Starfinder Alien Archive 2

****½ (based on 10 ratings)
Starfinder Alien Archive 2

Add Hardcover $39.99

Add PDF $9.99

Facebook Twitter Email

Alien Invasion

Outer space is full of alien species both benign and malevolent. Starfinder Alien Archive 2 presents a host of new creatures designed for use with the Starfinder Roleplaying Game! From the laser-breathing tashtaris and starship-eating stellar protozoans to dust mantas and undead bone troopers, the creatures in this codex will challenge adventurers no matter where in the galaxy they may travel. What's more, player rules for a variety of species let players not just fight aliens, but be them! Inside this book, you'll find the following:

  • Over 100 bizarre life-forms both classic and new, from the voracious akatas and silicon-based quorlus to radioactive pluprex demons and void-dwelling vermin.
  • More than a dozen races with full player rules, letting you play everything from an uplifted bear to a sentient slug.
  • New alien technology to help give your character an edge, including armor, weapons, magic items, and spells.
  • New rules for magical polymorphing, environmental template grafts to modify creatures to fit any world on the fly, and more!

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-075-0

Note: This product is part of the Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscription.

Product Availability

Hardcover:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO7109


See Also:

1 to 5 of 10 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

****½ (based on 10 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Space Aliens

*****

A great book with many more Aliens, that one can play, and rules for your spell casters.
Very useful.


Fantastic!

*****

Better than Alien Archive in every aspect. Better illustrations, more content (also due to the fact that the monster creation rules were already presented in the previous book) and more polished. The addition of the polymorph spell and mechanics is amazing and super fun. You have bought AA1 because it's good but mostly because you need it... Then, I promise you'll buy this AA2 because you will WANT it!
5 stars!


*****


*****


A must have for the GM Toolbox

*****

I'm still absorbing it, but beyond lots of cool creatures it adds quite a few "base" creatures and template grafts. Alien Archive 1's charts are great if you have time, but if you need some quick stats mid session for, say, a void dragon t-rex, you have one in a minute or less. I really like the improvements to the appendix and wish that Alien Archive's was that good - for example, it is nice to have a list of playable races and what pages they are found on. Starship-scale foes are few, but it's nice to be able to kill the giant space worm and then make a ship out of it's corpse.


1 to 5 of 10 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
151 to 200 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

So what's the deal with the aliens designed for starship combat?

Can anyone provide tier and types or descriptions?


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Ooh… Waiting for the 17th to roll around so I can check out the new playable races!

To anybody who has the book, I'm just curious if there's any cool player option you like in particular, apart from the races?


Are there any dragons in this book? (Creatures of the Dragon type, not just true dragons)

The Exchange

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Troodos wrote:
Are there any dragons in this book? (Creatures of the Dragon type, not just true dragons)

I only see metalic and outer dragons.

I should learn to multi quote..for ship creatures..the space ameoba looks cool - Tier 7 stellar protozoa.

Haven't compaired the stats but the new anacite power armor looks cool, (edit looks like you lose 1 kac for some perks). I am also trying to grok polymorph.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Don Hastily wrote:

So what's the deal with the aliens designed for starship combat?

Can anyone provide tier and types or descriptions?

Spoiler:

The Stellar Protozoa is a Tier 7 starship vermin. It's basically what it says on the tin, a giant single-celled organism living in space. A canny bioengineer can make starship weapons out of the creature's raw components.

The Vermelith is a Tier 9 starship magical beast. It's a huge silicon-based worm, and according to the description, some starships have unknowingly landed in the mouths of sleeping Vermeliths. The Orb recalls such a story involving a black-vested space rogue and a walking carpet.

The Swarm Dreadlancer is a Tier 11 starship monstrous humanoid. It serves as a heavily armed transport for the Swarm. Though classified as a "monstrous humanoid", the creature looks far more like a starship made out of insect parts than anything remotely human.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Joe Pasini wrote:
Opsylum wrote:

Man, as far as flavor goes, I am really loving this book. I'm only a little way through so far, but this book has really made Starfinder's universe as unique and fantastic as any book before. I was actually worried I might not enjoy this book as much as the first Alien Archive, but it's clear Paizo really put some heart into this. ** spoiler omitted **

And I'm not even halfway through this book. Seriously Paizo team. Thank you for this. This book is amazing.

So glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for letting us know =)

You might want to keep an eye out for an upcoming blog; as Amanda mentioned, we'll have several Paizo authors talking about the inspiration behind some of the playable species we created—several of which you mentioned!

