Pathfinder Lost Omens: Travel Guide

Pathfinder Lost Omens: Travel Guide

Preorder Print Edition $39.99

PDF available : $27.99

Facebook Twitter Email

See the scenic Inner Sea with the Lost Omens Travel Guide! This book is your companion to the culture, life, and sights of the Inner Sea, guiding you through a variety of topics of interest. With this book, you can learn about Inner Sea cuisine and art, experience the thrills of Inner Sea sports, and uncover the secrets of Inner Sea myths and magic. The Travel Guide features dozens of illustrations to show you the fine details of the latest fashion or put you into the center of one of the Inner Sea's greatest festivals. Come learn everything about the Inner Sea and prepare yourself for a journey through an unforgettable region with the Lost Omens Travel Guide!

Written by: Rigby Bendele, Katina Davis, Dana Ebert, Dustin Knight, Aaron Lascano, Ron Lundeen, Stephanie Lundeen, Ianara Natividad, Dave Nelson, Jessica Redekop, Nathan Reinecke, Mikhail Rekun, Erin Roberts, Simone Sallé, and Diego Valdez!

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-465-9

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Preorder, expected approximately 31 Aug 2022

PDF:

Will be available for purchase approximately 31 Aug 2022

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9313


See Also:

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

1 to 50 of 143 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Sales & eCommerce Assistant

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Available for preorder! Product image and description are not final and may be subject to change.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Love the cover!


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Oh, that's nice!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Woot! That sounds right up my alley!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Heeeeeey.

Horizon Hunters

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Fashion, food and sport, did they write this for me?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

This looks pretty awesome (both visually, and based on the content it includes).


Pathfinder Card Game, Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Very cool!

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32

I love this.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

for when our heroes plan a vacation, huh?

(looks cool!)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This sounds amazing! I hope we can get at least a little peek outside the Inner Sea for parts of this - I'd /love/ for some boundball goodness to sneak into this book.

Loving Nantambu in the bottom left of the corner. Does anyone know where the other two panels are?


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Interesting! Is this a standard 128 page book?

Grand Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
keftiu wrote:

This sounds amazing! I hope we can get at least a little peek outside the Inner Sea for parts of this - I'd /love/ for some boundball goodness to sneak into this book.

Loving Nantambu in the bottom left of the corner. Does anyone know where the other two panels are?

Pretty sure the top one is a picture of the Swallowtail festival, a Desnan festival first seen in Rise of the Runelords, specifically in the small town of Sandpoint in the region of Varisia, where they release a thousand swallowtails on the autumnal equinox.

Swallowtail Release Wiki Page

The bottom right I would say could be related to the Sky Citadels? The first citadels the dwarves built when they emerged from their quest for the sky?

Sky Citadels wiki page


5 people marked this as a favorite.

We finally get the Lost Omens Food Guide! This looks amazing.


Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

This looks awesome

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Also, Oh gods!
I cannot wait for this!
This sounds very close to an "inner sea" almanac that James Jacobs hoped to see be released one day! <3


Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Grankless wrote:
We finally get the Lost Omens Food Guide! This looks amazing.

Lets hope for some more recipes, I did make the Bloodcove BBQ from Mwangi Expanse


Heck yes! Sounds amazing!

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Sporkedup wrote:
Interesting! Is this a standard 128 page book?

Yes.


Can anyone name a sport on Golarion other than boundball?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
keftiu wrote:
Can anyone name a sport on Golarion other than boundball?

Blood Pig.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

This is not the final cover. I suspect it is close. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
keftiu wrote:
Can anyone name a sport on Golarion other than boundball?

Stick fighting and boat races, both down in the Mwangi Expanse.

Paizo Employee Chief Creative Officer, Publisher

12 people marked this as a favorite.

The Absalom book has a short section on sports on page 44. The game of ruk, from Katapesh, is a team sport involving knocking a sand-filled ball through a series of rings. Deskata is a sort of urban parkour race increasingly popular in the Puddles.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

21 people marked this as a favorite.
Elfteiroh wrote:

Also, Oh gods!

I cannot wait for this!
This sounds very close to an "inner sea" almanac that James Jacobs hoped to see be released one day! <3

It's absolutely that same thing I've been prodding for us to do for... A long time.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

9 people marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
Can anyone name a sport on Golarion other than boundball?

From the Magnimar book I included brief notes on decathalons and animal races. And bullfighting. And golem battles which may or may not be semi-inspired by rock-em sock-em robots.

And we can't forget Killgull!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Into my veins. INTO MY VEINS.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

10 people marked this as a favorite.
J03_M4M4 wrote:
keftiu wrote:
Can anyone name a sport on Golarion other than boundball?
Blood Pig.

While the game itself is obviously the invention of a sadist (not me, nor Richard Pett, but ONLY the King of Old Korvosa), Blood Pig is intended to be a new take on a local ball game similar in some ways to soccer or basketball.

The adventure we put that in, "Escape from Old Korvosa," takes a lot of cues from one of my favorite movies, "Escape from New York,' (there might be similarities in the title, for example). In "Escape from New York," the Duke of New York solves things by doing an over the top bloodsport type thing... while in the sequel, "Escape from L. A." there's a simliar plot point involving a high-takes basketball game. Both of those are the original inspiration for including a game called Blood Pig invented by the King of Old Korvosa.

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
Can anyone name a sport on Golarion other than boundball?

Prismati is a baseball style game involving first world shenanigans in and/or around Andoran, if my memory serves me right!

The Irorium has a bunch of games too, although many are just fighting-sports.


Here's hoping Garund gets as much love in this as Avistan does - I'd love whatever we can see of cultures across the Golden Road and Impossible Lands.

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, PF Special Edition Subscriber

Oh heck yeah! This is up there with other player oriented source books. I'm sure it'll help to get our characters even more ingrained in Golarion. I'm so excited!

