Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary 6 (PFRPG)

4.30/5 (based on 19 ratings)
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary 6 (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Hardcover $44.99

Add PDF $19.99

Non-Mint Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Bow Down in Fear!

Monsters have long stalked us in the darkness. Within this book, you’ll find a host of these creatures for use in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Face off against archdevils and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, planar dragons and the legendary wild hunt, proteans and psychopomps, and hundreds more! Some creatures, such as the capricious taniwha, the mysterious green man, or the powerful empyreal lords, might even be willing to provide your heroes aid—if they deserve it!

Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 6 is the sixth must-have volume of monsters for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and serves as a companion to the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook and Pathfinder RPG Bestiary. This imaginative tabletop game builds upon more than 10 years of system development and an open playtest featuring more than 50,000 gamers to create a cutting-edge RPG experience that brings the all-time best-selling set of fantasy rules into a new era.

Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 6 includes:

  • More than 200 different monsters.
  • New player-friendly races, like the crazed monkey goblins, the telepathic albino munavris, the river-dwelling fey naiads, the wolflike rougarou, and the yaddithians of the Elder Mythos.
  • Numerous powerful demigods, from archdevils and Great Old Ones to empyreal lords and qlippoth lords.
  • New animal companions and other allies, such as fierce devil monkeys and loyal clockwork hounds.
  • New templates, including the entothrope and the mongrel giant, to help you get more life out of classic monsters.
  • Appendices to help you find the right monster, including lists by Challenge Rating, monster type, and habitat.
  • Expanded universal monster rules to simplify combat.
  • Challenges for every adventure and every level of play.
  • AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-931-8

Other Resources: This product is also available on the following platforms:

Hero Lab Online
Fantasy Grounds Virtual Tabletop
Archives of Nethys

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Rulebook Subscription.

Product Availability

Hardcover:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 11 to 20 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Unavailable

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO1137


See Also:

1 to 5 of 19 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.30/5 (based on 19 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.



And i thought i didn't need this one!

5/5

I had thought when Bestiary 6 came out I wouldn't need it.

How wrong was I!

This book will definitely take it's place as one of the essential Pathfinder books in my collection, if you're waiting to get this, don't! Get it now!

Well done Paizo!

My one complaint is mine had the same s@%@ty yellow binding glue as the first printing of the Starfinder CRB, but I'm not dropping the rating because it is that good (also I still have binding glue leftover from my Starfinder CRB).


A solid addition

4/5

So Bestiary 5 was a bit disappointing to me, but this one is something that did something with Pathfinder I haven't seen in a while: gave me ideas that I wanted to use. A lot of the monsters presented are honestly interesting. As usual, there are some reprints from other products, but I always favor having consolidated lists of things. I won't use everything, but there is enough here that I'll be using a good chunk.

Also, the weremantis reminded me how much I love Portal, so I have to give it to them there.


Upward Trend

5/5

A wide variety of creatures with overall high quality artwork. I like the inclusion of the numerous high CR creatures.

Bestiary 5 and 6 have been my favorite Bestiary books by far.


Unusable

1/5

So me and two other guys from my gaming group ordered this book from amazon. WOW, all of us have missing and or scrambled pages.

I have over 17 missing pages (most of the archdevils content)and more or less 20 pages out of order. I don't know if they are sending all the "special" books down here, but I can assure you I will never buy a physical book from Paizo anymore.


1 to 5 of 19 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
2,051 to 2,100 of 3,693 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

or does the "Shapeless" descriptor suggest an ooze-like aberration with plant physiology?

also, I go to sleep at a reasonable hour so that I can wake up at 4:00 and miss my chance to ask a spoiler-ific question. Dag nab it.


If it is ooze-like then it wouldn't be anything like Biollante.

Silver Crusade

Might be Hedorah then.

Dark Archive

4 people marked this as a favorite.

What if they are actually completely original stuff? :D

Silver Crusade

O.O


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Yeah I totes need all the kaiju stated One day Ill do that destroy all monsters game.

