A lively and friendly competition between colleagues


Dungeon Magazine General Discussion

51 to 100 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Yeh...listen to your wife. Domestic tranquility and whatnot.
Your father will understand.

Contributor

Jeremy Mcgillan wrote:
The wife has found this thread and so I have to throw my hat in for mr Prett. (I still like your stuff nick but sorry but it's not worth the fight right now).

Jeremy...you are the one man I will make an exception for. Domestic bliss is very very important. You have chosen wisely. Even though Prett is an awful sad little man.

Liberty's Edge

I flicked through my back issues of Dungeon the other night to see what each of the authors in question had actually written (sorry, I dont usually pay that much attention when Im reading or playing the games).

There's some good stuff there! Wish I could write anything even half as good as either of you.

But Im going to have to give my vote to Pett based on past issues, sorry. The Styes, The Devil Box, Prince of Redhand - kills it!

Contributor

Mothman wrote:

I flicked through my back issues of Dungeon the other night to see what each of the authors in question had actually written (sorry, I dont usually pay that much attention when Im reading or playing the games).

There's some good stuff there! Wish I could write anything even half as good as either of you.

But Im going to have to give my vote to Pett based on past issues, sorry. The Styes, The Devil Box, Prince of Redhand - kills it!

Damn! That brings the tally to Pett 3, Logue 487. He's closing fast...

Liberty's Edge

My apologies for voting against you when you stand in such a vulnerable position....

Scarab Sages

Nicolas Logue wrote:
Damn! That brings the tally to Pett 3, Logue 487. He's closing fast...

Did you count the votes of your little dol.. I mean, uh, action figures? With the all-important 'TMNTs and Star Wars merchandising' swing (the Lincoln Log cabin vote if you will), your margin could improve.

Liberty's Edge

Neh...if his action figures can vote, mine can too.
I've got a platoon of stormtroopers ready to rush the ballot box and close down the election.

Contributor

Knock, knock


Ummm... who's there? :P

And I think I'll vote for Mr. Prett as well.

(I can hear Mr. Logue now... *damnit it's 4-Prett and 488-Logue) Or some such. :-)

Contributor

Blimmey, you change internet connections and the bloody child chimes out of nowhere. That was frustrating! But silence is not only golden; it is seldom misquoted as they say. Or something...

Right...to those wonderful people of good taste (especially those lovely friends from America not taken in by the shameless nationalistic rantings of Logue (who, remember, is only 6 years old and lives on an island)) a big thank you and a large bowl of candyfloss.

To those drawn in by Logue's cheap promises of producing his first ever good adventure in dungeon (tish and pish) I can only hope to win you over, and to Logue himself...

damn you sir, damn your breeches, damn your surf-board, damn your inflatable hippo's! How dare you write a cheap adventure based upon theatre where I intended to! How dare you use the adventure to take a cheap swipe at my dear friend and chum Greg Vaughn, whose work I hold in the highest regard and never criticise, and how dare you besmirch the character of her majesty and her poodles. And how dare you confine Theodore Thugwelt’s Theatre of Thespians and the Terrible Pantomimic Tragedy of Dozeneyes the Dreaded and the Dungeon of Doom

or

‘Watch out – that rabbits dynamite!’

To the Dungeon Cutting-room floor!

Have at you - have at you I say!

You...git you.

Huzzah

Rich

Contributor

The_Minstrel_Wyrm wrote:

Ummm... who's there? :P

And I think I'll vote for Mr. Prett as well.

(I can hear Mr. Logue now... *damnit it's 4-Prett and 488-Logue) Or some such. :-)

Hoorah!

Her Majesty 5 v play-time Logue 3!

His self-promotion is scandalous! You wouldn't catch me and the newly installed honorary Englishman Mr Vaughn doing such things - attack Vaughn - attack now! Use the topiary triceratops!

