Pathfinder Dark Archive

4.60/5 (based on 18 ratings)
Pathfinder Dark Archive
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Print Edition $54.99

Add PDF $19.99

Non-Mint Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

From the fringes, the unknown beckons. Pathfinder Dark Archive contains secrets that any player or GM can use to reveal the paranormal lurking in their Pathfinder games! This spine-tinglingly secretive 224-page hardcover rulebook presents two new character classes perfect for delving into the unexplained: Unleash the untold power of your mind as the psychic or leverage supernatural secrets and mystic implements as the thaumaturge!

Beyond these new classes, eight secret case files each provide player options, GM tools, and lore into a different paranormal topic, including:

  • Strange cryptids glimpsed in the night, gear to track them, and the powers you might gain by surviving an encounter with one
  • Cults and esoteric belief, with apocryphal divine magic and the secret of becoming a living vessel for an eldritch being
  • Temporal anomalies, with archetypes that skim along the surface of time and a new mystery for oracles unbound from causality

Each file concludes with a short adventure to immerse players in the paranormal, spanning across Golarion—play all eight to uncover the inexplicable phenomena of the Age of Lost Omens!

Written by: James Case, Mikhail Rekun, Mark Seifter, Rigby Bendele, Logan Bonner, Dan Cascone, Jessica Catalan, Banana Chan, Kay Hashimoto, Sen.H.H.S., Patrick Hurley, Joshua Kim, Avi Kool, Daniel Kwan, Kendra Leigh Speedling, Luis Loza, Ron Lundeen, Liane Merciel, Jacob W. Michaels, Andrew Mullen, Quinn Murphy, K. Tessa Newton, Patrick Renie, Michael Sayre, Shay Snow, Alex Speidel, Solomon St. John, Geoffrey Suthers, Ruvaid Virk, Jabari Weathers, and Isis Wozniakowska

[Additional Web Content spoiler - click to reveal]

The following pages were distributed online after the release of Dark Archive for readers to decipher themselves. You can find them here:

[Solution to Additional Web Content - click to reveal]

The Lost Pages were discovered to lead to the following file:

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-443-7

The adventures contained within this rulebook, the "Dark Archive Case Files," are sanctioned for use in Pathfinder Society Organized Play. The rules for running these Adventures and Chronicle Sheets are available as a free download (923 KB PDF).



Other Resources: This product is also available on the following platforms:

Fantasy Grounds Virtual Tabletop
Pathfinder Nexus on Demiplane
Roll20 Virtual Tabletop
Archives of Nethys

Available Formats

Pathfinder Dark Archive is also available as:

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Rulebook Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 3 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Unavailable

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO2111


See Also:

1 to 5 of 18 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.60/5 (based on 18 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Had tons of fun with it

5/5

Very entertaining fluff an options.


5/5

Both Thaumaturge and Psychic are really cool. The flavor text is awesome. Some of the adventures are hit or miss, but it’s cool that they provide short adventure ideas that can be i inserted into any campaign as a side plot.


Excellent game content and the adventure material and flavor is great as well

5/5


Ring Side Report- RPG review of Pathfinder Dark Archive

5/5

Originally posted at Throat Punch Games, a new idea every day!

Product- Pathfinder Dark Archive
System- Pathfinder 2nd Ed
Producer- Paizo
Price- $41.99
TL; DR-New toys and adventures for things that go bump in the night. 97%

Basics- What goes bump in the night? Dark Archive focuses on all the stuff that gets thrown into your average Halloween party. It covers psychics, occult inquisitors called thaumaturges, archetypes, feats, spells, and a TON of adventures. Let’s dig in to this book!