You might at least wait until someone stats up a giant mecha pilot or an Ultraman Ultimateman* classes for the PCs. :)

(* or a "beta capsule" artifact)

Todd Stewart wrote:
I had fun with Szuriel. >:)

You look in remarkably good health for someone surviving such an encounter. :) Although... that smile you're wearing is a bit worrying.


Well at least inspired by Hedorah since they can only get so close legally speaking.


Was there ever a bestiary that didn't had a new outsider category from the great beyond (not native)? I'm really confident that B6 has completely new subtypes for outsiders - and I hope for the Fey too (medium fairy like creatures or even the Wild Hunt, maybe?).

We already have:

Celestials (Angels, Archons, Agathions, Azatas) = Upper Planes (Heaven, Nirvana, Elysium)
Fiends (Devils, Asuras, Demons, Qlippoth, Demodands, Daemons, Divs) = Lower Planes (Hell, Abyss and Abaddon)

Inevitable = Axis
Psychopomp = Boneyard
Proteans = Maelstorm

Elementals (Including the Genie) = Elemental Planes (Air, Earth, Fire, Water)

Sahkil = Ethereal Plane
Kyton = Shadow Plane

Nightshades (even if they are undeads) = Negative Energy Plane
Manasaputra = Positive Energy Plane


We have yet to see a group of outsiders from the dimension of time, dimension of dreams, and astral plane. Could use more creatures from the maelstrom as well and not just proteans, heck not just outsiders.


Is the cover featured up above the actual cover for the book?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Berselius wrote:
Is the cover featured up above the actual cover for the book?

Nope - still the placeholder.


Up until now there has been no bestiary cover in which an iconic was featured. And also, there are always illustrations for at least three of the most notorious/popular monsters of the book.

Which monsters do you believe that will be on the cover?

I'm guessing a certain CR 30 Archdevil will be one of them.

I would put the four horsemen in their nightmares right below and archdevil and an empyreal lord, finishing with a big Great Old One behind them all... A picture of an inevitable end. *~*

But that would kill the clients of excitement before they could purchase the book, so, nope.


I am hoping a kaiju made the cover but more then likely it will be one of archdevils and/or horsemen.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
James Jacobs wrote:
Also, there's a pretty scary monster called the "Whisperer" which is fully inspired by Algernon Blackwood's "The Willows."

lurks on the edge of perception

soon


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I hope Arshea, Szuriel, and Ardad Lili are on the cover. :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Berselius wrote:
I hope Arshea, Szuriel, and Ardad Lili are on the cover. :D

None of the Queens of the Night are in the book, but I would love to see Ardad Lili as well, and her peers.


Hmmm...maybe Arshea, Szuriel, the Green Man, and the Krampus then?

Silver Crusade

*crosses fingers for Szuriel*


I wonder if the cover has even been decided yet let alone completed?

If so, one or many monsters on the cover?

Guessing is going to be fun. :)


Krampus is another one that could be on the cover.


*crosses fingers for Arshea*

(but then realizes that everyone already knew that)

#^_~#

Shadow Lodge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2010 Top 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The thing I'm most hoping makes it onto the cover hasn't been mentioned in the previews yet. :)


Maybe this mystery creature will be mentioned/shown when they update the art/product description or at least during a preview.


Lemartes wrote:
I wonder if the cover has even been decided yet let alone completed?
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Any chance we might get an estimate for when the cover art will be updated?
The cover is of course done, since the book's been sent to the printer, but the decision of when to upload the final cover to the book isn't mine to make. It'll happen eventually. Please be patient until then.

As Mr. Jacobs said here, the cover is already done and even the book has already been sent to the printer. We are only waiting for the decision of uploading the cover to be taken - and that decision isn't in Mr. Jacobs hands.

Probably next month, but it could be today or tomorrow... I'm sure we are all going to rejoice whenever it's uploaded.


The cover must be something, because they usually have the final cover long before it comes out..well for the bestiaries they do anyway.

