Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Monk Class Deck

5.00/5 (based on 1 rating)
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Monk Class Deck
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Deck $19.99 $9.99

Non-Mint Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Mind and Body!

Monks can become living weapons as capable of killing as any blade. The Monk Class Deck allows players to bring these inspired warriors to any Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Base Set. This 109-card deck contains 3 new characters, as well as enough new and familiar weapons, spells, items, and other boons to advance your monk through an entire Adventure Path. This deck can also be used in the exciting Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild organized play campaign.

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-780-2

Download the Monk Card List — (80 kb zip/PDF)

Looking for more? Check out the Resources and Free Downloads available for the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game.

Product Availability

Deck:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

Non-Mint:

Unavailable

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO6809


See Also:

Average product rating:

5.00/5 (based on 1 rating)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Community & Digital Content Manager

Announced! Product image and description are not final and may change before release.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Super excited to get me some more Monks!


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Huh I thought these class decks were only going to have 3 characters in them. Yes, I know the product image is not final, so it looks like it's going to change.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

The description is correct. Pay no heed to the mockup image!

Community & Digital Content Director

Updated with final product description and image!


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Tengu monk, yay!!

Liberty's Edge

I played with this at Gen Con. Eagerly awaiting.


Is this going to be available for a free download like the others?? So anxious!!!>,>

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

If you mean the characters, yes, character sheets will be available. But that's just a small part of what's in the deck...


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

And I think the Monk deck in particular is one where you are going to want the other things in the deck. They will make all your monks even more awesome.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

So, once Athnul takes on the Keen Strike Monk role, her first power immediately ceases to do bludgeoning damage and starts doing piercing damage? FINGER OF DEATH!


James McKendrew wrote:
So, once Athnul takes on the Keen Strike Monk role, her first power immediately ceases to do bludgeoning damage and starts doing piercing damage? FINGER OF DEATH!

Interesting... has anyone played any of the class deck monks with Wrath of the Righteous?

Are the character sheets up for this pack yet?


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Mike Selinker had this to say about Athnul's role.

Community & Digital Content Director

The Monk Deck card list is now available!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Card Game, Lost Omens, Maps, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Still need the character sheets and inventory list added to the Community Use download package, please.


This class deck is broken. Way to go designers. 2 of the monks part of this deck can use spells. granted they must buy it with a card feat but they can still get spells. Take a guess what they forgot to ad to the deck? Spells for B, 1 and 2 levels. That's right. you can take spell as your first card feat and have an illegal deck because the developers didn't bother to ensure that there would be spells that can be used. You can't recharge them yet but you can still have them.

Good job on design and quality control. did you bother to play test this either? I'm just curious how a glaring and obvious problem got missed.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I'm not sure that renders the product broken. In organized play it requires you to realize that you shouldn't take a spell card feat until you have access to deck 3 level cards. Is that really a problem? I'm sure that if by chance someone hadn't paid enough attention and took a spell card feat before they could take deck 3 cards that once they realized, everyone else would just say "Oh. Take a different card feat then if you want."

If you aren't using it in organized play (which a great deal many people aren't) then it isn't even an issue at all.


Yes I use it for organized play. I run the card guild organized play at my shop for my area. It just seems broken to me for OP. If not broken, certainly removes choice. Granted I don't know why you would want to pick a spell type card feat when all three monks works best with the blessing feat. It feels odd to not have at least 1 card of the relevant types and levels in the deck.

Out of curiosity, how does one use these decks in a non organized play manner?


Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
drgnmstr44 wrote:

Yes I use it for organized play. I run the card guild organized play at my shop for my area. It just seems broken to me for OP. If not broken, certainly removes choice. Granted I don't know why you would want to pick a spell type card feat when all three monks works best with the blessing feat. It feels odd to not have at least 1 card of the relevant types and levels in the deck.

Out of curiosity, how does one use these decks in a non organized play manner?

You mix all the cards in the class deck of a particular Adventure Deck number into the box at the same time you mix in that Adventure Deck. This tends to dilute the flavor of the set, so it is generally only recommended to do that if you are actually playing one of the characters in that class deck (and even then, some don't need the class deck cards to do well, the base set sometimes provides enough good boons for them).

For OP, simply don't take a spell card feat until you're tier 3, easy as that. If you accidentally take one before that, uncheck it and check something else. Is Lem is broken because his favored card type is "Any" and he starts with 0 armors? I can choose armor as my favored card type and therefore mulligan forever and never be able to play, which seems similar enough on the surface to being unable to construct a valid deck at the end of the game due to a poor card feat choice. Alternatively, I can choose something other than the obviously stupid choice and move on with my life while being perfectly happy that I nabbed something nice.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Card Game, Lost Omens, Maps, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
drgnmstr44 wrote:

This class deck is broken. Way to go designers. 2 of the monks part of this deck can use spells. granted they must buy it with a card feat but they can still get spells. Take a guess what they forgot to ad to the deck? Spells for B, 1 and 2 levels. That's right. you can take spell as your first card feat and have an illegal deck because the developers didn't bother to ensure that there would be spells that can be used. You can't recharge them yet but you can still have them.

Good job on design and quality control. did you bother to play test this either? I'm just curious how a glaring and obvious problem got missed.

I gotta laugh that if you are considering the monk broken because of spells, there's something wrong. Only one role gets the Divine skill as a role power. But the monk is not based around casting so worrying that a class is broken because of a tertiary ability means that you're overlooking the main abilities of the class. The class deck only has seven spells. Spellcasting for a monk is a bonus ... and one at a later stage, at best.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Card Game, Lost Omens, Maps, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Theryon Stormrune wrote:
Still need the character sheets and inventory list added to the Community Use download package, please.

Thank you!!!

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber

The Card List for this deck has an error in the Blessings section.

It contains "Blessing of Abadar x 1 (1), 3 (1), 1 (5)"

rather than "Blessing of Abadar x 1 (1), 1 (3), 1 (5)"

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Monk Class Deck All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.