Pathfinder Lost Omens: Impossible Lands

4.30/5 (based on 11 ratings)
Pathfinder Lost Omens: Impossible Lands
Facebook Twitter Email

Imagine the Impossible!

In a land still scarred by a war between two undying archmages and their respective nations, reality defies the rules binding the rest of the world. Cities crafted by wishes and fields harvested by the walking dead lay in between lands where magic warps and twists with an undefinable will. Explore the history of immortal wizard kings, wield explosive and unusual technology, and channel awe-inspiring legends in a region where the present is still haunted by the past, and echoes of destruction still shudder across the minds and souls of those who brave the Impossible Lands!

Written by: Mariam Ahmad, Saif Ansari, Alexandria Bustion, Basheer Ghouse, Michelle Jones, TJ Kahn, Matt Morris, Dave Nelson, Shiv Ramdas, Mikhail Rekun, Michael Sayre, Tan Shao Han, Ruvaid Virk, Jabari Weathers, and Brian Yaksha.

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-480-2

Available Formats

Pathfinder Lost Omens: Impossible Lands is also available as:

Other Resources: This product is also available on the following platforms:

Fantasy Grounds Virtual Tabletop
Archives of Nethys

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 11 to 20 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9314


See Also:

1 to 5 of 11 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.30/5 (based on 11 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

A good representation of an interesting region

5/5


just here to offset the guy 1- & 2-starring all the PF2E products

5/5


Great book, inconsistent editing

4/5

A longer review was eaten by the website, so this will be a bit shorter than originally planned.

This is a great book, well worth the buy. It has fantastic art and great exposition for all its major areas.

I did find a distracting number of errors throughout however, ranging from simple typos (such as the Alkenstar stat block indicating 93% dwarven population; or the description of Bhopan's Eternal Bloom palace not aligning with the provided map in cardinal directions), missed words in sentences, and confusing inconsistencies (such as the myth of Dongun Hold's "eternal stews" being incompatible with the fact that the city doesn't use fire for cooking for a season every year). Paizo usually has an excellent standard of editing and proofreading, which is what makes these errors all the more glaring.

I also personally do not understand the niche the Vishkanya ancestry is meant to occupy. The others are all great, but I fail to see what really sets the Vishkanya apart aside from "misunderstood", something already readily represented in other player options like the tiefling. They might have had a place as a heritage, but they seem to lack substance as a full ancestry.


Another Fantastic Addition to the Lost Omens Line

5/5

This book is fantastic. It introduces a number of great ancestries, with enough page count to make them rich and exciting options. It describes a number of fantastic adventuring locations with a radically different feel from anything else you'll find in the Inner Sea. It's great at offering inspiration for adventuring ideas; each of the three cities in Nex made me want to run a campaign based in that city.

And the art - I'm not a big art person in general, but the art in this book is AMAZING. Probably the most evocative, imagination-inspiring, and beautiful art I've seen in any Paizo book. (And that's a high bar!)

This book is neck-in-neck with the (phenomenal) Mwangi Expanse book for my favorite book in the Lost Omens line.


5/5


1 to 5 of 11 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
301 to 350 of 523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
CorvusMask wrote:
I personally like playing stuff like 16 wisdom goblin druid though :'D

To be fair you could play a 16 wisdom druid with an ancestry, just don’t use one of your boosts on wisdom

Paizo Employee Developer

24 people marked this as a favorite.
Elfteiroh wrote:
Can ghoran PC still be delicious? It's not a base trait. Maybe an heritage? :thinking:

All ghorans are still delicious, but we ultimately decided that was less of a mechanics thing and more of a flavor thing. Heh heh heh.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Eleanor Ferron wrote:
Elfteiroh wrote:
Can ghoran PC still be delicious? It's not a base trait. Maybe an heritage? :thinking:
All ghorans are still delicious, but we ultimately decided that was less of a mechanics thing and more of a flavor thing. Heh heh heh.

Any chance the old "you taste really bad" ability made it in?

