Pathfinder Adventure Path: Abomination Vaults (5e)

Pathfinder Adventure Path: Abomination Vaults (5e)

Add Print Edition $69.99

Add PDF $38.99

Facebook Twitter Email

One of Pathfinder’s most popular and exciting campaigns comes to 5e at last!

When the mysterious Gauntlight, an eerie landlocked lighthouse, glows with baleful light, the people of Otari know something terrible is beginning. Evil stirs in the depths of the Abomination Vaults, a sprawling dungeon where a wicked sorcerer attempted to raise an army of monsters hundreds of years ago. The town's newest heroes must venture into a sprawling dungeon filled with beasts and traps to prevent a spiteful spellcaster from rising again!

This complete compilation of the original Adventure Path campaign has been adapted to the newest version of the world’s oldest RPG. You’ve heard about the quality and depth of Pathfinder campaigns for years—now explore the Abomination Vaults yourself without having to learn a new game system!

Written by: James Jacobs, Vanessa Hoskins, and Stephen Radney-MacFarland.

Content Warning: While Abomination Vaults contains typical Pathfinder action and adventure, it also presents themes of suicide, ableism, body horror, and human experimentation. Before you begin, understand that player consent (including that of the Game Master) is vital to a safe and fun play experience for everyone. You should talk with your players before beginning the adventure and modify descriptions or scenarios as appropriate.

Note: This Abomination Vaults compilation hardcover is not included in the Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscription. Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscribers who preorder Pathfinder Adventure Path: Abomination Vaults will receive a free PDF when their physical copy ships.

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-477-2

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 3 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO2034


See Also:

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

201 to 234 of 234 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Starfinder Superscriber
Quote:

Part of me wonders if moving this to January 2024 is to say this will be Tales of the Valiant compatible instead of 5th edition compatible xD but sad this is delayed but can't wait for this to come out!

CORE's not releasing until April 2024 so that would be odd if true.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

...logged in today to check on the status of my preorder (and long-awaited pre-order pawn discount) only to discover that it's been cancelled by paizo?..

...and since re-solicited for next year?..

...i can understand if the OGL shenanigans earlier this year forced paizo to re-shuffle their plans, but for them to quietly cancel my preorder without even an email notification is not cool at all...

...some authoritative clarification would be appreciated; at the moment i'm not even sure whether i can trust placing another pre-order...

Paizo Employee Director of Sales

8 people marked this as a favorite.
...m... wrote:

...logged in today to check on the status of my preorder (and long-awaited pre-order pawn discount) only to discover that it's been cancelled by paizo?..

...and since re-solicited for next year?..

...i can understand if the OGL shenanigans earlier this year forced paizo to re-shuffle their plans, but for them to quietly cancel my preorder without even an email notification is not cool at all...

...some authoritative clarification would be appreciated; at the moment i'm not even sure whether i can trust placing another pre-order...

Ahoy! I apologize for the order cancellation!

It appears that a number of the AV5E preorders got improperly caught up in a mass cancellation of dead/invalid orders and were quietly and completely wrongly canceled. This included your order.

I have uncanceled your order. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention because finding your order also brought a bunch of others up. Now we can take care of those folks as well! :D

-cosmo


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cosmo wrote:

Ahoy! I apologize for the order cancellation!

It appears that a number of the AV5E preorders got improperly caught up in a mass cancellation of dead/invalid orders and were quietly and completely wrongly canceled. This included your order.

I have uncanceled your order. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention because finding your order also brought a bunch of others up. Now we can take care of those folks as well! :D

-cosmo

...oh that's fantastic!..i appreciate the speedy clarification and remedy...


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Cosmo wrote:

Ahoy! I apologize for the order cancellation!

It appears that a number of the AV5E preorders got improperly caught up in a mass cancellation of dead/invalid orders and were quietly and completely wrongly canceled. This included your order.

I have uncanceled your order. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention because finding your order also brought a bunch of others up. Now we can take care of those folks as well! :D

-cosmo

I had already noticed the cancellation and had renewed my order manually. Now it looks like I have two pre-orders. Any chance I could get the duplicate one cancelled?

Liberty's Edge

Insight wrote:
Cosmo wrote:

Ahoy! I apologize for the order cancellation!

It appears that a number of the AV5E preorders got improperly caught up in a mass cancellation of dead/invalid orders and were quietly and completely wrongly canceled. This included your order.

