A lively and friendly competition between colleagues


Dungeon Magazine General Discussion

151 to 200 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Nick, I haven’t received the magazine yet, so in all fairness I’m not ready to vote.

However, I wouldn’t worry too much Pett. Hui brah, dat Pett he no ken write da kine story. Dat haole jus tryin get you all huhu. An he got too much makapiapia anyway. Kden bye.

Contributor

Great Green God wrote:

Why that two-timing so-and-so. Nick, are you cheating on me with another collaborator!?! And don't think I don't know about that 3-Dragon-Ante solitaire game you've been working on!!!

GrrrGrrrGrrr

But what no one knows is that I've been reassigned to a super secret project...

4-Dragon-Ante!!! MUUUUHAAHHAAA! Now your cards will all be obsolete!

Contributor

Eltanin wrote:

Nick, I haven’t received the magazine yet, so in all fairness I’m not ready to vote.

However, I wouldn’t worry too much Pett. Hui brah, dat Pett he no ken write da kine story. Dat haole jus tryin get you all huhu. An he got too much makapiapia anyway. Kden bye.

Eltanin! You stay Honolulu brah? Dat haole, Pett, he da kine hanabata writer, no can compete with us pidgen Bamboo Ridge kine. He small time, manini! Hope you like the adventure brah, bum bai you go vote for Pett! Gotta vote Logue. Local to da max, dat's why! He maybe get more votes now, but not pau yet.

Scarab Sages

Nicolas Logue wrote:
Eltanin! You stay Honolulu brah? Dat haole, Pett, he da kine hanabata writer, no can compete with us pidgen Bamboo Ridge kine. He small time, manini! Hope you like the adventure brah, bum bai you go vote for Pett! Gotta vote Logue. Local to da max, dat's why! He maybe get more votes now, but not pau yet.

That is enough of that language, young man! That does it, the Ninja Turtles are in toy jail until you can ditch the potty mouth!

Althought I have to add, that you wrote a very nice dedication for your little adventure. It was nice that you didn't resort to pulling that sweet little girl's hair to express your affection for her. This time...

Contributor

Gavgoyle wrote:


That is enough of that language, young man! That does it, the Ninja Turtles are in toy jail until you can ditch the potty mouth!

Oh come on Gav, don't you remember when you were six and invented your own language to get attention to yourself....

I'm off to the Praise for Sea Wyvern thread where all the intelligent people have gathered over the ashes of that turgid theatre thingy.

Hoorah, pip skip and a large plate of bread and butter pudding!


Nicolas Logue wrote:


Eltanin! You stay Honolulu brah? Dat haole, Pett, he da kine hanabata writer, no can compete with us pidgen Bamboo Ridge kine. He small time, manini! Hope you like the adventure brah, bum bai you go vote for Pett! Gotta vote Logue. Local to da max, dat's why! He maybe get more votes now, but not pau yet.

I go stay go Honolulu sometime wen da kine boat I work on is there. Wen I stay, garans I get plate lunch grinds. Like loco moco - dat broke da mouth, brah. Next time I F.O.B. I look you up and we go give Pett some dirty lickins, eh brah?

Liberty's Edge

What kinda talkin is that? I likes it.
Talkin bout da kine boat.

Scarab Sages

Heathansson wrote:

What kinda talkin is that? I likes it.

This comes as a surprise to no one, O Prince of Patois.

Liberty's Edge

Gavgoyle wrote:
Heathansson wrote:

What kinda talkin is that? I likes it.

This comes as a surprise to no one, O Prince of Patois.

Ahoy, McGroy...fie upon you and your acrolectic homogeneity.

Contributor

Eltanin wrote:
I look you up and we go give Pett some dirty lickins, eh brah?

Well I beg your pardon but if you did that in public in England you'd be fined five pounds...

Contributor

Eltanin wrote:
Nicolas Logue wrote:


Eltanin! You stay Honolulu brah? Dat haole, Pett, he da kine hanabata writer, no can compete with us pidgen Bamboo Ridge kine. He small time, manini! Hope you like the adventure brah, bum bai you go vote for Pett! Gotta vote Logue. Local to da max, dat's why! He maybe get more votes now, but not pau yet.
I go stay go Honolulu sometime wen da kine boat I work on is there. Wen I stay, garans I get plate lunch grinds. Like loco moco - dat broke da mouth, brah. Next time I F.O.B. I look you up and we go give Pett some dirty lickins, eh brah?

