Pathfinder Adventure: The Dead God's Hand

Our Price: $34.99

Preorder

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Delve into ancient secrets below the City at the Center of the World in this deluxe campaign-arc adventure for Pathfinder Second Edition! Captured and enslaved by a duergar clan somewhere in the maze of tunnels below the city of Absalom, the heroes stage a bloody revolt and battle their way into the long-lost Sanctum of Aroden, a legendary religious refuge sealed away from the world with the god's death a century ago. But some secrets are best left buried forever, and investigation into the mysterious Dead God's Hand said to be hidden at the heart of the complex—and the shrouded figure whose desire for it trigged the heroes' captivity in the first place—uncovers machinations that could threaten all of Absalom with the birth of a terrible new divinity!

Based on Pathfinder Publisher Erik Mona's multi-year, multi-group office Pathfinder campaign, The Dead God's Hand takes new players and Game Masters on a deadly adventure filled with dungeon exploration, ancient mysteries, and phantasmagoric tests that see them reliving events from the life of Aroden, the dead god of humanity whose murder triggered the beginning of the current age! This 128-page hardcover adventure is designed for 1st-level characters, and serves as an excellent starting point to future adventures set in Absalom, the City at the Center of the World!

This adventure uses several Flip-Mats from Paizo's extensive range, including the Pathfinder Flip-Mat: The Dead God's Hand Multi-Pack accessory.

ISBN: 978-1-64078-208-2

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Adventure Subscription.

Product Availability

Preorder

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9556

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

151 to 188 of 188 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Looks like Shadows at Sundown is projected to be in May of 2022, so maybe they might be able to slot Dead God's Hand into the system ahead of it. But then again, with the shipping situation as it is, maybe this is a summer release.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

This product is on indefinite hold.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 32

2 people marked this as a favorite.

So what's the deal with this project?

Announced in July 2019 (not sure what the original release date was)

In December 2019 (2 years ago) it was delayed until march-2020

In January 2020 it was delayed until december-2020

In September 2020 Erik Mona said it would be 2021 more or less for sure

In June 2021 Erik says 2022

Now Aaron says indefinite hold

Wayfinders Contributor

17 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't know what is happening with this project, but here's my guess.

Erik Mona is not just a creative. He's also publisher at a time when Paizo has had a couple of horrendous months. Sometimes when you are under tremendous stress, the well goes dry for a bit. I want to see this book as much as anyone, but I know what it's like to hit a creative wall. And since this is a deeply personal project as Aroden and Absalom are Erik Mona's beloved brain children, this might not be a project where Paizo feels comfortable bringing in another freelancer to finish it.

Sometimes the only thing you can do when you hit a wall is allow a project to rest for a while, and let the creative well refill. We have lots of other wonderful content coming out.

Looking forward to the Absalom book, and to this adventure, when there's time and energy to come back to it.

Hugs,
Hmm

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hilary said it way nicer than I could have. Thanks, Hmm!

Paizo Employee Chief Creative Officer, Publisher

16 people marked this as a favorite.
Hilary Moon Murphy wrote:

I don't know what is happening with this project, but here's my guess.

Erik Mona is not just a creative. He's also publisher at a time when Paizo has had a couple of horrendous months. Sometimes when you are under tremendous stress, the well goes dry for a bit. I want to see this book as much as anyone, but I know what it's like to hit a creative wall. And since this is a deeply personal project as Aroden and Absalom are Erik Mona's beloved brain children, this might not be a project where Paizo feels comfortable bringing in another freelancer to finish it.

Sometimes the only thing you can do when you hit a wall is allow a project to rest for a while, and let the creative well refill. We have lots of other wonderful content coming out.

Looking forward to the Absalom book, and to this adventure, when there's time and energy to come back to it.

Hugs,
Hmm

This is pretty accurate. Finishing Absalom took a lot out of me and while there is relatively little left to do for DGH, I haven't had the time or energy to devote to it for the last couple of months.

I will get back to it soon, but for now the adventure is on indefinite hiatus. Apologies to everyone who has been so patiently waiting for it.

Liberty's Edge

11 people marked this as a favorite.
Erik Mona wrote:

I will get back to it soon, but for now the adventure is on indefinite hiatus. Apologies to everyone who has been so patiently waiting for it.

Don't worry about it, go ahead and take the Nintendo approach, a delayed game is eventually good but a rushed one is forever bad This is a story and adventure that is close to your heart so you should bear guilt for not having it out and sold yet. I'm sure there are plenty of other lore nerds out there that would much rather you take your time than pass it off to somebody else of gods forbid release it in some half-baked form you aren't satisfied with.

Dark Archive

Noticed reference to Lost Sanctum in absalom book :O Makes me wonder if in alternate universe where they came out at same time absalom book would have directly been like "to learn more, read Dead Gods Hand"

Dark Archive

Any updates on this or still indefinetly postponed?

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kevin Mack wrote:
Any updates on this or still indefinetly postponed?

Still indefinitely postponed. Crown of the Kobold King Anniversary Edition will be the hardcover deluxe adventure this year.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Kevin Mack wrote:
Any updates on this or still indefinetly postponed?
Still indefinitely postponed. Crown of the Kobold King Anniversary Edition will be the hardcover deluxe adventure this year.

This almost sounds as if there will be a deluxe hardcover adventure released each year.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Fumarole wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Kevin Mack wrote:
Any updates on this or still indefinetly postponed?
Still indefinitely postponed. Crown of the Kobold King Anniversary Edition will be the hardcover deluxe adventure this year.
This almost sounds as if there will be a deluxe hardcover adventure released each year.

