Pathfinder Adventure Path #133: Secrets of Roderic's Cove (Return of the Runelords 1 of 6)

**½( )( ) (based on 2 ratings)
Pathfinder Adventure Path #133: Secrets of Roderic's Cove (Return of the Runelords 1 of 6)

Add Print Edition $24.99

Add PDF $17.99

Facebook Twitter Email

Wrath Shall Reign!

When one runelord rose from his slumber, the frontier nation of Varisia shook with his power, and it took a band of heroes to save the world. Yet there remained six other runelords, and now the most wrathful of them all has woken! As the runelords waken one after another, the dangers and perils faced by past heroes pale in comparison. When a mysterious and fearful ghost manifests on the streets of Roderic's Cove at the same time the town's gangs use the runes and legacies of ancient Thassilonian tyrants for their own ends, a new band of heroes must rise to save Varisia, and perhaps the world, from the return of the runelords!

This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path begins the Return of the Runelords Adventure Path and includes:

  • "Secrets of Roderic's Cove," a Pathfinder adventure for 1st-level characters, by Adam Daigle.
  • An exploration and gazetteer of the town of Roderic's Cove and its inhabitants, by Adam Daigle.
  • An extensive timeline of the history of Thassilon, revelations about the methods used by each runelord to avoid destruction during the apocalypse of Earthfall, and notes for Game Masters on the roles each runelord plays in this Adventure Path, by James Jacobs.
  • A bestiary of monsters lurking around Varisia, including the child-stealing nochlean and the innocuous-looking warpglass ooze, by Mikko Kallio, Luis Loza, Jacob W. Michaels, and Conor J. Owens.

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-062-0

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 7 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO90133


See Also:

Average product rating:

**½( )( ) (based on 2 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Underwhelming.

*( )( )( )( )

The underlying structure of this story is not great, and the writing doesn't help. For the first book in an Adventure Path, this one leaves me underwhelmed and slightly nervous to see what follows. It seems like a rough first draft, and it gives me the same impression of Ultimate Wilderness, where not enough time was taken to craft a publication that is worth distributing. I hope it was just a one-time thing, and that the next books will be back up to the usual standard of quality for APs.

I find that the AP books are increasingly filled with great ideas, and the quality has been top-notch for quite a while. When I read this book, I was constantly thinking about how I'd have to re-work things to make the story coherent, or thinking of details I'd have to add where none are provided in the book.

The text (room descriptions, faction descriptions, NPC description) gives very little fuel for the imagination. They largely focus on back-story that is irrelevant to what the PCs might encounter.

SPOILERS:

For example, one room takes an entire paragraph to describe where the long-dead family sat in this room when they ate their meals. That does nothing for me as a DM. Instead, why not say that the following can be found in the room: "A child's toy; a carved drawing on the table. An old bracket on the window where a telescope used to be. A hand-crafted high chair for the youngest child that's now rotting." Something that the characters could actually discover. I find myself continually frustrated by the unusable text in the book that makes it a chore to read.

Some room descriptions simply repeat what's obvious on the map (and also given in the read aloud text): "This hallway stretches from the front door and curves at a right angle before ending. A set of rickety stairs ascends to the house's second story." This is obvious from the map, and to make it worse, the read-aloud also says: "A set of stairs rises to the next floor, and the hallway turns sharply to the north past the staircase." None of this adds anything I couldn't just tell the players from looking at the map.

There are four different groups involved in this book, and the relationships between them are over-complicated and unnecessary. Several of the groups are hard to realistically imagine living in the town. The groups (and all areas) also feel static, like they're waiting for the PCs to arrive to interact with them. The descriptions of the groups are insufficient to determine more dynamic interactions and motivations, and these brief descriptions sometime contradict the way they're encountered.

For example, there is a group of "frustrated workers and struggling individuals from the lower classes who hope to make a better place for themselves in Roderic's Cove - a sort of informal and rough-around-the edges labourer's guild." This sounds very realistic and compelling to me. However, the group is named the "Horned Fangs", and their members seem to be hanging out in a dungeon, waiting to attack. All the verisimilitude is lost, as is the potential complexity of dealing with co-opted members of the town.

