Starfinder Adventure Path #16: The Blind City (Dawn of Flame 4 of 6)

Starfinder Adventure Path #16: The Blind City (Dawn of Flame 4 of 6)

Add Print Edition $22.99

Add PDF $15.99

Facebook Twitter Email

Trapped in the Dark

When the heroes seek an expert to translate an ancient, eldritch tablet, a sinister cult strikes from out of the shadows, intent on destroying the relic and all who know of its existence. After facing off against these zealots and deciphering the tablet, the heroes learn of another deep-sun locale called Ezorod—and the evil elder entity that has focused its attention there. The heroes quickly discover that the tablet is both a map and a key to Ezorod, allowing them to enter and explore this weird and lightless oubliette. There they will encounter ghastly creatures and uncover sophisticated technology that could advance sun-diving by light-years. But even if the PCs manage to escape the deadly solar dungeon, they'll be forced to wonder about the malevolent being they have unleashed upon the galaxy—even as they receive a mysterious message heralding a future confrontation!

This volume of Starfinder Adventure Path continues the Dawn of Flame Adventure Path and includes:

  • "The Blind City," a Starfinder adventure for 7th-level characters, by Ron Lundeen.
  • A peek into several cults of the galaxy, along with a cult hunter character theme, by Lyz Liddell.
  • A catalog of strange gear from across known space, including bizarre artifacts, by Leo Glass.
  • An archive of fiery threats—some of which burn both the body and the soul—from cruel dimensional shamblers to the mischievous magmins, by David Gregoire, Violet Hargrave, and Ron Lundeen.
  • Deck plans and statistics for an efreeti warship and a survey of a world in the Vast that shines its own light into the void, both by Ron Lundeen.

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-130-6

Note: This product is part of the Starfinder Adventure Path Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO7216


See Also:

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Scarab Sages Webstore Coordinator

Announced for May! Product image and description are not final and are subject to change.

Dark Archive

Cultists of Azathoth & an ancient lightless city sound like solid lovecraftian fun.

Dark Archive

Kinda weird that fight against someone who is trying to become a god will end around level 12 it seems ._.;

Paizo Employee Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Marco Massoudi wrote:
Cultists of Azathoth & an ancient lightless city sound like solid lovecraftian fun.

Yes! This is the most Lovecraftian fun I've had since writing for the Strange Aeons AP!


Cough...Cough... Wandrei's Fire Vampires and Long's Space Eaters (among other things, Muwahahahahahahahahaaa!) would be welcome Additions to the Golarion/Absalom Station Universe.

Product Description wrote:
evil elder entity

Fthaggua? Cthugha? Edit:a previous volume I didn't notice called it Malikah

Ron Lundeen wrote:
This is the most Lovecraftian fun I've had since writing for the Strange Aeons AP!

Ron, I know you guys at Paizo do well with Lovecraftian themes in Pathfinder with the Carrion Crown, Carrion Hill, and Strange Aeons, as well as several Bestiary entries, so I expect big things, and since you said you had fun writing it, I think it might have some dire implications if the players lose. Also, I just want you to know that Strange Aeons had the most well-rounded Aberration-heavy bestiary of every six-part AP I've ever read, and that's saying a lot, you guys were only missing three creature types after volume 6.

Paizo Employee Developer

6 people marked this as a favorite.
AmbassadoroftheDominion wrote:
Ron, I know you guys at Paizo do well with Lovecraftian themes in Pathfinder with the Carrion Crown, Carrion Hill, and Strange Aeons, as well as several Bestiary entries, so I expect big things, and since you said you had fun writing it, I think it might have some dire implications if the players lose.

Heck, it might have some dire implications if the players *win*!


I think this one is due for an update.


That is a *sexy* new cover, I like!

Dark Archive

...Are some of those shirren skeletons?

Like shouldn't they be exoskeletons? Insects don't have skeletons ._.


Those are exoskeletons...

Dark Archive

But umm, that looks like bone and not something made out of chitin

Paizo Employee Developer

CorvusMask wrote:

...Are some of those shirren skeletons?

Like shouldn't they be exoskeletons? Insects don't have skeletons ._.

That's Keskodai! Who is not a skeleton, and resents the implication. :-)

Dark Archive

Ron Lundeen wrote:
CorvusMask wrote:

...Are some of those shirren skeletons?

Like shouldn't they be exoskeletons? Insects don't have skeletons ._.

That's Keskodai! Who is not a skeleton, and resents the implication. :-)

I was thinking of skeleton between Keskodai's right hand and Iseph's head :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CorvusMask wrote:
But umm, that looks like bone and not something made out of chitin

I mean to me all the skeletons look like metal.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Elves are so grumpy in Starfinder! :P


Anorak wrote:
Elves are so grumpy in Starfinder! :P

I know! I love it!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I love the bestiary in this volume. Amazing.

Dark Archive

Mimski wrote:
I love the bestiary in this volume. Amazing.

Can you share the names, type & CR? ;-)

Dark Archive

I am especially interested in he Dimensional Shambler, a lovecraftean creature that we don´t have in Pathfinder if i am right.


Marco Massoudi wrote:
I am especially interested in he Dimensional Shambler, a lovecraftean creature that we don´t have in Pathfinder if i am right.

