Jim Butcher


Books

451 to 472 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

There is always e-book format. I'm tempted to get the current one in that form.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Alright, now I want a series with Butters as the main protagonist. "Waldo Butters, Jedi Knight" would probably be an appropiate title. :p


magnuskn wrote:
Alright, now I want a series with Butters as the main protagonist. "Waldo Butters, Jedi Knight" would probably be an appropiate title. :p

I don't. Butters' allegiance is questionable and there is no reason he won't turn on Harry.


*Looks at [Spoiler]* ...Not sure I agree with that. XD

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Jim Butcher plays 5E, not Pathfinder.

Clearly, he no longer has any writing talent. :p


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

He did play Pathfinder but it seems he has switched to 5E. Let's see if PF2E can make him switch back.

high G wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
Alright, now I want a series with Butters as the main protagonist. "Waldo Butters, Jedi Knight" would probably be an appropiate title. :p
I don't. Butters' allegiance is questionable and there is no reason he won't turn on Harry.

I disagree wholeheartedly about that. He got over the distrust he had about Harry in Skin Game.


magnuskn wrote:

He did play Pathfinder but it seems he has switched to 5E. Let's see if PF2E can make him switch back.

high G wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
Alright, now I want a series with Butters as the main protagonist. "Waldo Butters, Jedi Knight" would probably be an appropiate title. :p
I don't. Butters' allegiance is questionable and there is no reason he won't turn on Harry.
I disagree wholeheartedly about that. He got over the distrust he had about Harry in Skin Game.

Furthermore, Butters could slip to the dark side. He would make an excellent Necromancer. I don't like him.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
high G wrote:
magnuskn wrote:

He did play Pathfinder but it seems he has switched to 5E. Let's see if PF2E can make him switch back.

high G wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
Alright, now I want a series with Butters as the main protagonist. "Waldo Butters, Jedi Knight" would probably be an appropiate title. :p
I don't. Butters' allegiance is questionable and there is no reason he won't turn on Harry.
I disagree wholeheartedly about that. He got over the distrust he had about Harry in Skin Game.
Furthermore, Butters could slip to the dark side. He would make an excellent Necromancer. I don't like him.

Skin Game spoilers

Spoiler:
He's a Knight of the Cross. Dark side slippage seems unlikely at this point.


magnuskn wrote:
high G wrote:
magnuskn wrote:

He did play Pathfinder but it seems he has switched to 5E. Let's see if PF2E can make him switch back.

high G wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
Alright, now I want a series with Butters as the main protagonist. "Waldo Butters, Jedi Knight" would probably be an appropiate title. :p
I don't. Butters' allegiance is questionable and there is no reason he won't turn on Harry.
I disagree wholeheartedly about that. He got over the distrust he had about Harry in Skin Game.
Furthermore, Butters could slip to the dark side. He would make an excellent Necromancer. I don't like him.

Skin Game spoilers

** spoiler omitted **

Yeah, Butter is not going to slip to the darkside.

It would be like Marcone becoming a Warden

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Black Dougal wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
high G wrote:
magnuskn wrote:

He did play Pathfinder but it seems he has switched to 5E. Let's see if PF2E can make him switch back.

high G wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
Alright, now I want a series with Butters as the main protagonist. "Waldo Butters, Jedi Knight" would probably be an appropiate title. :p
I don't. Butters' allegiance is questionable and there is no reason he won't turn on Harry.
I disagree wholeheartedly about that. He got over the distrust he had about Harry in Skin Game.
Furthermore, Butters could slip to the dark side. He would make an excellent Necromancer. I don't like him.

Skin Game spoilers

** spoiler omitted **

Yeah, Butter is not going to slip to the darkside.

It would be like Marcone becoming a Warden

Given what he has accomplished, I put nothing beyond Marcone.


I don't think Butter's can be a knight of the cross because he's not christian.
So, his appearance as one is an illusion, and hence dark magic.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, Sanya's agnostic, and that doesn't seem to have slowed him down any. XD Nor did it seem to bother Michael or Shiro, who were quite happy to introduce him as a member of their order. And the swords aren't exactly easy to fake - or fool. Whatever the prerequisites for becoming a Knight of the Cross are, being Christian doesn't seem to be among them.


I do not think anyone would be able to fool the power behind the swords^^

And if the books have showed something, that being christian is not nesc. for being a Knight.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
high G wrote:

I don't think Butter's can be a knight of the cross because he's not christian.

So, his appearance as one is an illusion, and hence dark magic.

Yeah, okay. I'm sure God himself and the archangel Uriel got fooled by that wily doctor. That sounds totally likely.


He is clever enough to manage a one man polka band. Surely that's good enough. ;P


Hence the illusion part.


Uh, one of the other Knights is an explicit atheist who, even after taking up the sword, still insists that the Big G is just a really powerful alien.

Amusingly enough, faith itself is completely irrelevant to taking up one of the swords. The real requirement is simply a righteous soul.

(Though Harry also identified a royal blood component to the whole thing - the Carpenter family are descendants of Charlemagne. Wonder is Butters is a descendant of Solomon.)


Butters is Harry's Judas. We'll see if Butcher has the bravery to actually carry out and put into print the plot he has put into motion however.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Okay, at this point you are either just taking the piss or have more unsavory opinions about which I really don't want to discuss. I'm out of this particular discussion about JB.

Sovereign Court

Ok, seriously bad trolling man.


It's the difference between comic books and literature.
We can only wait and see which path Butcher chooses.

I'm 2:1 he goes comic book.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm not sure that "people must betray you or it's not real literature" is a good standard to have. Doubly so when the protagonist is portrayed as a flawed person, rather than some kind of perfect superhuman. It's not inherently bad to learn lessons from betrayal, but when someone's pretty brooding to begin with, it's also okay to have them be inspired by someone acting noble and try to improve as a person in response.

Also, he once rode a [spoiler of awesome scene] into battle. I feel like we passed "comic book" a long time ago.

Later Events:
Besides, we've had plenty of other people betraying Harry, or at least doing things that felt like betrayal, up to and including his own teacher and grandfather with the whole Blackstaff thing. To say nothing of the @#$% Mab does as a matter of habit. Rehashing the same experience over and over probably wouldn't make for good literature, either.

451 to 472 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Books / Jim Butcher All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.