Another group is led by an old witch-like oracle who seems completely out of place with the rest of her members, and there is literally zero description about her motivations, or why she leads the group.

The macguffin in the book could provide a great lead-in to the dangers of the following books, but everything is strangely capped off at the end of the book. The only motivation the PCs have at the end is to follow an NPC's advice to research the macguffin they found. I can think of a number of ways this could have been done better. (The macguffin also uses a power at the start of the story that is not usable by PCs. There is some description of why this happens, but it will never be obvious to the PCs, and is potentially confusing).

TL:DR - This book doesn't match up to the usual quality of PF AP's. I'm writing this to express my concern, and my hope that the next books in this AP match what we expect in terms of cohesive and compelling writing, and as a tool for GM's to create great stories from.


Sins of the Past

****( )

I have written this twice now, and I keep getting timed out so, quick version. I like this adventure; good story, and set up. challenging encounters, and investigations. Consequences to the PC's actions, and the written structure of the adventure is set up to greatly assist a GM. Downsides though, there are several difficult, if not impossible for their level, skill checks that give the PC's important information, that they may not get. Could leave some PC's un-invested in the developments. There are NPC's to balance this, but can feel like hand-holding for some. Despite the flaws, I enjoyed the first volume, and can't wait for the next.


251 to 300 of 413 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

I still think Serithtial is just waiting to try its hand out on fighting Illusion/Shadow based magic. ;)


Oh look Runelords, golly it's been a whole day and a half since Paizo printed something about them.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
Jodokai wrote:
Oh look Runelords, golly it's been a whole day and a half since Paizo printed something about them.

More like 5 years :3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Jodokai wrote:
Oh look Runelords, golly it's been a whole day and a half since Paizo printed something about them.

Whatever.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Skeld will have the pdf by monday. ;-)


It's kind of bad in some ways that GenCon spoiled some of this...but I STILL want to see all of this AP and the following AP just for the sake of getting more 1st PF before August 2019.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Any links to the Gen-Con spoilers available for those of us waiting on the other side of the planet?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Xazil wrote:
Any links to the Gen-Con spoilers available for those of us waiting on the other side of the planet?

Yep, look in the General discussion tab under the Adventure Path forum. There you'll find a thread about GenCon AP news. I posted a link to the video. They go into quite of few spoilers for both RTotRL and Tyrant's Grasp. It looks to be exciting!


Very exciting. :)


I wonder what Runelord's statblock will be featured in this part?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Can we has the Player's Guide? Pretty please...?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

5 people marked this as a favorite.

Player's guide is in process, and will be out closer to the release of the first volume. As always for Player's Guides, please be patient.

Scarab Sages

Good to know, thanks!

Are there going to be any stringent constraints on character creation this time around? We picked Return of the Runelords as our next campaign because some of our players ran afoul of the character constraints in Ruins of Azlant (must work underwater) and War for the Crown (must fit in among racist nobles, no nature people please). Anything similar here?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Catharsis wrote:

Good to know, thanks!

Are there going to be any stringent constraints on character creation this time around? We picked Return of the Runelords as our next campaign because some of our players ran afoul of the character constraints in Ruins of Azlant (must work underwater) and War for the Crown (must fit in among racist nobles, no nature people please). Anything similar here?

Nope. This one's pretty open. We generally try to do a non-restrictive one like this every other AP or every other two at least, even though a more restrictive element can help us to create more specialized stories.

The main restriction in this one is that it's a sequel to Rise of the Runelords AND Shattered Star, so it's awkward and weird to play out of order with those; if you play this one and haven't played the prior two, those prior two will be spoiled, plot wise, in other words. Like watching Return of the King before watching The Two Towers or Lord of the Rings. Doesn't make the prior ones less awesome, but does work better if you watch them in order.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 32

James Jacobs wrote:


The main restriction in this one is that it's a sequel to Rise of the Runelords AND Shattered Star, so it's awkward and weird to play out of order with those; if you play this one and haven't played the prior two, those prior two will be spoiled, plot wise, in other words. Like watching Return of the King before watching The Two Towers or Lord of the Rings. Doesn't make the prior ones less awesome, but does work better if you watch them in order.