If evar one haole had lickins comin to im...is Pett coz. I mean Prat.

loco moco so ono brah!

Next time you come round, send me one email first: nflogue@hotmail.com. We game for sure.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

As requested, I've fixed Mr. Pett's name. I also noticed that Mr. Louge's name was misspelled (it's spelled just like the "rouge" player class, right?), so I fixed that.

It may take a while before you see the changes.

No need for either of you to thank me. It's all part of Paizo's commitment to helping out our authors when they need help (and man, do these two need help).

-Vic.
.

Liberty's Edge

Fakey check.


Remind me to never never piss off Vic Wertz.

Vic, you're doing a great job! Keep it up!

Contributor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Liberty's Edge

Nicolas Louge wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Said as he took his first test run for the Hawaiian bobsled team.

Contributor

My sides are aching...

Touche' Monsieur Rougue arfarafraf.

Ah, glad to be a pett again...


I just started reading through "Swords of Dragonslake" and found a particular fun quote from Nicolas Logue I wanted to share with you all who haven't had a chance to read this yet. Keep in mind Mr. Logue's theatre ties...

"People of theatre are naturally duplicitous and are masters of hiding their true feelings."

Nic, were you trying to tell us something there?

Seriously though, I will be posting a full review / side-by-side comparison of this adventure shortly. Not surprisingly I would say this is one of the best overall Dungeon Mags I have seen and that is asaying a lot...

Sean Mahoney


Nicolas Louge wrote:
Eltanin wrote:
Nicolas Logue wrote:


Eltanin! You stay Honolulu brah? Dat haole, Pett, he da kine hanabata writer, no can compete with us pidgen Bamboo Ridge kine. He small time, manini! Hope you like the adventure brah, bum bai you go vote for Pett! Gotta vote Logue. Local to da max, dat's why! He maybe get more votes now, but not pau yet.
I go stay go Honolulu sometime wen da kine boat I work on is there. Wen I stay, garans I get plate lunch grinds. Like loco moco - dat broke da mouth, brah. Next time I F.O.B. I look you up and we go give Pett some dirty lickins, eh brah?

If evar one haole had lickins comin to im...is Pett coz. I mean Prat.

loco moco so ono brah!

Next time you come round, send me one email first: nflogue@hotmail.com. We game for sure.

What a coincidence, I live in Hawaii too. Well, actually, stationed in Hawaii at Schofield Barracks. We have a comic book shop inside the PX that has some tables set aside for gaming where we game every Saturday.

Contributor

I'm going to remain a conscientious objector.

Contributor

jasonduke wrote:
Nicolas Louge wrote:
Eltanin wrote:
Nicolas Logue wrote:


Eltanin! You stay Honolulu brah? Dat haole, Pett, he da kine hanabata writer, no can compete with us pidgen Bamboo Ridge kine. He small time, manini! Hope you like the adventure brah, bum bai you go vote for Pett! Gotta vote Logue. Local to da max, dat's why! He maybe get more votes now, but not pau yet.
I go stay go Honolulu sometime wen da kine boat I work on is there. Wen I stay, garans I get plate lunch grinds. Like loco moco - dat broke da mouth, brah. Next time I F.O.B. I look you up and we go give Pett some dirty lickins, eh brah?

If evar one haole had lickins comin to im...is Pett coz. I mean Prat.

loco moco so ono brah!

Next time you come round, send me one email first: nflogue@hotmail.com. We game for sure.

What a coincidence, I live in Hawaii too. Well, actually, stationed in Hawaii at Schofield Barracks. We have a comic book shop inside the PX that has some tables set aside for gaming where we game every Saturday.

That's awesome Jason! Go Hawai'i gamers! There are tons of us by the way for all you mainlanders...no joking probably one in every five people I meet out here get down with the Dungeons and the Dragons...oh yeah!

Do you ever hit the open gaming at "Other Realms" on Monday nights in Ward Warehouse Jason? I try to go sometimes, but recently I've had rehearsals and haven't been able to make it out. We'll have to get a game together of Paizo-heads sometime soon. That would rock! Shoot me an email and we'll see if we can't arrange something.

