Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide

3.60/5 (based on 14 ratings)
Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide

Backorder Hardcover $36.99

Add PDF $25.99

Facebook Twitter Email

Claim Your Destiny

This indispensable 136-page guidebook to the world of Pathfinder presents everything you need to know for a lifetime of adventure in the uncertain Age of Lost Omens. The god of humanity is dead and prophecy is broken, leaving adventuring heroes like you to carve their own destinies out of an uncertain future!

This gazetteer features 10 diverse regions packed with thrilling and deadly possibilities and is accompanied by a giant two-sided poster map depicting the heart of the Pathfinder setting.

ISBN: 978-1-64078-172-6

Online Resources: Rules and mechanics from this book can be accessed for free on Paizo's official online resource: Archives of Nethys. Click here!

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscription.

Product Availability

Hardcover:

Backorder

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9301


See Also:

1 to 5 of 14 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

3.60/5 (based on 14 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Not a Good Value Unless You're New to Pathfinder

1/5

Against my better judgment, I've been excitedly looking forward to the Lost Omens World Guide.

I should have known better.

Before delving into the issues here, let's focus on a couple of the positives:

- The art is gorgeous and very high-quality
- The layout and appearance of the books is excellent

Ready? On to the myriad issues:

- Why is Tanya Depass involved with this book? You would be forgiven for not knowing who that is. As far as I can tell, her only qualification is that she's a self-proclaimed "diversity consultant" to the gaming industry. What exactly does that mean, you ask? Tanya is a Queer Woman of Color (TM), checking three virtue-signalling diversity boxes for Paizo, and she wants to see more people like herself in gaming. You might be asking whether this is self-serving or perhaps racist and sexist, as Tanya herself would likely conclude if a straight white male was fighting to see more like himself in gaming. Well, no, of course it isn't! Why? Shhh...don't think too hard...

- The book bills itself as a "World Guide" and is 135 pages long. Compare this to Pathfinder first edition's "Inner Sea World Guide", which focused on the Inner Sea, a portion of Golarion's "world" at 318 pages and you'll begin to see the lack of detail in this book. Bear in mind, D&D 5E's Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide is 159 pages. That's 24 more pages for a small area of the Forgotten Realms. Yikes. So, one wonders why Paizo chose such a small page count. Would Paizo fans have not purchased a 300 - 400 page World Guide? Of course they would have. They just purchased a 620 pound doorstop of a Core Rulebook. A cynic might say that Paizo was looking out for their bottom line and wanted to hold a lot in reserve to sell again to their fanbase.

- There is a startlingly low amount of new information in this book for existing players of PF who are porting over to 2E. As a comparison, the section on Varisia in the ISWG from 1E was 4 pages. In LOWG? Try 1.5.

- The Paizo team decided to break the world down into "zones", where ostensibly, things are similar and you can explore certain adventure themes. So Varisia is now part of a zone called "The Saga Lands" for some reason. The book focuses on each of these zones while paying short thrift to countries or city-states within them. The one exception is Absalom.

- Apparently, all countries are exemplars of racial and gender equity. Yes, even city-states that just banned slavery. Yes, even devil-bound nations - "We may be evil, but we aren't /monsters/!"

Will update as a read more.


5/5


A Fresh Coat of Paint on Old Ideas

3/5

It's hard to review a book like the Lost Omens World Guide. It's an update to the already extant Inner Sea World Guide published many years ago and made the choice to incorporate the events of 10 years of adventure paths into the metaplot.

Without spoiling the content for the book, many of these choices are going to ruffle some feathers of players from 1st edition (Nirmathas, I'm looking at you) but by and large retained 1E players aren't the core demographic of the book. The mechanical content is sufficient and well-written but feels necessary to replace the decade worth of options and versatility thrown out with the coming of 2nd edition. It feels like there's nothing here for a returning customer.