Will there be some sort of synopsis of Shattered Star included as backmatter for the GM?

I plan to GM this AP and have run Rise of the Runelords, but unfortunately, as a player, our Shattered Star game fell apart during book-2 since our GM got divorced, and I do not know the details.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Grumpus wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:


The main restriction in this one is that it's a sequel to Rise of the Runelords AND Shattered Star, so it's awkward and weird to play out of order with those; if you play this one and haven't played the prior two, those prior two will be spoiled, plot wise, in other words. Like watching Return of the King before watching The Two Towers or Lord of the Rings. Doesn't make the prior ones less awesome, but does work better if you watch them in order.

Will there be some sort of synopsis of Shattered Star included as backmatter for the GM?

I plan to GM this AP and have run Rise of the Runelords, but unfortunately, as a player, our Shattered Star game fell apart during book-2 since our GM got divorced, and I do not know the details.

There will be enough of a synopsis for both Rise of the Runelords and Shattered Star to help GMs, but the focus of the adventures must be on Return of the Runelords overall.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

Will every runelord get stats(not including ones that already have been done) during the course of this AP?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dragon78 wrote:
Will every runelord get stats(not including ones that already have been done) during the course of this AP?

Sort of.


James Jacobs wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Will every runelord get stats(not including ones that already have been done) during the course of this AP?
Sort of.

I think (but could be wrong) that Alaznist might be the final foe in this adventure path but I do definately hope we get stats for Sorshen, Xanderghul, and Zutha at the very least. :D

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Maybe it will turn out Xanderghul doesn't actually exist or something so he doesn't have stats :D I'm trying to guess what would be biggest plot twist related to master illusionist


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Berselius wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Will every runelord get stats(not including ones that already have been done) during the course of this AP?
Sort of.
I think (but could be wrong) that Alaznist might be the final foe in this adventure path but I do definately hope we get stats for Sorshen, Xanderghul, and Zutha at the very least. :D

You are correct about Alazinst. That was stated at the GenCon panel.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
CorvusMask wrote:
Maybe it will turn out Xanderghul doesn't actually exist or something so he doesn't have stats :D I'm trying to guess what would be biggest plot twist related to master illusionist

Perhaps he's really a Veiled Master placed in Thassilon to ensure its evolution and if need be, destruction?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Anorak wrote:
CorvusMask wrote:
Maybe it will turn out Xanderghul doesn't actually exist or something so he doesn't have stats :D I'm trying to guess what would be biggest plot twist related to master illusionist
Perhaps he's really a Veiled Master placed in Thassilon to ensure its evolution and if need be, destruction?

Since I believe Xanderghul is the most powerful of the current Runelords (to the level of achieving mythic level power), it would have to be one hell of a powerful Veiled Master.

Though from what I'm aware of, the Aboleth don't age and are born with all the knowledge of those that birthed them so it's certainly possible.


Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Mr Jacobs, it is "The Fellowship of the Ring". The entire series is "The Lord of the Rings". A nit pick, I know, but an important distinction to make nonetheless.

No animosity intended. Carry on.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Fourshadow wrote:

Mr Jacobs, it is "The Fellowship of the Ring". The entire series is "The Lord of the Rings". A nit pick, I know, but an important distinction to make nonetheless.

No animosity intended. Carry on.

Thank you.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Orders will now spawn tomorrow & shipping begins on friday the 17th.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I love the cover art for this AP, particularly the Runelords art!