The Exchange

The Rogue Logue is now the Rouge Louge. False Ones, flock to my banner and let the dead's last sounds they hear be the cry of "Pett, Pett, PETT!" My minions and I await your command, Pett!

FH (wow, that was some heavy Petting)

Contributor

Hmmm. I'm sensing this was a bad idea :\
Like walking into a Yankees sports pub wearing a Boston Red Sox jersey kind of bad idea. (or vice versa)

Contributor

Fake Healer wrote:

The Rogue Logue is now the Rouge Louge. False Ones, flock to my banner and let the dead's last sounds they hear be the cry of "Pett, Pett, PETT!" My minions and I await your command, Pett!

FH (wow, that was some heavy Petting)

Unleash the sky-bleeders my faithful friend! Spare no mercy, heed no quarter, spare not their weep of slimy red acid (Su) attack - even if he craves clemency. Then prepare the celestial gas-spore paladins! Have at him, have at him sir, have at him I say! Or...something...

Liberty's Edge

Let the wild rumpus begin!

Contributor

Steve Greer wrote:

Hmmm. I'm sensing this was a bad idea :\

Like walking into a Yankees sports pub wearing a Boston Red Sox jersey kind of bad idea. (or vice versa)

Like going into a 'roper only bar' dressed as a piercer??

Contributor

Heathansson wrote:
Let the wild rumpus begin!

Huzzah!

Liberty's Edge

Richard Pett wrote:


Like going into a 'roper only bar' dressed as a piercer??

Or a grunge rocker.


Richard Pett wrote:
Steve Greer wrote:

Hmmm. I'm sensing this was a bad idea :\

Like walking into a Yankees sports pub wearing a Boston Red Sox jersey kind of bad idea. (or vice versa)
Like going into a 'roper only bar' dressed as a piercer??

More like the Yankees coming to Detroit and then expecting to go to the World Series.

GGG


Heathansson wrote:
Let the wild rumpus begin!

Hey! Watch the language! This is a kid's thread!

GGG

Liberty's Edge

Great Green God wrote:
Heathansson wrote:
Let the wild rumpus begin!

Hey! Watch the language! This is a kid's thread!

GGG

I will not eat Green Gods and ham!

I will not eat them, Sam-I-Am!

Contributor

Richard Pett wrote:
damn your inflatable hippo's!

Lay off the hippos Prett. Let's keep this clean.

Contributor

Fake Healer wrote:

The Rogue Logue is now the Rouge Louge. False Ones, flock to my banner and let the dead's last sounds they hear be the cry of "Pett, Pett, PETT!" My minions and I await your command, Pett!

FH (wow, that was some heavy Petting)

I feel so bad for you Healer. It's gonna suck having to eat your words when you read the issue and realize just how tawdry an attempt at adventure writing Prett has spewed out, and how gripping a drama I have produced.

Do you think your minions will still love you then?!
DO YOU!!!

DO YOU!!!

Well, at least I still have my action figures on my side. They love me...even if you all don't.

::Nick goes back to playing with Bebop, Rocksteady, and the turtles...tears glistening in his 6 year old eyes...feel bad you mean mean people, feel real bad!::


Heathansson wrote:
I've got a platoon of stormtroopers ready to rush the ballot box and close down the election.

Be careful saying that.....

Contributor

Richard Pett wrote:
His self-promotion is scandalous! You wouldn't catch me and the newly installed honorary Englishman Mr Vaughn doing such things - attack Vaughn - attack now! Use the topiary triceratops!

Damn revisionist history!!! GRRRRRR!

Liberty's Edge

farewell2kings wrote:
Heathansson wrote:
I've got a platoon of stormtroopers ready to rush the ballot box and close down the election.
Be careful saying that.....

Sorry. Didn't even occur to me.

I was talking about Star Wars stormtrooper action figures, and the hideous double meaning of what I said didn't even occur to me. Again, I am sorry.