A solid 90% of this book is made from content originally written years ago and provides little new perspectives. That said, the new content offered is good -- especially the Mwangi Expanse which receives a much needed overhaul in the ways it depicts people of color and their civilizations -- but new content is so few and far between as tobe easy to miss. It's a shame, because the parts in the book where the authors try something new or delve into new ideas are its best features, but when the book is retreading old concepts and locations it seriously falters. I can't help but feel setting Second Edition in a new part of the world would have been a more creatively fruitful and longer-lasting endeavor.

The choices for maps in the book are both curious and frustrating. The poster map included with the book features two versions of an Inner Sea map. One of which was originally created as a fan product and available in a higher-resolution quality (literally 10x the resolution in the book) for free in a thread on Reddit. Since Paizo purchased the rights to these maps they're no longer available in their original form, taking something that was free and made to the community and turned it into something locked behind a fee and only available at a lower quality. I question the choice to do that in as much as it impacts not only the art but also Paizo's relationships with its fans and customers.

All in all, this feels like a 97-page softcover spread out over a larger hardcover. The layout and overall design are solid, but the content is challenging to excite a long-time customer. This was a chance to draw me in with the world and keep my buying products, and it didn't manage to accomplish that task.

For someone who is a returning customer or has been a supporter of Paizo content since the Dragon Magazine days, this book feels superfluous which -- unfortunately -- much of 2nd edition seems to feel. Newer players may find more use in this.

It's hard to get excited about the world of Lost Omens because it feels like there's very little new under the sun.


Overpriced, under delivered

2/5

You don't need this book.

The mechanics take up too much space, and are not very good. Wait for them to be free (a fair price) online.

The campaign stuff that is the meat of the book is surprisingly sparse and is just an avoidable update to the cheaper and longer products that came before. Buy the APs that will give you the context you need, this big picture stuff at a too big price isn't necessary.

The art is...fine. Much is good, some is bad, some is recycled.


I had trouble deciding between 4 or 5 stars...

4/5

...But decided finally on 4 star. Not because of the 26 dollars for pdf vs 1e's setting book being 10 dollars, but because I'm not sure how useful this book is for newbie GMs in comparison to the original 1e setting book. More on that later since I will first go through stuff I liked.

So let's start with art: I think this is one of prettiest and most evocative Pathfinder books art wise. My only complaints is that Amiri's spine seems twisted in one pic and I recognize Lion Blade art being recycled character art from War for the Crown.

What this book is great for is for veteran Pathfinder GMs to learn new information about places not detailed(Isle of Kortos is most obvious example of this) as much before and learning 2e's default setting state for APs(and how some APs always affect world). Like learning how Worldwound's closing and Whispering Tyrant's return affected the world is really useful. Its also nice how Mwangi Expanse region is actually written from perspective of people native there.

I don't personally like all changes(nor do I really mind them), for example, I kinda hope Lord-Mayor Grobaras isn't actually dead :D He is such fun jerk to love to hate and humiliate. Maybe there was Lord-Mayor between him and current one? Also I'm bit confused by default state of Kevoth-Kul and "mysterious death of Technic League's captain". Like, it seems default canon party ignored Palace of Fallen Stars and sneaked to Technic League compound and assassinated Ozmyn? That is... Really hard thing to do and not really intuitive. Also, Zernebeth isn't mentioned at all :D Also find it weird that Gorilla King got killed during Serpent's Skull, but they didn't use continue the campaign article where he comes nascent demon lord.(its seems none of them are treated as canon outside of Lord of Runes pathfinder tales book referring to Shattered Star's one :P)

I also find it bit annoying that Hell's Vengeance article on war's effect on politics seems to be ignored in the book.

But yeah, my favourite articles to read were Golden Road, Impossible Lands and Mwangi Expanse :D Maybe its because I haven't read all 1e setting books, but something about these three articles especially resonated with me.