Mechanics or Crunch- I love what’s here, but there are small problems that hurt things overall. The two new classes fit within the world of wizards, warriors, and clerics as now we have a mind wizard and an occult paladin. There may be a slight bit of power creep as these might be a bit better than the core classes, but it’s nothing absolutely game breaking. Feat, spell, and archetypes all fit solidly there as well. Interestingly enough, this book has almost MORE for the GM than the players. There are adventures and ways to upgrade monsters to add the occult feel like cryptids and secret societies. Aside from a bit of power creep, the other thing that I feel hurts this is the lack of inclusion into Pathfinder Society. PFS is the majority of the way I play an while I LOVE that adventures are included, new options that you only get when weird stuff happens to you are not given as options in the PFS documenting materials. What is here is well done, but balance and lack of inclusion into Paizo’s flagship gaming market hurt the book a bit. 4.75/5

Theme or Fluff- As a lover of ghost stories and campfire monsters, this book calls to me. I love the flavor here and the fact that crunch is being tied deeper into story. The new ways to add things like cults and monsters also helps. What’s here is amazing. I am slightly sad I didn't see much Lovecraft lore here. We can make it, but I still want my crazy horrors from beyond time and space to make more of an appearance in a book where time magic and feats get put into the system. Couple that with adventures that GMs can drop in instantly, this is a solid book on the Pathfinder occult. 4.9/5

Execution- This is a physical book and a PDF by Paizo, so I’m almost automatically going to love it. Solid layout, fonts, formats, hyperlinks make this a great book and a breeze to read. My one minor issue is this is a book with almost as many pages for the GM as the players. It would be nice to have a PDF of the maps and pictures that I can show to the players like they do with their adventure paths. But, if my criticism is that I want more, that's a good place to be in production. 4.9/5

Summary- I love me some crazy stuff, so I love me this book. I listen to too many podcasts about monsters, skepticism regarding monsters, and ghost stories to pass this book up. It has great additions to the system that might be a touch overpowered compared to things before. It has fun adventures with some amazing options that I wish PFS players could get their hands on. It has solid production, but a lack of web enhancements might hold it back a bit. What’s here is good, but I just want more ways to get at it. 97%


More Occult please!

4/5

I've been wanting more Occult-related content since Pathfinder 2 rolled out, and this book *mostly* delivers. The new spells and archetypes get into weird esoterica and time manipulation. The Chronoskimmer and Curse Maelstrom archetypes in particular are very flavorful and interesting archetypes that really change the feel of a character, and while I'm not sold on the current implementation of the Time Oracle from a mechanical effectiveness perspective it really does a decent job of capturing that feeling of being progressively more detached from time as your curse progresses.

The two new classes are OK. The Thaumaturge never really caught my interest mechanically.

The Psychic is a class I was really looking forward to, and while it has interesting flavor and mechanics relative to some other full casters I feel like it runs into similar traps mechanically as the Oracle where it's pretty much always going to need to be resting for 10 mins after a fight. I am however glad that they gave access to at least a couple interesting and useful flavor feats in the class feat tree, compared to Wizards and Sorcerers who have nothing or very little in their feat trees that relate back to their choices of arcane thesis, specialist school, or bloodline (the arcane / divine / occult / primal evolution feats are really quite generic) that have flavorful, more permanent effects.

Ultimately, while there are definitely some misses in this book (the layout potentially being one of them), I think there is also a lot of good content here and I'd like to see so much more of the occult realm fleshed out both in expansions to current classes, archetypes, and options (aftermath / deviant feats), and in new material.


1 to 5 of 18 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
151 to 200 of 411 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Does the Psychic class have a broader psychic lore chapter wrapped around it, or is it just the class? I’d love to hear a little on their place in the setting beyond the broad strokes (big in Vudra, tied to aberrations, etc).


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
keftiu wrote:
Does the Psychic class have a broader psychic lore chapter wrapped around it, or is it just the class? I’d love to hear a little on their place in the setting beyond the broad strokes (big in Vudra, tied to aberrations, etc).

