Weekly Wonders—Archetypes of the Ancients Volume I: Atlantis (PFRPG) PDF
Necromancers of the Northwest
Harness the Power of Atlantis!
Plumbing ancient ruins in search of long-forgotten secrets and the power of lost civilizations is nothing new to adventurers. Few fantasy settings are without some lost civilization from ages before, which boasted magic or technology far more advanced than anything seen today. But if you’re going to go after mythical cities from bygone eras, you may as well go after the best of the best. Each installment of Weekly Wonders: Archetypes of the Ancients takes a single real-world mythological city, lost continent, or hidden kingdom and provides six archetypes specifically designed to invoke the themes and elements that that place is known for.
This installment focuses on perhaps the most well-known lost civilization of them all, the city of Atlantis. Famous for its advanced culture, technology, and magic, said to be far superior than anything the current world possesses, for all its greatness, Atlantis was lost beneath the waves in a great catastrophe, setting back the development of mankind for untold centuries. While there are many legends and tales about exactly what Atlantis was like, the archetypes in this book focus on some of the common threads shared by most of them: advanced magic and technology, the ability to harness and control energy, heavy use of crystalsand a close connection to the water. This book contains the following archetypes:
• The ancient experimenter, an alchemist archetype that is adept at manipulating minerals.
• The ancient weapon master, a gunslinger archetype that specializes in the use of ancient Atlantean weaponry.
• The techblade, a magus archetype that blends modern magic with ancient Atlantean technology.
• The lorefinder of Atlantis, a rogue archetype that weaponizes obscure lore and ancient knowledge, and has a particular knack for using ancient technology.
• The Atlantean master craftsman, a wizard archetype that can make items to replicate the ancient wonders of Atlantis.
• A bonus discipline for the psion, from Psionics Unleashed by Dreamscarred Press, the Atlantean psion derives her power from a connection o ancient Atlantis, and, among other things, can use her own psychic power to fuel magic items.
Whether you're about to embark on an archaeological campaign (such as the official Paizo adventure path dealing with seeking out the secrets of a lost and ancient civilization), or you just want to play a character with a connection to the ancient past, this book has lots of tantalizing options to offer. Even GMs can get in on the fun, as several of the archetypes here are perfect for NPCs tied to mythical places as well, and can make for exciting and memorable encounters.
Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at email@example.com.