Pathfinder Book of the Dead

3.90/5 (based on 19 ratings)
Pathfinder Book of the Dead

Add Print Edition $49.99

Add PDF $14.99

Facebook Twitter Email

The dead are rising! This blasphemous tome gives players and GMs everything they need to bring the shambling menace of the undead to their Pathfinder adventures. This book includes tools for fighting against the undead horde, but also options for the players themselves to control or even become undead creatures. GMs will find new tools and haunts, as well as information about the undead-plagued lands of the Lost Omens campaign setting. A massive bestiary section full of undead creatures brings more threats for GMs to use and summonable creatures for players, including more versions of classic undead like vampires, skeletons, and zombies. This 224-page hardcover rulebook also includes a full adventure themed around fighting the undead!

Written by: Jason Bulmahn, Brian Bauman, Tineke Bolleman, Logan Bonner, Jessica Catalan, John Compton, Chris Eng, Logan Harper, Michelle Jones, Jason Keeley, Luis Loza, Ron Lundeen, Liane Merciel, Patchen Mortimer, Quinn Murphy, Jessica Redekop, Mikhail Rekun, Solomon St. John, Michael Sayre, Sen.H.S.S, Kendra Leigh Speedling, Jason Tondro, Andrew White

Available Formats

Pathfinder Book of the Dead is also available as:

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-401-7

The adventure contained within this rulebook, "March of the Dead," is sanctioned for use in Pathfinder Society Organized Play. The rules for running this Adventure and Chronicle Sheets are available as a free download (881 KB PDF).

Other Resources: This product is also available on the following platforms:

Pathfinder Nexus on Demiplane
Roll20 Virtual Tabletop
Archives of Nethys

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Rulebook Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 11 to 20 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO2110


See Also:

1 to 5 of 19 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

3.90/5 (based on 19 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Great resource, just wish the player options were a bit stronger

5/5

title says it all, it's a good book but it feels like they were afraid of really committing to the undead vibe for the player options, which is a bummer but far from a deal breaker


5/5


Good undead archetypes, lore lacking

3/5

The highlight of this book is the archetypes and ancestry for allowing undead PCs. The handling of rejuvenation and soul cage in particular works well, and would work as good inspiration for representing other powerful monsters as PC archetypes. If that's your next campaign, this book could be worth it for the archetypes alone.

For a DM running an undead-heavy campaign, this book works well as an additional bestiary. There are 85 monster entries, as well as alternate ability options for some of the more common undead and some new haunts. None particularly stood out to me, but the sheer number is certainly helpful and in Pathfinder 2E every monster entry has something interesting going for it. The adventure is fine, but Paizo produces so many better adventures in other product lines. (I haven't run this one, so can't judge the difficulty.)

For living PCs, this book isn't worth it. The archetypes are lackluster. There's 2 pages of backgrounds and 3 pages of items, but surprisingly no new spells at all. I didn't dock the book for this. Some books simply aren't for good-aligned PCs.

Most disappointing is the lore section. The cursive font used for some of the in-world lore sections is more legible than previous books, but still difficult to read. I can't imagine trying to decipher it in the pocket edition. Luckily, these in-universe esoteric pieces aren't that interesting to me anyway. Worse is the choice to write almost all of the lore from Geb's highly-opinionated perspective. A light touch might have been entertaining, but in a few places, notably the Deities of Undeath and the shorter entries in the Lands of Undead section, the opinions are so strong that I can't actually tell what he's talking about. I love well-considered lore that inspires characters and plot hooks (Mwangi Expanse was fantastic and Guns & Gears did this well for a book in the rulebook product line), but here it feels like a lazy way to add page count.


Not for Players

2/5

Contains cool lore RE: Undead and cool undead creature profiles for GMs

Most of the undead options for players are very weak, sacrifice important flavor for balance, or worse (and more commonly) both. Most of the playable options don't actually feel like undead

If you want this book because you are interested in playing an undead character, save yourself some time and money and just homebrew something better.