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Dragon78 wrote:
The cover must be something, because they usually have the final cover long before it comes out..well for the bestiaries they do anyway.

I hope it's black and white, done by Erol Otus.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I would like to see him do the cover art for misfit monster redeemed 2;)


The Gold Sovereign wrote:
Lemartes wrote:
I wonder if the cover has even been decided yet let alone completed?
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Any chance we might get an estimate for when the cover art will be updated?
The cover is of course done, since the book's been sent to the printer, but the decision of when to upload the final cover to the book isn't mine to make. It'll happen eventually. Please be patient until then.

As Mr. Jacobs said here, the cover is already done and even the book has already been sent to the printer. We are only waiting for the decision of uploading the cover to be taken - and that decision isn't in Mr. Jacobs hands.

Probably next month, but it could be today or tomorrow... I'm sure we are all going to rejoice whenever it's uploaded.

Cool. Thanks. :)

We can still guess though! :)


Lemartes wrote:
The Gold Sovereign wrote:
Lemartes wrote:
I wonder if the cover has even been decided yet let alone completed?
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Any chance we might get an estimate for when the cover art will be updated?
The cover is of course done, since the book's been sent to the printer, but the decision of when to upload the final cover to the book isn't mine to make. It'll happen eventually. Please be patient until then.

As Mr. Jacobs said here, the cover is already done and even the book has already been sent to the printer. We are only waiting for the decision of uploading the cover to be taken - and that decision isn't in Mr. Jacobs hands.

Probably next month, but it could be today or tomorrow... I'm sure we are all going to rejoice whenever it's uploaded.

Cool. Thanks. :)

We can still guess though! :)

Indeed, and as I started this, I'm guessing Mephistofeles is on the cover.

Another one of my curiosities is if any of the already existing creatures has become a new category - like the Rakshasa and the Kyton did.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Gold Sovereign wrote:
Lemartes wrote:
The Gold Sovereign wrote:
Lemartes wrote:
I wonder if the cover has even been decided yet let alone completed?
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Any chance we might get an estimate for when the cover art will be updated?
The cover is of course done, since the book's been sent to the printer, but the decision of when to upload the final cover to the book isn't mine to make. It'll happen eventually. Please be patient until then.

As Mr. Jacobs said here, the cover is already done and even the book has already been sent to the printer. We are only waiting for the decision of uploading the cover to be taken - and that decision isn't in Mr. Jacobs hands.

Probably next month, but it could be today or tomorrow... I'm sure we are all going to rejoice whenever it's uploaded.

Cool. Thanks. :)

We can still guess though! :)

Indeed, and as I started this, I'm guessing Mephistofeles is on the cover.

Another one of my curiosities is if any of the already existing creatures has become a new category - like the Rakshasa and the Kyton did.

*crosses fingers for Dispater and Ragathiel cover*


Lets see, covers so far...

B1- Marilith, Troll, and Goblins

B2- Jaberwocky, Keketar, and Gremlins

B3- Great Cyclopes, Graveknight, and Kappa

B4- Cthulhu, Grendal, and Nosferatu

B5- Grim Reaper, Deep One, and Grey

B1- outsider(demon), humanoid(giant), and humanoid(goblinoid)

B2- dragon, outsider(protean), and fey

B3- humanoid(giant), undead, and monstrous humanoid

B4- aberration, monstrous humanoid, and undead

B5- undead, monstrous humanoid, and humanoid(grey)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

11 people marked this as a favorite.

The monster type has absolutely nothing to do with what we choose for covers, by the way. For bestiaries, its' generally something along the lines of a group of three different sizes—big, little, and in between. And by sizes I mean how the image is framed—Bestiary 1 has Small and two Larges, but the marilith is posed in the backgroud so that perspective allows her to fill the "in between" slot.

What DOES matter when we choose monsters is a combination of "What do we like for monsters in the book" plus "What monsters are instantly recognizable for the type of monsters they are?"

So...