Looking at the pageless ToC for the book in the margins of the Mindsmith picture, its in a section called "The Archivist Training Manual" presumably alongside the Thaumaturge, so its not its own chapter on psychic lore, but it probably does have some more lore in that section on psychic stuff because "Psychics" isn't a case file or otherwise represented-- how much more than the standard class introduction is unclear, but I imagine it'll discuss the idea from the perspective of psychics employed by the Archive if nothing else.


Do we know anything about the Living Vessel's mechanics?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
keftiu wrote:
Do we know anything about the Living Vessel's mechanics?

There's powers depending on the kind of entity is inside you, and they all (if I understood correctly) can take you over if you go to 0 instead of you falling unconscious.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I’m excited about the living vessel because it seems like it’s exactly what I need to recreate the fiend keeper medium from pf1.


Hopefully we start getting a slow drip of teasers since the book is a month out from release

Wayfinders

If nothing else, I expect some inspirational lore sidebars on both the thaumaturge and psychic, especially since the latter is no longer uncommon and tied to specific regions like Vudra and Rahadoum.

Marketing & Media Manager

8 people marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
Does the Psychic class have a broader psychic lore chapter wrapped around it, or is it just the class? I’d love to hear a little on their place in the setting beyond the broad strokes (big in Vudra, tied to aberrations, etc).

Know Direction will do a deep-dive int the psychic on Monday.

Marketing & Media Manager

11 people marked this as a favorite.

We are giving each of the Pathfinder Dark Archive classes and Case Files to different content creators for exclusive, narrow previews. We will repost them here, on social media and send them out via email. The exclusivity period will end about July 11, when subscribers start getting their PDFs. Then all subscribers and content creators can discuss the new material.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Shanks wrote:
keftiu wrote:
Does the Psychic class have a broader psychic lore chapter wrapped around it, or is it just the class? I’d love to hear a little on their place in the setting beyond the broad strokes (big in Vudra, tied to aberrations, etc).
Know Direction will do a deep-dive int the psychic on Monday.

Yay! It's been a while since I was this excited about a book!

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:
keftiu wrote:
Does the Psychic class have a broader psychic lore chapter wrapped around it, or is it just the class? I’d love to hear a little on their place in the setting beyond the broad strokes (big in Vudra, tied to aberrations, etc).
Know Direction will do a deep-dive int the psychic on Monday.

Anybody assigned the deep-dive on the Thaumaturge?

Marketing & Media Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.
John R. wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
keftiu wrote:
Does the Psychic class have a broader psychic lore chapter wrapped around it, or is it just the class? I’d love to hear a little on their place in the setting beyond the broad strokes (big in Vudra, tied to aberrations, etc).
Know Direction will do a deep-dive int the psychic on Monday.
Anybody assigned the deep-dive on the Thaumaturge?

Yes!

Marketing & Media Manager

7 people marked this as a favorite.

Don't miss this exclusive preview by How It's Played of Temporal Anomalies from the Pathfinder #DarkArchive rulebook!

Preorder or subscribe to this paranormal tome at the Paizo Store or your local game store today!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

NoNat1s got the Thaumaturge deep-dive tomorrow at 12 pm PST.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John R. wrote:
NoNat1s got the Thaumaturge deep-dive tomorrow at 12 pm PST.

Link to the above stream found HERE.


Not sure if this is the right place to report it, but it seems a typo has snuck its way into the final print? "Reversing Charge" is referred to as "Snapback Charge" in that sneak-peek video.


Do we know who is previewing the Pacts section?

Marketing & Media Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Thaumaturge class previews from Nonat1s:
THAUMATURGE EARLY ACCESS - PATHFINDER 2E
THAUMATURGE CLASS GUIDE - PATHFINDER 2E

Psychic class preview from Know Direction:
Know Direction 279 – Dark Archive Psychic Preview


Any ideas how much this is going to be delayed by yet ?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Who said there was a delay?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Me.

Marketing & Media Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.

