Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary 6 (PFRPG)

4.20/5 (based on 20 ratings)
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary 6 (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Hardcover $44.99

Add PDF $9.99

Non-Mint Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Bow Down in Fear!

Monsters have long stalked us in the darkness. Within this book, you’ll find a host of these creatures for use in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Face off against archdevils and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, planar dragons and the legendary wild hunt, proteans and psychopomps, and hundreds more! Some creatures, such as the capricious taniwha, the mysterious green man, or the powerful empyreal lords, might even be willing to provide your heroes aid—if they deserve it!

Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 6 is the sixth must-have volume of monsters for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and serves as a companion to the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook and Pathfinder RPG Bestiary. This imaginative tabletop game builds upon more than 10 years of system development and an open playtest featuring more than 50,000 gamers to create a cutting-edge RPG experience that brings the all-time best-selling set of fantasy rules into a new era.

Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 6 includes:

  • More than 200 different monsters.
  • New player-friendly races, like the crazed monkey goblins, the telepathic albino munavris, the river-dwelling fey naiads, the wolflike rougarou, and the yaddithians of the Elder Mythos.
  • Numerous powerful demigods, from archdevils and Great Old Ones to empyreal lords and qlippoth lords.
  • New animal companions and other allies, such as fierce devil monkeys and loyal clockwork hounds.
  • New templates, including the entothrope and the mongrel giant, to help you get more life out of classic monsters.
  • Appendices to help you find the right monster, including lists by Challenge Rating, monster type, and habitat.
  • Expanded universal monster rules to simplify combat.
  • Challenges for every adventure and every level of play.
  • AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-931-8

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Rulebook Subscription.

Product Availability

Hardcover:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Unavailable

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO1137


See Also:

1 to 5 of 20 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.20/5 (based on 20 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Pure Money-grab

2/5

While there are some gems here, the Bestiary 6 is example #1 of the perils of pure money-grabbing. The number of downright silly or derivative creatures here is mind-boggling. Do we need more (X)-giants? Or more female sin demons? Speaking of gender, Paizo's blatant gender discrimination against males is on full display here, with far more creatures that are female-only or described as "A woman..." than there are for males.

If you take all the gems from bestiaries 3-6 and get rid of all the silly or repetitive creatures, you'd have 4 bestiaries total, instead of 6. Instead, Paizo treats these like cable subscriptions, filling these books with numerous "channels" you don't want or need, while giving you a few you'll actually watch.


And i thought i didn't need this one!

5/5

I had thought when Bestiary 6 came out I wouldn't need it.

How wrong was I!

This book will definitely take it's place as one of the essential Pathfinder books in my collection, if you're waiting to get this, don't! Get it now!

Well done Paizo!

My one complaint is mine had the same s%+~ty yellow binding glue as the first printing of the Starfinder CRB, but I'm not dropping the rating because it is that good (also I still have binding glue leftover from my Starfinder CRB).


A solid addition

4/5

So Bestiary 5 was a bit disappointing to me, but this one is something that did something with Pathfinder I haven't seen in a while: gave me ideas that I wanted to use. A lot of the monsters presented are honestly interesting. As usual, there are some reprints from other products, but I always favor having consolidated lists of things. I won't use everything, but there is enough here that I'll be using a good chunk.

Also, the weremantis reminded me how much I love Portal, so I have to give it to them there.


Upward Trend

5/5

A wide variety of creatures with overall high quality artwork. I like the inclusion of the numerous high CR creatures.

Bestiary 5 and 6 have been my favorite Bestiary books by far.


Unusable

1/5

So me and two other guys from my gaming group ordered this book from amazon. WOW, all of us have missing and or scrambled pages.

I have over 17 missing pages (most of the archdevils content)and more or less 20 pages out of order. I don't know if they are sending all the "special" books down here, but I can assure you I will never buy a physical book from Paizo anymore.


1 to 5 of 20 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
1,151 to 1,200 of 3,692 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

While we have a huge Jabberwock in the cover of the First World campaign setting, other than that, there was no confirmation/hint/tease about anything related to Carroll/Wonderland for neither of them.

Yet I think it's safe to assume that at least in the campaign setting we will have something about the existing Tanes - a Jabberwock owned by one of the Eldest or jubjub birds here and there.


Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Berselius wrote:
Also, the Cheshire Cat would be cool as a Tane designed to spy, infiltrate, confuse, and ultimately defeat the enemies of the Eldest through intelligent (or possibly occult-based) methods.

** spoiler omitted **

Is there any confirmation/hint/tease of Carroll/Wonderland critters popping up in this or the The First World book?

LOL. Thanks but I don't think it'll fit the bill. The Tane are supposed to be First Worldian weapons of mass destruction and a CR of 1/2 just doesn't fit the bill. Also my group's GM doesn't permit the use of any 3rd party Pathfinder product in our campaign. :(

Dark Archive

Dragon78 wrote:
I like the "adorable fire breathing bondage bear" art better. Also magenta can be scary since the color of the creature trying to kill you doesn't really matter in how scary it makes it. Speaking of color, we need a monster that is plaid:)

I also like the original art better.

The new one looks like a Horned Devil a lot.

The Jabberwock and all the other "First World" monsters look a little "funny" too, yet they are deadly foes.
It's part of their appeal.
The new art is run of the mill, nothing special.


Hey, I am still looking for jester, clown, and mime based monsters;)


Berselius wrote:

LOL. Thanks but I don't think it'll fit the bill. The Tane are supposed to be First Worldian weapons of mass destruction and a CR of 1/2 just doesn't fit the bill.

just wanna point this out, but if they typically came in packs of 30 a Cr 1/2 creature could be something of a threat. Not arguing for the example given, just saying their could be justification for a quick breeding or multiplying Thane of a lower Cr.


Marco Massoudi wrote:


I also like the original art better.

The new one looks like a Horned Devil a lot.

I somehow seem to have missed the original art :(

Where is it to be found ?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
nighttree wrote:
Marco Massoudi wrote:


I also like the original art better.

The new one looks like a Horned Devil a lot.

I somehow seem to have missed the original art :(

Where is it to be found ?

Bestiary 2


I wonder if the two headed dragon is one of the 5 new true dragons. Maybe it is the one for chaos/the maelstrom:)


Dragon78 wrote:
Hey, I am still looking for jester, clown, and mime based monsters;)

You want the Boogie Man monster then. It's got some nasty abilities and at CR 10 it should offer party of 4 PC's around 8th to 9th level a wonderfully scary time.


The art for the Boogie Man looks more like a circus ringleader and he doesn't have any clown, jester, or mime based/themed abilities.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dragon78 wrote:
I wonder if the two headed dragon is one of the 5 new true dragons. Maybe it is the one for chaos/the maelstrom:)

It's not. It's its own thing.


I want the French/German mythology Hellequin in bestiary 6/7.

Of course Dragon doesn't want it, because it is my wish.

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

Looking forward to seeing this "elder wyrm". ^_^


James Jacobs wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
I wonder if the two headed dragon is one of the 5 new true dragons. Maybe it is the one for chaos/the maelstrom:)
It's not. It's its own thing.

Is it from a mythology/folklore? Or is it called really two-headed dragon?


Kal,

Is that a Mythos term or just in general?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Dragon78 wrote:
The art for the Boogie Man looks more like a circus ringleader and he doesn't have any clown, jester, or mime based/themed abilities.

In fact, the bogeyman is an EXCELLENT choice as a clown stand-in. They don't all dress identically to the one in the art in Bestiary 6 (as we've shown several times in different illustrations of them in different adventures) and can absolutely dress in a clown type outfit. And personally, I see their deepest fear and striking fear as VERY on topic for clown-themed abilities.

It's true, though, that they don't do well as mimes.

I strongly doubt we'll ever put "clown" in a bestiary and I know we'll never put "mime" in a bestiary. Not only do these things work better as Profession skills, but the idea of clown as a specific monster, while an excellent and creepy one, is very modern. It feels too anachronistic to me to include in a book as a specific monster. It does NOT feel anachronistic to include a clown in an adventure, though. (Such a clown would be statted up as a bogeyman, or as a humanoid or whatever with class levels and stuff.)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Nightterror wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
I wonder if the two headed dragon is one of the 5 new true dragons. Maybe it is the one for chaos/the maelstrom:)
It's not. It's its own thing.
Is it from a mythology/folklore? Or is it called really two-headed dragon?