Would it be possible for Paizo to release a large picture with a line-up of all seven Runelords, possibly with Xin too? That would be a cool desk-top image to have on one's computer! :)


CorvusMask wrote:
Maybe it will turn out Xanderghul doesn't actually exist or something so he doesn't have stats :D I'm trying to guess what would be biggest plot twist related to master illusionist

Xanderghul and Sorshen will likely be taken out either offscreen or through McGuffins considering this isn't a mythic AP and both of them have considerable mythic tiers, so I honestly doubt they'll have hard stats. Alaznist makes the most sense to fight since she's just barely scraping mythic.

I just want to see the stats of the remaining five weapons of rule.


I am looking forward to this.

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Bellona wrote:

I love the cover art for this AP, particularly the Runelords art!

Would it be possible for Paizo to release a large picture with a line-up of all seven Runelords, possibly with Xin too? That would be a cool desk-top image to have on one's computer! :)

Remind me toward the end of January, once the final volume has shipped, and I'll see what we can do. It would be a pretty rad wallpaper.


Any idea when the Player's Guide will drop?


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
The Beardinator wrote:
Any idea when the Player's Guide will drop?

Per Mr. Jacobs in another thread:

In more positive news, and as a peep from the Behind-the-Scenes department:

Just had a chat about how to do the Player's Guide's Table of Contents, so it's VERY close to being out of edit and still 100% on schedule to release when we planned, so folks don't need to worry about it being late. It'll come out, as have the vast majority of these supplements, just before the street date of the first volume in the Adventure Path.

As far as Players' Guides go, it's one of the smaller ones. Not really any new rules subsystems needed for this campaign. We are, however, reprinting the maps of Varisia and the four major cities of the region in here—the adventures go all over the place and assume the players and GMs are familiar enough with those locations that we don't reprint the maps in the adventures themselves in order to save space, but wanted to have them out there for folks to reference easy as needed.

And thanks for the continued patience, all!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Got my pre-notification e-mail. Now to wait for the shipping mail. I really want that PDF. :)


Cat Whisperer wrote:
The Beardinator wrote:
Any idea when the Player's Guide will drop?

Per Mr. Jacobs in another thread:

In more positive news, and as a peep from the Behind-the-Scenes department:

Just had a chat about how to do the Player's Guide's Table of Contents, so it's VERY close to being out of edit and still 100% on schedule to release when we planned, so folks don't need to worry about it being late. It'll come out, as have the vast majority of these supplements, just before the street date of the first volume in the Adventure Path.

As far as Players' Guides go, it's one of the smaller ones. Not really any new rules subsystems needed for this campaign. We are, however, reprinting the maps of Varisia and the four major cities of the region in here—the adventures go all over the place and assume the players and GMs are familiar enough with those locations that we don't reprint the maps in the adventures themselves in order to save space, but wanted to have them out there for folks to reference easy as needed.

And thanks for the continued patience, all!

So the first book drops this weekend and the player's guide drops this weekend?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
The Beardinator wrote:
Cat Whisperer wrote:
The Beardinator wrote:
Any idea when the Player's Guide will drop?

Per Mr. Jacobs in another thread:

In more positive news, and as a peep from the Behind-the-Scenes department:

Just had a chat about how to do the Player's Guide's Table of Contents, so it's VERY close to being out of edit and still 100% on schedule to release when we planned, so folks don't need to worry about it being late. It'll come out, as have the vast majority of these supplements, just before the street date of the first volume in the Adventure Path.

As far as Players' Guides go, it's one of the smaller ones. Not really any new rules subsystems needed for this campaign. We are, however, reprinting the maps of Varisia and the four major cities of the region in here—the adventures go all over the place and assume the players and GMs are familiar enough with those locations that we don't reprint the maps in the adventures themselves in order to save space, but wanted to have them out there for folks to reference easy as needed.

And thanks for the continued patience, all!

So the first book drops this weekend and the player's guide drops this weekend?

JJ stated: It'll come out, as have the vast majority of these supplements, just before the street date of the first volume in the Adventure Path.

I'm pretty sure the "street date" is in early September (thats when Amazon, Barnes n Noble, etc have it listed for) - so we will most likely see the pdf and subscriber delivery of book 1 before the Players Guide goes up.