** spoiler omitted **

Yippee! Can't wait for the blog post! You people really outdid yourselves with this book. Nearly finished with it, and I've gotta say - I think I might be enjoying it even more than the first. Really brings the Pact Worlds and beyond to life for me. Thanks so much, Joe!

If not Operative Thief, probably an Envoy - definitely Icon - as "Boo-Boo's" probably going to be a socially maladjusted holovid celebrity. After migrating to Absalom Station from a jungle resort for retired bears, Boo-Boo took a liking to a Steve Irwin inspired Castrovellian nature show, and decided to try his paws at his own. While Absalom has a lot less wildlife than his old home planet had, he did notice picnic basket culture had developed a strangely wild nature of its own, from their artful weaves to the exotic scents found within, and Boo-Boo decided to capture the spirit of these graceful creatures in an ongoing amateur holovid series of his own. Naturally, his entire childhood in a resort occupied only by bears didn't quite prepare Boo-Boo for Absalom's much more punctilious culture which appeared zealously territorial about its picnic baskets. But after a slew of his unintentially hilarious "wildlife" shows became viral on Absalom's infosphere, Boo-Boo has become something of a local celebrity, with locals intentionally decorating up picnic baskets and leaving them in conspicuous public places, hoping for Boo-Boo to capture a piece on it "in its natural habitat." For his part, anytime Boo-Boo can't help himself but to sample the contents inside, he always leaves something equally valuable in its place. Usually trout.

Yup. That's what I'm playing next. Only in Starfinder, folks.


What kind of abilities do outer dragons have? Considering the answers to my last question, it sounds like outer dragons have no ability to participate in starship combat, which is rather disappointing =/


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Sauce987654321 wrote:
What kind of abilities do outer dragons have? Considering the answers to my last question, it sounds like outer dragons have no ability to participate in starship combat, which is rather disappointing =/

That is one thing I'd like to see support for, because dragons fighting starships just sounds awesome. Especially when we are talking about dragons that actually call outer space their home in the first place. Maybe we can get some guidelines for converting alien creatures into starships in a future starship book? Would love to see a little more fleshing out of starship vs combatant/structure rules, boarding, and ramming. Looking at the ship glitch gremlin, it occurred to me it would be really fun to have Shadowrun matrix & meatspace style combat, with a few players piloting the starship and fighting one map, and other players fighting boarded enemies inside the starship on another map, running back and forth between stations to provide support where needed.

spoiler:
As far as outer dragons go, special traits are as follows:

Lunar Dragon has Bewildering Breath, which dazzles opponents, and Moonsilver, which treat its natural weapons as silver for overcoming damage reduction. Solar Dragon has Channel Life, which uses Healer Mystic's healing channel connection power. Time Dragons are immortal. Void Dragons have Obliterate, which immediately kills you by vaporizing you into dust when you hit 0 hp and fail a resolve check, and it also has Suffocating Breath, which is self-explanatory, and bypasses your suit's environmental protections. Scary. Lastly, Vortex Dragons have Galactic Emissary, which basically makes them perfect space navigators and twice as quick as any starship.


Any animals in this book?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Troodos wrote:
Any animals in this book?

spoiler:
Freaking dinosaurs. Other aliens classified as animals be: Arquand Gazelle, Hashukayak (in Core Rulebook, Orikolai section), Ruthig (space llama), Squox (squirrel-fox hybrid, popular pet), and Kalo’s Vortex Shark, scourge of Kalo seas and nightmare fuel for whatever the Pact Worlds’ analogue for the Jaws movie is. Also several magical beasts. They’ve also got entries and grafts for creating generic herd and predator animals.

Opsylum wrote:
Troodos wrote:
Any animals in this book?
** spoiler omitted **

spoiler:
Dinosaurs!? Which ones!?

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Regarding the starship critters?

Spoiler:
I'm guessing that the Swarm Dreadlancer is referred to as a monstrous humanoid because it's probably made out of a bunch of corrovoxes stuck together. Stuck together exactly how would be unpleasant to speculate upon.

Or maybe I just have a warped imagination. Yeah, probably that.


I figured as much. Yeah, it's really disappointing that outer dragons are basically just another type of dragon with slight differences. I mean, the first thing I imagine most people would think of when it comes to encountering a dragon in starship combat are outer dragons.

