Pathfinder Lost Omens: Absalom, City of Lost Omens

3.70/5 (based on 18 ratings)
Pathfinder Lost Omens: Absalom, City of Lost Omens
Show Description For:
Non-Mint
Facebook Twitter Email

THE CITY IS YOURS

For nearly 5,000 years, the great city of Absalom has stood at the center of the Inner Sea region's culture, commerce, and prophecy. Now, after the death of its founder-god Aroden, the disappearance of its lord mayor, and new attacks from some of its greatest foes, Absalom stands at the crossroads of a new and uncertain destiny!

This lore-packed 400-page guide presents a fascinating locale suitable for years of Pathfinder adventures! A huge poster map of the city, more than 250 locations, and more than 400 interconnected NPCs set the scene in unprecedented detail, beckoning your characters to walk upon streets paved with centuries of history. Follow in the footsteps of generations of questing heroes to chart a new path for the City at the Center of the World!

Written by: Allie Bustion, John Compton, Jeremy Corff, Katina Davis, Vanessa Hoskins, James Jacobs, Virginia Jordan, Erik Mona, Matt Morris, Liane Merciel, Dave Nelson, Samantha Phelan, Jessica Redekop, Mikhail Rekun, Brian Richmond, David N. Ross, Simone D. Sallé, Shahreena Shahrani, Abigail Slater, Chris Spivey, Diego Valdez, and Skylar-James Wall

Content Warning: While Absalom, City of Lost Omens contains a great deal of content suitable for everyone, it also presents themes of slavery, ableism, body horror, and human experimentation. Before you use this material in a campaign, understand that player consent (including that of the Game Master) is vital to a safe and fun play experience for everyone. Talk with your players before using these themes at the table and modify descriptions or scenarios as appropriate.

ISBN: 978-1-64078-235-8

Available Formats

Absalom, City of Lost Omens is also available as:



Other Resources: This product is also available on the following platforms:

Hero Lab Online
Fantasy Grounds Virtual Tabletop
Pathfinder Nexus on Demiplane
Archives of Nethys

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 11 to 20 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 11 to 20 business days.

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9304


See Also:

1 to 5 of 18 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

3.70/5 (based on 18 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

1/5




A diverse metropolis

5/5


5/5


1/5


1 to 5 of 18 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
151 to 200 of 628 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ashanderai wrote:
..."Upcoming Playtest"? Are you saying there is another playtest separate from Guns & Gears coming up? If so, where did you learn this?

I believe AnimatedPaper wrote the text quoted above before we knew about Guns & Gears. The "upcoming playtest" is that of the Gunslinger and Inventor ;-)

Marketing & Media Manager

9 people marked this as a favorite.

There is no playtest after the current Guns & Gears Playtest.

Secrets of Magic is scheduled for a July/Gen Con release.

Guns & Gears is scheduled for October.

I have no date for Absalom, City of Lost Omens. From a marketing perspective, I'd prefer September or December because we have Starfinder books in August and November. But I'll promote it as soon as we know. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
The Raven Black wrote:
Ashanderai wrote:
..."Upcoming Playtest"? Are you saying there is another playtest separate from Guns & Gears coming up? If so, where did you learn this?
I believe AnimatedPaper wrote the text quoted above before we knew about Guns & Gears. The "upcoming playtest" is that of the Gunslinger and Inventor ;-)

Ah, okay; thanks! My only excuse is that I still haven't had my coffee yet today.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Shanks wrote:


I have no date for Absalom, City of Lost Omens. From a marketing perspective, I'd prefer September or December because we have Starfinder books in August and November. But I'll promote it as soon as we know. :)

Don't worry, we'll keep poking and bugging y'all in the meanwhile.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber
The Raven Black wrote:
Ashanderai wrote:
..."Upcoming Playtest"? Are you saying there is another playtest separate from Guns & Gears coming up? If so, where did you learn this?
I believe AnimatedPaper wrote the text quoted above before we knew about Guns & Gears. The "upcoming playtest" is that of the Gunslinger and Inventor ;-)

Yes exactly. I actually wrote it in response to someone that was assuming the playtest we're finishing now was going to be Summoners and Magi, redux instead of new classes.