Marketing & Media Manager

12 people marked this as a favorite.
Ezekieru wrote:
RiverMesa wrote:
Hoping for some juicy previews of this this month - I hope there'll be a Paizo Live this month to feature it on, though I wouldn't mind Influencer Preview-Reviews either.

Oh lord, I hope we get a Paizo LIVE this month. LO:IL has gotten next-to-no previews outside of the PaizoCon coverage, and I'm desperate to know anything about what's inside.

At the very least, could we PLEASE get the ability boosts for the new ancestries? I missed getting hyped for new ancestries in the past and speculating based on knowing the ability boosts beforehand.

As the new Director of Marketing, I don’t have the capacity to host Paizo Live (again?) until I hire my Marketing and Media Manager replacement and train both that person and the new Community and Social Media Specialist, who is coming in as a internal promotion. In the interim, I am reallocating the funds to a second season of Pathfinder Heroic Endeavors live-play. I’ve asked the cast to find ways to integrate some of the books released this year, both available now and coming soon, into their play. It will kick off with a pre-recorded Kingmaker one-shot at Roll20 Con, then proceed live every Tuesday night for eight weeks. That will give us some fun in November and December. I have asked for one episode to feature the new ancestry is from Impossible Lands. I want to use episodic live-play to feature new content in 2023, but that hasn’t been budget-approved yet, so not promises. ;)

Once Pazio Live returns I think it needs to be more interactive, feature fewer products, but with more depth. My promotion and the slight expansion of the department allows for some innovation, so if you have any thoughts about what you’d like to see in the future and feel free to DM me. Posting them in this thread would be a bit off-topic.

Adventures Ahead!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Nagaji had so little meat on their bones in 1e lore, but what's there was absolutely fascinating. Getting a better insight into their psychology and seeing what they have for Heritages is super exciting, as is understanding their place in Jalmeray. What causes a Nagaji to leave behind the bonds of family and familiarity, traveling far away from any Naga master? Keen to find out.

Vishkanya are essentially a total blank slate, and I'm curious where they land in terms of culture and history. The Conservatory or Daggermark assassin is the obvious stereotype, but what of the healer, who understands the right dose of a poison can be medicine, or all the Vishkanya who don't obsess over poisons at all?

Ghoran are an awesome, uniquely-Golarion thing, and I'm glad to have them back. Kashrishi sound completely strange in a way that I adore. Vanara aren't for me - I'm not a big primate fan - but maybe this book changes me!

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
willfromamerica wrote:
CorvusMask wrote:
I personally like playing stuff like 16 wisdom goblin druid though :'D
To be fair you could play a 16 wisdom druid with an ancestry, just don’t use one of your boosts on wisdom

Difference is though that if I'm doing it without flaw, I get strong feeling of "But why I'm purposefully avoiding doing the optimal thing?" :'D That's why its more fun with flaws (that and three ability boosts is still fun. Alternate build idea I like is having -1 in stat until you get apex item to upgrade it directly to +4)

I think most notable Vishkanya npc in entire 1e was in war for the crown, but besides that, I'm not sure if there was ever second one in earlier aps?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

There's not really anything wrong with house ruling all ancestries to just do three free boosts and a free flaw. I do it. Works great. Got the idea from Luis Loza's site.

Liberty's Edge

CorvusMask wrote:
willfromamerica wrote:
CorvusMask wrote:
I personally like playing stuff like 16 wisdom goblin druid though :'D
To be fair you could play a 16 wisdom druid with an ancestry, just don’t use one of your boosts on wisdom

Difference is though that if I'm doing it without flaw, I get strong feeling of "But why I'm purposefully avoiding doing the optimal thing?" :'D That's why its more fun with flaws (that and three ability boosts is still fun. Alternate build idea I like is having -1 in stat until you get apex item to upgrade it directly to +4)

I think most notable Vishkanya npc in entire 1e was in war for the crown, but besides that, I'm not sure if there was ever second one in earlier aps?