B1; Snake lady, troll/ogre, goblins

B2: Jabberwock, snake monster, gremlins

B3: Cyclops, spooky haunted knight, kappa

B4: Cthulhu, ogre monster, vampire

B5: Grim Reaper, Deep One, and Gray Alien

Gamers who play Pathfinder are NOT the primary target audience for a book cover or title, frankly. We do try to make sure they're of interest to them, obviously, but the primary purpose of the cover is to both attract the attention of the casual person who doesn't know much about the book but might be intrigued by something on it that catches their eye (which is why we tend to pick monsters that are iconic in the real world in some way, rather than putting monsters that are not or are somewhat mundane in appearance), but also to excite the distributors and retailers, because if they aren't interested in a book they won't order it and no gamer will be able to buy it from them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm betting Krampus is on the cover......just sayin.....


I am betting an archedevil, horsemen, and/or krampus.


Any spoilers on Arshea you can give us James? :D

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Berselius wrote:
Any spoilers on Arshea you can give us James? :D

We're still months out from the book's release, which also means we're still months out from actual previews of the book's contents. We'll get there eventually, but now is not the time, alas.


Hmm I think James gave us a good clue as to what won't be on the cover.

I would say an Archedevil or the Horsemen would fit the criteria he mentioned to be on the cover. Although I'm probably wrong.

Anyways, I think all four horsemen on the cover would be awesome. :)

Dark Archive

They don´t come bigger than Kaiju, do they?

So i guess an iconic Kaiju is on the cover and maybe one horseman, either Death on his pale horse or WAR.
The third one i have no idea about.

Silver Crusade Contributor

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Marco Massoudi wrote:
So i guess an iconic Kaiju is on the cover and maybe one horseman, either Death on his pale horse or WAR.

To be fair... I guarantee you WAR will be on the cover somewhere. ^_^


Now that I think about it, if they use a kaiju for the cover it would be so big that all you would see is a foot, tail, etc. unless they show it way in the background.


Dragon78 wrote:
Now that I think about it, if they use a kaiju for the cover it would be so big that all you would see is a foot, tail, etc. unless they show it way in the background.

Kinda like what was done with Cthulhu for Bestiary 5 ?

Carry on!

--C.


Psiphyre wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Now that I think about it, if they use a kaiju for the cover it would be so big that all you would see is a foot, tail, etc. unless they show it way in the background.

Kinda like what was done with Cthulhu for Bestiary 5 ?

Carry on!

--C.

How about 4? It wasn't 5.

5 has Grim Reaper, Greys and...darn, I forget! And it is one of my favorite covers, too...


Cthulhu was in B4, but yeah something like that.

B5 also had the deep one on the cover.


Fourshadow wrote:
Psiphyre wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Now that I think about it, if they use a kaiju for the cover it would be so big that all you would see is a foot, tail, etc. unless they show it way in the background.

Kinda like what was done with Cthulhu for Bestiary 5 ?

Carry on!

--C.

How about 4? It wasn't 5.

5 has Grim Reaper, Greys and...darn, I forget! And it is one of my favorite covers, too...

Whoops. Wrong volume.

Brain fart?

Bestiary 4 is correct!

Cookie for you!

Carry on.

--C.


Is there anything in the product description we haven't talked about yet?


Dragon78 wrote:
Is there anything in the product description we haven't talked about yet?

I feel like the Green Man, the god haunted statues, and the entothrope didn't get the attention they deserved. What are the entothrope anyway? Does anyone know?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
The Gold Sovereign wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
Is there anything in the product description we haven't talked about yet?
I feel like the Green Man, the god haunted statues, and the entothrope didn't get the attention they deserved. What are the entothrope anyway? Does anyone know?

I believe entothropes are the verminous versions of lycanthropes.


What's the Green Man and the God Haunted Statues? I showed up late to this thread. :(


Rysky wrote:
Might be Hedorah then.

Nah, see, it's actually the monster from Yoshimitsu Banno's cancelled Godzilla vs Hedorah 2. 'Cause using the first smog monster would just be silly!

2,051 to 2,100 of 3,693 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary 6 (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.