Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the Streets (PFRPG)

5.00/5 (based on 1 rating)
Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the Streets (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Print Edition $14.99 $7.49

Add PDF $10.49

Add Non-Mint $14.99 $11.24

Facebook Twitter Email

Not every adventure awaits within a sealed tomb or mad wizard's tower. In seemingly civilized cities, dangers lurk down every twisting alley, and backroom deals might spell the end for nosy investigators. Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the Streets provides the resources to take your Pathfinder RPG character from a dungeon-delver to a witty and backstabbing urbanite.

Heroes of the Streets is a player-focused supplement that provides inspiration and rules for city-focused characters and campaigns, allowing you to make the most of an urban adventure. Each Pathfinder Player Companion includes new options and tools for every Pathfinder RPG player. Inside this book, you'll find:

  • Background suggestions and traits for heroes of every race who hail from Golarion's biggest and oldest cities.
  • New archetypes that bring bloodragers, hunters, skalds, and witches out of the wilderness and into the city.
  • Exceptional gear and magic items especially suited for urban intrigue, underhanded espionage, and despicable crimes.
  • Optional subdomains focused on city life and urban challenges, opening up unique powers and expertises to clerics and inquisitors.
  • New spells especially suited to getting by in the bustling streets and back alleys of your favorite metropolis.

This Pathfinder Player Companion is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can easily be incorporated into any fantasy world.

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-769-7

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Player Companion Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9460


See Also:

Average product rating:

5.00/5 (based on 1 rating)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Best Player Companion

5/5

So far this is my favorite entry in the entire Player Companion line. I'm running Hell's Rebels right now, so I got this for my players. I immediately fell in love with the book. The flavor is exactly the right tone, pace, and level of detail for my players. Every single piece of crunch is something which is just powerful enough that people want to use it, without any one item seeming OP (at least as far as I can tell). But most importantly, all of the crunch feels very flavorful. If you are in a campaign which involves any amount of urban adventuring, this is a must have. If your campaign has no urban campaigning, this book will make you want to book it for the nearest city.


151 to 200 of 254 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Does anybody have anything on the Skald? Please and thank you.


BardWannabe wrote:
Eric Hinkle wrote:
I have to admit that I'll mainly be getting this one for the information on Kurgess. I've always wanted to see more about him and his worshipers; at the very least I'd like to find out just where he's primarily worshiped in Avistan.
Mr. Hinkle, I regret to inform you that the only mention of Kurgess in the book is in the list of Associated Deities in one Subdomain description. Unfortunately the best write-up on Kurgess is still the one in Inner Sea Gods, though many of us would love to see a more complete one.

Darn. Thanks for letting me know that.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Lanitril wrote:
Does anybody have anything on the Skald? Please and thank you.

The Urban Skald replaces the standard raging song with one that can grant a morale bonus to strength, dexterity or constitution that starts at +2 and caps at +6. Unlike the regular raging song, it does not impose a penalty to AC or keep people from using Intelligence, Dexterity or Charisma-based skills. However, it provides no bonus to Will saves.

The Skald also replaces Song of Marching with Infuriating Mockery, which makes it harder for one or more targets to defend themselves or cast spells. He loses Dirge of Doom for Humiliating Defamation, which isolates a single target from its allies, disabling its teamwork feats and forcing it to save against friendly spells.

Finally, the Urban Skald loses medium armor proficiency and damage reduction but gains a scaling bonus to AC when adjacent to two or more allies.


Nice! Just what I was hoping for. A way to convince casters to take the rage bonus. I wonder if you choose the bonus, or your allies. If you tell me, you're the best. If you don't, you're still the best. New support character, here I come.

Thanks again!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Urbana Skald chooses how the bonus is allocated and the choice is applied to all effected allies.


DM Sothal wrote:
Axial wrote:
Can anyone tell me more about the Constable, Eldritch Archer, and Siegebreaker?

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **...