There is a Vishkanya NPC in Hell's Rebels as well, though her ancestry doesn't play very heavily into her (limited) role in that book :)


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Arcaian wrote:
CorvusMask wrote:
I think most notable Vishkanya npc in entire 1e was in war for the crown, but besides that, I'm not sure if there was ever second one in earlier aps?
There is a Vishkanya NPC in Hell's Rebels as well, though her ancestry doesn't play very heavily into her (limited) role in that book :)

Looking these two up, for anyone curious!

War for the Crown has Kathann Zalar in a supporting role as a talented Lion Blade spy and an ardent supporter of Eutropia, the reformer whose success in that AP was canonized in 2e. She's a devout patriot with a hidden idealistic streak, hoping to see Taldor let go of its human-centric culture (she's the child of Vishkanyan immigrants, but can pass for a Vudran human), and a talented master of disguise. I had no idea Kathann existed - she's fascinating, and I'm excited to see the stories about passing and the immigrant experience she invokes explored in the fantasy genre.

Hell's Rebels features The Gardener, an undead bloodline Sorcerer who apparently left Vudra for the Inner Sea (first Daggermark, then Kintargo) due to her Asmodean faith. She's in the employ of Kintargo's church of Asmodeus (the text implies Gardener is a position at this particular one, but doesn't define its duties much), and sees her primarily tasked with tending to the graveyard statuary. She's got a secret stash of 'exotic hybrids of various poisonous herbs and fungi,' not much of a personality, and exists to be slain in a combat encounter. Physically, she's bright green and scaly.

Interestingly, one who breaks the Vishkanya mold a fair bit (but still leaning on thematically-linked skill with subterfuge), and one who's the poisonous stereotype played completely straight. I can't wait to meet more Vishkanya characters, both in print and from the community!

Dark Archive

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I think Gardener from Hell's Rebels might be related to minor enemy character from Order of the Glyph and Geryon cult from Hell's Vengeance? I remember vaguely that there might be vishkanya(or other) character who is mentioned to have sister (or similar person) who betrayed the cult and run away?

Edit: Ah I remembered right, here is about The Master of Heresy who is psychic:

"An expatriate vishkanya from distant Vudra, the Master of Heresy first came to the Inner Sea region many years ago, searching for his sister after she abandoned their family for the worship of Asmodeus. While the Master of Heresy never found his sister and was thus never able to realize the vengeance he pursued, his own faith shifted to that of Geryon in the process."

(siblings are alike I suppose)


CorvusMask wrote:

I think Gardener from Hell's Rebels might be related to minor enemy character from Order of the Glyph and Geryon cult from Hell's Vengeance? I remember vaguely that there might be vishkanya(or other) character who is mentioned to have sister (or similar person) who betrayed the cult and run away?

Edit: Ah I remembered right, here is about The Master of Heresy who is psychic:

"An expatriate vishkanya from distant Vudra, the Master of Heresy first came to the Inner Sea region many years ago, searching for his sister after she abandoned their family for the worship of Asmodeus. While the Master of Heresy never found his sister and was thus never able to realize the vengeance he pursued, his own faith shifted to that of Geryon in the process."

(siblings are alike I suppose)

Geryon is briefly noted in an old PFS scenario as having a cult in the capital of Nagajor as well. It seems like he might have some sway in the cultures of Nagaji and Vishkanya.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Well to be exact, in this case he is noted to not having returned home due to dual shame of not finding his sister and for having converted to Geryon(superior faith in his opinion), but honestly not surprised if Geryon has some presence in vudra anyway as he was asura rana in this setting.

Sidenote, was able to find Master of Heresy's picture from google


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Shanks wrote:
In the interim, I am reallocating the funds to a second season of Pathfinder Heroic Endeavors live-play. I’ve asked the cast to find ways to integrate some of the books released this year, both available now and coming soon, into their play. It will kick off with a pre-recorded Kingmaker one-shot at Roll20 Con, then proceed live every Tuesday night for eight weeks. That will give us some fun in November and December. I have asked for one episode to feature the new ancestry is from Impossible Lands.