There will be a July 2022 New Releases and Subscription Shipping post in the Announcements Channel when we are ready. Kindly wait for it.


siegfriedliner wrote:
Any ideas how much this is going to be delayed by yet ?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Marketing & Media Manager

8 people marked this as a favorite.
Gisher wrote:
siegfriedliner wrote:
Any ideas how much this is going to be delayed by yet ?
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Friends, I have not been told this product is delayed. Have a great Long weekend if you are in the USA.


Aaron Shanks wrote:
Gisher wrote:
siegfriedliner wrote:
Any ideas how much this is going to be delayed by yet ?
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Friends, I have not been told this product is delayed. Have a great Long weekend if you are in the USA.

I was just being silly.

But, in all seriousness, if it does actually end up being delayed I'd understand. We're all dealing with the effects of the pandemic.

Marketing & Media Manager

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Gisher wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Gisher wrote:
siegfriedliner wrote:
Any ideas how much this is going to be delayed by yet ?
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Friends, I have not been told this product is delayed. Have a great Long weekend if you are in the USA.

I was just being silly.

But, in all seriousness, if it does actually end up being delayed I'd understand. We're all dealing with the effects of the pandemic.

I appreciate silliness. I just have a hard time recognizing it in writing. :)


Katina Davis wrote:
Announced for July! Product image and description are not final and may be subject to change.

Add in all the amazing teases and bit-n-bobs shared via streamers and I am beyond stoked for this one!!!!


Aaron Shanks wrote:
Gisher wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Gisher wrote:
siegfriedliner wrote:
Any ideas how much this is going to be delayed by yet ?
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Friends, I have not been told this product is delayed. Have a great Long weekend if you are in the USA.

I was just being silly.

But, in all seriousness, if it does actually end up being delayed I'd understand. We're all dealing with the effects of the pandemic.

I appreciate silliness. I just have a hard time recognizing it in writing. :)

It is tricky to express tone in writing. My all caps and multiple exclamation points were meant to indicate hyperbole, but I guess that only works well with people who already know me in real life.

At any rate, the previews have been very exciting. I love how mechanically and thematically different these classes are from the previous ones.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Shanks wrote:

Don't miss this exclusive preview by How It's Played of Temporal Anomalies from the Pathfinder #DarkArchive rulebook!

Preorder or subscribe to this paranormal tome at the Paizo Store or your local game store today!

YEEESS!! This is the part I'm most excited about for Dark Archive, though honestly everything I've been hearing about it sounds SO COOL =D

Quick mechanics question, if I could plead your indulgence:
The preview shows the initial Splash Page for the Time Mage archetype, and in the text it includes an Additional Feats entry. One of those additional feats available to the Time Mage is Quickened Casting at 12th level.

So my question is: If a character took Time Mage through a class that itself has access to Quickened Casting (Wizard, Bard, Sorcerer, etc), would that mean that they could take the feat both through their Core Class AND the Time Mage and thusly be able to use it twice per day, rather than only once??

(Many would probably see this as an ineffective use of two class feats, but I'm curious as to whether it's possible rather than optimal)

Liberty's Edge

LoreMonger13 wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:

Don't miss this exclusive preview by How It's Played of Temporal Anomalies from the Pathfinder #DarkArchive rulebook!

Preorder or subscribe to this paranormal tome at the Paizo Store or your local game store today!

YEEESS!! This is the part I'm most excited about for Dark Archive, though honestly everything I've been hearing about it sounds SO COOL =D

Quick mechanics question, if I could plead your indulgence:
The preview shows the initial Splash Page for the Time Mage archetype, and in the text it includes an Additional Feats entry. One of those additional feats available to the Time Mage is Quickened Casting at 12th level.

So my question is: If a character took Time Mage through a class that itself has access to Quickened Casting (Wizard, Bard, Sorcerer, etc), would that mean that they could take the feat both through their Core Class AND the Time Mage and thusly be able to use it twice per day, rather than only once??

(Many would probably see this as an ineffective use of two class feats, but I'm curious as to whether it's possible rather than optimal)

IIRC if it's the same name, then it's considered the same feat and you cannot take it twice unless explicitly allowed.

