Pathfinder Society Scenario #10-98: Siege of Gallowspire

***** (based on 1 rating)

Our Price: $4.99

Will be available
Facebook Twitter Email

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 5–16, as well as Aid Characters (see below).

For a millennium, Golarion rested safe in the knowledge that history's most infamous lich, the Whispering Tyrant, was securely locked away. After a cataclysmic explosion sundered his prison, the Tyrant roams free once more. But he didn’t simply abandon his prison. Deep beneath the ground, behind nearly impenetrable magical wards, he has set in motion a necromantic ritual of extraordinary power. It's up to the Pathfinders to battle the Tyrant's guardians, break the wards, and stop the ritual that could make him unstoppable. Along the way, they’ll discover what secrets the Tyrant wanted to protect and keep from falling into his enemies' hands.

This scenario has two difficulty levels: Soldier and Champion. "Champion" is a considerably more challenging version of the adventure.

Aid Characters: Players can bring up to three additional characters of level 5 or higher to participate in this special scenario. Aid characters generate benefits to help other tables, and they can participate in special Aid Missions during the scenario. Players do not need all of their Chronicle sheets for their Aid Characters—they only need each Aid Characters' most recently earned Chronicle sheet.

Written by Brian Duckwitz

Product Availability

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZOPSS1098E


See Also:

Average product rating:

***** (based on 1 rating)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Certainty of death. Small chance of success.

*****

A great story, challenging encounters, an epic final boss battle,
A fitting finale. If you only play one scenario this year this is the one.


Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

We're in the endgame now...

Grand Lodge

What’s the highest level an aid character can be? It doesn’t say in the description. Nor does it talk about what level of pregens you’re allowed access to if you don’t have enough for yourself.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

"You can bring up to three additional PCs of level 5-20 to the game. These PCs are called Aid Characters. Aid Characters can generate more powerful aid tokens, and they can also participate in special Aid Missions."

"If you don't have PCs at the appropriate level, you can instead enlist the aid of 4th level NPC Pathfinders by using the iconic pregenerated characters. These NPCs aren't as capable as your own PCs would be, but they can still help out."

Link.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

This looks fantastic. Sadly, I'll probably never have a good opportunity to experience it.

Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm sure it will run in Play-by-Post; you could catch it then!

Paizo Employee Developer

Maps that Appear in this Scenario:

Pathfinder Flip Mat Classics: Woodlands (side with the river and the stump)
Pathfinder Flip Mat: Arcane Library (front side, with one big library instead of separate spaces)
Pathfinder Flip Mat: Wicked Dungeon (lava river side)
Custom Half-Page Map (from AP #142: Gardens of Gallowspire)
Custom Full-Page Map (new)

Scarab Sages

Is this a multi-table interactive? If yes, what is the table minimum?

The Exchange

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Well that's an annoying set of maps.

Paizo Employee Developer

JohannVonUlm wrote:

Is this a multi-table interactive? If yes, what is the table minimum?

It is a multitable interactive for 5 or more tables.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

So is this scenario the grand finale for PFS 1st edition?

Grand Lodge

Feeroper wrote:
So is this scenario the grand finale for PFS 1st edition?

Yes.

Scarab Sages

Linda Zayas-Palmer wrote:
JohannVonUlm wrote:

Is this a multi-table interactive? If yes, what is the table minimum?

It is a multitable interactive for 5 or more tables.

Thanks Linda, but I have to follow-up. On her blog post for convention events, Tonya posted:

Tonya Woldridge wrote:
For those of you not traveling to any of the conventions listed above, both Starfinder Society #2-00: Fate of the Scoured God and Pathfinder Society #10-98: Siege of Gallowspire are available after August 4 for conventions running 3-concurrent tables.

So can we confirm 3 or 5 as the table minimum? It makes a big difference for our smaller local conventions between being playable or possibly skipping it. As the capstone scenario to 1st ed, I'd love for it to be more accessible than a 5 table minimum.


Can this be played with a pre-gen as your primary character? I'm new to PFS and expect I will have a level 2 or 3 character by GenCon, where I hope to play this, but unlikely to make level 5.

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

It has been said you can play a 7th level pregen.

Paizo Employee Developer

JohannVonUlm wrote:
Linda Zayas-Palmer wrote:
JohannVonUlm wrote:

Is this a multi-table interactive? If yes, what is the table minimum?

It is a multitable interactive for 5 or more tables.

Thanks Linda, but I have to follow-up. On her blog post for convention events, Tonya posted:

Tonya Woldridge wrote:
For those of you not traveling to any of the conventions listed above, both Starfinder Society #2-00: Fate of the Scoured God and Pathfinder Society #10-98: Siege of Gallowspire are available after August 4 for conventions running 3-concurrent tables.
So can we confirm 3 or 5 as the table minimum? It makes a big difference for our smaller local conventions between being playable or possibly skipping it. As the capstone scenario to 1st ed, I'd love for it to be more accessible than a 5 table minimum.

10-98 has a 5-table minimum. A three-table minimum is a great baseline for convention accessibility, and it’s what you’ll see for Starfinder Special #2-00 this year. However, some of the mechanics added to 10-98 to make it a more satisfying finale for the entire campaign, such as the Aid Character mechanics and the difficulty options tied to branching objectives, require more tables to support.

Scarab Sages

Linda Zayas-Palmer wrote:
JohannVonUlm wrote:
Linda Zayas-Palmer wrote:
JohannVonUlm wrote:

Is this a multi-table interactive? If yes, what is the table minimum?

It is a multitable interactive for 5 or more tables.

Thanks Linda, but I have to follow-up. On her blog post for convention events, Tonya posted:

Tonya Woldridge wrote:
For those of you not traveling to any of the conventions listed above, both Starfinder Society #2-00: Fate of the Scoured God and Pathfinder Society #10-98: Siege of Gallowspire are available after August 4 for conventions running 3-concurrent tables.
So can we confirm 3 or 5 as the table minimum? It makes a big difference for our smaller local conventions between being playable or possibly skipping it. As the capstone scenario to 1st ed, I'd love for it to be more accessible than a 5 table minimum.
10-98 has a 5-table minimum. A three-table minimum is a great baseline for convention accessibility, and it’s what you’ll see for Starfinder Special #2-00 this year. However, some of the mechanics added to 10-98 to make it a more satisfying finale for the entire campaign, such as the Aid Character mechanics and the difficulty options tied to branching objectives, require more tables to support.

I appreciate the answer Linda, even if it's not the one I was hoping for. Five tables can be hard for a smaller local convention to meet.

Grand Lodge

I've notice at both Origins and GenCon that there are not tables for characters level 9 (or 14). There are 5-6, 7-8, 10-11, 12-13, 15-16. What should I do if my character I want to run will be 9 at that time?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Characters at level 9 and 14 may play in either the sub-tier below or above. For this scenario, it is recommended that they play in the sub-tier below given that Soldier is slightly harder than normal and Champion is effectively hard mode.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Linda Zayas-Palmer wrote:
Spoiler:
Custom Half-Page Map (from AP #142: Gardens of Gallowspire)

Spoiler:
Can we get clarification on which map? I'm guessing page 24 or 32.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I no longer regret failing to get a Champion ticket at GenCon.

The Exchange

Had the pleasure to play this at Paizocon over the weekend in the 15-16 champion tier. The scenario is a more than worthy send-off to the first edition society campaign with memorable fights at all levels.


Much like the scoured stars now we know why there's no high level pathfinders anymore...

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Society Scenario #10-98: Siege of Gallowspire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.