it and reply.

However, I appreciate your advice about the pointless ramblings. I'll try to ensure that my posts on this site remain socially important and ecologically friendly from now on :)


Pathfinder Maps Subscriber
Taliesin Hoyle wrote:

Hey Bob!

First Chris, then Grimcleaver, and now Bob too? Okay everyone buddy up and stay sharp we don't want to loose any more- Hey, where the heck did Hoyle go?

Hoyle? Hoyle?

::begins new thread::
GGG

PS Actually on second thought - not.


Let's discuss a geopolitical approach to conflict reduction and arms de-proliferation. I know it's a gaming site and all, but Hoyle made me feel so guilty about the sheer meaningless drivel of my ramblings, and the utter meaninglessness of my life, so I have some atonement to do.

Although F2K did recently became an avid recycler, in no small fault due the fact that his hometown recently started curbside recycling. Any rumor that F2K's recycling can is half-filled each week with nothing but beer cans is untrue, even though his neighbors overheard F2K declaring "one more round against global warming" at the neighborhood watering hole lately. F2K, inspired by Hoyle, will now begin a serious effort to drink himself back to relevancy and meaning.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
farewell2kings wrote:
Although F2K did recently became an avid recycler, in no small fault due the fact that his hometown recently started curbside recycling.

I'm glad that at least one community is doing something about curbside recycling. It really depresses me seeing all those curbsides just left on the side of the road for days, abandoned without purpose...

1 to 50 of 51 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Has anyone heard from Grimcleaver lately? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.