Now onto the thing I mentioned before: I'm not sure this book is as good for newbie GMs because this is more of macroscale politics book than small scale gazetteer book as original one 1e setting book was. Meaning that while you can spot names of settlements on map, newbie gm might still want to buy old 1e setting books to know more about cities and villages and towns and such. So while book is awesome, I don't think its as helpful to newbies as the "main" setting book. Still this is normal scale for lots of different setting books in different systems, so I guess lots of newbies might actually not feel like that.

But yeah, regardless, I love the book and feel hungry for more books and info :3


1 to 5 of 14 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
301 to 350 of 499 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Cori Marie wrote:
I don't ever remember the detailed world map being on the product page. And I absolutely accept that people will have differing views, but to tank a books rating because you dislike the decisions made in how to progress the world is weird.

It was advertized in the original product description and in the original blog post showcasing the book.

Can somebody please explain why the Golarion World map wasn't included and when IT's going to be released?

I don't mind paying extra for it as a map folio or something, but changing the description less than one week before street date and not explaining why the change was made and when it is going to be available is a bad decision.
This book has been printed and in stock for a while, not telling customers about the change, but changing a few words a few days before release could frankly said be seen as a deception.

EDIT:
I also don't understand the decision, as this book is advertized as a WORLD GUIDE and not as an "Inner Sea" guide as the first edition version was in it's two versions.
This is a Bad decision by Paizo imo and it should be corrected asap.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm still pretty excited to see what's in the book, the world map was never a huge selling point for me (though the small one in the Core Rulebook looks gorgeous!).

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I didn’t even know we were supposed to get a map.

Or completely forgot if I did.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Marco Massoudi wrote:

It was advertized in the original product description and in the original blog post showcasing the book.

Can somebody please explain why the Golarion World map wasn't included and when IT's going to be released?

They answered the first question.

Luis Loza wrote:
The original intent was to reproduce the global map featured in the Core Rulebook, but the book just had too much awesome stuff going in, so we couldn't fit it in.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

The original blog post makes no mention of a world map? It also makes it very clear that this is going to be an inner sea heavy book.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I do remember something about the huge poster map world map being mentioned somewhere, but not where. I think devs mentioned not being able to fit it after all at some point too

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

So wait, is there any sort of poster map at all included?
I was told that this is $2 more than the other Lost Omens books specifically because of the "giant two-sided poster map depicting the heart of the Pathfinder setting."
Can anyone who has received a hard copy confirm if there is a map inside?

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Marco Massoudi wrote:

EDIT:

I also don't understand the decision, as this book is advertized as a WORLD GUIDE and not as an "Inner Sea" guide as the first edition version was in it's two versions.
This is a Bad decision by Paizo imo and it should be corrected asap.

Uh, the 1st Edition version was called the Inner Sea World Guide.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

There have been discussions about a large scale map of the world in several places. It was mentioned, iirc, by James Jacobs at least once as being planned for an early 2E product, probably this one.

I do think announcing "oh, we aren't including it in here" a week or two before release is a bit tacky. I don't know what the lead time is for something like this, but if it's to be printed on the other side of the world and shipped here I'd expect at least a couple of months, and probably longer. So I do wish they'd told us sooner — not that it would make any difference to whether I buy the book. And I will look forward to seeing it someday.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Grumpus wrote:

So wait, is there any sort of poster map at all included?

I was told that this is $2 more than the other Lost Omens books specifically because of the "giant two-sided poster map depicting the heart of the Pathfinder setting."
Can anyone who has received a hard copy confirm if there is a map inside?

There is a map. It's two sided of the Inner Sea Region. I don't think they ever planned a poster of the whole world, but they did plan to include the same map that is in the Core Rulebook, probably in the chapter that covers the rest of the world and the other planets and planes.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I would like to see "Atlas Golarion": a collection of maps of the entire world, at a scale at which Varisia, say, might fit on one map sheet. Something like the USGS survey maps would be nice. :-)


^ Oh, let's not stop there!

An atlas collection in the style of Karen Wynn Fonstad's (which could include many of the principal journeys/routes/buildings of key adventure paths) would be quite incredible, too!
(And probably infeasible, alas...)