Contributor

Sean Mahoney wrote:

I just started reading through "Swords of Dragonslake" and found a particular fun quote from Nicolas Logue I wanted to share with you all who haven't had a chance to read this yet. Keep in mind Mr. Logue's theatre ties...

"People of theatre are naturally duplicitous and are masters of hiding their true feelings."

Nic, were you trying to tell us something there?

lol! I forgot about that. Can't wait till my gamer friends in the theatre circles out here get a hold of their copies. There will be hell to pay.

All I'm saying is never never trust an actor...at least not a good one. And, really folks if you have a friend who is a good actor, don't bother lying to them. We always know you're lying. We do it for a living. ;-)


Nicolas Louge wrote:

That's awesome Jason! Go Hawai'i gamers! There are tons of us by the way for all you mainlanders...no joking probably one in every five people I meet out here get down with the Dungeons and the Dragons...oh yeah!

Do you ever hit the open gaming at "Other Realms" on Monday nights in Ward Warehouse Jason? I try to go sometimes, but recently I've had rehearsals and haven't been able to make it out. We'll have to get a game together of Paizo-heads sometime soon. That would rock! Shoot me an email and we'll see if we can't arrange something.

No, I've never heard of "Other Realms" but then again I've only been on the island since February. I'm not sure where Ward Warehouse is -- across the street from the Farmer's Market? The shops next to the parking garage? Anyway, I wasn't aware they have a place for gaming there. I'm a paralegal specialist for the Army's JAG Corp and I work ridiculously long hours, so it would be tough for me to make Monday nights, but not impossible. The weekends work best for me. Still, definitely would like to get together for some gaming so I've sent you an email.


And to think I apologized to you Nick! Obviously I had no idea about this particular thread. How could either of you bring disrepute to these messageboards with your pitiful little contest. I think all this self-agrandizement and chest thumping is truly reprehensible and you should both be ashamed of yourselves.

By the way, my vote's going to you Nick! You're just great!

Contributor

Phil. L wrote:

And to think I apologized to you Nick! Obviously I had no idea about this particular thread. How could either of you bring disrepute to these messageboards with your pitiful little contest. I think all this self-agrandizement and chest thumping is truly reprehensible and you should both be ashamed of yourselves.

By the way, my vote's going to you Nick! You're just great!

Thanks Phil!!!

You rock! WOO-HOOO!

Prat 6, Louge 5,673!!!


On second thought, Richard's adventure is part of Savage Tide. Does everyone know that? It might sway the voting (unless Nick have rigged it) ;-)

Contributor

Phil. L wrote:
On second thought, Richard's adventure is part of Savage Tide. Does everyone know that? It might sway the voting (unless Nick have rigged it) ;-)

Let's keep in mind folks that Rich does have the Savage Tide backing his play, whereas I am on my own with Swords and making my stand, not like some sissy Brit, but like a full on minute-man in George Washington's militia.

I also had far less words to work with. Though I did my best to crest 20,000, James and Co. had to cut it back extensively out of some sort of sense of "fairness" because Rich's "adventure" was part of the path...I think they also felt sorry for him.

Do not let the Savage Tide sway your vote!!!

Liberty's Edge

Could somebody eventually put Sortuva Draggin' Slacker in the Styes?

Contributor

Heathansson wrote:
Could somebody eventually put Sortuva Draggin' Slacker in the Styes?

All kidding aside, I think Swords of Dragonslake would work pretty well in the Styes, you'd have to downplay the "upper crust" atmosphere...and sort of lower the brow of the whole adventure of course. ;-)

Rich can probably answer this better, but you need to wait for him to get his copy of the mag.

From what I understand there is a very loose sequel to Draggin Slacker (which I actually wrote first...funny) coming out soon that is also set in Talantier (which is like Nick's imaginary happy land where crazy artsy folks have all the power). I think it comes out in #143, but it works less well in the Styes than Draggin Slacker does in my opinion.

Stupid Styes. Everybody loves those stinking Styes. I hate's em!!! Why does the Styes have to be soooo cool! Damn you Prat!

Liberty's Edge

Dude, you are seriously a good sport.
I raise my cup to the Lougemeister.


After reading both and tearing myself apart trying to come up with a fair way to choose between the two I am still torn. Once I take into consideration the boost that the Sea Wyvern's Wake gets from being part of the adventure path, I am coming out dead on pretty much with both as they are both extremely good...