Silver Crusade

James Jacobs wrote:
Elfteiroh wrote:

Also, Oh gods!

I cannot wait for this!
This sounds very close to an "inner sea" almanac that James Jacobs hoped to see be released one day! <3
It's absolutely that same thing I've been prodding for us to do for... A long time.

Yay!

I'ze hyped!

The Exchange

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Is this for the beach episode of the AP? Cause I'm gonna use it for the beach episode of the AP.


Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
J03_M4M4 wrote:
keftiu wrote:
Can anyone name a sport on Golarion other than boundball?
Blood Pig.

While the game itself is obviously the invention of a sadist (not me, nor Richard Pett, but ONLY the King of Old Korvosa), Blood Pig is intended to be a new take on a local ball game similar in some ways to soccer or basketball.

The adventure we put that in, "Escape from Old Korvosa," takes a lot of cues from one of my favorite movies, "Escape from New York,' (there might be similarities in the title, for example). In "Escape from New York," the Duke of New York solves things by doing an over the top bloodsport type thing... while in the sequel, "Escape from L. A." there's a simliar plot point involving a high-takes basketball game. Both of those are the original inspiration for including a game called Blood Pig invented by the King of Old Korvosa.

Thanks James, love these little tidbits from behind the scenes


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Project: J-ko wrote:
Is this for the beach episode of the AP? Cause I'm gonna use it for the beach episode of the AP.

Giggling at the thought of a beach episode in 2022’s AP offerings. I suppose the Quest for the Frozen Flame crew could have nice enough time at the lakeside, but the other two? Any water the Outlaws of Alkenstar can find is probably full of toxic chemicals, and I can’t imagine the Blood Lords get too much out of a sunny day on the sea.


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
keftiu wrote:
Project: J-ko wrote:
Is this for the beach episode of the AP? Cause I'm gonna use it for the beach episode of the AP.
Giggling at the thought of a beach episode in 2022’s AP offerings. I suppose the Quest for the Frozen Flame crew could have nice enough time at the lakeside, but the other two? Any water the Outlaws of Alkenstar can find is probably full of toxic chemicals, and I can’t imagine the Blood Lords get too much out of a sunny day on the sea.

Now imagining the vampire party members grumpily under a parasol whilst the skeleton is having a nice day bleaching his bones in the sun!

Dark Archive

WHAT?! I LOVE THIS!

Wayfinders Contributor

5 people marked this as a favorite.

My GM for Agents of Edgewatch included a swimsuit episode where we were all patrolling the beach and acting as life guards. I loved that interlude!

This book sounds wonderful, and exactly what my home campaigns have been wanting!

Hmm

Silver Crusade

5 people marked this as a favorite.
keftiu wrote:
Project: J-ko wrote:
Is this for the beach episode of the AP? Cause I'm gonna use it for the beach episode of the AP.
Giggling at the thought of a beach episode in 2022’s AP offerings. I suppose the Quest for the Frozen Flame crew could have nice enough time at the lakeside, but the other two? Any water the Outlaws of Alkenstar can find is probably full of toxic chemicals, and I can’t imagine the Blood Lords get too much out of a sunny day on the sea.

Pish-posh, that "toxic" is nonsense flibajib those unscrupulous "scientists" make up. Lake Essentia Resort and Spa is filled with 100% natural and perfectly safe essential oils, a welcome respite for the elite of Alkenstar.

And now for the option that doesn't make me wanna vomit, maybe a blood lake in Blood Lords?

Dark Archive

Huh, so they are finally doing culture book. Awesome :D


Is that book purely fluff? How will this help me GM? Are there quest seeds/mechanics in there?

Silver Crusade

10 people marked this as a favorite.

If you're calling it that you've already written it off I take it.

I'm guessing it'll be like Grand Bazaar with plentiful amounts of flavor and a few mechanics sprinkled within.

If interesting locales and events and art don't give you plot ideas I don't know what to tell you.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
demlin wrote:
Is that book purely fluff? How will this help me GM? Are there quest seeds/mechanics in there?

It’s a Lost Omens book; they’re always primarily lore, with a handful of thematic mechanics. I’d expect a couple of on-theme Archetypes and items.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Sports is something I love to see! One of my players is kind of a jock character so it would be very nice to be able to expand that a bit.

Festivals in general also is amazing for exploration, characters can just walk around, take in all the wonders.

So in that regard I would love if this book goes into a lot of detail into these rather than something like a paragraph.


keftiu wrote:
demlin wrote:
Is that book purely fluff? How will this help me GM? Are there quest seeds/mechanics in there?
It’s a Lost Omens book; they’re always primarily lore, with a handful of thematic mechanics. I’d expect a couple of on-theme Archetypes and items.

Lost Omens books can be great as well if they make it easier to GM. Like if they include plot hooks.

Silver Crusade

4 people marked this as a favorite.

You're going to need to be specific, by their nature every LO has been full of plot hooks.


8 people marked this as a favorite.

For me personally, a book filled with lore of the kind that's mentioned in the product blurb is exactly the kind of stuff that'll help set my GM brain on fire. Holidays, sports events, hell even fashion and cuisine can lead to all sorts of fun adventures, and having descriptions of these events and phenomena is a super fun way to create adventures immersed in setting lore.

Greenlighting this book is one of the best decisions ever made by Paizo, methinks.

Silver Crusade

Seconded


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
You're going to need to be specific, by their nature every LO has been full of plot hooks.

I’d struggle to name one that wasn’t. That’s kind of the point - rulebooks give you tools, Lost Omens gives you material to use them with.


description wrote:
and art

How to create Living Graffiti or something?

1 to 50 of 143 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Lost Omens: Travel Guide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.