I like this idea in theory, but it will really depend on when that episode comes out. LO:IL is slated to be available to everyone by November 16th, only a month away. And subscribers are expected to get it a good bit sooner, so it can be expected that the rules content will be exposed in full a week or 2 before then.

So while being able to see an ancestry in play beforehand is a really good strategy (I LOVED that aspect from the Secrets of Magic, Band of Bravos, and other Paizo-hosted live plays), having it come out when the book is already public to subscribers might hurt that strategy a LOT.

It is sad to hear we won't get further Paizo Live shows for now, but I am looking forward to what may come.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Geb's easy to get excited for - undead are fun to play and fun to slay, and the nation is uniquely Golarion. Jalmeray has a rich well of untapped South Asian inspirations to draw on, plus high-flying martial arts and a famous spy school. The Mana Wastes are full of mutants, cowboys, mutant cowboys, and steampunk inventors.

It can be easy to forget Nex, as "wizards!" is a fairly familiar theme in the genre. Especially with Blood Lords in progress, Nex feels like the part of the region we know the least about, but what's there is tantalizing. What does the pursuit of knowledge and ambition look like without moral restraint? Incredible cities, beautiful plant-people, alchemically-wrought horrors, demonic cults openly holding state office, all sorts of wonders and terrors.

Part of me imagines a very noir vibe, the secret intrigues of the Arclords and their foes waged through proxy agents in alleys and arcane libraries... I have high hopes for Nex, and can't wait to see what we get.

Liberty's Edge

5 people marked this as a favorite.

I feel Nex can be awesome in a high-magic cyberpunk way.

Also I really look forward to one day playing a Ghoran ghoul. Who's food now ?


The more info I found about the region the more excited I get about this. Nex is very cool to me and the little snippet in the World Guide def left me wishing for more. I'm also running Alkenstar soon so more info there will be very welcome!

Wizard kings in general is a trope I like a lot so getting to dive deeper into it I look forward to and perhaps could lend some inspiration towards a future kingmaker campaign.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Eleanor Ferron wrote:
Elfteiroh wrote:
Can ghoran PC still be delicious? It's not a base trait. Maybe an heritage? :thinking:
All ghorans are still delicious, but we ultimately decided that was less of a mechanics thing and more of a flavor thing. Heh heh heh.

Nice wordplay here! :P

And thanks for that answer, I was not expecting one! :D


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
keftiu wrote:
Arcaian wrote:
CorvusMask wrote:
I think most notable Vishkanya npc in entire 1e was in war for the crown, but besides that, I'm not sure if there was ever second one in earlier aps?
There is a Vishkanya NPC in Hell's Rebels as well, though her ancestry doesn't play very heavily into her (limited) role in that book :)

Looking these two up, for anyone curious!

War for the Crown has Kathann Zalar in a supporting role as a talented Lion Blade spy and an ardent supporter of Eutropia, the reformer whose success in that AP was canonized in 2e. She's a devout patriot with a hidden idealistic streak, hoping to see Taldor let go of its human-centric culture (she's the child of Vishkanyan immigrants, but can pass for a Vudran human), and a talented master of disguise. I had no idea Kathann existed - she's fascinating, and I'm excited to see the stories about passing and the immigrant experience she invokes explored in the fantasy genre.

Hell's Rebels features The Gardener, an undead bloodline Sorcerer who apparently left Vudra for the Inner Sea (first Daggermark, then Kintargo) due to her Asmodean faith. She's in the employ of Kintargo's church of Asmodeus (the text implies Gardener is a position at this particular one, but doesn't define its duties much), and sees her primarily tasked with tending to the graveyard statuary. She's got a secret stash of 'exotic hybrids of various poisonous herbs and fungi,' not much of a personality, and exists to be slain in a combat encounter. Physically, she's bright green and scaly.

Interestingly, one who breaks the Vishkanya mold a fair bit (but still leaning on thematically-linked skill with subterfuge), and one who's the poisonous stereotype played completely straight. I can't wait to meet more Vishkanya characters, both in print and from the community!

