Starfinder Pact Worlds

4.30/5 (based on 12 ratings)
Starfinder Pact Worlds
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Hardcover $44.99

Add PDF $9.99

Add Non-Mint $44.99 $33.74

Facebook Twitter Email

The Pact Worlds are the beating heart of the Starfinder campaign setting, a solar system full of citizens both familiar and bizarre. From the cosmopolitan corridors of Absalom Station to the carnivorous jungles of Castrovel or the floating cloud-cities of the gas giant Bretheda, this hardcover rulebook is your guide to Starfinder's core worlds and civilizations, and the perfect place to launch any adventure.

Inside, you'll find:

  • In-depth gazetteers of the system's 14 major worlds, from high-tech Verces and the draconic empires of Triaxus to the necromantic wastleands of Eox or magical bubble cities floating on the surface of the sun. Each gazetteer features a detailed world map, residents and cultures, settlements and adventure locations, a unique theme to customize characters from that world, and more.
  • New playable alien races, from undead Eoxians to Castrovellian plant-people.
  • New starships, from the living vessels of the Xenowardens to sinister Hellknight dreadnoughts.
  • A codex of themed NPC stat blocks to help Game Masters create vivid encounters.
  • New archetypes for every class, including the Star Knight, Skyfire Centurion, and Divine Champion.
  • Tons of new weapons, armors, spells, feats, magic items, technological gadgets, and more to help outfit your adventurers.

978-1-64078-022-4

Note: This product is part of the Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscription.

Product Availability

Hardcover:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO7107


See Also:

1 to 5 of 12 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.30/5 (based on 12 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Good Setting Overview.

4/5

I picked this book up in an LGS I play in regularly, and what a great introduction to the Pact Worlds setting. I had played the 'Into The Unknown' introduction adventure, but the lack of exposition made the adventure hard for me to immerse into.

This book makes the setting come alive, and the art compliments the good writing rather than having to make up for any lack in it.

I took away a star for the continuing lack of deckplans for playable ships. In a Sci Fi setting the party's ship fast becomes a character, and the lack of a deckplan is a severe handicap.


Space Worlds

5/5

A very good, solid, well illustrated, rich... book on the Starfinder setting.
Great as a DM, as a player to flesh out your character's background.
Super nice!


A great setting book!

5/5

Setting books are absolutely crucial for rpgs, in my opinions, it's what defines exactly why you love what you are playing at. For a sci-fantasy game such as this, a rich setting book is even more essential, as you are breaking new ground, and you need to do it in an epic, memorable way. This books does it in spades. The world building, the player hooks (arguably some of the most valuable content of this book), illustrations, playable options, starship travel and types (oh my the starships are gorgeous!), NPCs, factions, equipment, spells... this book has all you need to make the Pact Worlds your home and make them come to life in your mind. Even if your campaign takes place in the Great Beyond, you will still enjoy this book and find its exciting lore, and beautiful narration very useful. It's true that it might not be as rich as Pathfinder's Inner Sea setting book, but I find this one more than fulfilling. Looking forward to expansions for the Great Beyond or even a deep dive into the Drift!


I love this book

5/5

Starfinder has become my favourite rpg so far, right after Pathfinder... One of the things I love the most is the lore, so this book is full with it, think your Campaign Setting book... while not as big as the Inner Sea Wolrd Guide, aldo of my favourite books, still is a good purchase. I would just love if the Starfinder books would be as big as the Pathfinder, or at least, if they are not the same size, then they should not be sold at the same price. Anyway, great book, a must if you are planning to play Starfinder in the core setting which, by the way, is awesome!


5/5


1 to 5 of 12 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
351 to 400 of 453 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Starfinder Charter Superscriber

The latest I've ever gotten mine was 10 pm EST... so I still got an hour of hopelessly hoping.


Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Squeakmaan wrote:
Sadly it looks like i won't be getting the shipping notification this week. Usually get mine right around this time of month.

Same. Is there any rhyme or reason to when people's orders ship? I find it hard to believe it's random when we have some people who almost always have theirs early. Do they prioritize people further away?


