|Jason Nelson Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games|
|2 people marked this as a favorite.|
Sure, here's a handful:
- Cannibal compulsion does pretty much exactly what it says, inflaming you with bloodlust and a terrible hunger that can only be sated by the flesh of your own kind.
- Dark desolation shrouds you with darkness that follows you around and fills you with despair
- Deadly diminution gradually shrinks you one size category every day; if you're already Fine, you might just shrink into subatomic nothingness!
- Deliquescent flesh causes your bones to melt and your internal structure to collapse, eventually leaving you a quivering mass of jellied meat.
- Famine's feast arouses an unendurable and unquenchable hunger within you, causing you to begin wasting away into emaciated oblivion even as you gorge yourself on anything within reach.
- Fatal strength makes you stronger and stronger, which sounds great except that it does it by leaching away your vitality as you wither into old age and death.
- Hatemonger's halo surrounds the accursed creature with a mantle of infectious hatred, making him highly susceptible to mental control (as long as it is to bring harm to those she hates) but also allowing her to inspire hatred, violence, and murder in the hearts of others.
And that's just seven of the curses in this book!
What a cheery and deliciously evil assortment they are!
And while it's not meant as a joke, dark desolation sounds comical to me. It just reminds me of an old minor Lil' Abner character, Joe Bfstplk, who was the unluckiest man in the world. To the point where he had a little thundercloud following him everywhere, and when something somehow went well for him, he got immediately zapped with a lightning bolt.