Kathaan Zalar is a wonderful character. I've tried run War for the Crown twice but had to stop running before I could really explore her character with the party. If I ever try and run it again, I want to expand on her more than I did previously. But I also think at this point in my life/dming career I would rather play in a political game than run one again.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I still wonder whether I should run War for the Crown in 2e or in 1e...


6 people marked this as a favorite.

2e, unless you want to start crying around level 12 as one of PCs gets their Shikigami Style build with 48d6 damage online while the other PC swings their 1d8+7 longsword.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yeah but does 2e have as many fun stealth and skill options to do non combatless runs in every other book? But would it be too easy in 1e... Aaaaah

Grand Lodge

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I'd assume 2E has even MORE stealth and skill options in the base rules as opposed to having to build characters for that in 1E at the expense of everything else.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

That IS true hmm


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Surely talk of an AP within a different edition that isn’t set in this region can go somewhere else :p


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CorvusMask wrote:
Yeah but does 2e have as many fun stealth and skill options to do non combatless runs in every other book? But would it be too easy in 1e... Aaaaah

It would not be too easy in PF1. Somebody would optimise for Diplomacy and have a +35 skill bonus at level 10, everyonbe else who plays casually would be at +12, good luck challenging the former without making things impossible for the latter or challenging the latter without making things trivial for the former. PF1 skill system falls apart even faster than its combat does.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:

...

It can be easy to forget Nex, as "wizards!" is a fairly familiar theme in the genre. Especially with Blood Lords in progress, Nex feels like the part of the region we know the least about, but what's there is tantalizing. What does the pursuit of knowledge and ambition look like without moral restraint? Incredible cities, beautiful plant-people, alchemically-wrought horrors, demonic cults openly holding state office, all sorts of wonders and terrors.
...

Nex is the area I'm most interested in from this book. Ever since the Character Guide introduced keenspark gnomes and mentioned that they have a large population in Nex I've wanted to build a keenspark character from there.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
CorvusMask wrote:
I still wonder whether I should run War for the Crown in 2e or in 1e...

We'll get back on topic after this, but I just want to say I'm running War for the Crown in 2e right now and it's shaping up to maybe be my favorite adventure path ever.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
willfromamerica wrote:
CorvusMask wrote:
I still wonder whether I should run War for the Crown in 2e or in 1e...
We'll get back on topic after this, but I just want to say I'm running War for the Crown in 2e right now and it's shaping up to maybe be my favorite adventure path ever.

WftC is an absolute triumph. One of the best APs they've ever done. And to get things back on topic: I can very easily see a 1-10 AP set in Nex where the party works for an Arclord against their biggest rival/s. They would never confront the opposing Arclord directly, but their agents are another story. A shades of grey story with a rival party could be tons of fun, especially if they interacted socially when not actively fighting.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

Having had Outlaws of Alkenstar and Blood Lords, Nex is definitely crying out for some urbane arcane mystery - and it's also where we'll get to see the strife between a returned Nex (the man) and Geb (the ghost), barring any truly wild developments in this book.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I really hope we get a Nex vs. Geb AP at some point, eventually.


Hoping to start a LO sub with this book. Hopefully they get it added as a starting option soon!


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I'm looking forward to maybe using the Vanara to bring back a 4e Monk character of mine who was monkey hengyokai-- all of the other components i need are already present, especially ki blast and eventually ki form because he's very much an expy of kid goku from Dragonball. Maybe widen the reference a bit and go for wolf stance, so he can 'Wolf Fang Fist!'

Dark Archive

I feel like I remembering reading we'd get a reprint of the Jalmeri Heavenseeker archetype. Can that be confirmed or denied and is there any info on what changes might come about (e.g., L2 dedication, no need for expert in unarmed strikes, reduced heaven's thunder damage)?


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Red Griffyn wrote:
I feel like I remembering reading we'd get a reprint of the Jalmeri Heavenseeker archetype. Can that be confirmed or denied and is there any info on what changes might come about (e.g., L2 dedication, no need for expert in unarmed strikes, reduced heaven's thunder damage)?