Okay, okay... the internet wins, but only because my defenses are down 'cause I'm sick.

The two-headed dragon in Bestiary 6 is the CR 24 elder wyrm. Which is a non-unique singular dragon, a la the guardian dragon, shen, spine dragon, or wyvern. It has nothing to do with the Mythos (we don't use the "elder gods" part of the Mythos in Pathfinder).


Dragon78 wrote:
The art for the Boogie Man looks more like a circus ringleader and he doesn't have any clown, jester, or mime based/themed abilities.

(shrugs) Make do with what you got I guess? Maybe you can find some 3rd party equivalent?


Thank you for the clarification, Mister Jacobs on that two headed non Mythos Dragon.


James Jacobs wrote:
Nightterror wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
I wonder if the two headed dragon is one of the 5 new true dragons. Maybe it is the one for chaos/the maelstrom:)
It's not. It's its own thing.
Is it from a mythology/folklore? Or is it called really two-headed dragon?

Okay, okay... the internet wins, but only because my defenses are down 'cause I'm sick.

The two-headed dragon in Bestiary 6 is the CR 24 elder wyrm. Which is a non-unique singular dragon, a la the guardian dragon, shen, spine dragon, or wyvern. It has nothing to do with the Mythos (we don't use the "elder gods" part of the Mythos in Pathfinder).

Wow, so, uh, are the elder wyrms supposed to be the wellspring from which all the Linnorms are descended from or are they actually Fafnheir's spawn instead? Or are they related to the gods in some manner (aka guardian dragons, behemoths, etc etc)?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Berselius wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Nightterror wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
I wonder if the two headed dragon is one of the 5 new true dragons. Maybe it is the one for chaos/the maelstrom:)
It's not. It's its own thing.
Is it from a mythology/folklore? Or is it called really two-headed dragon?

Okay, okay... the internet wins, but only because my defenses are down 'cause I'm sick.

The two-headed dragon in Bestiary 6 is the CR 24 elder wyrm. Which is a non-unique singular dragon, a la the guardian dragon, shen, spine dragon, or wyvern. It has nothing to do with the Mythos (we don't use the "elder gods" part of the Mythos in Pathfinder).

Wow, so, uh, are the elder wyrms supposed to be the wellspring from which all the Linnorms are descended from or are they actually Fafnheir's spawn instead? Or are they related to the gods in some manner (aka guardian dragons, behemoths, etc etc)?

Elder wyrms are not linnorms, and are no more connected to linnorms than are shens, guardian dragons, wyverns, or any other creature with the dragon subtype. You'll need to wait for Bestiary 6 to be out to learn more, though!


Damn, I wasted my only answered question on a creature I really don't care for.

Rather would have asked a question on a creature I do find interesting.


Berselius wrote:
Wow, so, uh, are the elder wyrms supposed to be the wellspring from which all the Linnorms are descended from or are they actually Fafnheir's spawn instead? Or are they related to the gods in some manner (aka guardian dragons, behemoths, etc etc)?

You would probably like to take a look at Ragadahn and also at what is to come about him in the First World campaign setting.

The linnorms in pathfinder came from the First World, and Ragadahn is one of the most powerful creatures from that realm - an Eldest. And also, he is the sole linnorm demigod. Probably the one who fathered them. Fafnheir, I believe, is just a really powerful unique linnorm.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well Fafnheir might be unique to Golarion but that might not be the case in the First World;)

Elder Wyrm, two headed dragon, CR24, nice. I can't wait to one day see dragons with a CR26-30.


Dragon78 wrote:

Well Fafnheir might be unique to Golarion but that might not be the case in the First World;)

Elder Wyrm, two headed dragon, CR24, nice. I can't wait to one day see dragons with a CR26-30.

If we ever had stats for the demigod dragons fathered by Apsu in his ambulatory - and their existence is also an assumption based in the idea that his wyrmlings would carry a fraction of his divine spark.

At least now we have 3 CR 24 dragons. Guardian, Shen and the two-headed elder wyrm.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So, speculation on which empyreal lords'll be in B6. My guesses:

• Ragathiel, because Dispater (his father) is in B6.

• Pulura, since's the most prominent in a previous adventure path (Wrath of the Righteous), and is one of James' favorites.