I got my shipping notice yesterday!! I still can't track the package yet though :(


Starfinder Superscriber
Brew Bird wrote:
Same. Is there any rhyme or reason to when people's orders ship? I find it hard to believe it's random when we have some people who almost always have theirs early. Do they prioritize people further away?

I've asked 4 different people who were shipped early this week where they lived and 3 of them were outside the US. Two of them were in Australia. I'm assuming that shipping times has at least something to do with it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Looks like I will be waiting ANOTHER week or 2 for mine to ship. Never fails. I wish they didn’t wait till it shipped. I wish they would charge me now give me the PDF, then ship later. Now I will have to build a new character so I can wait and see some of the new themes. My character won’t be able to be rebuilt after next time I play him.

I had no intentions of building a new character yet.

Any details on the Space Pirate theme? You can even PM me. My character is an Outlaw but I’m hoping space pirate will work better.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm waiting too, no worries! We should throw a party in Skeld's garage until they ship. :-D


Micheal Smith wrote:
Any details on the Space Pirate theme? You can even PM me. My character is an Outlaw but I’m hoping space pirate will work better.

Interesting... Space Pirate theme eh?

Black Dow wrote:

Could anyone give me the lowdown on the new themes presented and Kasatha-centric crunch (feats/equipment/etc)

Thanks ahead of time :)

Been wondering what the others are... Anyone care to spill the beans?

The Exchange

Has anyone else noticed that the PDF file size is stupidly large, nearly twice the size of the Core rulebook. If this wasn't a varified site, I would be wondering about extraneous coding. It's so large that I can't transfer it to my Ipad, where I prefer to read my PDFs.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yeah, the pdf did seem really big. Not sure why.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I’m really enjoying this book. The descriptions of each world have TONS of interesting plot hooks (always my favorite kinds of descriptions to read).

It still feels weird to me to have so much of the book taken up by gear/player options/spells/NPC stat blocks in what I think of as a “setting description” book. But I appreciate that it’s better organized than Alien Archive — at least the feats, spells, etc each have their own section, instead of being spread across the entire book. Hopefully the next Alien Archive book will follow suit!


Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Porridge wrote:

I’m really enjoying this book. The descriptions of each world have TONS of interesting plot hooks (always my favorite kinds of descriptions to read).

It still feels weird to me to have so much of the book taken up by gear/player options/spells/NPC stat blocks in what I think of as a “setting description” book. But I appreciate that it’s better organized than Alien Archive — at least the feats, spells, etc each have their own section, instead of being spread across the entire book. Hopefully the next Alien Archive book will follow suit!

I get why they did it they way they did in the Alien Archive. I think they should have had them consolidated in 1 section also. Or at least what they did in the Adventures Guide with archetypes. A list of weapons, armor, etc and what page they could be found on.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Micheal Smith wrote:

Looks like I will be waiting ANOTHER week or 2 for mine to ship. Never fails. I wish they didn’t wait till it shipped. I wish they would charge me now give me the PDF, then ship later. Now I will have to build a new character so I can wait and see some of the new themes. My character won’t be able to be rebuilt after next time I play him.

I had no intentions of building a new character yet.

Any details on the Space Pirate theme? You can even PM me. My character is an Outlaw but I’m hoping space pirate will work better.

If you like smuggling goods, not getting caught, and have a fighting style using a small arm and one handed weapon. You will like the space pirate.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
GeneticDrift wrote:
Micheal Smith wrote:

Looks like I will be waiting ANOTHER week or 2 for mine to ship. Never fails. I wish they didn’t wait till it shipped. I wish they would charge me now give me the PDF, then ship later. Now I will have to build a new character so I can wait and see some of the new themes. My character won’t be able to be rebuilt after next time I play him.

I had no intentions of building a new character yet.

Any details on the Space Pirate theme? You can even PM me. My character is an Outlaw but I’m hoping space pirate will work better.

If you like smuggling goods, not getting caught, and have a fighting style using a small arm and one handed weapon. You will like the space pirate.

That sounds exactly what I want. I just need my PDF or specifics. I am assuming +1 Dex.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Brew Bird wrote:
Squeakmaan wrote:
Sadly it looks like i won't be getting the shipping notification this week. Usually get mine right around this time of month.
Same. Is there any rhyme or reason to when people's orders ship? I find it hard to believe it's random when we have some people who almost always have theirs early. Do they prioritize people further away?