She looks like a classic villain from the 80's.

Excellent.

I must say the art in recent APs is just phenomenal.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Beardinator wrote:
Cat Whisperer wrote:
The Beardinator wrote:
Any idea when the Player's Guide will drop?

Per Mr. Jacobs in another thread:

In more positive news, and as a peep from the Behind-the-Scenes department:

Just had a chat about how to do the Player's Guide's Table of Contents, so it's VERY close to being out of edit and still 100% on schedule to release when we planned, so folks don't need to worry about it being late. It'll come out, as have the vast majority of these supplements, just before the street date of the first volume in the Adventure Path.

As far as Players' Guides go, it's one of the smaller ones. Not really any new rules subsystems needed for this campaign. We are, however, reprinting the maps of Varisia and the four major cities of the region in here—the adventures go all over the place and assume the players and GMs are familiar enough with those locations that we don't reprint the maps in the adventures themselves in order to save space, but wanted to have them out there for folks to reference easy as needed.

And thanks for the continued patience, all!

So the first book drops this weekend and the player's guide drops this weekend?

Subscribers will begin to get access to their pdfs starting tomorrow, friday 17th of august and all of them should have received them by friday 24th.

Street date is august 29th.
The players guide will be available sometimes in between tomorrow and 29th.

Personally i expect it either by the middle of next week or by monday the 27th.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

My subscription seems to be planning to skip this volume... Should I be concerned?
.
.
.
"Most recent volume:
Pathfinder Adventure Path #132: The Six-Legend Soul (War for the Crown 6 of 6) shipped by 07/26/18 via USPS Package Service (estimated 4 to 8 business days in transit)

Next volume:
Pathfinder Adventure Path #134: It Came from Hollow Mountain (Return of the Runelords 2 of 6)"


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
FamiliarMask wrote:

My subscription seems to be planning to skip this volume... Should I be concerned?

.
.
.
"Most recent volume:
Pathfinder Adventure Path #132: The Six-Legend Soul (War for the Crown 6 of 6) shipped by 07/26/18 via USPS Package Service (estimated 4 to 8 business days in transit)

Next volume:
Pathfinder Adventure Path #134: It Came from Hollow Mountain (Return of the Runelords 2 of 6)"

I just noticed that mine is the same. I suspect it is fine, but certainly worth double checking.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

If you haven't received your auth e-mail yet, then they should be in the process of setting it up as part of your shipment. You should only be concerned if the auth e-mail does not list this product as part of your monthly delivery or if they announce that order spawning is complete and you haven't received your auth e-mail.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
FallenDabus wrote:
FamiliarMask wrote:

My subscription seems to be planning to skip this volume... Should I be concerned?

.
.
.
"Most recent volume:
Pathfinder Adventure Path #132: The Six-Legend Soul (War for the Crown 6 of 6) shipped by 07/26/18 via USPS Package Service (estimated 4 to 8 business days in transit)

Next volume:
Pathfinder Adventure Path #134: It Came from Hollow Mountain (Return of the Runelords 2 of 6)"

I just noticed that mine is the same. I suspect it is fine, but certainly worth double checking.

I am having a similar issue with all my subscriptions this month.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
MaverickF01 wrote:
FallenDabus wrote:
FamiliarMask wrote:

My subscription seems to be planning to skip this volume... Should I be concerned?

.
.
.
"Most recent volume:
Pathfinder Adventure Path #132: The Six-Legend Soul (War for the Crown 6 of 6) shipped by 07/26/18 via USPS Package Service (estimated 4 to 8 business days in transit)

Next volume:
Pathfinder Adventure Path #134: It Came from Hollow Mountain (Return of the Runelords 2 of 6)"

I just noticed that mine is the same. I suspect it is fine, but certainly worth double checking.
I am having a similar issue with all my subscriptions this month.