Marketing & Media Manager

7 people marked this as a favorite.

Now on YouTube: Dark Archive - Everything You Wanted To Know with James Case

"We talk to James Case, one of the writers behind Dark Archive, a Pathfinder Second Edition sourcebook dealing with the edges of horror in the world of Golarion. In this non-spoilery video, we talk about the two new classes, the Thaumaturge and the Psychic, and peek into the "stolen casefiles.""

This is not one of the exclusive previews. Really Dicey will cover Secret Societies shortly. :)

Dark Archive

The Raven Black wrote:
LoreMonger13 wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:

Don't miss this exclusive preview by How It's Played of Temporal Anomalies from the Pathfinder #DarkArchive rulebook!

Preorder or subscribe to this paranormal tome at the Paizo Store or your local game store today!

YEEESS!! This is the part I'm most excited about for Dark Archive, though honestly everything I've been hearing about it sounds SO COOL =D

Quick mechanics question, if I could plead your indulgence:
The preview shows the initial Splash Page for the Time Mage archetype, and in the text it includes an Additional Feats entry. One of those additional feats available to the Time Mage is Quickened Casting at 12th level.

So my question is: If a character took Time Mage through a class that itself has access to Quickened Casting (Wizard, Bard, Sorcerer, etc), would that mean that they could take the feat both through their Core Class AND the Time Mage and thusly be able to use it twice per day, rather than only once??

(Many would probably see this as an ineffective use of two class feats, but I'm curious as to whether it's possible rather than optimal)

IIRC if it's the same name, then it's considered the same feat and you cannot take it twice unless explicitly allowed.

I suppose, and that's a likely possibility. The reason I asked is that it's not -technically- from the same class, though perhaps since it would effect the same spell list that would lean more towards the former than latter.

Would be interesting to get an official word on that to clarify ^_^ And if ANYONE could double-dip like that, it would make sense if it were the archetype that quite literally manipulates time itself in their spellcasting ;P

Wayfinders Contributor

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Shanks wrote:

Thaumaturge class previews from Nonat1s:

THAUMATURGE EARLY ACCESS - PATHFINDER 2E
THAUMATURGE CLASS GUIDE - PATHFINDER 2E

Psychic class preview from Know Direction:
Know Direction 279 – Dark Archive Psychic Preview

Nonat's class preview made me decide to make a thaumaturge as my next society character. It looks like a really fascinating class.

Grand Archive

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
LoreMonger13 wrote:
The Raven Black wrote:
LoreMonger13 wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:

Don't miss this exclusive preview by How It's Played of Temporal Anomalies from the Pathfinder #DarkArchive rulebook!

Preorder or subscribe to this paranormal tome at the Paizo Store or your local game store today!

YEEESS!! This is the part I'm most excited about for Dark Archive, though honestly everything I've been hearing about it sounds SO COOL =D

Quick mechanics question, if I could plead your indulgence:
The preview shows the initial Splash Page for the Time Mage archetype, and in the text it includes an Additional Feats entry. One of those additional feats available to the Time Mage is Quickened Casting at 12th level.

So my question is: If a character took Time Mage through a class that itself has access to Quickened Casting (Wizard, Bard, Sorcerer, etc), would that mean that they could take the feat both through their Core Class AND the Time Mage and thusly be able to use it twice per day, rather than only once??

(Many would probably see this as an ineffective use of two class feats, but I'm curious as to whether it's possible rather than optimal)

IIRC if it's the same name, then it's considered the same feat and you cannot take it twice unless explicitly allowed.

I suppose, and that's a likely possibility. The reason I asked is that it's not -technically- from the same class, though perhaps since it would effect the same spell list that would lean more towards the former than latter.