• Ashava, because she's another one of James's favorites, I'm guessing because of her similarity to Eilistraee.

And either:

• Black Butterfly, again, because she's one of James's favorites likely due to her connection to Desna.

or:

• Arshea, due either to popularity among the audience, or Paizo wanting to promote trans-inclusiveness.

Black Butterfly's kind of a flat character, and Arshea might be considered too risque for a hardcover, which is why I consider them either-ors.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

AR-SHE-A! AR-SHE-A! :D


I hope the Elder Wyrm has a connection to the first world.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Re the two-headed dragon, I wonder if it's inspired by


I hope pathfinder base the Argopelter (fearsome critter) on a one-headed Demogorgon. Much smaller of course.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Berselius wrote:
AR-SHE-A! AR-SHE-A! :D

I wonder -- if Arshea is published in a Bestiary, will we get a more benign version of the "Succubus in a Grapple" thread?


I'm still intrigued by the Wild Hunt, even more with the fact that they were said to be a new group of creatures. What type of creature is/are it/them? Fey? Outsider? Undead? I can't stop thinking about the possibilities!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
The Gold Sovereign wrote:
I'm still intrigued by the Wild Hunt, even more with the fact that they were said to be a new group of creatures. What type of creature is/are it/them? Fey? Outsider? Undead?

Extraplanar Undead Fey!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Extraplanar Undead Fey!

That just made my day, Rysky! XD

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
The Gold Sovereign wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Extraplanar Undead Fey!
That just made my day, Rysky! XD

Aww, you're welcome ^w^


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Gold Sovereign wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Extraplanar Undead Fey!
That just made my day, Rysky! XD

Plane shift back to your native plane!

There, now you just have an Undead Fey, no Extraplanar subtype. Consider your day UNMADE!


My moneys on an official "Phantom" type......


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I would be very disappointed if the Wild Hunt wasn't of the fey type.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Has the troop type appeared in Bestiaries yet?


Samy wrote:
Has the troop type appeared in Bestiaries yet?

Never before, the troops of goblins will be the first troop in a bestiary. Hope there are other goblinoid troops, like those of hobgoblins and bugbears. Especially hobgoblins, for the upcoming AP.

Paizo Employee Developer

9 people marked this as a favorite.

The great thing about getting the troop rules in Bestiary 6 is that those of us making adventures can just reference the PRD. A few of us tried to get troop rules into Bestiary 5 so we wouldn't have to reprint the subtype each time a troop featured in a module or Adventure Path volume. Yay troops!


Berselius wrote:
AR-SHE-A! AR-SHE-A! :D

I believe it's pronounced AHR-shey, but that came as a surprise to me too.


I wonder wich "old school monsters" made it in.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
AlgaeNymph wrote:
Berselius wrote:
AR-SHE-A! AR-SHE-A! :D
I believe it's pronounced AHR-shey, but that came as a surprise to me too.

That pronunciation just makes me want chocolate.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hunt, the PugWumpus wrote:
AlgaeNymph wrote:
Berselius wrote:
AR-SHE-A! AR-SHE-A! :D
I believe it's pronounced AHR-shey, but that came as a surprise to me too.
That pronunciation just makes me want chocolate.

May the magnimarian burlesque parlor temples spread the word of the host of delectation! May the swan maiden high priests praise the name of spirit of abandon! :D


Chocolate is now a verb? Okay.


Awhile ago I asked Mr. Jacobs if any "old school" monsters like the ravid, digester, or arrowhawke made it into B6. He said no to those but did say that some old school creatures made it in. Also said he considers none of the creatures I asked to be "old school".

Dark Archive

hmm could it be that those platonic solid based monsters are back?


Bonesnapper


I am hoping there will be 4 empyreal lords, one for each type(agathion, angel, archon, and azata).

Agathions

1st choice- Halcomora

2nd choice- Bharnarol

3rd choice- Jaidz

Angels

1st choice- Ragathiel

2nd choice- Seramaydie

3rd choice- Pulura

Archons

1st choice- Ghenshau

2nd choice- Falayna

3rd choice- Tanagaar

Azatas

1st choice- Black Butterfly

2nd choice- Ashava

3rd choice- Picoperi

1,151 to 1,200 of 3,692 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary 6 (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.