A lore-packed book full of undead-centered options

5/5


1 to 5 of 19 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
501 to 550 of 643 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Blave wrote:
Any word on alignment restrictions/requirements for the undead archetypes? I'm mostly interested in the Lich.

No explicit alignment restrictions, but the Lich requires a “lich ritual,” which I haven’t seen the details of, but has historically been a heinously Evil act. Lore text also states that being animated by negative energy pulls them towards undeath, and most have an “undead craving” that makes some nasty demands of them.

Sczarni

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Anyone know if undead master archetype was spoiled?


Verzen wrote:
Anyone know if undead master archetype was spoiled?

We have reanimator.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

wish the vampire archetype would get spoiled that's the playable undead I'm hyped for


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

It was spoiled.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
GGSigmar wrote:
It was spoiled.

All of the undead archetypes were spoiled in full, you just need to be good at pausing.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Check out Knights of Last Call channel on YouTube. They scroll through and cover a couple topics from the book, including Vampire. I believe Undead Master is seen at one point, but isn't looked at. Gotta practice those pausing skills.

I just realized that Lich has to be take by "living creatures". This interesting and slightly unfortunate for a few reasons. For one, you can't take it with any other Undead option from the book. This is likely to prevent possible overpowering by having two Undead powersets; but, it prevents me from making my desired Mummy Lich, with a canopic jar serving as their soul cage. D:

Likewise, that would likely mean Constructs can't take the Archetype either. So Poppets and Automaton can't be Liches. Then again, they can't be any of the Undead Archetype, now that I consider it. Funnily enough, Mark's Dungeon Ancestry is technically living, so you can make a Dungeon Lich. XD


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Ly'ualdre wrote:

Check out Knights of Last Call channel on YouTube. They scroll through and cover a couple topics from the book, including Vampire. I believe Undead Master is seen at one point, but isn't looked at. Gotta practice those pausing skills.

I just realized that Lich has to be take by "living creatures". This interesting and slightly unfortunate for a few reasons. For one, you can't take it with any other Undead option from the book. This is likely to prevent possible overpowering by having two Undead powersets; but, it prevents me from making my desired Mummy Lich, with a canopic jar serving as their soul cage. D:

Likewise, that would likely mean Constructs can't take the Archetype either. So Poppets and Automaton can't be Liches. Then again, they can't be any of the Undead Archetype, now that I consider it. Funnily enough, Mark's Dungeon Ancestry is technically living, so you can make a Dungeon Lich. XD

Automaton's Core trait explicitly says they are living creatures, as does the Poppet's Constructed trait. Feel free to make your zombie mechs, haunted dolls, and vampiric androids!


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

So excited, hope mine ships soon!


8 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

For anyone interested, while we wait for our subscriptions to start shipping, NoNat1s is doing his first impressions of Book of the Dead right now on stream! Link to the stream found HERE.

Dark Archive

keftiu wrote:
Ly'ualdre wrote:

Check out Knights of Last Call channel on YouTube. They scroll through and cover a couple topics from the book, including Vampire. I believe Undead Master is seen at one point, but isn't looked at. Gotta practice those pausing skills.

I just realized that Lich has to be take by "living creatures". This interesting and slightly unfortunate for a few reasons. For one, you can't take it with any other Undead option from the book. This is likely to prevent possible overpowering by having two Undead powersets; but, it prevents me from making my desired Mummy Lich, with a canopic jar serving as their soul cage. D:

Likewise, that would likely mean Constructs can't take the Archetype either. So Poppets and Automaton can't be Liches. Then again, they can't be any of the Undead Archetype, now that I consider it. Funnily enough, Mark's Dungeon Ancestry is technically living, so you can make a Dungeon Lich. XD

Automaton's Core trait explicitly says they are living creatures, as does the Poppet's Constructed trait. Feel free to make your zombie mechs, haunted dolls, and vampiric androids!