It's a complicated process - their main goal is to get everything shipped out as efficiently as possible. Equity concerns are high, but second to that I believe. (So for example, they try not to disadvantage non-subscribers too much if they happen to place an order mid-subscription run - nonetheless, it's likely to take a little longer than usual).

As I understand it, a big part of the process is to divide people up into 'cohorts' who are all getting the same thing. So AP subscribers + map subscribers + Pathfinder companion subscribers might go first, then Superscribers and then people just getting the AP. It isn't the same every month (as they don't want to make it easy to game the system, nor to disincentivise subscribing to one line or the other.

Also, there's a separate grouping of 'unusual' orders - people who would fit in the above cohorts but who also have preorders, multiple copies, etcetera etcetera. I believe it's someone else working on this queue while the first batch run is getting processed (so from our side of the screen it's a bit higgledy piggledy).

I've played with it a lot and can't make head nor tail of it. I used to be in the first day nearly every month, then had a year or two of being last nearly every month, now I bounce around all over the place. I'm in Australia and usually get my books prior to streetdate (I choose fast shipping options) but not every month.

The only thing I consider to be genuine intel (never confirmed by a paizo person, despite outright asking them :p) is that when I preorder a non-paizo item and ship it with my subscription it regularly screws things up (and my order sits in limbo or gets pushed past street date for that month). I've taken to ensuring non-paizo preorders are in their own standalone order now.

Dark Archive

Is the purple guy on the cover stated out anywhere?


I've heard that this book introduces a PC race with permanent shapechange, when reptoids in AA have had their shapechange nerfed into the ground compared to PF. Can we have proper reptoid shapechange back now that this new race exists?


Am curious about the Wild Warden Theme - is this connected to Castoval?

Anyone care to spoiler the basics on this one for me :)

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Black Dow wrote:

Am curious about the Wild Warden Theme - is this connected to Castoval?

Anyone care to spoiler the basics on this one for me :)

That is where you will find the theme in the book. It is the theme for someone who respects animals and plants. It has little perks for life science, survival, and medicine.

I did a quick look for the web footed purple rencrotta thing, i didnt see it. Just humanoid stat blocks.


Cheers GeneticDrift - much appreciated


Is the Sun given any attention?

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Yes, and it's my favorite section of the book! There is so much great setting detail for me as a GM to play with.


Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Steve Geddes wrote:
Brew Bird wrote:
Squeakmaan wrote:
Sadly it looks like i won't be getting the shipping notification this week. Usually get mine right around this time of month.
Same. Is there any rhyme or reason to when people's orders ship? I find it hard to believe it's random when we have some people who almost always have theirs early. Do they prioritize people further away?

It's a complicated process - their main goal is to get everything shipped out as efficiently as possible. Equity concerns are high, but second to that I believe. (So for example, they try not to disadvantage non-subscribers too much if they happen to place an order mid-subscription run - nonetheless, it's likely to take a little longer than usual).

As I understand it, a big part of the process is to divide people up into 'cohorts' who are all getting the same thing. So AP subscribers + map subscribers + Pathfinder companion subscribers might go first, then Superscribers and then people just getting the AP. It isn't the same every month (as they don't want to make it easy to game the system, nor to disincentivise subscribing to one line or the other.

Also, there's a separate grouping of 'unusual' orders - people who would fit in the above cohorts but who also have preorders, multiple copies, etcetera etcetera. I believe it's someone else working on this queue while the first batch run is getting processed (so from our side of the screen it's a bit higgledy piggledy).

I've played with it a lot and can't make head nor tail of it. I used to be in the first day nearly every month, then had a year or two of being last nearly every month, now I bounce around all over the place. I'm in Australia and usually get my books prior to streetdate (I choose fast shipping options) but not every month.

The only thing I consider to be genuine intel (never confirmed by a paizo person, despite outright asking them :p) is that when I preorder a non-paizo item and ship it with my subscription it regularly screws things up (and my...