The Exchange

Nicolas Logue wrote:
I feel so bad for you Healer. It's gonna suck having to eat your words when you read the issue and realize just how tawdry an attempt at adventure writing Prett has spewed out, and how gripping a drama I have produced.

I just finished reading BOTH of your submissions and I must say.......Good job Mr. Pett! The Sea Wyvern's Wake is one of the best adventures yet and has firmly entrenched my loyalty to Mr. Pett. Now to Mr. Logue.......Meh. Swords of Dragonslake has all the elements of a good adventure, words(often of a far too pompous vein), a plot(a commentary on the societal elite from a perspective that reeks of too much "silver spoon" which explains the often cumbersome vernacular), and NPCs with motives(of the cellophane variety). It was a fair showing and had a similar effect to Mr. Pett's contribution.......firmly entrenching my loyalty to Mr. Pett.

At least you managed to get some cheap shots in on Mr. Pett and Mr. Vaughn through an international publication. I am sure, with time, you too can write on the same high scale as Mr. Pett or even Mr. Vaughn. Don't give up, brilliance is something that some have to work extra hard for. You'll get there.

FH (I did like Swords of Dragonslake, it was my second favorite adventure in this issue behind The Sea Wyvern's Wake.)

Contributor

Fake Healer wrote:

to Mr. Logue.......Meh. Swords of Dragonslake has all the elements of a good adventure, words(often of a far too pompous vein), a plot(a commentary on the societal elite from a perspective that reeks of too much "silver spoon" which explains the often cumbersome vernacular), and NPCs with motives(of the cellophane variety). It was a fair showing and had a similar effect to Mr. Pett's contribution.......firmly entrenching my loyalty to Mr. Pett.

At least you managed to get some cheap shots in on Mr. Pett and Mr. Vaughn through an international publication. I am sure, with time, you too can write on the same high scale as Mr. Pett or even Mr. Vaughn. Don't give up, brilliance is something that some have to work extra hard for. You'll get there.

Dude, what do you expect...I'm six years old. Sheesh, it's like you're expecting Shakespeare or something.

I think you're just embarrased a six year old has a lofty "silver spoon" vocabulary. Just cause you don't understand em, don't mean they ain't good words old man! I invented some of those words myself...me and my action figures! They love me so much, that you (and all those other blind Pett drones out there) don't even matter...I'm still winning this contest by virtue of the TMNT action figure vote my friend. So go on! Curse me all you please! I'll have the last laugh!!!

And it's Mr Prett and Vane, thank you very much, for one who claims to be such a staunch supporter you could at least get the chap's name right.

Contributor

Fake Healer wrote:


At least you managed to get some cheap shots in on Mr. Pett and Mr. Vaughn

Hey wait! You mean I'm in his adventure too?!

Contributor

As ever Fake Healer sets the high ground with great taste and a very well written thread:)

Liberty's Edge

Richard Pett wrote:
As ever Fake Healer sets the high ground with great taste and a very well written thread:)

That's when you can tell his wife is signed on under his name.

Usually, it's a bunch of puerile drivel.

Contributor

Richard Pett wrote:
Fake Healer wrote:


At least you managed to get some cheap shots in on Mr. Pett and Mr. Vaughn

Hey wait! You mean I'm in his adventure too?!

Hey Rich, I don't mean to make you look like doof on this thread or anything, but do you even realize your name is spelled wrong on all your posts. You spell it "Pett" instead of "Prett." Might wanna change than old man...I think it's confusing people.

Contributor

Heathansson wrote:
Richard Pett wrote:
As ever Fake Healer sets the high ground with great taste and a very well written thread:)

That's when you can tell his wife is signed on under his name.

Usually, it's a bunch of puerile drivel.

Hear Hear!

Contributor

Nicolas Logue wrote:
Richard Pett wrote:
Fake Healer wrote:


At least you managed to get some cheap shots in on Mr. Pett and Mr. Vaughn

Hey wait! You mean I'm in his adventure too?!
Hey Rich, I don't mean to make you look like doof on this thread or anything, but do you even realize your name is spelled wrong on all your posts. You spell it "Pett" instead of "Prett." Might wanna change than old man...I think it's confusing people.