:D

Carry on,

--C.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I dunno about infeasible. It would be a big project. Like this one. :-)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

And probably unprofitable given the map folio sales.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yeah, sadly they and art books do no do so well :(


Unfortunately...


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Actually, I wouldn't even want them to publish a detailed world map at this point. That would only lock them into whatever they come up with right now and possibly prevent things that they might need for cool now adventure ideas later. I say, let them develop the world as they go, and maybe publish continent maps once they are basically "done" with a continent. That's good enough for me, and I think for the better for the development of the game world.


I am curious about one aspect if someone with the new World Guide has it; Any info on the currents goings on in Ustalav?


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
I am curious about one aspect if someone with the new World Guide has it; Any info on the currents goings on in Ustalav?

Mostly down river to the lake...

<.<

>.>

*flees thread*

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Yeah, sadly they and art books do no do so well :(

To be fair, I didn't realize for long time that map folios actually included new original maps and not just colelction of AP's maps in single pdf or poster map version of some of APs maps :P Paizo never really made it super obvious what content of map folios are

(And artbooks come with rather big shipping cost to europe :'D I STILL am planning to buy the dragon magazine one, but pdfs are expensive too in 2e...)

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Hold up. When did Haldmeer Grobaras buy the farm? Is it detailed anywhere?

Dark Archive

Anorak wrote:
Hold up. When did Haldmeer Grobaras buy the farm? Is it detailed anywhere?

Apparently after problems in Magnimar, he decided to get out of there before something else happens and retire from mayor position :p I don't think its detailed anywhere, but it was mentioned by devs

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cori Marie wrote:
Marco Massoudi wrote:
Cori Marie wrote:
I don't ever remember the detailed world map being on the product page. And I absolutely accept that people will have differing views, but to tank a books rating because you dislike the decisions made in how to progress the world is weird.

It was advertized in the original product description and in the original blog post showcasing the book.

Can somebody please explain why the Golarion World map wasn't included and when IT's going to be released?

I don't mind paying extra for it as a map folio or something, but changing the description less than one week before street date and not explaining why the change was made and when it is going to be available is a bad decision.
This book has been printed and in stock for a while, not telling customers about the change, but changing a few words a few days before release could frankly said be seen as a deception.

EDIT:
I also don't understand the decision, as this book is advertized as a WORLD GUIDE and not as an "Inner Sea" guide as the first edition version was in it's two versions.
This is a Bad decision by Paizo imo and it should be corrected asap.

Its in the core rulebook. So actually got released before this book. Have at it.

Telling me to look into a years old product, which i own since it came out is not the kind of class i expect from a Paizo employee.

I know about that map of course, but it is very rough and James Jacobs said (i don't know where exactly), that a new map was planned for this book.
Again, it's not a problem if things don't work out sometimes, but it would be nice to be told about such changes in a timely manner and not just to quietly change a product description a few days before release date.
Thank you.

Dark Archive

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Marco Massoudi wrote:
Cori Marie wrote:
Marco Massoudi wrote:
Cori Marie wrote:
I don't ever remember the detailed world map being on the product page. And I absolutely accept that people will have differing views, but to tank a books rating because you dislike the decisions made in how to progress the world is weird.

It was advertized in the original product description and in the original blog post showcasing the book.

Can somebody please explain why the Golarion World map wasn't included and when IT's going to be released?

I don't mind paying extra for it as a map folio or something, but changing the description less than one week before street date and not explaining why the change was made and when it is going to be available is a bad decision.
This book has been printed and in stock for a while, not telling customers about the change, but changing a few words a few days before release could frankly said be seen as a deception.

EDIT:
I also don't understand the decision, as this book is advertized as a WORLD GUIDE and not as an "Inner Sea" guide as the first edition version was in it's two versions.
This is a Bad decision by Paizo imo and it should be corrected asap.

Its in the core rulebook. So actually got released before this book. Have at it.