The only confirmed changes are:

Reduced Heaven's Thunder effectiveness.
Mesh better with Student of Perfection.

Here, and reiterated elsewhere.
We'll have to wait a few weeks for the release to know more.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

No archetypes was one of the rare few complaints I had with the Mwangi book, so I'm hoping to see a few here! Getting a 2e take on Nexian Channelers would be an awful lot of fun.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I can't wait.For this. I can't wait to read the lore, and feel inspired.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Obviously the titular region takes priority, but I'd love some hints of what's just over the border in here.

Director of Marketing

14 people marked this as a favorite.

First preview blog posts tomorrow.

Director of Marketing

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Shanks wrote:
First preview blog posts tomorrow.

Embrace the Unnatural: Pathfinder Lost Omens Impossible Lands


2 people marked this as a favorite.

A question for the future: can someone do a Ctrl-F for “wyvaran” in the book?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Aaron tweeted that the book "has a surprise land," which I find incredibly exciting. This could mean that Bhopan is promoted out of being part of Jalmeray... or it could be that those angels on the cover mean we're in Holomog, but that feels unlikely.

Any other options I'm missing? I'm struggling to imagine what this could apply to.


Please update cover image.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
keftiu wrote:

Aaron tweeted that the book "has a surprise land," which I find incredibly exciting. This could mean that Bhopan is promoted out of being part of Jalmeray... or it could be that those angels on the cover mean we're in Holomog, but that feels unlikely.

Any other options I'm missing? I'm struggling to imagine what this could apply to.

I think that IS the name of the land - "Surpriseland" - kind of like "Newfoundland" or "Switzerland".

The real question is, of course, what is there and who lives there? Does have an overabundance of ambush predators? Is this the land of the infamously eternal versatile heritage known as the "Gotchas"? Is there really something new and unusual around every corner? Are the people living here really, really over-stimulated or are they just really tired of everything and just always have the attitude of "Yeah, been there, done that."?

:P


I think Bhopan has already been mentioned (at either PaizoCon or Gen Con, can’t remember which) as having a section in this book.

Wayfinders

I think it was PaizoCon, but it is public knowledge either way - my guess is that the 'surprise land' in question does refer to Bhopan.


It would be interesting if the surprise land turned out to be Holomog. I doubt it... probably Bhopan. But as that was announced, it makes it less of a surprise.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Ashanderai wrote:
keftiu wrote:

Aaron tweeted that the book "has a surprise land," which I find incredibly exciting. This could mean that Bhopan is promoted out of being part of Jalmeray... or it could be that those angels on the cover mean we're in Holomog, but that feels unlikely.

Any other options I'm missing? I'm struggling to imagine what this could apply to.

I think that IS the name of the land - "Surpriseland" - kind of like "Newfoundland" or "Switzerland".

The real question is, of course, what is there and who lives there? Does have an overabundance of ambush predators? Is this the land of the infamously eternal versatile heritage known as the "Gotchas"? Is there really something new and unusual around every corner? Are the people living here really, really over-stimulated or are they just really tired of everything and just always have the attitude of "Yeah, been there, done that."?

:P

Jalmeray is known for the Students of Perfection, who practise mastery over the four elements. But there is one element they have overlooked.. the element of surprise! And that's where Surpriseland comes in with the new College of Confounding Revelation, where masters of surprise practise their arts.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

This area has quickly become one of my favorites, mostly due to Geb and Alkenstar. Super excited to learn more!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Cthulhusquatch wrote:
It would be interesting if the surprise land turned out to be Holomog. I doubt it... probably Bhopan. But as that was announced, it makes it less of a surprise.

It can't be Holomog -- the Impossible Lands are a known specified region of a few specific nations, and Holomog is off the Inner Sea map on the other side of the Mwangi Expanse from the Impossible Lands.

Maybe they are subdividing one of those known nations in the region, or focusing on an island or enclave that just didn't show up on previous maps?

301 to 350 of 523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Lost Omens: Impossible Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.