LOGUE!


Gentlemen,

After reading both adventures...I'm choosing the middle path.

PUT ME DOWN FOR GREG VAUGHN!!! :D

JD oot

(Although I must say..."Sea Wyvern's Wake" was pretty awesome. Sorry, Nick.... JD oot again).

Contributor

Fake Healer wrote:
Nicolas Logue wrote:
I feel so bad for you Healer. It's gonna suck having to eat your words when you read the issue and realize just how tawdry an attempt at adventure writing Prett has spewed out, and how gripping a drama I have produced.

I just finished reading BOTH of your submissions and I must say.......

Heath informed me this is an outright lie, he says you don't read that fast. Besides "Dragonslake" is not to be "read" it is to be enjoyed as one would savor a glass of fine wine. You don't just gulp it down FH. Go back and read it properly, not just the first and last sentence of every page and then come here and tell the truth!!! Damn your skimming sir! Damn it!

Actually, now that I think of it, it may not have been Heath, it may have been Donatello or Raphael...

Contributor

Jack Dangers wrote:


Gentlemen,

After reading both adventures...I'm choosing the middle path.

PUT ME DOWN FOR GREG VAUGHN!!! :D

JD oot

(Although I must say..."Sea Wyvern's Wake" was pretty awesome. Sorry, Nick.... JD oot again).

Curses! A vote for Vane is a vote for America though, so I'll take it.

Prett 6, Logue 3,672.

I don't like my odds going into half-time here. Waaaay too close for my comfort.

Contributor

Richard Pett wrote:
LOGUE!

Gee thanks Rich, and I thought you would vote for yourself. Way to be honest, even when your own work is on the line. Right-o old chum!

Prett 6, Logue 3,875

That's better.

Contributor

Actually FH in all seriousness I'm really glad you liked the adventure as it was quite a tricky one to write and do justice to the outline. Had I had the luxury of working this adventure in my own campaign I would have had unlimited words and a very set course to follow to enable lots of potential side plots and political machionations. Of course the journey here must be generic and had that space limit for words which also needed me to introduce a lot of NPCs for coming adventures, a 3000 mile journey and the sargasso area (were mostly they come out at night...). I hope the result however is satisfying for the lovely dungeon chaps and readers.

One thing I do wish I had had more space to do was a big Tamoachan visit although Paizo do have something of that ilk lurking somewhere under all Nick and Vaughn's submissions:)

So thanks for the kind words, a large slice of fruit cake to you, a large slice of roper pie to Nick.

Huzzah 3-2! Her majesties poddles are in the ascendancy!

Rich

Contributor

How come Vaughn has ended up getting a vote?!

Contributor

Damn his untarnished reputation

Contributor

Nicolas Logue wrote:
Richard Pett wrote:
LOGUE!

Gee thanks Rich, and I thought you would vote for yourself. Way to be honest, even when your own work is on the line. Right-o old chum!

Prett 6, Logue 3,875

That's better.

Still failing at 'Math' then...

Contributor

Or 'mathematics' as my dear friend Lord Chumbly Horace Smith-Smith-Smith might say.

Contributor

Jack Dangers wrote:


(Although I must say..."Sea Wyvern's Wake" was pretty awesome. Sorry, Nick.... JD oot again).

Ah yes, but now I see you have excellent taste after all...

Contributor

Richard Pett wrote:

Actually FH in all seriousness I'm really glad you liked the adventure as it was quite a tricky one to write and do justice to the outline. Had I had the luxury of working this adventure in my own campaign I would have had unlimited words and a very set course to follow to enable lots of potential side plots and political machionations. Of course the journey here must be generic and had that space limit for words which also needed me to introduce a lot of NPCs for coming adventures, a 3000 mile journey and the sargasso area (were mostly they come out at night...). I hope the result however is satisfying for the lovely dungeon chaps and readers.