Telling me to look into a years old product, which i own since it came out is not the kind of class i expect from a Paizo employee.

I know about that map of course, but it is very rough and James Jacobs said (i don't know where exactly), that a new map was planned for this book.
Again, it's not a problem if things don't work out sometimes, but it would be nice to be told about such changes in a timely manner and not just to quietly change a product description a few days before release date.
Thank you.

Umm, who are you talking about? Neither you nor Cori Marie works for paizo O_o;

Grand Lodge

9 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Marco Massoudi wrote:
Telling me to look into a years old product, which i own since it came out is not the kind of class i expect from a Paizo employee.

Marco, it's in the 2E Core Rulebook, which just released.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

That’s years old in TTRPG time.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

How....how the hell did he not realize you all meant the 2e Rulebook, which has an actual map in it.

I will say I am kind of disappointed we aren’t getting the full thing up in poster form...I get the Inner Sea is important and all but I’d really like to see more of Golarion.

Silver Crusade

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

I'm still waiting on them producing an actual beach ball Golarion Globe.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
CorvusMask wrote:
Umm, who are you talking about? Neither you nor Cori Marie works for paizo O_o;

He's probably mistaking Cori Marie for Sara Marie.

Silver Crusade

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

It's very easy, they're both awesome.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Franz Lunzer wrote:
I'm still waiting on them producing an actual beach ball Golarion Globe.

I don't know about a beach ball, but I'd buy a Golarion desktop globe. Sadly the demand for this is exceedingly small, so any such globes created would likely all be custom. While there are places online to make digital globes with custom maps I've yet to find one that will make such a physical globe.

Scarab Sages

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

So, I just got my Digital sub.

It comes with a Seperate Inner Sea Poster map. Each section has a more thorough map of the region at the front of the section, and the back of the section is a 2 page spread of Backgrounds on the left page and an archetype on the right (student of perfection, red mantis assassin, lion Blade, Living Monolith, those sorts of archetypes). Scattered about the book are little crunch bits like the Sun Orchid Elixir (now a rare level 20 consumable, not an artifact), Aldori Dueling Swords, and the Final Blades of Galt (still artifacts). Also some spells and feats, like Snowball.

Each region has its own timeline as does the inner sea as a whole, and each country has its own blurb in the region write up. They also include head shots of Important NPCs in each region (usually the new rulers). And for those who played Pathfinder: Kingmaker? Jubilost, Lander Lebda, and Jamandi Aldori all have art in the book.


JUBILOST!!!!!!!

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Marco Massoudi wrote:
Cori Marie wrote:
Marco Massoudi wrote:
Cori Marie wrote:
I don't ever remember the detailed world map being on the product page. And I absolutely accept that people will have differing views, but to tank a books rating because you dislike the decisions made in how to progress the world is weird.

It was advertized in the original product description and in the original blog post showcasing the book.

Can somebody please explain why the Golarion World map wasn't included and when IT's going to be released?

I don't mind paying extra for it as a map folio or something, but changing the description less than one week before street date and not explaining why the change was made and when it is going to be available is a bad decision.
This book has been printed and in stock for a while, not telling customers about the change, but changing a few words a few days before release could frankly said be seen as a deception.

EDIT:
I also don't understand the decision, as this book is advertized as a WORLD GUIDE and not as an "Inner Sea" guide as the first edition version was in it's two versions.
This is a Bad decision by Paizo imo and it should be corrected asap.

Its in the core rulebook. So actually got released before this book. Have at it.

Telling me to look into a years old product, which i own since it came out is not the kind of class i expect from a Paizo employee.

I know about that map of course, but it is very rough and James Jacobs said (i don't know where exactly), that a new map was planned for this book.
Again, it's not a problem if things don't work out sometimes, but it would be nice to be told about such changes in a timely manner and not just to quietly change a product description a few days before release date.
Thank you.