I apologize for the confusion. I hadn't yet had coffee either, lol.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
AnimatedPaper wrote:
The Raven Black wrote:
Ashanderai wrote:
..."Upcoming Playtest"? Are you saying there is another playtest separate from Guns & Gears coming up? If so, where did you learn this?
I believe AnimatedPaper wrote the text quoted above before we knew about Guns & Gears. The "upcoming playtest" is that of the Gunslinger and Inventor ;-)

Yes exactly. I actually wrote it in response to someone that was assuming the playtest we're finishing now was going to be Summoners and Magi, redux instead of new classes.

I apologize for the confusion. I hadn't yet had coffee either, lol.

Note to add to this though: The book actually come out in October, so your estimate was very close.

Which is very commendable (I prefer estimating later than the actual date myself, so I appreciate that it made the actual release date an agreeable surprise. :3 )


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Heh. I can't remember the last time I had coffee. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:
When we have an target release date for Pathfinder Lost Omens: Absalom, City of Lost Omens we will promote it. However, you will not have to wait long for the gillmen. :)

So I downloaded my subscriber copy of the Ancestry Guide today and for gillmen it says:

Quote:
For information on playing an azarketi, see the “Azarketi Ancestry Web Supplement” on paizo.com or Absalom, City of Lost Omens.

Any ETA for either of these?


zag01 wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
When we have an target release date for Pathfinder Lost Omens: Absalom, City of Lost Omens we will promote it. However, you will not have to wait long for the gillmen. :)

So I downloaded my subscriber copy of the Ancestry Guide today and for gillmen it says:

Quote:
For information on playing an azarketi, see the “Azarketi Ancestry Web Supplement” on paizo.com or Absalom, City of Lost Omens.
Any ETA for either of these?

The web supplement is coming on the 27th. Afaik no news on absalom, although apparently its in layout now so maybe april or may at the earliest?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
KaiBlob1 wrote:


The web supplement is coming on the 27th. Afaik no news on absalom, although apparently its in layout now so maybe april or may at the earliest?

If it's in layout, it has to go to the printer, be printed and then shipped by container back to the US. So you're looking at probably closer to September at the earliest.

I assume once it goes to the printer they should have a much better idea how long it will take to get back to their warehouse, so I would expect a new ETA once that happens.


KaiBlob1 wrote:
zag01 wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
When we have an target release date for Pathfinder Lost Omens: Absalom, City of Lost Omens we will promote it. However, you will not have to wait long for the gillmen. :)

So I downloaded my subscriber copy of the Ancestry Guide today and for gillmen it says:

Quote:
For information on playing an azarketi, see the “Azarketi Ancestry Web Supplement” on paizo.com or Absalom, City of Lost Omens.
Any ETA for either of these?
The web supplement is coming on the 27th. Afaik no news on absalom, although apparently its in layout now so maybe april or may at the earliest?

There has been an update in the release of the web supplement. The date of the 27th was in error and should be the 24th. Same as the ancestory guide.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber
Kelseus wrote:
KaiBlob1 wrote:


The web supplement is coming on the 27th. Afaik no news on absalom, although apparently its in layout now so maybe april or may at the earliest?

If it's in layout, it has to go to the printer, be printed and then shipped by container back to the US. So you're looking at probably closer to September at the earliest.

I assume once it goes to the printer they should have a much better idea how long it will take to get back to their warehouse, so I would expect a new ETA once that happens.

I personally am assuming we won’t see it before December, but Aaron’s post suggesting September was on the table was only two weeks ago, so I would be delighted to be wrong.

Given he actually works at Paizo, he has better information than me. And of course stuff can get shuffled a bit if needed.


Yeah, the big question for this release is if they want to do it in sequence or if they will just put it on the market as soon as they can.

My general assumption is the latter, because a) putting in the Lost Omens sequence means another planned (or already created) book will be delayed or doubled on because of it and b) the marketing and hype has been pretty ongoing so I don't know how much of a run-up they will need to give it.

But I have absolutely zero insight. I'm probably personally just more hopeful for "release when available" because that means this book arrives earlier and nothing else is delayed. Perhaps that's a bit selfish, haha. :)


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber

That's another reason I'm guessing December. I think they generally shy away from releasing big stuff in December or January, so something can go there without disrupting the rest of the schedule.

That said, Aaron said the same is true of September for this year, so that also would work from his point of view.

Another big wrench is Kingmaker though. Finishing that should free up some resources.

Marketing & Media Manager

14 people marked this as a favorite.