One thing I do wish I had had more space to do was a big Tamoachan visit although Paizo do have something of that ilk lurking somewhere under all Nick and Vaughn's submissions:)

So thanks for the kind words, a large slice of fruit cake to you, a large slice of roper pie to Nick.

Huzzah 3-2! Her majesties poddles are in the ascendancy!

Rich

Hey no fair playing the "thanks for liking my adventure, wish I could have done even more with it card" especially since no one has liked my adventure yet, so I can't even play that damned card. Curse you Pett.

Actually you voted for my adventure so here goes...

In all seriousness thanks Rich, I really wanted to do the golden age of Elizabeth justice with this submission, but as the original manuscript was 19,000 words and was sadly cut to leave a little more room some sort of adventure path nonsense, the theatre scene didn't get the detail it so richly deserved. I'm sure someone has a theatre adventure in the pile there somewhere which does detail it...oh wait...you did, but then James told you to stuff it right? Cause mine was so damn rocking? Sorry about that. Oh well, at least you have "fans" whatever that counts for! And you have their "respect" whatever that means...I mean you have the "love of thousands" or whatever...

::awkward silence::

...not like it hurts me or anything...

::sobs::

IT DOESN'T HURT!

::Nick breaks down and flees, hugging his action figures to his chest.::

Contributor

Richard Pett wrote:
Jack Dangers wrote:


(Although I must say..."Sea Wyvern's Wake" was pretty awesome. Sorry, Nick.... JD oot again).

Ah yes, but now I see you have excellent taste after all...

Rich, he was just apologizing to me for even liking your adventure you git. Get it right. You are shameless, absolutely shameless.

Contributor

I don't recall voting for your adventure, besides I haven't read Vlindarian's Vault yet - you know Dungeon doesn't get to my cave on the moors for weeks...

Contributor

Nicolas Logue wrote:
Richard Pett wrote:
Jack Dangers wrote:


(Although I must say..."Sea Wyvern's Wake" was pretty awesome. Sorry, Nick.... JD oot again).

Ah yes, but now I see you have excellent taste after all...
Rich, he was just apologizing to me for even liking your adventure you git. Get it right. You are shameless, absolutely shameless.

Another vote for the Sex Pistols!

Contributor

Richard Pett wrote:


LOGUE!

Here it is Prett. In your own typed hand. Deny it, go ahead and perjure yourself sir.

The Exchange

Nicolas Logue wrote:

Heath informed me this is an outright lie, he says you don't read that fast. Besides "Dragonslake" is not to be "read" it is to be enjoyed as one would savor a glass of fine wine. You don't just gulp it down FH. Go back and read it properly, not just the first and last sentence of every page and then come here and tell the truth!!! Damn your skimming sir! Damn it!

Actually, now that I think of it, it may not have been Heath, it may have been Donatello or Raphael...

I assure you I have thoroughly read your submission and it is not as if 2nd is anything to be ashamed of...Mr. Pett is a professional after all. I thought you could use the critique at this early age in your "literary" developement (note the way I use brackets to make lite of the use of literary). I suppose a little sugar-coating may be necessary to enable you to swallow down your oft misplaced pride. I didn't notice any mispellings in your adventure (although I assume the editors may have something to do with that) and the way you droned on about the vices of high society seemed to have come from a mild education on the subject. You should be very proud of 2nd(and thankful that Mr. Vaughn didn't have an entree in this issue), and as I stated earlier, with a lot of hard work you could aspire to be almost as good as Mr. Pett. I have alot of confidence in Splinter's ability to teach the ways of wisdom, look to the small rat-dude for inspiration.

Good luck and congrats on the new Thesaurus.

FH (hee-hee)

51 to 100 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / Books & Magazines / Dungeon Magazine / General Discussion / A lively and friendly competition between colleagues All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.