I have to say, if it's because making a type of dragon that you can encounter on both ground and starship combat is some sort of "realism" issue that breaks verisimilitude, honestly, get over it. This game doesn't even try to be realistic, as it's even less realistic than Pathfinder. Plus, you already made a creature of this style in the first archive (Endbringer Devil), and most people really liked the monster.

If this for the sake of page count, then I don't know what to say, other than maybe you shouldn't have included outer dragons at all if this is how they are going to be made. They are space dragons for Christ's sake, make them do space stuff! They can't even interact with other creatures that are made for space, what kind of nonsense is that?

Sorry for the rant. I got a little sour from this.

Opsylum wrote:

That is one thing I'd like to see support for, because dragons fighting starships just sounds awesome. Especially when we are talking about dragons that actually call outer space their home in the first place. Maybe we can get some guidelines for converting alien creatures into starships in a future starship book? Would love to see a little more fleshing out of starship vs combatant/structure rules, boarding, and ramming. Looking at the ship glitch gremlin, it occurred to me it would be really fun to have Shadowrun matrix & meatspace style combat, with a few players piloting the starship and fighting one map, and other players fighting boarded enemies inside the starship on another map, running back and forth between stations to provide support where needed.

** spoiler omitted **

Thanks for the response and checking for me.

Making conversions for creatures for starship combat would be cool. However, since they didn't bother to make outer dragons with this capability, that tells me they are never going to make another monster with both combat modes again.


Sauce987654321 wrote:
I figured as much. Yeah, it's really disappointing that outer dragons are basically just another type of dragon with slight differences.
Just to point out, Outer Dragons come from Pathfinder's Bestiary 4, they weren't made for Starfinder originally.
Quote:
I have to say, if it's because making a type of dragon that you can encounter on both ground and starship combat is some sort of "realism" issue that breaks verisimilitude, honestly, get over it. This game doesn't even try to be realistic, as it's even less realistic than Pathfinder. Plus, you already made a creature of this style in the first archive (Endbringer Devil), and most people really liked the monster.
The Endbringer shifts into a compeltely different form in order to fight PCs, Dragons wouldn't need to do this so having a Dragon that can take on a ship means PCs by themselves would have no chance basically.
Quote:
If this for the sake of page count, then I don't know what to say, other than maybe you shouldn't have included outer dragons at all if this is how they are going to be made.
Again, they were already made back in Bestiary 4.
Quote:
They are space dragons for Christ's sake, make them do space stuff! They can't even interact with other creatures that are made for space, what kind of nonsense is that?

They can interact with other creatures that are made for space and have space stuff, they just can't fight Spaceships.


I just want to say that I don't have any intention of derailing the thread into something else. I just had to get that off my chest.

The Endbringer is literally the same monster, the same composition, just in a different shape. It doesn't power down when fighting PCs, and implications for such in its fluff and description do not exist. That doesn't make sense.

I'm aware that outer dragons are from bestiary 4. I've been following the game for almost a decade.

If a dragon, or anything for that matter, is too tough for the PCs to fight, then that's what a high CR means. The Endbringer doesn't have a CR of 19 for no reason... This also didn't stop them from making flying battle cruisers the size of a huge starship in the Armory that PCs can fight. A little consistency would be nice.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Opsylum wrote:
Troodos wrote:
Any animals in this book?
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
For that kalo shark: Just imagine how terrifying the shark from Jaws would be if you couldn't leave the water.

Are there many undead in this book? Because ATM it kinda feels like the game is overloaded with undead.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Sauce987654321 wrote:

I just want to say that I don't have any intention of derailing the thread into something else. I just had to get that off my chest.

The Endbringer is literally the same monster, the same composition, just in a different shape. It doesn't power down when fighting PCs, and implications for such in its fluff and description do not exist. That doesn't make sense.

I'm aware that outer dragons are from bestiary 4. I've been following the game for almost a decade.

If a dragon, or anything for that matter, is too tough for the PCs to fight, then that's what a high CR means. The Endbringer doesn't have a CR of 19 for no reason... This also didn't stop them from making flying battle cruisers the size of a huge starship in the Armory that PCs can fight. A little consistency would be nice.

I think part of the problem is that starships also just really change the dynamic of power in the Pathfinder universe. Taking the rules as they are (starship weapons do 10x damage to combatants), small ships could pose a substantial threat to even the strongest dragon. There wouldn't normally be much of a fight, especially if starship armor works the same way (damage from combatants equals 1/10 dmg). It'd be hard to give dragons that epic feel of raw, unstoppable power if you could just call in a starship and bury it underneath a few well-placed nukes. So the best way to resolve the situation is to make starships vs dragons an exception to regular combat arrangements, rather than a norm. Which is why it would best be covered as a supplementary rule, rather than core. I imagine dragons might take precautions of their own to make starship engagements more competitive, perhaps by decking themselves out in special armor that can brave starship weaponry and deal comparable damage in return? Would be cool to see, I think.