Sidenote as someone who is playing automaton in edgewatch its actually bit immersion breaking how they aren't immune to poison or diseases since it raises lot of question on how automaton cores work x'D

(sidenote: I'mma just sad they aren't unbreakable artifacts like they were in first edition. I like idea of someone destroying my character's body and them being essentially dead but actually they are just stuck in core since there are no replacement bodies)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

My copy has shipped! I feel like it is my duty to do answer any questions of the community - though I feel like we have had a very heavy spoiler season this time around and I am not sure how much there is to go over.


Xethik wrote:
My copy has shipped! I feel like it is my duty to do answer any questions of the community - though I feel like we have had a very heavy spoiler season this time around and I am not sure how much there is to go over.

What are some standout differences, if any between undead master and beast master? Is it the same format with just explicit undead companion access, or did you see some standout feats?


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Xethik wrote:
My copy has shipped! I feel like it is my duty to do answer any questions of the community - though I feel like we have had a very heavy spoiler season this time around and I am not sure how much there is to go over.

Almost nothing from the Bestiary section (which is half of the book!) was spoiled. Also, the undead familiars were skimmed over as well. So those spots might be the most profitable spoiler-wise.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I made a reddit AMA since I got my copy!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
WWHsmackdown wrote:
Xethik wrote:
My copy has shipped! I feel like it is my duty to do answer any questions of the community - though I feel like we have had a very heavy spoiler season this time around and I am not sure how much there is to go over.
What are some standout differences, if any between undead master and beast master? Is it the same format with just explicit undead companion access, or did you see some standout feats?

In order to save page space, the Undead Master actually has plenty of the Beast master feats directly in the additional feats section (the progression ones, plus Companion's Cry, Lead the Pack, and Additional Companion).

The big uniqueness to the undead master is you can take feats to redirect damage to your adjacent companions or to call a portion of an undead companion to use their support benefit without needing them active.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Can anyone spoil me on the Darvakka(Nightshades), please?


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Does a subscriber get the pdf today? I don't see it available in my digital content so maybe I got that wrong?

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Subscribers get their PDF when the order ships. So some variable amount of time after you get your authorization email. When shipments are processed, credit card transactions are finalized, you'll get an email, and it'll note that the order has shipped and digital copies are available.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Alright, maybe some people aren't as picky as me, but why are the file by chapters so badly split? Like, I don't see why they are split evenly instead of actually, y'know, split by chapters. Every rulebook, and some of the larger LO books, I have to keep taking the single file version and splitting it myself into chapters. Why even call it file per chapter if it's not that at all?
Also, what's with the file sizes? 62 mb for the single file, 132 for the split files? That's not how splitting files works, you don't end up with double the total mb.

And you still never fixed Mwangi which has 4 pages that didn't get compressed properly, doubling the filesize it should be (though I've already fixed my own copy by compressing those pages myself)

Wayfinders

You get the PDF once your particular order of products for the month starts going into transit from Paizo's warehouse to your address - it could be later today, it could be in a week or two, it all depends on where in line your shipment happens to be.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Prince Setehrael wrote:
Can anyone spoil me on the Darvakka(Nightshades), please?

The four darvakka presented are the Nightwing (13), Nightwalker (15), Nightcrawler (18), and Nightwave (20). Their art redesign has them with a bit more brown-hue colors and glowing red adornments. They are all particularly weak to sunlight, but all have fairly large auras of negative damage that also enfeebles and pulls in living creatures.

They also have cool, thematic names but I was going to spell them wrong and went with their more descriptive nicknames, heh.

Any one of them you are particularly curious about?


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Xethik wrote:
Prince Setehrael wrote:
Can anyone spoil me on the Darvakka(Nightshades), please?

The four darvakka presented are the Nightwing (13), Nightwalker (15), Nightcrawler (18), and Nightwave (20). Their art redesign has them with a bit more brown-hue colors and glowing red adornments. They are all particularly weak to sunlight, but all have fairly large auras of negative damage that also enfeebles and pulls in living creatures.

They also have cool, thematic names but I was going to spell them wrong and went with their more descriptive nicknames, heh.

Any one of them you are particularly curious about?