A complicated Process? Really if it is truly that complicated then they have some serious issues. I have worked in shipping positions. It is not that complicated to process the orders and pack the shipments. You receive the order, pull the product, pack the product, process the shipment via the paid option is no more than a 10 minute process if that. That is being generous. So 1 person assuming no breaks could easily do 48 shipments non stop in 1 day. Now not every order will take that long and their will be breaks. I know I could easily do 50-75 of these a day no problem.

Now as for the order of how things are done. I always have to wait a 1.5 -2 weeks. I find that to be a bit absurd. The whole process right now is about as absurd as the process for updating the additional resources. So now I am going to have to create a second character just so I can wait to see if I can play a theme and then I have to wait another 3 months before the additional resources to be updated. I really have an issue to continue to support a company that seems to know give a crap about the thing they created. It is clear they don't have their priorities in check.

I really want to continue to support these game systems but Paizo is making this difficult. I had to wait over 100 days just to see if options were available in the Ultimate Wilderness. (Keep in mind my only Pathfinder/Starfinder is Society, which is THEIR OWN CREATED campaign) So I buy books based on what is legal in society. That is why I never GOT in to the Pathfinder Subscriptions. I really like the setting for Starfinder and decided to give it a shot, so for I have been let down.

They should process and charge everyone the first day. Then issue the PDFs. Then once a PDF has been issued there should be no refunds. Also that first day the Additional resources should be updated then. I hope they don't put out the amount of material out for Starfinder as quick as they did for Starfinder or Pathfinder 2nd edition. Focus more on QUALITY and content or just make it a money grab. Make the content worth buying. I have bought several Companions then REGRETTED and wish for a refund do to lack of quality.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Micheal Smith wrote:
I have worked in shipping positions. It is not that complicated to process the orders and pack the shipments. You receive the order, pull the product, pack the product, process the shipment via the paid option is no more than a 10 minute process if that. That is being generous. So 1 person assuming no breaks could easily do 48 shipments non stop in 1 day. Now not every order will take that long and their will be breaks. I know I could easily do 50-75 of these a day no problem.

Given the volume they ship, the limited resources they have and the 'spike' nature of the subscription process. Yes it's complicated and they do a great job. There are thousands of subscribers (there are around a thousand charter subscribers still and that's a minority). There are also hundreds of one-off, non-subscription orders which come in during each subscription run.

They have four or five people listed in the warehouse. At 50-75 packages per day each they're going to take at least a couple of weeks to complete a subscription run if they match your estimated packing rate (I suspect they do better than that and that they utilise casual labour during heavy runs).

FWIW, they aren't allowed to process the orders before they are ready to ship them (it's part of the agreement with Credit Card companies, albeit one that many ignore). Also, early access to the PDFs isn't one of the subscription perks - it's a side effect of their system but not something they are going to implement as it will damage their relationships with brick and mortar stores.

Paizo have to juggle obligations to many, many people. We each have only one relationship we need to consider when crafting our putative solutions to the spike in orders each month.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Charter Superscriber

*resumes expectantly hitting 'refresh' on e-mail awaiting the shipping notification*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber

I just got told by 2 different people that they both just got their shipping notices and now I'm over here trying to crash gmail because I'm compulsively hitting refresh.


Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Just got my PDF, after a very brief read-through, I noticed what I think is a mistake.

Spoiler:
The advanced sword-cane does only 1d4 P, same as the much much cheaper tier below it. Was this supposed to be 1d6?


Now that the prophesied document is within view, are there any questions about this book left unanswered?


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
The All-Seeing Orb wrote:
Now that the prophesied document is within view, are there any questions about this book left unanswered?

Yes, oh visionary orb. I would love to know if there is at least one archetype that does not replace levels 2, 4 AND 6.


HammerJack wrote:
The All-Seeing Orb wrote:
Now that the prophesied document is within view, are there any questions about this book left unanswered?
Yes, oh visionary orb. I would love to know if there is at least one archetype that does not replace levels 2, 4 AND 6.

Spoiler:

There are quite a few archetypes that replace things at only 2 of those levels, rather than all 3.
They are the Acanamirium Sage, the Skyfire Centurion, the Starfinder Data Jockey, and the Steward Officer


The 28th cannot get here fast enough


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber
The All-Seeing Orb wrote:
Now that the prophesied document is within view, are there any questions about this book left unanswered?