As far as the Endbringer thing goes, I'm not sure it's important that Paizo specifies why they are weaker when landed, just that they are. Any number of possible reasons can be developed by the GM for this, and depending on the type of campaign being run, an explanation need not even be offered at all. It would be cool to know, but I don't see why it would be necessary. Good thoughts though. Maybe a dev might shed some light?

Troodos wrote:
Opsylum wrote:
Troodos wrote:
Any animals in this book?
** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **

spoiler:
Dinosaurs are Pterosaur, Dromaeosaurid, Thyreophoran, Plesiosaur, Ceratopsid, Theropod, and Sauropod. A lot of the undead in this book were taken from previous APs, so not as much representation this time (would have liked to see vampires finally appear given their importance on Eox, but maybe next time; bless Amanda for giving us Jiang-Shi!). In this book, you'll find: Bone Troopers, Corpsefolk, Emotivore (feeds off of emotions, like the name suggests), Ghosts, Ghouls, and Void Zombies (from AP1, with the Akata). So two entirely new undead.

Opsylum wrote:
Sauce987654321 wrote:

I just want to say that I don't have any intention of derailing the thread into something else. I just had to get that off my chest.

The Endbringer is literally the same monster, the same composition, just in a different shape. It doesn't power down when fighting PCs, and implications for such in its fluff and description do not exist. That doesn't make sense.

I'm aware that outer dragons are from bestiary 4. I've been following the game for almost a decade.

If a dragon, or anything for that matter, is too tough for the PCs to fight, then that's what a high CR means. The Endbringer doesn't have a CR of 19 for no reason... This also didn't stop them from making flying battle cruisers the size of a huge starship in the Armory that PCs can fight. A little consistency would be nice.

I think part of the problem is that starships also just really change the dynamic of power in the Pathfinder universe. Taking the rules as they are (starship weapons do 10x damage to combatants), the tiniest ship could pose a huge threat to even the strongest dragon. There wouldn't normally be much of a fight, especially if starship armor works the same way (damage from combatants equals 1/10 dmg). It'd be hard to give dragons that epic feel of raw, unstoppable power if you could just call in a starship and bury it underneath a few well-placed nukes. So the best way to resolve the situation is to make starships vs dragons an exception to regular combat arrangements, rather than a norm. Which is why it would best be covered as a supplementary rule, rather than core. I imagine dragons might take precautions of their own to make starship engagements more competitive, perhaps by decking themselves out in special armor that can brave starship weaponry and deal comparable damage in return? Would be cool to see, I think.

As far as the Endbringer thing goes, I'm not sure it's important that Paizo specifies why they are weaker when landed, just that...

The whole x10 is just a game mechanic that the game doesn't allow you to use on creatures, only structures. It says it works on monsters, but deliberately contradicts itself and forces the player or whomever is using the starship to use hazards as your form of damage. You can't fly over a bunch of enemies and nuke them for an instant kill, it still has to do a reasonable amount of damage, while not benefiting from the x10 bonus.

Back to the Endbringer, again... I was saying that it doesn't get weaker, it just changes shape, and that's it. The game states that it's using no forms of starship systems and is equally capable of engaging in melee and starship combat. We're getting this silly idea that it gets weaker on ground because of the x10 rule that's mentioned. We're confusing gameplay mechanics for fluff. All it is, is just changing from one rule set to another. As a CR 19, it can get attacked repeatedly by cannons from hovertanks, missiles from assault fighters, and receive 0 damage, as if it were from a Godzilla movie. A CR 25 great wyrm can body 4 of these things at once, to put it into perspective.

To use another example of a space monster, look at the Oma. It's described as being able to devour small starships and can disable most ship's powercores with its electrical discharge. It also has a medium frame, since in Pathfinder, the Oma is known for being used as living starships, that starts at 85hp (notice how the Oma doesn't have 850 health in it's normal stats). So, yes, even these "space" dragons can't even interact with an Oma in starship combat, or an Endbringer, or any creature with a tier.