Hmm the Nightwave.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Prince Setehrael wrote:
Xethik wrote:
Prince Setehrael wrote:
Can anyone spoil me on the Darvakka(Nightshades), please?

The four darvakka presented are the Nightwing (13), Nightwalker (15), Nightcrawler (18), and Nightwave (20). Their art redesign has them with a bit more brown-hue colors and glowing red adornments. They are all particularly weak to sunlight, but all have fairly large auras of negative damage that also enfeebles and pulls in living creatures.

They also have cool, thematic names but I was going to spell them wrong and went with their more descriptive nicknames, heh.

Any one of them you are particularly curious about?

Hmm the Nightwave.

The Nightwave is a massive sea leviathan form of the shadowy undead. Their angler fish form does the opposite of alighting the depths, though, as all water around them is affected by chilling darkness (along with the usual entropic negative damage aura).

With jaws that have Improved Grab and Swallow Whole, the fish is already seeming a tough foe, but it also drains any living creature it swallows for temporary Hit Points. They also have an underwater Trample that swallows anyone who critically fails their save, so even keeping distance might not save you. The Nightwave might prefer to pin you with a tooth rather than swallow you however, immobilizing and causing a chunk of bleed damage. If you have the audacity to cut your way out of the insides (or critically hit with a slicing weapon), it can spray its black blood across you for negative damage. Lastly, it carries some negative energy spells for when it can't get close.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lazarus Dark wrote:

Alright, maybe some people aren't as picky as me, but why are the file by chapters so badly split? Like, I don't see why they are split evenly instead of actually, y'know, split by chapters. Every rulebook, and some of the larger LO books, I have to keep taking the single file version and splitting it myself into chapters. Why even call it file per chapter if it's not that at all?

Also, what's with the file sizes? 62 mb for the single file, 132 for the split files? That's not how splitting files works, you don't end up with double the total mb.

And you still never fixed Mwangi which has 4 pages that didn't get compressed properly, doubling the filesize it should be (though I've already fixed my own copy by compressing those pages myself)

Please email product feedback to Customer Service.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Quote:

The Nightwave is a massive sea leviathan form of the shadowy undead. Their angler fish form does the opposite of alighting the depths, though, as all water around them is affected by chilling darkness (along with the usual entropic negative damage aura).

With jaws that have Improved Grab and Swallow Whole, the fish is already seeming a tough foe, but it also drains any living creature it swallows for temporary Hit Points. They also have an underwater Trample that swallows anyone who critically fails their save, so even keeping distance might not save you. The Nightwave might prefer to pin you with a tooth rather than swallow you however, immobilizing and causing a chunk of bleed damage. If you have the audacity to cut your way out of the insides (or critically hit with a slicing weapon), it can spray its black blood across you for negative damage. Lastly, it carries some negative energy spells for when it can't get close.

Is the Nightwave still able to swim though the air at incredible speed like in 1e?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ember1 wrote:
Quote:

The Nightwave is a massive sea leviathan form of the shadowy undead. Their angler fish form does the opposite of alighting the depths, though, as all water around them is affected by chilling darkness (along with the usual entropic negative damage aura).

With jaws that have Improved Grab and Swallow Whole, the fish is already seeming a tough foe, but it also drains any living creature it swallows for temporary Hit Points. They also have an underwater Trample that swallows anyone who critically fails their save, so even keeping distance might not save you. The Nightwave might prefer to pin you with a tooth rather than swallow you however, immobilizing and causing a chunk of bleed damage. If you have the audacity to cut your way out of the insides (or critically hit with a slicing weapon), it can spray its black blood across you for negative damage. Lastly, it carries some negative energy spells for when it can't get close.
Is the Nightwave still able to swim though the air at incredible speed like in 1e?

Yes, it has a fly speed which it makes use of primarily at night (according to the flavor text, but I imagine also in the Plane of Shadow/Negative Energy Plane).

Its aura is better in the water, and the trample-effect is also Swim-based.


What are the new names of each individual type of nightshade/darvakka?