My only gripe is that in the Ranged Tactics Toolbox, magus got a Reach Spell-type arcana. Is there any real difference aside from Reach Spellstrike requiring you to spellstrike your spell to gain the effect of the metamagic?


My physical book finally arrived, but it was completely rain soaked from being left sticking out of an open mailbox during a thunderstorm. :(


BardWannabe wrote:
My physical book finally arrived, but it was completely rain soaked from being left sticking out of an open mailbox during a thunderstorm. :(

You get deliverers on Sunday? Oh is it not Sunday where you are...


No, it was in the box yesterday. I just didn't post about it until I saw it again this morning, still drying out in my living room.


Ashram wrote:
DM Sothal wrote:
Axial wrote:
Can anyone tell me more about the Constable, Eldritch Archer, and Siegebreaker?

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **...

My only gripe is that in the Ranged Tactics Toolbox, magus got a Reach Spell-type arcana. Is there any real difference aside from Reach Spellstrike requiring you to spellstrike your spell to gain the effect of the metamagic?

Ok, here's the thing:

Reach Magic (RTT) is limited to one spell per day, can modify already ranged spells.
Reach Spellstrike (HotS) is only an option 9th level and above, doing ranged spellstrikes, modifying touch spells specifically to make them close range.

You can use Reach Magic way earlier than Reach Spellstrike, but only once per day, and can't use your weapon to deliver.


Ah, okay. That's way more useful. I mentioned Reach Magic simply for Myrmidarch, the only other magus archetype that could make use of it.


Did I see correctly that there is a spell in this book for that is: Bard 2, Ranger 2 and has the fire and light descriptors? I cannot recall the name. If it is not in HotS, then I apologize.


How does the Eldritch Archer Spell Combat work? Still only one-handed weapons?


Lanitril wrote:

Nice! Just what I was hoping for. A way to convince casters to take the rage bonus. I wonder if you choose the bonus, or your allies. If you tell me, you're the best. If you don't, you're still the best. New support character, here I come.

Thanks again!

I hate to say this, but if you have a strict GM, even the Urban Skald's raging song might prevent spellcasting. Like the Urban Barbarian's version of rage, it "does not prevent affected allies from using Intelligence-, Dexterity-, or Charisma-based skills," However, the raging song might inherit the part of that sentence prohibiting "any ability that requires patience or concentration," including spellcasting.

Personally, I'd rule otherwise. I like the idea of Skalds fitting into a wider variety of parties. It's frustrating to have a friend say he would love to play a Skald, only to have him back away from the class because the rest of us want to play martial-caster hybrids that can't benefit from the traditional Raging Song.

Regarding Reach Spell, it might occasionally be useful for a Magus of any type to use Spell Combat on a buff. For example, the Magus might want to cast Invisibility or Ablative Barrier on an ally or NPC who is about to be mobbed.

Quote:
How does the Eldritch Archer Spell Combat work? Still only one-handed weapons?

No. An Eldritch Archer must use a ranged weapon for Spell Combat, but it can be one or two-handed. Also, the bonded weapon does not interfere with the Archer's ability to provide somatic components for spells.


Fourshadow wrote:
Did I see correctly that there is a spell in this book for that is: Bard 2, Ranger 2 and has the fire and light descriptors? I cannot recall the name. If it is not in HotS, then I apologize.

There are two spells for Bard 2, one spell for Ranger 2, none of these spells have either the fire or the light descriptor.

Thaliak wrote:

...

Regarding Reach Spell, it might occasionally be useful for a Magus of any type to use Spell Combat on a buff. For example, the Magus might want to cast Invisibility or Ablative Barrier on an ally or NPC who is about to be mobbed.
...

Reach Magic (RTT) is generally useful, yeah (even if it's just one spell per day).

Together with Reach Spellstrike (HotS) you have a (sort-of) earlier version of the Distant Spellstrike (Su) Magus arcana.