I have uncanceled your order. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention because finding your order also brought a bunch of others up. Now we can take care of those folks as well! :D

-cosmo

I had already noticed the cancellation and had renewed my order manually. Now it looks like I have two pre-orders. Any chance I could get the duplicate one cancelled?

I think a mail to customer service should do the trick. They are really helpful and nice IME.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Have we learned anything new about the fate of this project?


As far as we know, it remains "in process" and is scheduled for Q1 2024. The January date is likely a placeholder; expect it out at any point between and in January and March.

Paizo Employee Sales & eCommerce Assistant

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Hello!

This product has been bumped to May 2024.

(Sorryyy)


I’m curious if there will be a 5e someone asked if there would be a Player's Guide for the 5e version or will original version work in 5e?


RiverMesa wrote:

While a full-on "Lost Omens for 5e players" primer might be out of the question (and let's face it, with how self-contained this AP is, I imagine it's trivial to transplant the whole affair into a setting like Forgotten Realms or Eberron, though obviously Paizo can't legally tell you how), a 5e conversion of the player's guide would be pretty great, IMHO - backgrounds that hook PCs into the adventure (with a payoff!) are a great thing about Pathfinder APs, so it would be great to showcase that as well, even though AbV is hardly the most idiosyncratic or unusual premise.

(And yes, folks could just grab the existing PF2 player's guide for it since it's so light on mechanics anyway, but that'd still have some friction to it, I feel.)

Have you done the conversion for the beginners box and Trouble in Otari yet?


Mika Hawkins wrote:

Hello!

This product has been bumped to May 2024.

(Sorryyy)

So it's still a go, then?

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Dragonhelm wrote:
Mika Hawkins wrote:

Hello!

This product has been bumped to May 2024.

(Sorryyy)

So it's still a go, then?

In this month's Paizo Live, they had a full section about it (third "action"). :O

Note: The link is timestamped, so will start you right where that section starts.


Thank you!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Looking to purchase the PDF directly instead of within a VTT platform.

Will the PDF purchase include or provide a download link for the maps (and token art for NPCs/monsters) that are VTT-compatible for use in Roll20, FoundryVTT, Owlbear Rodeo, etc.?

Grand Archive

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Duke7 wrote:

Looking to purchase the PDF directly instead of within a VTT platform.

Will the PDF purchase include or provide a download link for the maps (and token art for NPCs/monsters) that are VTT-compatible for use in Roll20, FoundryVTT, Owlbear Rodeo, etc.?

Based on what was in the PF2 version of the book:

There was 2 PDFs, one of the book, and one with maps with a toggle for labels.
The maps are a side view of the different levels, a map of the town, and 1 page for each levels.

The PDFs never come with tokens or other images, most of us uses tools to extract art pieces from the PDFs. Myself, I use TokenTool. (It let you extract any art from PDFs, even if it's not just to make tokens. I prefer full-body tokens in my VTTs so I have never used that APP for it's actual purpose, TBH. xD )


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Elfteiroh wrote:
Duke7 wrote:

Looking to purchase the PDF directly instead of within a VTT platform.

Will the PDF purchase include or provide a download link for the maps (and token art for NPCs/monsters) that are VTT-compatible for use in Roll20, FoundryVTT, Owlbear Rodeo, etc.?

Based on what was in the PF2 version of the book:

There was 2 PDFs, one of the book, and one with maps with a toggle for labels.
The maps are a side view of the different levels, a map of the town, and 1 page for each levels.

The PDFs never come with tokens or other images, most of us uses tools to extract art pieces from the PDFs. Myself, I use TokenTool. (It let you extract any art from PDFs, even if it's not just to make tokens. I prefer full-body tokens in my VTTs so I have never used that APP for it's actual purpose, TBH. xD )

Appreciate the clarification! This'll be my first Paizo TTRPG purchase so I didn't know they usually format their digital products. I prefer to buy system-agnostic digital products for future in-person sessions.

I'm a relatively new GM for DnD 5e (on Roll20) for about a year now and have been wanting to try out Pf2e since playing Path of the Righteous and this Abomination Vaults 5e conversion is going to be a great intro to my players!


Pathfinder Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Has there been any confirmation of whether or not the 5e version will be coming to either foundry or roll20?

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

If not, you can edit a world file from pf2e to dnd5e and it will retain maps, walls, tokens, and journal entries. But monster stats, etc will be empty and need to be populated by hand.