Would be interesting to get an official word on that to clarify ^_^ And if ANYONE could double-dip like that, it would make sense if it were the archetype that quite literally manipulates time itself in their spellcasting ;P

Here, in the CRB 3rd printing errata explanations in the FAQ page:

CRB 3rd printing errata wrote:
Page 113: The champion's Quick Block feat accidentally had a different name than fighter Quick Shield Block. Change the name to Quick Shield Block to make it clear this is the same feat in two different classes, much like Blind Fight, Quick Draw, or Sudden Charge.

So when it's the same name, it's the same feat, just in different classes.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

I wonder how long it'll take HeroLab Online and Pathbuilder to get the new class information into their tools.

Dark Archive

Elfteiroh wrote:
LoreMonger13 wrote:
The Raven Black wrote:
LoreMonger13 wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:

Don't miss this exclusive preview by How It's Played of Temporal Anomalies from the Pathfinder #DarkArchive rulebook!

Preorder or subscribe to this paranormal tome at the Paizo Store or your local game store today!

YEEESS!! This is the part I'm most excited about for Dark Archive, though honestly everything I've been hearing about it sounds SO COOL =D

Quick mechanics question, if I could plead your indulgence:
The preview shows the initial Splash Page for the Time Mage archetype, and in the text it includes an Additional Feats entry. One of those additional feats available to the Time Mage is Quickened Casting at 12th level.

So my question is: If a character took Time Mage through a class that itself has access to Quickened Casting (Wizard, Bard, Sorcerer, etc), would that mean that they could take the feat both through their Core Class AND the Time Mage and thusly be able to use it twice per day, rather than only once??

(Many would probably see this as an ineffective use of two class feats, but I'm curious as to whether it's possible rather than optimal)

IIRC if it's the same name, then it's considered the same feat and you cannot take it twice unless explicitly allowed.

I suppose, and that's a likely possibility. The reason I asked is that it's not -technically- from the same class, though perhaps since it would effect the same spell list that would lean more towards the former than latter.

Would be interesting to get an official word on that to clarify ^_^ And if ANYONE could double-dip like that, it would make sense if it were the archetype that quite literally manipulates time itself in their spellcasting ;P

Here, in the CRB 3rd printing errata explanations in the FAQ page:

CRB 3rd printing errata wrote:
Page 113: The champion's Quick Block feat accidentally had a different name than fighter Quick
...

Fair, that seemed the most likely outcome, even if it would've been a neat benefit for the Time Mage =]

Thanks for delving deep into a third-generation errata to find that, by the by! Likely would not have discovered that on my own xP

Hoping they have other interesting options. So far the Chronoskimmer seems more appealing and useful, but I was REALLY holding out for Time Mage >.> (When I get to play my planned "Chronomancer", we won't reach higher than level 17 so I wouldn't be able to get that snazzy Timeline Splitting Spell option T_T)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:

Thaumaturge class previews from Nonat1s:

THAUMATURGE EARLY ACCESS - PATHFINDER 2E
THAUMATURGE CLASS GUIDE - PATHFINDER 2E

Psychic class preview from Know Direction:
Know Direction 279 – Dark Archive Psychic Preview

Nonat's class preview made me decide to make a thaumaturge as my next society character. It looks like a really fascinating class.

Same. I love playing knowledge heavy characters (I have an enigma bard/pathfinder agent and lore oracle/loremaster), thaumaturge feels like it was made for me lol


Has that Secret Societies preview gone up yet?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
J03_M4M4 wrote:
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:

Thaumaturge class previews from Nonat1s:

THAUMATURGE EARLY ACCESS - PATHFINDER 2E
THAUMATURGE CLASS GUIDE - PATHFINDER 2E

Psychic class preview from Know Direction:
Know Direction 279 – Dark Archive Psychic Preview

Nonat's class preview made me decide to make a thaumaturge as my next society character. It looks like a really fascinating class.
Same. I love playing knowledge heavy characters (I have an enigma bard/pathfinder agent and lore oracle/loremaster), thaumaturge feels like it was made for me lol

I feel Thaumaturge is my IRL class, as I have always been all about connections and symbols.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Three more weeks!