I was trying to hold back, but I'm too curious. Could you give a hint as to how the DDoS Attack spell functions?

Since its "directed" and "denial of strength", I'm a little worried its something as simple as a Ray of Fatigue.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cellion wrote:
The All-Seeing Orb wrote:
Now that the prophesied document is within view, are there any questions about this book left unanswered?

I was trying to hold back, but I'm too curious. Could you give a hint as to how the DDoS Attack spell functions?

Since its "directed" and "denial of strength", I'm a little worried its something as simple as a Ray of Fatigue.

Spoiler:
Not quite. The spell isn't particularly mechanically complex, but it is a nice mind-affecting debuff that can hit multiple targets. It would be particularly useful when trying to outrun an angry mob, or when targeting a pack-rat.

Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber
The All-Seeing Orb wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
That's just vague enough that I'm even more curious.

What would be particularly effective both vs. a mob and a pack rat? Hmmmm...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Interestingly, Aballon seems to contain the settlement with the largest human population in the Pact Worlds...


Porridge wrote:
Interestingly, Aballon seems to contain the settlement with the largest human population in the Pact Worlds...

Interesting I was sort of thinking akiton would have the bigger human population.


All-Seeing Orb, is Aucturn a good summer home for my budding Star-Spawn?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yes! Definitely! Absolutely!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Begins installing a Bantrid ramp around Skeld's house.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Hooray, finally got my shipping notification!


Do the Stewards ONLY police the Pact Worlds, or do they have authority to go beyond the solar system?


Axial wrote:
Do the Stewards ONLY police the Pact Worlds, or do they have authority to go beyond the solar system?

Spoiler:
The Stewards only police the Pact Worlds' system. Their law-enforcement jurisdiction is limited to space not governed by an individual Pact World, however. When on a planet, they act more as diplomats to maintain the cohesion of the Pact than police.

2 people marked this as a favorite.
AmbassadoroftheDominion wrote:
All-Seeing Orb, is Aucturn a good summer home for my budding Star-Spawn?

Spoiler:
Yes! There's lots to see and do on Aucturn. Unfortunately, if you've awoken from your eons long hibernation expecting to visit The Loving Place, you'll be disappointed to find it's more of a "Fighting" place now. Or perhaps it's just gotten very kinky.

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
kaid wrote:
Porridge wrote:
Interestingly, Aballon seems to contain the settlement with the largest human population in the Pact Worlds...
Interesting I was sort of thinking akiton would have the bigger human population.

Yeah, me too!

(To be fair, I'm just going off of the numbers given for the largest city of the respective planets. We're not given numbers for the planet as a whole.)


kinky you mind explain that all seeing orb san please


Starfinder Superscriber

Got my shipping notification yesterday while I was in class. Started reading last night when I got home. I'm really digging this book. The art is great. I made it through the section on the sun so far. The themes all seem interesting. There's a LOT of stuff to go through, though.


Khadgar,
I think he's referring to a location on Aucturn mentioned in the Starfinder Core Rulebook that releases a pheromone of some sort that causes all sorts of beings to do all sorts of things even Eros wouldn't do. (entendres intended)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber

It's apparently tied to each of the 'deadly sins' but it goes through a cycle. It's currently on Wrath, but is expected to change soon. Apparently in PF timeline, it was on Lust.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Just got my hard copy this morning, amazingly early , normally I get it near or on the street date. Overseas posting to the UK, with a none paizo item added to the subscription.

Grand Lodge

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Got my pdf yesterday! Favorite line so far:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Bars, nightclubs, and VR arcades are popular businesses no matter where one goes, though one culture’s dancing might seem like violence to another.

Which makes me think that vesk dancing is remarkably akin to a mosh pit and/or simple pitched battle.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Interesting spoiler for the Dead Suns Adventure Path in the Eox chapter:

Spoiler:

Pg 93, the note about "See Starfinder Adventure Path #6" confirms Corpsefolk for that book, so yet more options for undead player races, probably.

351 to 400 of 453 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Starfinder Pact Worlds All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.