Weekly Wonders: Archetypes of Sin Volume VII, Wrath (PFRPG) PDF
Necromancers of the Northwest
Destroy Your Enemies With These Wrathful Archetypes!
Envy, gluttony, greed, lust, pride, sloth, and wrath. The temptation and allure of the seven deadly sins is undeniable. They have fascinated and tantalized audiences for centuries, and the idea of the seven deadly sins appears frequently in movies, books, games, and other media. They even have a role at the very heart of the Pathfinder Campaign Setting, and feature centrally in its most iconic Adventure Path. While sin magic is a famous part of the Pathfinder setting, and due to be revisited in an upcoming Adventure Path, there are other ways to gain power from the seven deadly sins. Each installment of Weekly Wonders: Archetypes of Sin presents several new archetypes tied to one of the seven deadly sins, allowing characters of various classes to tap into the power of sin.
For this book, we focus on the sin of wrath. While it is easy to think of wrath as being limited to blind anger and mindless rage, and these are certainly types of wrath, this sin can be more subtle, as well, such as those who harbor long grudges and count slights made against them. Worst of all, sometimes wrath can masquerade as justice, and those who demand retribution for wrongs committed against them are often gripped by some form of wrath. The archetypes in this book explore a variety of different types of wrath, from insane fury to cold, implacable hatred. This book includes the following archetypes:
• The vicious rager, a barbarian archetype whose vicious rage is even more damaging to foes, but also to the barbarian herself.
• The hatemonger, an inquisitor archetype consumed with hatred for particular foes, and able to inspire bigotry in others.
• The punisher, a vigilante archetype that strikes fear into the hearts of his foes.
• The wrathpriest, a warpriest archetype whose rage—and combat damage—grows with each round of combat.
• The spiteful with, a witch archetype that painfully curses those who wrong her.
• The wrath subschool, for evocation-focused wizards who wish to harness the power of sin.
Whether you're about to embark on a campaign with ties to the ancient arts of sin magic (such as one of multiple official Paizo adventure paths), or you just want to play a character steeped in sin, this book has lots of tantalizing options to offer. Even GMs can get in on the fun, as several of the archetypes here are perfect for sinful NPCs as well, and can make for exciting and memorable encounters.
Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at email@example.com.