Well, my subscription just spawned correctly, so I'm assuming everyone else's will okay.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

That's fairly normal when shipping is in progress.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Mosaic wrote:
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
What would be better is if some unknowing team of adventurers (say, around Book Two or Three) accidentally undid a 'time lock' that Thassilon had been 'sealed away' under and suddenly there was 'New Thassilon'
I'd love to see an AP where the PCs screw up early on (bad information, deliberately misled, insurmountable challenge) and have to spend the rest of the AP fixing whatever they unleashed.

Like the "You are all captured and put in prison and have to escape" plot, this is a plot line that works best when it rises organically in play and can be tailored by the GM as it unfolds.

Deliberately planning this, or setting up an adventure whose whole point is to make the PCs expend time and resources playing only to screw something up and then expect them to want to KEEP playing after they realized the GM has stacked the deck against them the first time is a good way to get a campaign an early grave after the players lose interest in my opinion.

But if it happens organically, and the players DON'T learn or believe that they were supposed to fail or do something foolish all along, the storyline can be really compelling and interesting.

It's just basically impossible to do in a published adventure.

Yeah. I had my adventuring group refuse to continue the Slave Lords modules after they all got captured without a chance of avoiding their fate. They were royally POed by the railroading and I ended up having to run a new campaign after that. It's a shame as I'm fairly certain they'd have excelled especially as I think one of the characters was a psionicist.

This AP leaves me conflicted though. Is there going to be an effort to translate this into 2nd Edition Pathfinder? Because my Skype Pathfinder group is going to start up the Playtest, and assuming they don't all hate it we'll switch over to 2nd edition afterward. But the campaign we just finished was Rise of the Runelords (ran for over five years meeting online every three to four weeks). I have a sneaking suspicion they'd love playing this "sequel" of sorts rather than Hell's Rebels, and they're kind of looking forward to HR so....


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I must admit curiosity as to how Paizo managed to get a levels 1-20 campaign out of this. Is this using the Fast Advancement rules? How will we release enough XPs to get people past level 18? (I mean, Hell's Rebels had to potential to reach above level 18 with the extra-large sized Issue #100, but chose to just include other content instead. Even then I'm not sure we'd have gotten more than one level out of it.)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tangent101 wrote:
I must admit curiosity as to how Paizo managed to get a levels 1-20 campaign out of this. Is this using the Fast Advancement rules? How will we release enough XPs to get people past level 18? (I mean, Hell's Rebels had to potential to reach above level 18 with the extra-large sized Issue #100, but chose to just include other content instead. Even then I'm not sure we'd have gotten more than one level out of it.)

By getting rid of the forewords for all of these and by reducing the number of support articles from three to two, each volume of the AP gains 8 more pages for the adventure. In some cases, we omit 2 of the support articles for 14 pages regained to the adventure. As a result, over the course of 6 volumes, there's over 50 additional pages of adventure content.

Even then, it's a tight squeeze, and it's looking like unless I artificially inflate XP awards in the last adventure that PCs won't hit 20th level until the very end, just in time for the final encounter.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Just curious, my order for this is still listed as pending, I haven't gotten the PDF, is there something going on or am I going to be getting it same time as people just picking it up at the stores? With a release date of the 29th, and the way mail is, I'm already looking at it coming in after release date.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Val'bryn2 wrote:
Just curious, my order for this is still listed as pending, I haven't gotten the PDF, is there something going on or am I going to be getting it same time as people just picking it up at the stores? With a release date of the 29th, and the way mail is, I'm already looking at it coming in after release date.

Shipping was supposed to happen early this week, but the numerous website goblins followed by the prolonged website downtime over the last two weeks have impacted that schedule (assumably because subscriptions are managed through the website on our end, so they need it to access our info). I would wager that with the website up, shipping will now resume, but yes, it will be delayed from when it was expected.


Pathfinder Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

At this point, I don't think we even have confirmation that they have completed the authorizations, let alone begun shipping.


Pathfinder Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

See this page for shipping updates. I reposted a message about subscription shipping from their Facebook page there.

251 to 300 of 413 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Adventure Path #133: Secrets of Roderic's Cove (Return of the Runelords 1 of 6) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.