Just out of idle curiosity, will there be a digital version of this on any vtts?just out of idle curiosity, will there be a digital version of this on any vtts?

Grand Archive

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I have not heard of anything being officially said.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is there a dedicated forum for this version of Abomination Vaults? Everywhere I look is for the 2e version, and there's some problems that I feel need to be addressed.

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Will there be a 5e Player's Guide available for this?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

flash_cxxi wrote:
Will there be a 5e Player's Guide available for this?

There will not be; sorry!

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

James Jacobs wrote:
flash_cxxi wrote:
Will there be a 5e Player's Guide available for this?
There will not be; sorry!

Sad Face :(

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Good to see you still with us, flash.


James Jacobs wrote:
flash_cxxi wrote:
Will there be a 5e Player's Guide available for this?
There will not be; sorry!

So the fact that the backgrounds are completely missing from the book are not going to be fixed, even while the table of contents says that backgrounds are included?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I dropped in an explanation in a different thread where this came up but to repeat that here:

We didn't create 5E versions of the backgrounds for Abomination Vaults, and they were never going to appear in the book, primarily due to space constraints. It takes more pages to present this story in 5th edition than it does in Pathfinder, so we already had to expand the size of this book by 30 pages so we had to make some cuts.

We then forgot the important cut in the Table of Contents and neglected to remove the word "backgrounds" from there, so that's just an unfortunate typo at this point.

(I wasn't a significant part of the development of the 5E version of Abomination Vaults because I'm not a 5E developer and don't know the rules well enough to do that in a professional manner, so I made a somewhat uninformed reply earlier in this thread when I assumed that 5E just wasn't compatible with 2nd edition Pathfinder backgrounds and thus that was the reason they weren't included.)

Again, sorry for the miscommunication.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Those backgrounds DO exist in a free-to-download format in the Abomination Vaults Player's Guide, though, so perhaps a GM who's running this 5E version of the campaign and wants to include something like that in their game could grab that player's guide and make the necessary conversions themselves?

Again, not a 5E player/writer/developer here, so I apologize for the miscommunication and misunderstanding, and further if the suggestion for a GM to use the Pathfinder backgrounds to translate to 5E wouldn't work well.


It's fine. This adventures doesn't stand or fall with the backgrounds.

I would like to hear peoples experience with this adventure in 5e. Is it a good conversion - especially monster wise.


Thank you so much for clarifying, James; I apologize that I came off hostile. I had posted about this issue last week and have gotten no responses, so I was feeling very frustrated, but the explanation makes total sense, so I appreciate it.

Honestly, it's not that big of deal; the narrative implications of the backgrounds are what's important, and those can be used without any trouble.

I was hoping to see a feat-esque conversion for the Archetypes of the original, but I'll see if I can figure out something :]

Grand Lodge

LordDakol wrote:

Thank you so much for clarifying, James; I apologize that I came off hostile. I had posted about this issue last week and have gotten no responses, so I was feeling very frustrated, but the explanation makes total sense, so I appreciate it.

Honestly, it's not that big of deal; the narrative implications of the backgrounds are what's important, and those can be used without any trouble.

I was hoping to see a feat-esque conversion for the Archetypes of the original, but I'll see if I can figure out something :]

Archetypes? You don't mean the skill feats that each background gives in the guide?

The problem I'm seeing are all the "lore" skills needing alternatives. I suppose the skill feats would just be the "feature" of the 5e background. Coming up with the equipment will be an interesting task too, but I guess everyone can just take starting wealthy by class.


kevin_video wrote:
LordDakol wrote:

Thank you so much for clarifying, James; I apologize that I came off hostile. I had posted about this issue last week and have gotten no responses, so I was feeling very frustrated, but the explanation makes total sense, so I appreciate it.

Honestly, it's not that big of deal; the narrative implications of the backgrounds are what's important, and those can be used without any trouble.

I was hoping to see a feat-esque conversion for the Archetypes of the original, but I'll see if I can figure out something :]

Archetypes? You don't mean the skill feats that each background gives in the guide?

The problem I'm seeing are all the "lore" skills needing alternatives. I suppose the skill feats would just be the "feature" of the 5e background. Coming up with the equipment will be an interesting task too, but I guess everyone can just take starting wealthy by class.

Oh, no, the Archetypes that are essentially the multiclassing mechanic in 2e? The drow shootist, Eldritch Researcher, and Ghost Hunter.

201 to 234 of 234 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Adventure Path: Abomination Vaults (5e) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.