I considered that. Hmm. Well. It's still useful for Dex based characters. And on top of that, I might be able to convince the GM for the game I wanna use it in. For the reasons you stated as well. It's made me shy away from a Skald so far, but this could be the point where I start one.

Thank you.


DM Sothal wrote:
Fourshadow wrote:
Did I see correctly that there is a spell in this book for that is: Bard 2, Ranger 2 and has the fire and light descriptors? I cannot recall the name. If it is not in HotS, then I apologize.

There are two spells for Bard 2, one spell for Ranger 2, none of these spells have either the fire or the light descriptor.

Thank you. I know I saw such a thing mentioned, I cannot recall what product (nor the name of the spell). Of course, it intrigued me greatly but the information was rather cryptic to begin with.

Paizo Employee Designer

Fourshadow wrote:
DM Sothal wrote:
Fourshadow wrote:
Did I see correctly that there is a spell in this book for that is: Bard 2, Ranger 2 and has the fire and light descriptors? I cannot recall the name. If it is not in HotS, then I apologize.

There are two spells for Bard 2, one spell for Ranger 2, none of these spells have either the fire or the light descriptor.

Thank you. I know I saw such a thing mentioned, I cannot recall what product (nor the name of the spell). Of course, it intrigued me greatly but the information was rather cryptic to begin with.

There's a summer-themed bard and ranger spell with the fire descriptor in Inner Sea Races, for Ulfen. Is that the one you mean? Having worked on developing the rules content in Inner Sea Races, I actually know what's in it better than usual for a non-RPG-line book!


Mark Seifter wrote:
Fourshadow wrote:
DM Sothal wrote:
Fourshadow wrote:
Did I see correctly that there is a spell in this book for that is: Bard 2, Ranger 2 and has the fire and light descriptors? I cannot recall the name. If it is not in HotS, then I apologize.

There are two spells for Bard 2, one spell for Ranger 2, none of these spells have either the fire or the light descriptor.

Thank you. I know I saw such a thing mentioned, I cannot recall what product (nor the name of the spell). Of course, it intrigued me greatly but the information was rather cryptic to begin with.
There's a summer-themed bard and ranger spell with the fire descriptor in Inner Sea Races, for Ulfen. Is that the one you mean? Having worked on developing the rules content in Inner Sea Races, I actually know what's in it better than usual for a non-RPG-line book!

That is very likely what I saw...thank you!

Scarab Sages Developer

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Fourshadow wrote:
Mark Seifter wrote:
Fourshadow wrote:
DM Sothal wrote:
Fourshadow wrote:
Did I see correctly that there is a spell in this book for that is: Bard 2, Ranger 2 and has the fire and light descriptors? I cannot recall the name. If it is not in HotS, then I apologize.

There are two spells for Bard 2, one spell for Ranger 2, none of these spells have either the fire or the light descriptor.

Thank you. I know I saw such a thing mentioned, I cannot recall what product (nor the name of the spell). Of course, it intrigued me greatly but the information was rather cryptic to begin with.
There's a summer-themed bard and ranger spell with the fire descriptor in Inner Sea Races, for Ulfen. Is that the one you mean? Having worked on developing the rules content in Inner Sea Races, I actually know what's in it better than usual for a non-RPG-line book!
That is very likely what I saw...thank you!

Mark's knowledge of the game is so amazing that, no kidding, I have walked into his office and asked "Do we have anything like a [*some fantasy concept*]?" only to have him ask me if I want to know where to find the druid version, the ranger version, or the oracle version.

Paizo Employee Designer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Fourshadow wrote:
Mark Seifter wrote:
Fourshadow wrote:
DM Sothal wrote:
Fourshadow wrote:
Did I see correctly that there is a spell in this book for that is: Bard 2, Ranger 2 and has the fire and light descriptors? I cannot recall the name. If it is not in HotS, then I apologize.

There are two spells for Bard 2, one spell for Ranger 2, none of these spells have either the fire or the light descriptor.