Make of it what you will. They don't tell me what is ahead more than a year at a time so it was not my intention to indicate a trend. I hope it will be though.


Pathfinder PF Special Edition Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
It's been great 10 years Varisia, but you've been done to death.
There'll never be enough Varisia material for me.
Same here.

And here, one of my first AP's and times as a player was Council of Thieves but our group left Westcrown after the events of book 6 to Varisia—GM tied my backstory into Curse of the Crimson Throne without us knowing—and the time spent there honestly made it my character's (if not mine) home.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Just stopping in and seeing if there was any new news on this one :D

Maybe a nugget at PaizoCon?

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Yoshua wrote:

Just stopping in and seeing if there was any new news on this one :D

Maybe a nugget at PaizoCon?

No news.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Honestly at this point I expect this one has been permanently shelved which is a pity since I was looking foreward to it.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

The secrets of Aroden were not meant for man to know.

Acquisitives

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Kevin Mack wrote:
Honestly at this point I expect this one has been permanently shelved which is a pity since I was looking foreward to it.

Indeed even the cover there is KILLER. I happen to be a Mona fanboy going back to Age of Worms and am still looking forward to this.


Yeah, I think it is shelved at least until they want to tell the story of Aroden since in PaizoCon they said they wanted to keep a mystery how Aroden died. Probably in 1-2 years might we get some info with this and an AP and another campaign a la Tyrants Grasps at the end of PF2E to tell the story of Aroden, afterwards PF3E or something.

Silver Crusade

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I don't think they're ever going to tell the story of how Aroden died, and this certainly wasn't going to be it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

This was an Aroden-themed adventure, not his tell-all memoir.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

It's still patiently sitting in my wishlist, and will stay there.
C'mon, you can do it, Mona! :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, LO Special Edition, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Wait, Aroden's dead? Has anyone seen the body? :-)


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Just want to echo Lotsoflore that I will still buy this whenever it comes out.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Leon Aquilla wrote:
Just want to echo Lotsoflore that I will still buy this whenever it comes out.

Thanks for keeping the faith. The brilliant author whose job it was to complete this adventure is also our Chief Creative Officer and we need him to be the latter, more than the former. And, trust me, so do you. ;)


I check back on this periodically, the Absalom book was my absolute favorite so far but Kingmaker 2e is narrowing the gap. Still hoping to see this sooner than later but I'll wait patiently, I know it'll be good :)

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Evanfardreamer wrote:
I check back on this periodically, the Absalom book was my absolute favorite so far but Kingmaker 2e is narrowing the gap. Still hoping to see this sooner than later but I'll wait patiently, I know it'll be good :)

I’m sorry to say that you can stop checking. I don’t see this on the product schedule at all. It is on indefinite hold.

Liberty's Edge

Aaron Shanks wrote:
Evanfardreamer wrote:
I check back on this periodically, the Absalom book was my absolute favorite so far but Kingmaker 2e is narrowing the gap. Still hoping to see this sooner than later but I'll wait patiently, I know it'll be good :)
I’m sorry to say that you can stop checking. I don’t see this on the product schedule at all. It is on indefinite hold.

That is sad to know, but better than not knowing.

Thanks Aaron.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh I know it's on indefinite hold, and has been for a year. And perhaps we'll never see it. But it costs me little to think about what could be :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, LO Special Edition, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

<le sigh>

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Maybe this will be the Year of the Dead God's Hand?

Grand Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
MiraculousWaterBottle wrote:
Maybe this will be the Year of the Dead God's Hand?

Considering this book is pushed back cause parts need to be rewritten, and that it's Erik Mona's baby, and that he'll most probably be very occupied by all the OGL/ORC story...

"Chances are slim."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Shanks wrote:
Evanfardreamer wrote:
I check back on this periodically, the Absalom book was my absolute favorite so far but Kingmaker 2e is narrowing the gap. Still hoping to see this sooner than later but I'll wait patiently, I know it'll be good :)
I’m sorry to say that you can stop checking. I don’t see this on the product schedule at all. It is on indefinite hold.

Bummer. Thanks for the update, at least.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The Dead Gods Hand: written by Erik Mona and Patrick Rothfuss.

Sorry, all joking aside, you have been putting out great products and the OGL / ORC thing is definitely something that will need your attention. Keep up the great work, and we will do our best to be patient.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I am betting that Dead God's Hand will be the final PF2 release before PF3 is announced. The thing that might convince me otherwise would be if Paizo actually offered to take that bet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Awww... Amazon Japan had this marked as "Available February 21-26" until it updated with "unavailable" yesterday, leading me to look into it further. Must have been a placeholder. My disappointment is immeasurable, but it's understandable.

It's back to making my own adventure in Absalom, with blackjack and hookers!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
fillerjest wrote:

Awww... Amazon Japan had this marked as "Available February 21-26" until it updated with "unavailable" yesterday, leading me to look into it further. Must have been a placeholder. My disappointment is immeasurable, but it's understandable.

It's back to making my own adventure in Absalom, with blackjack and hookers!

I'll be keen to find our why Blackjack has moved from Korvosa to Absalom :-D


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Calcryx666 wrote:


I'll be keen to find our why Blackjack has moved from Korvosa to Absalom :-D

Because of the hookers, obviously!

151 to 188 of 188 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Adventure: The Dead God's Hand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Product Discussion