It wasn't until I imagined both in play that I was able to make up my mind.

The Sea Wyvern's Wake is an excellent continuation of a series and has a GREAT set of encounters along a necessarily linear progression (a few things can happen out of order and are left up to the DM, but when you are travelling from one place to another is linear really a bad thing?) The PCs will love the new NPCs and the relationships built. There are also more opportunities to interact with Lavinia and the Jade Ravens, in play this will be great but is rightfully left vague in the adventure.

The I looked more at the Swords of Dragonslake and once I decided it would be best to ignore all of Nic's suggested hooks and realized this was all one episode of CSI, I decided it was great. I will start the PCs off with the death of the watch captain guy, perhaps moving a few clues. The PCs will be investigators working for the government to do this. I think my PCs will like being representatives "of the people" far more than trying to steal a copy of a play for a jealous halfling. I will focus very hard on the investigation portion of things.. I think it will be great.

Anyway while I think the Sea Wyvern's Wake is a great adventure and does more than anyone could have asked for with what Prett was given, I think I will have to vote for The Swords of Dragonslake which I will run with a few changes.

I do have some criticisms of Dragonslake though most don't actually go back to Mr. Logue. First was the art, I wasn't very fond of the style overall. Some of the pics were just fine, but others looked like mix between normal Dungeon art and Downer's art or something... just too cartoony. Additionally the map of the city made it look like a small village with jarred with me until I read the stats on the city and decided the map was just off.

The one thing that I didn't like in the adventure was there wasn't a very good way of driving on the adventure, keeping the pressure on, so to speak. The finale is timing related, but unless the PCs make that final leap they don't know it and so aren't going to be pressured. In my hook above I will have them brow beaten by the medieval equivelant of the Sheriff or Commissioner. (Which ironically is probably the town speaker... but that is good as it would involve him more in the story and give them more emotional attachment).

Anyway... the only other comment I would like to make is that both adventures struck me as ones that are VERY easily convertable. As mentioned above, Dragonslake would fit VERY nicely into other cities, like the Styes. It also would make a great d20 Modern adventure with actual police investigation or CSI style science. Sea Wyvern's Wake likewise could be converted to any setting or any genre of game in which the PCs are making a journey, whether that be on a starship or a thunderdome inspired search for gasoline in a post apocolyptic setting.

That adaptability is pretty rare and shows just how good both of these adventures are.

Sean Mahoney


Sean Mahoney wrote:
After reading both and tearing myself apart trying to come up with a fair way to choose between the two I am still torn. Once I take into consideration the boost that the Sea Wyvern's Wake gets from being part of the adventure path, I am coming out dead on pretty much with both as they are both extremely good...

Extremely good is nice. Perfect though, that's next month.

I hope you picked out your mask.
GGG

Contributor

Sean Mahoney wrote:

Anyway while I think the Sea Wyvern's Wake is a great adventure and does more than anyone could have asked for with what Prett was given, I think I will have to vote for The Swords of Dragonslake which I will run with a few changes.

WOO HOO! Draggin Slackin gets another vote!!!

Great idea too by the way Sean, running it very CSI, with the PCs investigating Draxon's death sounds awesome...and yeah, a lot less pretentious than "find the masterpieces!!!" :-)

The Mahoney Vote goes to me Prett.

Prett 5 (the Mahoney Vote is so powerful that is kills one of yours, sorry Rich, I don't make the rules)

Louge 8,765

Things are looking up, but don't pour on the pity for Prett everyone...be fair.


Great Green God wrote:

Extremely good is nice. Perfect though, that's next month.

I hope you picked out your mask.
GGG

And the gaunlet has been thrown...

Seriously though, I look forward to reading it. I am appreciative of all the great work people have been putting out... just love those APs! Though they make the bar higher for the rest of you poor authors!

Sean Mahoney

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Nicolas Louge wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I've been told it's spelled "rogue." Fixed. (As always, it may take a little while before the change is apparent.

-Vic.
.

Contributor

Ahhhhhh...now this I could get used to. :-)

Contributor

Medesha wrote:
I'm going to remain a conscientious objector.

Meds! You can't do this to me! We have actually rolled the bones together, or did you forget that already! I mean we have sat at the same table and savored the gaming flavor of a James Jacobs original together and now you're gonna turn your back on me!!!