The fact that I would prefer September or any month for Marketing purposes was a whimsical statement and should in no way create the possibility or expectation of any particular month. Cease the conjecture; that way lies dragons. We will announce the month when we are certain. :)

If the worst effect of a global pandemic is that some glorious products have been delayed, or simply grow because we wanted to make them more awesome, I will count that as a win. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

just more lore


8 people marked this as a favorite.

Erik Mona said on reddit 13 hours ago that the internal projection for a release date is somewhere around november

Marketing & Media Manager

13 people marked this as a favorite.
KaiBlob1 wrote:
Erik Mona said on reddit 13 hours ago that the internal projection for a release date is somewhere around november

He just spent a week of his vacation working on it so he should know. :/


KaiBlob1 wrote:
Erik Mona said on reddit 13 hours ago that the internal projection for a release date is somewhere around november

Nice, do you happen to have the link to the reddit post?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LuisESR021199 wrote:
KaiBlob1 wrote:
Erik Mona said on reddit 13 hours ago that the internal projection for a release date is somewhere around november
Nice, do you happen to have the link to the reddit post?

HERE


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I just noticed this, and since I never saw anyone else talk about it I thought I'd mention it. The azarketi web supplement has, on page 3, the sidebar of the chapters of this book. They are as follows:

1. Overview
2. Absalom
3. (Then one chapter for each district, 9 in total)
12. Absalom Outskirts
13. Keeps
14. Undercity
15. NPC Gallery
16. GM Resources
17. Glossary and Index

I for one am excited about the undercity getting detailed as well as curious about what the GM resources chapter contains.

Marketing & Media Manager

6 people marked this as a favorite.
vagrant-poet wrote:
LuisESR021199 wrote:
KaiBlob1 wrote:
Erik Mona said on reddit 13 hours ago that the internal projection for a release date is somewhere around november
Nice, do you happen to have the link to the reddit post?
HERE

Look to PaizoCon for something more official. :)

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Good to have some idea when it will be out though :'D And hopefully my new graphic card arrives before this book does x'D

Joking aside, I do hope my gm for edgewatch will get use out of this book in time(I'm not sure when they are going to start campaign so for all I know it won't be before november) and I'm glad to hear it will be likely during this year :3


Do we know anything about player options in this book?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I dont think we know anything, besides that the azarketi and all their connected feats/items that were in the web supplement should appear within


Any update on when this might come out?


trek wrote:
Any update on when this might come out?

Their best guess is this November, per Erik Mona. We might find out more at PaizoCon.

Horizon Hunters

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

I guess this ain't gonna come out this year now that the monsters book has been announced...


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Monsters book?


Ed Reppert wrote:
Monsters book?

Monsters Of Myth

A Lost Omens setting book, not a Rules bestiary.


Pathfinder LO Special Edition, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
CrystalSeas wrote:
Ed Reppert wrote:
Monsters book?

Monsters Of Myth

A Lost Omens setting book, not a Rules bestiary.

Ah. Missed that somehow.


firelark01 wrote:
I guess this ain't gonna come out this year now that the monsters book has been announced...

I dont think that tha necessarily means it won't get released this year. They don't have to release it within their established schedule, they coyld just release it whenever they get it into the warhouse.

However, if they do want to release it on-schedule that means it'll likely be the february 2022 release, and that means all the books they had planned will have to get pushed one slot back to make room for it.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber

I think they're more waiting for a month they don't already have a hardcover releasing, so as to cut down on the number of books coming out all at once. Especially given how big, and thus expensive, this will be.

So maybe somewhere like January?


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Monsters of Myth is technically a December release so November would still be an option.


Has the book been completed?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is there a blog post or preview for this book yet? I'm curious about the posters. Also, what is the fluff/crunch ratio and how much of it could be used by 1E legacy GMs?

Paizo Employee Chief Creative Officer, Publisher

26 people marked this as a favorite.

The book is probably 93% lore, 7% rules. It should be very useable by folks playing in either Pathfinder edition, or even any fantasy RPG for that matter.

It's currently in editing, and we're tagging up the maps because all of the locations are locked in and won't be changing.

We're still shooting for a November release, and will update everyone if that changes for any reason.


Erik Mona wrote:

The book is probably 93% lore, 7% rules. It should be very useable by folks playing in either Pathfinder edition, or even any fantasy RPG for that matter.

It's currently in editing, and we're tagging up the maps because all of the locations are locked in and won't be changing.

We're still shooting for a November release, and will update everyone if that changes for any reason.