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
HTD wrote:
What are the new names of each individual type of nightshade/darvakka?

VANYVER (Nightwing)

SYKEVER (Nightwalker)
URVETH (Nightcrawler)
NASURGETH (Nightwave)


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Now I just gotta hope that my subscription ships before street date this time around, lmao.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pawns, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

OMG. Just got mine and the Skeleton's WELL-ARMED feat is AMAZING!

And the artwork on page 66 is utterly TERRIFYING! Poor, poor Amiri...I never though she could experience such horror...

And the undead luchador (or grappling spirit) on page 107 is hilariously over the top!

And... and... Oh my! The PREDATORY RABBIT!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sadly no new necromancy spells.


Ravingdork wrote:
OMG. Just got mine and the Skeleton's WELL-ARMED feat is AMAZING!

Spoilers please =).


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pawns, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ignis Fatuus wrote:
Ravingdork wrote:
OMG. Just got mine and the Skeleton's WELL-ARMED feat is AMAZING!

Spoilers please =).

You remove your arm wielding a one-handed weapon, and wield it in your other hand, gaining reach.

Gamerskum wrote:
Sadly no new necromancy spells.

Eyes of the dead, shambling horror, and subjugate undead are all new necromancy spells in the book.

EDIT: Eyes of the dead is divination, not necromancy. :/


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is undead archetype's negative healing works with this dhampir feat?


Ohh yeah, Focus spells, which to me are always more like class abilities than actual spells and tied down to one single archetype.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Ravingdork wrote:
Ignis Fatuus wrote:
Ravingdork wrote:
OMG. Just got mine and the Skeleton's WELL-ARMED feat is AMAZING!

Spoilers please =).

You remove your arm wielding a one-handed weapon, and wield it in your other hand, gaining reach.

That's a humerus feat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pawns, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Gisher wrote:
Ravingdork wrote:
Ignis Fatuus wrote:
Ravingdork wrote:
OMG. Just got mine and the Skeleton's WELL-ARMED feat is AMAZING!

Spoilers please =).

You remove your arm wielding a one-handed weapon, and wield it in your other hand, gaining reach.
That's a humerus feat.

lol.

I imagine there are going to be a lot of skeleton fighters with the WELL-ARMED feat that wield gnome flickmaces in one arm, then wield that arm in their other arm for 15 foot reach. Kind of makes me think of a deadly tetherball pole that can give chase. The ultimate schoolyard bully.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Are the Vukodlak in this book?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What deities of undeath that are mentioned in the book?


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ravingdork wrote:
And... and... Oh my! The PREDATORY RABBIT!!!

Bunnicula?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Patrickthekid wrote:
What deities of undeath that are mentioned in the book?

Urgathoa, Charon, Kabriri, Orcus, Zura, and Set. Only Urgathoa gets a page to herself, the others are more around one paragraph with some additional lore in the bestiary.


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Prince Setehrael wrote:
Are the Vukodlak in this book?

Don't believe so; there are some spirit monsters but not the Vukodlak unless I just missed it.

Dark Archive

list of all undead in bestiary would be nice to see if interesting monsters are returning :D


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
CorvusMask wrote:
list of all undead in bestiary would be nice to see if interesting monsters are returning :D

Name - optional rarity - level - page:

Undead List:

