Weekly Wonders: Archetypes of Sin, Volume I, Envy (PFRPG) PDF
Necromancers of the Northwest
Envy, gluttony, greed, lust, pride, sloth, and wrath. The temptation and allure of the seven deadly sins is undeniable. They have fascinated and tantalized audiences for centuries, and the idea of the seven deadly sins appears frequently in movies, books, games, and other media. They even have a role at the very heart of the Pathfinder Campaign Setting, and feature centrally in its most iconic Adventure Path. While sin magic is a famous part of the Pathfinder setting, and due to be revisited in an upcoming Adventure Path, there are other ways to gain power from the seven deadly sins. Each installment of Weekly Wonders: Archetypes of Sin presents several new archetypes tied to one of the seven deadly sins, allowing characters of various classes to tap into the power of sin.
For this book, we focus on the sin of envy. While envy is often thought of as being the same as jealousy, in truth it is somewhat more complex. Envy encompasses both a desire to have what others have, and a desire to destroy the happiness of others, to make them as miserable and empty as ourselves. This book includes the following archetypes:
• The mimic artist, a brawler archetype that copies the fighting styles and techniques of his foes.
• The warden of desire, a druid archetype whose shapeshifting allows her to copy her foes appearance and abilities.
• The secret sleuth, an investigator archetype that gathers up the secrets of those around him and exploits them for his own gains.
• The admirer spirit, for mediums, which drives those who commune with it to obsessive hatred and admiration.
• The envy singer, a skald archetype whose songs inspire pettiness and vindictive squabbling.
• The envy subschool, for abjuration-focused wizards who wish to harness the power of sin.
Whether you're about to embark on a campaign with ties to the ancient arts of sin magic (such as one of multiple official Paizo adventure paths), or you just want to play a character steeped in sin, this book has lots of tantalizing options to offer. Even GMs can get in on the fun, as several of the archetypes here are perfect for sinful NPCs as well, and can make for exciting and memorable encounters.
Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at email@example.com.