A. I'm not a Paizo employee, just an avid enthusiast of their product.

B. I was not talking about a years old product. I was talking about the Second Edition Core Rulebook. The one that came out less than a month ago. The map in question can be found on page 418, complete with four globe spins to show how it rotates.

Rysky wrote:
It's very easy, they're both awesome.

D'awww

Shadow Lodge

9 people marked this as a favorite.

No one ever mistakes me for an employee...

Contributor

8 people marked this as a favorite.

Too many Maries!

(It’s a joke. Exactly the right number of Maries.)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
TOZ wrote:
No one ever mistakes me for an employee...

Maybe if the o and z were lower case.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
TOZ wrote:
No one ever mistakes me for an employee...
Maybe if the o and z were lower case.

With an 'mo' added to the end - but then, people may start blaming you for everything for some inexplicable reason...

;)

--C.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is there any kind of preview somewhere for this book? The product description is lacking in information.

What kind of content will I get? I guess each region will feature important cities/locations with their populations/religions/etc.

What else? Important people? Major events? Organisations? Fauna/flora? Story hooks for quests?

Thanks!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Fireflash51 wrote:

Is there any kind of preview somewhere for this book? The product description is lacking in information.

What kind of content will I get? I guess each region will feature important cities/locations with their populations/religions/etc.

What else? Important people? Major events? Organisations? Fauna/flora? Story hooks for quests?

Thanks!

They previewed this book pretty heavily in the blog before GenCon.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

The Paizo Blogs have been going over the contents of the book over the past weeks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fumarole wrote:
Franz Lunzer wrote:
I'm still waiting on them producing an actual beach ball Golarion Globe.
I don't know about a beach ball, but I'd buy a Golarion desktop globe. Sadly the demand for this is exceedingly small, so any such globes created would likely all be custom. While there are places online to make digital globes with custom maps I've yet to find one that will make such a physical globe.

I would love having a small one on my desk. What a great conversation piece.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Gisher wrote:
Fumarole wrote:
Franz Lunzer wrote:
I'm still waiting on them producing an actual beach ball Golarion Globe.
I don't know about a beach ball, but I'd buy a Golarion desktop globe. Sadly the demand for this is exceedingly small, so any such globes created would likely all be custom. While there are places online to make digital globes with custom maps I've yet to find one that will make such a physical globe.
I would love having a small one on my desk. What a great conversation piece.

A few years ago Target had a chalkboard globe they sold for Graduation. I bought one and used metallic sharpies to draw the old poor quality map of the world on it. IKEA currently has black globes available that could be used for the same purpose. I may try printing the map out large enough to do that.


What time will the PDF be available ;_;


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cori Marie wrote:
Gisher wrote:
Fumarole wrote:
Franz Lunzer wrote:
I'm still waiting on them producing an actual beach ball Golarion Globe.
I don't know about a beach ball, but I'd buy a Golarion desktop globe. Sadly the demand for this is exceedingly small, so any such globes created would likely all be custom. While there are places online to make digital globes with custom maps I've yet to find one that will make such a physical globe.
I would love having a small one on my desk. What a great conversation piece.
A few years ago Target had a chalkboard globe they sold for Graduation. I bought one and used metallic sharpies to draw the old poor quality map of the world on it. IKEA currently has black globes available that could be used for the same purpose. I may try printing the map out large enough to do that.

Fun idea. I can hear it now:

Student: I think your globe is messed up.
Me: That's not Earth.


Michael Pitts 641 wrote:
What time will the PDF be available ;_;

Good question. They used to pop up at midnight, but the new CRB wasn't available until later in the day. I'm not sure whether that was an aberration or the signal of a new practice.


Gisher wrote:
Michael Pitts 641 wrote:
What time will the PDF be available ;_;
Good question. They used to pop up at midnight, but the new CRB wasn't available until later in the day. I'm not sure whether that was an aberration or the signal of a new practice.

I hope that was tied to GenCon, that is was avaliable around the time that the doors to GenCon opened, that is atleast what I hope, which means we will be getting them at Midnight

301 to 350 of 499 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.