With all of this considered, I'm definitely hard balling the devs for that one. That's not how space dragons should be made in a game like this.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I would love to see what Starfinder vampires are like.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Sauce987654321 wrote:
The whole x10 is just a game mechanic that the game doesn't allow you to use on creatures, only structures. It says it works on monsters, but deliberately contradicts itself and forces the player or whomever is using the starship to use hazards as your form of damage. You can't fly over a bunch of enemies and nuke them for an instant kill, it still has to do a reasonable amount of damage, while not benefiting from the x10 bonus.

This is not correct. Here are the rules in the Core Rulebook, as follows. Relevant sections are bolded.

Starfinder Core Rulebook, pg.292 wrote:
Starship weapons and regular PC-level weapons work on different scales and aren’t meant to interact with each other. If characters choose to shoot at a starship with their laser rifles (or cast a spell on it) while it is on the ground, the GM should treat the starship as an object (a particularly massive one, at that). At the GM’s discretion, if starship weapons are ever brought to bear against buildings or people, they deal Hit Point damage equal to 10 × their listed amount of damage. However, starship weapons are never precise enough to target a single individual (or even small group) and can, if the GM decides, be simulated as deadly hazards instead of weapon attacks.


Starfinder Core Rulebook, pg.292 wrote:
Starship weapons and regular PC-level weapons work on different scales and aren’t meant to interact with each other. If characters choose to shoot at a starship with their laser rifles (or cast a spell on it) while it is on the ground, the GM should treat the starship as an object (a particularly massive one, at that). At the GM’s discretion, if starship weapons are ever brought to bear against buildings or people, they deal Hit Point damage equal to 10 × their listed amount of damage. However, starship weapons are never precise enough to target a single individual (or even small group) and can, if the GM decides, be simulated as deadly hazards instead of weapon attacks.

FTFY. You can't get x10 damage if you're not allowed to target people, are you?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Sauce987654321 wrote:
FTFY. You can't get x10 damage if you're not allowed to target people, are you?

I mean, I guess you can interpret it that way. The implication in this text seems to me that a starship would simply be eyeballing its shots rather than trying to target a PC like it would another starship. The book specifically details the amount of damage starship attacks do to PCs, so I don’t see the implication that they can’t flat out connect at all. Especially because the “deadly hazard” rules were suggested as alternative rules, rather than standard.

Anyway, connecting this back to Alien Archives, would love to see starship conversion rules/guidelines for aliens in future supplements, if not in a Starship book.


Opsylum wrote:
I mean, I guess you can interpret it that way. The implication in this text seems to me that a starship would simply be eyeballing its shots rather than trying to target a PC. The book specifically details the amount of damage starship attacks do, so I don’t see the implication that they can’t flat out connect at all. Especially because the “deadly hazard” rules were suggested as alternative rules, rather than standard.

Deadly hazards do damage and is pretty much their only function. They just do much less. It's not that you can't connect your shots, this is a balance mechanism. You can use your starship weapons to destroy buildings, but the game doesn't allow you to inflict the same damage on creatures.

Quote:


Anyway, connecting this back to Alien Archives, would love to see starship conversion rules/guidelines for aliens in future supplements, if not in a Starship book.

I'd love to, as well. After reading about those outer dragons, though, it doesn't bode well. I'm positive that it will never happen. It's likely they think people don't care enough about them, so I can't see them dedicating a whole section to such conversions in a new book. Let's cross our fingers, I guess, lol..


Which dinosaurs get the illustration(s)? Are they accurate?


Pathfinder Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

How many monsters are there in total?

Do they each get exactly two pages, as per AA1?


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Troodos wrote:
Which dinosaurs get the illustration(s)? Are they accurate?

The illustrations aren't of traditional dinosaurs so much. The dinosaur statblocks are for generic prehistoric creatures from any planet, so the illustrations are of alien dinosaurs instead of Earth/Golarion dinosaurs. It's similar to the herd animal and predator stat groups.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Steve Geddes wrote:

How many monsters are there in total?

Do they each get exactly two pages, as per AA1?

spoiler:
I counted about 65 distinct entries in this book, although more than a couple of them actually have multiple distinct races in their entries. And yup, still full two pages, each positively bursting with delicious lore. As far as alien types go, we've got a nice, balancing mix.

Aberration - 4
Animal - 6
Magical Construct - 1
Technological Construct - 2
Dragon - 2
Fey - 3
Humanoid - 8
Magical Beast - 8
Monstrous Humanoid - 4
Ooze - 6
Outsider - 8
Plant - 4
Undead - 5
Vermin - 4

Again, this is just the entry count. We got actually 10 new dragon types in this book, with 5 per entry, like the chromatic dragons of last book. For what it is, book is pretty dense with new critters, and is all about giving you as much variety as possible to flesh out any kind of sci-fi world you can conjure.


