Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Core Set

Our Price: $59.99

Preorder expected May 2019

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Your Adventure Begins Here!

Belhaim's tower has just collapsed, its wizard is missing, and local kobolds are whispering the name of a long dead draconic nemesis. And that's just your first day in town...

This complete cooperative strategy game pits 1 to 4 players against monsters, perils, and traps as you become the heroes of Belhaim. As the town's new champions, an unending world of adventure awaits. Choose your character's class; build a deck of equipment, magic, and allies; and explore lethal locations as you journey through an exciting fantasy tale. As your adventures continue, your characters add remarkable gear and breathtaking magic to their decks as they gain incredible powers, all of which they'll need to challenge more and more powerful threats.

This set includes the storybook and cards for The Dragon's Demand Adventure Path as well as a modular core for infinite scenarios that allows you to control the difficulty and speed of play. Supplement your experience with the Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path, Character Decks, the Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild, and Pathfinder Adventure Card Game accessories (sold separately).

The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Core Set includes:

  • 440 cards featuring a wide array of powerful weapons, magical spells, protective armors, versatile items, helpful allies, and divine blessings to help you face a host of vicious monsters, dangerous barriers, vile scourges, and perilous wildcards
  • 12 character pawns representing Pathfinder's iconic character classes from the classic human cleric Kyra to the new goblin alchemist Fumbus
  • A complete set of 5 polyhedral dice
  • 63 colorful tokens for tracking scourges and secondary objectives
  • 1 4-page quick-start guide
  • 1 32-page rulebook
  • 1 24-page storybook featuring The Dragon's Demand Adventure Path

978-1-64078-147-4

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Subscription.

Product Availability

Preorder, expected approximately 16 May 2019

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO6040


See Also:



Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Paizo Employee Webstore Coordinator

Announced for May! Image and description are provisional and subject to change prior to release.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Oooo...Earlier than I'd thought!

Hmm. Am I missing it somewhere? I can't see if it's included with one of the subscriptions (I presume so, but just to be doubly sure).

Dark Archive

So "Dragon's Demand" is the new Core Card Set.
Nice to see that Mike Selinker gets his due & that "Fumbus the iconic Goblin Alchemist" from the Pathfinder Playtest is included.

Lone Shark Games

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Marco Massoudi wrote:
Nice to see that Mike Selinker gets his due

The new box tops not only say "A game by Mike Selinker" but the names of all the designers of that set as well. In this case, I'm joined by Chad Brown, Keith Richmond, Liz Spain, and Aviva Schecterson.

Dark Archive

How does this interact with older products? For example if I found a random prior adventure path deck, say Runelords part 3. Would I be able to use that with the Core set or would I still need to track down the original ROTR boxed set as well?


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Great to see it! I am also curious about it be added to the current subscription, or if it will need to be purchased separately.

Paizo Employee Chief Operations Officer

Elorebaen wrote:
Great to see it! I am also curious about it be added to the current subscription, or if it will need to be purchased separately.

Hey Elorebaen, it should be the next item in the ACG sub for everyone currently subscribed and everyone that subscribes between now and it's release in May.

Lone Shark Games

Davor Firetusk wrote:
How does this interact with older products? For example if I found a random prior adventure path deck, say Runelords part 3. Would I be able to use that with the Core set or would I still need to track down the original ROTR boxed set as well?

That's an interesting question. The new rules and characters and such all work with Rise of the Runelords, but we always assumed that anyone who wanted to do that would have the Runelords base set. In theory it should work just fine to just play Hook Mountain Massacre (Runelords 3) with the new set, but if you, say, played Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth (Wrath of the Righteous 5), you'd probably be advised to get the base set for its mythic paths and charge tokens.

Dark Archive

Thanks


Pathfinder Card Game, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Will there be a character deck expansion so you can play Dragon's Demand with 6 players?

Paizo Employee Chief Operations Officer

VitaminP3 wrote:
Will there be a character deck expansion so you can play Dragon's Demand with 6 players?

Hey VitaminP3, Unfortunately we do not have any plans currently to publish a character expansion deck for the Dragon's Demand adventure in the ACG Core Set.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
Jeff Alvarez wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:
Great to see it! I am also curious about it be added to the current subscription, or if it will need to be purchased separately.
Hey Elorebaen, it should be the next item in the ACG sub for everyone currently subscribed and everyone that subscribes between now and it's release in May.

Thanks Jeff!


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Mike Selinker wrote:
Davor Firetusk wrote:
How does this interact with older products? For example if I found a random prior adventure path deck, say Runelords part 3. Would I be able to use that with the Core set or would I still need to track down the original ROTR boxed set as well?
That's an interesting question. The new rules and characters and such all work with Rise of the Runelords, but we always assumed that anyone who wanted to do that would have the Runelords base set. In theory it should work just fine to just play Hook Mountain Massacre (Runelords 3) with the new set, but if you, say, played Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth (Wrath of the Righteous 5), you'd probably be advised to get the base set for its mythic paths and charge tokens.

You might need some of the B or 1 level locations from Rise of the Runelords too.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I see that it says you can control the difficutly and speed of play. I would like to know more about this concept. I know my gaming group didn't like the difficulty of Wrath. In fact we gave up on it. We loved Rise though. If available, would someone kindly let me know where more details on how we can control the difficulty is executed?


Pathfinder Card Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Agradeleous wrote:
I see that it says you can control the difficutly and speed of play. I would like to know more about this concept. I know my gaming group didn't like the difficulty of Wrath. In fact we gave up on it. We loved Rise though. If available, would someone kindly let me know where more details on how we can control the difficulty is executed?

There was a blog post about this topic a few months ago:

Core Principles: Varying the Challenge in the Pathfinder ACG


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Elinnea wrote:
Agradeleous wrote:
I see that it says you can control the difficutly and speed of play. I would like to know more about this concept. I know my gaming group didn't like the difficulty of Wrath. In fact we gave up on it. We loved Rise though. If available, would someone kindly let me know where more details on how we can control the difficulty is executed?

There was a blog post about this topic a few months ago:

[url=https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sgds?Core-Principles-Varying-the-Challenge-in-the]Core Principles: Varying the Challenge in the Pathfinder

I just learned about the new PACG coming this past Sunday. Thank you for the link.

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Core Set All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.