You can't do that. Seriously. Vote Draggin Slacker.

Liberty's Edge

Nicolas Rogue wrote:
Medesha wrote:
I'm going to remain a conscientious objector.

Meds! You can't do this to me! We have actually rolled the bones together, or did you forget that already! I mean we have sat at the same table and savored the gaming flavor of a James Jacobs original together and now you're gonna turn your back on me!!!

You can't do that. Seriously. Vote Draggin Slacker.

Mwahahahaha.


Nicolas Rogue wrote:
Ahhhhhh...now this I could get used to. :-)

Heh. As a failed thespian myself, I loved the adventure. Anything that gives bards a chance to shine /and/ uses social skills in an advnture get a thumbs-up in my book.

OTOH, this Pond Dragon Splash adventure was an excellent example of how to run a travel adventure. (Would that make it a travel-Logue?)

I think that my vote will have to go to ... James Jacobs editorial. Sorry guys, but when a guy promises new monsters in every issue, he just hands-down wins. :)

Contributor

Gwydion wrote:
Nicolas Rogue wrote:
Ahhhhhh...now this I could get used to. :-)

Heh. As a failed thespian myself, I loved the adventure. Anything that gives bards a chance to shine /and/ uses social skills in an advnture get a thumbs-up in my book.

OTOH, this Pond Dragon Splash adventure was an excellent example of how to run a travel adventure. (Would that make it a travel-Logue?)

I think that my vote will have to go to ... James Jacobs editorial. Sorry guys, but when a guy promises new monsters in every issue, he just hands-down wins. :)

There is no such thing as a failed thespian my friend. You just haven't made it yet! :-)

Neither have I really for that matter, but I get by. ;-)

What...the editorial! Oh well. That brings the total tally to

Prett 5

Rogue 9,485

Vane 1

James Jacobs 1

I'm still sweatin. I hope I win!!!

Contributor

...sigh...

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

My bad. I've been informed that the writers' correct surnames are "Pett" and "Logue." Fixed. (As always, it make take a little while to see.)

-Vic.
.

Contributor

Awwwww...and I was just getting used to "Rogue." Oh well, at least its nice to finally have my own name ba...what the f$@%!!?

VIC, NOOOOOOOOO! Now I'm losing by several thousand votes!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Contributor

Vic Wertz wrote:

My bad. I've been informed that the writers' correct surnames are "Pett" and "Logue." Fixed. (As always, it make take a little while to see.)

-Vic.
.

Like two snakes, facing each other, but they are one!


Nicolas Pett wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:

My bad. I've been informed that the writers' correct surnames are "Pett" and "Logue." Fixed. (As always, it make take a little while to see.)

-Vic.
.

Like two snakes, facing each other, but they are one!

Yo, Nick Pett!?!

Check your email for directions to the new website courtesy of Lilith. Register and she'll let you in (against Richard and Tim's advice but still...).

GGG

Contributor

Nicolas Pett wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:

My bad. I've been informed that the writers' correct surnames are "Pett" and "Logue." Fixed. (As always, it make take a little while to see.)

-Vic.
.

Like two snakes, facing each other, but they are one!

Nick just went up a peg or 2 in my book. Sneaking in a sweet Conan reference. That's awesome :)

Contributor

Steve Greer wrote:
Nicolas Pett wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:

My bad. I've been informed that the writers' correct surnames are "Pett" and "Logue." Fixed. (As always, it make take a little while to see.)

-Vic.
.

Like two snakes, facing each other, but they are one!
Nick just went up a peg or 2 in my book. Sneaking in a sweet Conan reference. That's awesome :)

Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!!!

Contributor

::Insert snarky comment to provoke Rich here::

C'mon old man, get in the game, you're getting OWNED!!!

Contributor

wait...what the!!!!!!!!

Oh no, this is depressing, now I have no talent:)

Contributor

My wife's maiden name was Norton-Vardy and it was pretty tempting to swap to hers...but not Logue, Rogue, Rouge or any combination.

i......can..............feel..................the...................words.. .........................escaping....................from................my ...............head!.......the.............spelling..............is........ ........going............wrong.......armour.................armor.......... analyze..................naoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

151 to 200 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / Books & Magazines / Dungeon Magazine / General Discussion / A lively and friendly competition between colleagues All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.