Predatory rabbit –1 142
Mummified cat 0 130
Wolf skeleton 0 147
Zombie snake 0 170
Festering gnasher 1 74
Scorned hound 1 142
Shadern immolator R 1 126
Skeletal soldier 1 147
Decrepit mummy 2 130
Husk zombie 2 170
Lacedon 2 104
Shredskin 2 143
Combusted 3 80
Deathless acolyte of Urgathoa 3 88
Fiddling bones 3 92
Zombie owlbear 3 171
Ichor slinger U 4 115
Jitterbone contortionist R 4 126
Zombie lord U 4 172
Bone croupier U 5 77
Ghul 5 106
Iruxi ossature 5 116
Priest of Kabriri 5 104
Skeletal mage 5 147
Taunting skull 5 74
Withered 5 172
Beetle carapace 6 148
Faithless ecclesiarch U 6 112
Hungry ghost 6 100
Little man in the woods R 6 124
Deathless hierophant of Urgathoa U 7 88
Excorion U 7 91
Hunter wight U 7 168
Cadaverous rake U 8 78
Child of Urgathoa R 8 79
Drake skeleton 8 148
Fallen champion U 8 113
Ghost pirate captain 8 101
Ice mummy U 8 131
Polong U 8 138
Raw nerve 8 139
Vetalarana emergent 8 162
Waldgeist U 8 164
Daqqanoenyent R 9 75
Geist 9 96
Grappling spirit U 9 107
Prowler wight U 9 168
Gholdako R 10 97
Iroran mummy R 10 131
Pale stranger R 10 140
Sluagh reaper U 10 150
Bhuta 11 76
Corpseroot 11 81
Provincial jiang-shi 11 158
Unrisen 11 153
Vetalarana manipulator U 11 163
Zombie mammoth 11 173
Llorona 12 125
Onryo U 12 135
Relictner eroder R 12 127
Seetangeist U 12 165
Wight commander R 12 169
Gashadokuro U 13 95
Mummy prophet of Set U 13 132
Silent stalker U 13 141
Skeletal titan 13 149
Vanyver 13 82
Death coach U 14 86
Graveknight warmaster U 14 110
Minister of tumult 14 159
Obrousian U 14 134
Tormented 14 152
Gallowdead 15 94
Hollow serpent 15 114
Horde lich R 15 121
Sykever 15 83
Ecorche 16 90
Pale sovereign R 16 136
Siabrae R 16 144
Fluxwraith R 17 93
Queen sluagh R 18 151
Urveth 18 84
Runecarved lich R 19 122
Last guard U 20 117
Nasurgeth 20 85

Dark Archive

Ah so there isn't yuki-onna x'D Well good to know I can just homebrew convert that on my own for jade regent. Thank you a lot for the list, its really helpful to know which creatures I can convert without feeling like "well the official version will be out soon anyway"


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Xethik wrote:
Patrickthekid wrote:
What deities of undeath that are mentioned in the book?
Urgathoa, Charon, Kabriri, Orcus, Zura, and Set. Only Urgathoa gets a page to herself, the others are more around one paragraph with some additional lore in the bestiary.

Quite interested about the Orcus entry


Xethik wrote:
HTD wrote:
What are the new names of each individual type of nightshade/darvakka?

VANYVER (Nightwing)

SYKEVER (Nightwalker)
URVETH (Nightcrawler)
NASURGETH (Nightwave)

Are the other types mentioned anywhere (like in a sidebar or something)?


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Yoshua wrote:
Xethik wrote:
Patrickthekid wrote:
What deities of undeath that are mentioned in the book?
Urgathoa, Charon, Kabriri, Orcus, Zura, and Set. Only Urgathoa gets a page to herself, the others are more around one paragraph with some additional lore in the bestiary.
Quite interested about the Orcus entry

It's written from Geb's perspective, and writes that Orcus is plotting and building strength on other worlds and planes. Yet Geb feels unthreatened about the possibility of another rival.

Orcus is about skill and mastery of undeath, and thus has a distaste for worshippers that are forced into undead (vampires and other accidental undead). Domains are magic, might, undeath, and zeal. Granted spells grim tendrils, feral shades, and power word kill.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
HTD wrote:
Xethik wrote:
HTD wrote:
What are the new names of each individual type of nightshade/darvakka?

VANYVER (Nightwing)

SYKEVER (Nightwalker)
URVETH (Nightcrawler)
NASURGETH (Nightwave)
Are the other types mentioned anywhere (like in a sidebar or something)?

Not by name, but the nightskitterer is mentioned in a sidebar (skittering arachnids) as well as a nightshade hounds. Most take animal forms and are very powerful (high creature level).

501 to 550 of 643 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Book of the Dead All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.