Opsylum wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

What would be the monster count for each type if PC races and reprinted monsters are excluded?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
HTD wrote:
Opsylum wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
What would be the monster count for each type if PC races and reprinted monsters are excluded?

spoiler:
5 reprints, 16 playable races, 46 new non-PC entries

Can anyone let us know how many new augmentations there are in the book, and maybe some favorites? Im sure there aren't a ton but augmentations are my fave


1 person marked this as a favorite.

OMG I LOVE THE THERAPY DOGGOS!!!


Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
OMG I LOVE THE THERAPY DOGGOS!!!

Please explain


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Master Han Del of the Web wrote:
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
OMG I LOVE THE THERAPY DOGGOS!!!
Please explain

(still reading but) The Vlaka are very perceptive to other’s emotional states and well being, and while alll their stuff is awesome and meshes well with my playstyle the main draw for them most likely is the fact THAT THEY CAN GIVE THEIR RESOLVE POINTS TO THEIR ALLIES.


Luke Spencer wrote:
Troodos wrote:
Which dinosaurs get the illustration(s)? Are they accurate?
The illustrations aren't of traditional dinosaurs so much. The dinosaur statblocks are for generic prehistoric creatures from any planet, so the illustrations are of alien dinosaurs instead of Earth/Golarion dinosaurs. It's similar to the herd animal and predator stat groups.

That's pretty cool, guess I'm gonna doodle some alien dinosaur designs then.

Do they have any cool lore or abilities mentioned?


Also what are the fey in the book?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm legitimately dumbfounded that the Ghorans actually made it in. Dumbfounded, but very happy.

Paizo Employee Creative Director, Starfinder

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Nighthorror888 wrote:
I'm legitimately dumbfounded that the Ghorans actually made it in. Dumbfounded, but very happy.

They're the perfect crewmembers to have when you're adrift in space and run out of food!


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Sounds like quite the toolbox and I can hardly wait to read it. Even if that means I have to make do with the PDF until I get the book in the mail.

Contributor

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Robert G. McCreary wrote:
Nighthorror888 wrote:
I'm legitimately dumbfounded that the Ghorans actually made it in. Dumbfounded, but very happy.
They're the perfect crewmembers to have when you're adrift in space and run out of food!

You see, THIS is why they went ahead and colonized Ghorus Prime! A Gap of jokes like this! :P

Contributor

Also, several comments about things I didn't work on.

1) The new polymorphing rules are sick.

2) Whomever ordered the art of Quid getting baleful polymorphed into a rat is the best kind of genius. Props!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Anything related to the Dominion of the Black or Aucturn?


Don't believe so but I'd have to double check.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Got the pdf now, thank you to the folks at Paizo I am not eagerly awaiting my copy to make its way through the mail to my grubby paws. I think the stat adjustment on Intelligence and Wisdom should be reversed for PCs but otherwise I would love to play an uplifted bear, especially in Stafinder Society. I was also pleasantly surprised for the canine species I saw many moons ago on YouTube and that I also want to play as soon as I can in SFS. I do not wish to spoil anything for everyone but I am most satisfied with what I see so far. I have choice words for whomever gave this two stars but for the sake of civility I shan't speak them here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber

Just got my hardcover book last night, new race choices, new equipment and, now I finally know what that six legged white creature and four eyes is that is found in the back of the core rulebook.


Can anyone answer what the fey in the book are?

Paizo Employee Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Troodos wrote:
Can anyone answer what the fey in the book are?

Two glitch gremlins; the calecor, a fey embodiment of planet-scale disasters; and star-dwelling, humanoid/grasshoper ravais.

Paizo Employee Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Gaulin wrote:
Can anyone let us know how many new augmentations there are in the book, and maybe some favorites? Im sure there aren't a ton but augmentations are my fave

There are about half a dozen new augmentations. My fave is glass skin (from the glass serpent entry), which makes you shimmer like a rainbow and turn invisible sometimes! I imagine the several tashtari (laser wolf) augmentations will also be popular choices...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Joe Pasini wrote:
I imagine the several tashtari (laser wolf) augmentations will also be popular choices...

Oh man, we can augment ourselves into the butcher from Fiddler on the Roof?! Nice!

151 to 200 of 230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Starfinder Alien Archive 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.