Wayfinders

6 people marked this as a favorite.

Not to do marketing's job for them, but I figured people might want to see:

The Rules Lawyer's Pacts & Curses preview
Really Dicey's Dark Archive overview+James Case interview (not much new aside from a fun piece of art)

Wayfinders

4 people marked this as a favorite.
RiverMesa wrote:

Not to do marketing's job for them, but I figured people might want to see:

The Rules Lawyer's Pacts & Curses preview
Really Dicey's Dark Archive overview+James Case interview (not much new aside from a fun piece of art)

Missed my edit window, but worth noting is that Rules Lawyer's video also previews the full table of contents, showing some additional things in the case files (plus a list of all the Incident Reports) - like cryptid feats in Cryptids (separate from aftermath feats), the Alter Ego archetype in Mirrors & Imposters, Curse Maelstrom archetype in Pacts & Curses (which gets a deep dive in the video), and the Sleepwalker archetype in Mindscapes.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
RiverMesa wrote:
RiverMesa wrote:

Not to do marketing's job for them, but I figured people might want to see:

The Rules Lawyer's Pacts & Curses preview
Really Dicey's Dark Archive overview+James Case interview (not much new aside from a fun piece of art)

Missed my edit window, but worth noting is that Rules Lawyer's video also previews the full table of contents, showing some additional things in the case files (plus a list of all the Incident Reports) - like cryptid feats in Cryptids (separate from aftermath feats), the Alter Ego archetype in Mirrors & Imposters, Curse Maelstrom archetype in Pacts & Curses (which gets a deep dive in the video), and the Sleepwalker archetype in Mindscapes.

Nice to see that there were still some secrets left unveiled. ^^

So excited for this to be in everyone's hands.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

When is it shipping out to brick & mortars? I preordered it at my LFGS and am really excited for this book. I thought my excitement would plateau with SoM, but DANG if DA hasn't gotten me more excited than a new anime seasonal block announcement!


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Our preview for the Cryptids chapter is now live! We had quite a lot of fun with this one! Learn about crafting your own monsters of myth and how to make your most thrilling encounters have a lasting impact on the rest of your campaign! https://youtu.be/edDejgl19ek

Marketing & Media Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.
nick1wasd wrote:
When is it shipping out to brick & mortars? I preordered it at my LFGS and am really excited for this book. I thought my excitement would plateau with SoM, but DANG if DA hasn't gotten me more excited than a new anime seasonal block announcement!

I believe shipping to distributors started 6/27. They ship to your FLGS, so Dark Archive should release worldwide no earlier than 7/27.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Gallant Goblin wrote:
Our preview for the Cryptids chapter is now live! We had quite a lot of fun with this one! Learn about crafting your own monsters of myth and how to make your most thrilling encounters have a lasting impact on the rest of your campaign! Gallant Goblins' Crypid Sneak Peek!!!

Linkified!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Someone let me know if we get info for Silent Whisper's Psyche action. I want to know what saves it benefits, how much it heals, and if it can heal undead.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DemonicDem wrote:
Someone let me know if we get info for Silent Whisper's Psyche action. I want to know what saves it benefits, how much it heals, and if it can heal undead.

I believe you might be talking about the subconscious mind Emotional Acceptance, not the conscious mind Silent Whisper. Subconscious minds are supposed to have the 1-Action Psyche abilities, not the conscious mind.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Ezekieru wrote:
DemonicDem wrote:
Someone let me know if we get info for Silent Whisper's Psyche action. I want to know what saves it benefits, how much it heals, and if it can heal undead.
I believe you might be talking about the subconscious mind Emotional Acceptance, not the conscious mind Silent Whisper. Subconscious minds are supposed to have the 1-Action Psyche abilities, not the conscious mind.

I believe I am as well, yes.

1 to 50 of 411 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Dark Archive All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.