You are not. The dimensional shambler was featured in Carrion Crown #4: Wake of the Watcher.

The Exchange

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

alien archive:

Dimensional shambler CR 8 Outsider
Magma ooze CR 7 Ooze
Magmin CR 3 Outsider
Pyric Harbinger CR 8 Aberration
Pyric Heliacus CR 10 Undead
Pyric revenant CR 4 Undead
Pyric Wraith CR 6 Undead


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Love" The Forgiven, since that highlights a lot of the issues I have with Sarenrae and her religion.

Also, SKITTERMANDER GUMMI VITAMINS!!!!

Paizo Employee Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

More like GIANT skittermander gummy vitamins!


Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:

"Love" The Forgiven, since that highlights a lot of the issues I have with Sarenrae and her religion.

Also, SKITTERMANDER GUMMI VITAMINS!!!!

The Forgiven?


Jason Keeley wrote:
More like GIANT skittermander gummy vitamins!

HOOOOOOOOLY crap i missed that, these things are awesome!


VerBeeker wrote:
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:

"Love" The Forgiven, since that highlights a lot of the issues I have with Sarenrae and her religion.

Also, SKITTERMANDER GUMMI VITAMINS!!!!

The Forgiven?

A cult within the Saranite religion, their thing is a warped importance of forgiveness, namely it’s the most important thing so we can do whatever we please and we can get forgiven for it, win-win.

Dark Archive

Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
VerBeeker wrote:
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:

"Love" The Forgiven, since that highlights a lot of the issues I have with Sarenrae and her religion.

Also, SKITTERMANDER GUMMI VITAMINS!!!!

The Forgiven?
A cult within the Saranite religion, their thing is a warped importance of forgiveness, namely it’s the most important thing so we can do whatever we please and we can get forgiven for it, win-win.

Umm, isn't that more of Shelyn thing?

I mean, Sarenites come across as more "Repent or burn!" type thing when made extreme


CorvusMask wrote:
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
VerBeeker wrote:
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:

"Love" The Forgiven, since that highlights a lot of the issues I have with Sarenrae and her religion.

Also, SKITTERMANDER GUMMI VITAMINS!!!!

The Forgiven?
A cult within the Saranite religion, their thing is a warped importance of forgiveness, namely it’s the most important thing so we can do whatever we please and we can get forgiven for it, win-win.

Umm, isn't that more of Shelyn thing?

I mean, Sarenites come across as more "Repent or burn!" type thing when made extreme

Emphasis on “extreme”.

Sarenrae’s main thing is redemption.

Dark Archive

Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
CorvusMask wrote:
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
VerBeeker wrote:
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:

"Love" The Forgiven, since that highlights a lot of the issues I have with Sarenrae and her religion.

Also, SKITTERMANDER GUMMI VITAMINS!!!!

The Forgiven?
A cult within the Saranite religion, their thing is a warped importance of forgiveness, namely it’s the most important thing so we can do whatever we please and we can get forgiven for it, win-win.

Umm, isn't that more of Shelyn thing?

I mean, Sarenites come across as more "Repent or burn!" type thing when made extreme

Emphasis on “extreme”.

Sarenrae’s main thing is redemption.

Well, yeah, but it also comes with "If evil doesn't accept redemption, wipe out the evil" aspect. Like Sarenite faith is basically martial faith where redemption focus comes with "if they CAN be redeemed, they should be redeemed"

I guess the redemption IS the main advertisement for the religion though so makes sense from that aspect I guess. I've just noticed from Tristian in CRPG version how many times he also proposes something like "I don't think we can trust these evildoers so we should just bring justice upon them" and other type of comments where he applauds you for showing mercy and patience in situations where he wouldn't.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Tristian isn't a good example for a typical follower of Sarenrae.


You’re thinking of the Cult of the Dawnflower, most Sarenites don’t actually want to give “justice” to their enemies they want to see them revoke their evil ways just as the Godess does for several of her enemies.

Also Tristian is a little lying sneak and I love him but there is a reason he’s stuck as a human.

Dark Archive

I mean, considering who he actually is, shouldn't he be the most accurate follower of Sarenrae even with all his failings? Then again

Spoiler:
Paizo does seem to treat celestial personalities kinda badly :p Hard to find ones who aren't kind of extreme

Anyway, all of the things about redemption and justice I said were things from the wikipedia article, I could go check Inner Sea Gods next though. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding something


Yeah I would go with the actual book rather than a Wiki synopsis.


.... why did it use that alias???

Dark Archive

Ummm... Does wikis make your blood rage?

Anyhoo, I think the Sarenrae conversation is probably derail for a product thread, so I'm gonna PM stuff I found, but yeah, I found lots of support for the "Good is not soft" approach: The book basically says that she is really patient and always tries to offer mercy first, but is merciless when faced with irredeemable.

Either way, Forgiven sound really heretic like which I guess is the intention yeah.


Yeah that is definitely the intention, they’re in the cults sections.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm one of the authors of this project.
Excited about its release.

Silver Crusade

Slit518 wrote:

I'm one of the authors of this project.

Excited about its release.

Yay!

Paizo Employee Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Slit518 wrote:

I'm one of the authors of this project.

Excited about its release.

Me, too, with the excited!

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Starfinder Adventure Path #16: The Blind City (Dawn of Flame 4 of 6) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.