Thank you for the update Erik :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Erik Mona wrote:

The book is probably 93% lore, 7% rules. It should be very useable by folks playing in either Pathfinder edition, or even any fantasy RPG for that matter.

It's currently in editing, and we're tagging up the maps because all of the locations are locked in and won't be changing.

We're still shooting for a November release, and will update everyone if that changes for any reason.

Glad to hear! Makes it easy to use for first edition folks! we've been hoping for expanded Absalom lore for quite some time.


Erik Mona wrote:

We're still shooting for a November release, and will update everyone if that changes for any reason.

Any chance you can release it in a boxed set? :P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Erik Mona wrote:

The book is probably 93% lore, 7% rules. It should be very useable by folks playing in either Pathfinder edition, or even any fantasy RPG for that matter.

It's currently in editing, and we're tagging up the maps because all of the locations are locked in and won't be changing.

We're still shooting for a November release, and will update everyone if that changes for any reason.

I'm so looking forward to seeing what you came up with. This is the book I've been anticipating the most for years!

So excited and its still six months away. :)

(You do realise youre going to get at least one bad review now on the grounds that a wordcount proves the 7/93 split incorrect?)


Putting this here.

Ashanderai wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
The-Magic-Sword wrote:
Well damn, about the release being pushed back, but whatever still super looking forward to it! The August to September is gonna be insane if Guns and Gears doesn't also get pushed back, we're gonna have actual back to back rulebook releases.

I hear ya. Between Pathfinder and Starfinder we are looking at 2 hardcovers in June, 2 in August, 1 in October, 2 in November, and 1 in December. Subject to change of course.

And to clarify, I made some incorrect assumptions based on incomplete info about why it rolled. I now understand we hit our SofM deadlines and the delay was external to us. The point of the post it to confirm it rolled a month.

This statement about the release schedule confuses me SO MUCH now. I just now checked the descriptions for each of the hardcover books in the Starfinder, Pathfinder Rulebook, and Pathfinder Lost Omens lines and according to those web pages those books are coming out in the following order:

2 in June: Lost Omens Mwangi Expanse & Starfinder Galaxy Exploration Manual

3 in August: Secrets of Magic (as posted above), Lost Omens The Grand Bazaar, and Starfinder Tech Revolution

1 in September: Guns & Gears

1 in October: Starfinder Galactic Magic

1 in November: Lost Omens Monsters of Myth

& I don't know when Lost Omens Absolom is coming out as there is no release date listed.

So what else has shuffled to a different month on the schedule besides Secrets of Magic?

If Erik is right...

2 in November: Lost Omens Monsters of Myth & Lost Omens Absolom

Grand Archive

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Ashanderai's dates are wrong, many of those should be bumped one month later.

The two in November are "Starfinder Galactic Magic" and the Absalom book.
Lost Omens Monsters of Myth is a December book.

Marketing & Media Manager

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Things have shifted/will shift since I posted. They continue to change. I'm sure we will pound the schedule into your heads at PaizoCon. Hold onto your seats. :)


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

"I have altered the deal, pray that I do not alter it again."

XD


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

If you're quoting Darth Vader in ESB, the quote is, "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

As for the dates quoted from my post in another thread, I was apparently pulling my date ranges from the wrong part of the product pages, so Elfteiroh is correct.


What about the module that was supposed to come out with the book? Is that on time to ship?


Terevalis Unctio of House Mysti wrote:
What about the module that was supposed to come out with the book? Is that on time to ship?

There is no such module.

Are you asking about Dead God's Hand?


Sporkedup wrote:
Terevalis Unctio of House Mysti wrote:
What about the module that was supposed to come out with the book? Is that on time to ship?

There is no such module.

Are you asking about Dead God's Hand?

Ya, it has been so long that it was supposed to come out as well that I forgot the name.


Terevalis Unctio of House Mysti wrote:
Sporkedup wrote:
Terevalis Unctio of House Mysti wrote:
What about the module that was supposed to come out with the book? Is that on time to ship?

There is no such module.

Are you asking about Dead God's Hand?

Ya, it has been so long that it was supposed to come out as well that I forgot the name.

Haha, I feel you!

It's also an Erik Mona project, connected to Absalom, that was delayed. In hindsight I can see how you connected the two! I am pretty sure they were never linked by release date though.

It sounds like Erik has prioritized the Lost Omens book. He's not offered any particular timeline on DGH, which to me says it won't show up any earlier than next year.

151 to 200 of 628 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Lost Omens: Absalom, City of Lost Omens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.