Thank you. I know I saw such a thing mentioned, I cannot recall what product (nor the name of the spell). Of course, it intrigued me greatly but the information was rather cryptic to begin with.
There's a summer-themed bard and ranger spell with the fire descriptor in Inner Sea Races, for Ulfen. Is that the one you mean? Having worked on developing the rules content in Inner Sea Races, I actually know what's in it better than usual for a non-RPG-line book!
That is very likely what I saw...thank you!

Mark's knowledge of the game is so amazing that, no kidding, I have walked into his office and asked "Do we have anything like a [*some fantasy concept*]?" only to have him ask me if I want to know where to find the druid version, the ranger version, or the oracle version.

:$ (Is that an embarrassed emoticon? If not, what is the embarrassed emoticon?)

I used to be like that about everything, but with my time away from PFS with all my friends in the Boston Lodge, I'm getting worse and worse at knowing things that aren't in the RPG line. Inner Sea Races is an exception because of my dev work on it.


Quick question regarding the Eldritch Archer, if I may ask: you probably can't access Accurate Strike, seeing as this is for melee attacks only.

Is there something in the same line for ranged attacks in this book?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Imbicatus mentioned in another thread of a Batman-esque crossbow.

Anyone willing to share details of such a thing? My vigilante would love to take advantage of such a device.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
dnoisette wrote:

Quick question regarding the Eldritch Archer, if I may ask: you probably can't access Accurate Strike, seeing as this is for melee attacks only.

Is there something in the same line for ranged attacks in this book?

Going from memory: nope.

Protoman wrote:

Imbicatus mentioned in another thread of a Batman-esque crossbow.

Anyone willing to share details of such a thing? My vigilante would love to take advantage of such a device.

That would be the

Cornerstone Crossbow:

A +1 seeking light crossbow that can shoot a force bolt (no damage) to anchor on structures within 80 feet. You then can pull yourself to the anchoring point with a move action.
Price: a bit more than 20,000gp

Scarab Sages Developer

6 people marked this as a favorite.

Author Mike Myler is seriously THRILLED to hear it called "Batman-esque." :D

He squeeeed, and everything.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well with that and the cape tricks in Dirty Tactics Tool box we are getting closer, and closer to emulating Batman.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:

Author Mike Myler is seriously THRILLED to hear it called "Batman-esque." :D

He squeeeed, and everything.

I AM THE NIGHT!

*sweeps cloak and disappears*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
MikeMyler wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:

Author Mike Myler is seriously THRILLED to hear it called "Batman-esque." :D

He squeeeed, and everything.

I AM THE NIGHT!

*sweeps cloak and disappears*

I'm excited! That cornerstone crossbow is gonna be awesome for the CRIMSON FALCON!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Imbicatus wrote:
Eldritch Archer is a ranged magus that actually works.
Thanks! I gave David N. Ross some idea how I wanted that to come together in the outline (it seemed like both something the game could use, and a very flavorful example of a heroic defender of the walls in Golarion), and he did a great job with it!

Thank you for this! As one of the many Magi who have been dying to play a ranged Magus, I greatly appreciate this archetype.


so the pdf comes out on the last day of the sale eh, tee hee


As does Inner Sea Races, I believe.


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber
christos gurd wrote:
so the pdf comes out on the last day of the sale eh, tee hee

The sale is *selected* PDFs.

Which is unlikely to include the very newest.


djones wrote:
christos gurd wrote:
so the pdf comes out on the last day of the sale eh, tee hee

The sale is *selected* PDFs.

Which is unlikely to include the very newest.

It seems that you are correct. I didn't even look at the listed prices, but I see now that they seem normal. I'm off to see if there are any older books that I might want to get at the sale prices.

I can't wait until Wednesday to download this one!


Got my contributor copies today! Awesome stuff! :D

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Eric Hinkle wrote:
BardWannabe wrote:
Eric Hinkle wrote:
I have to admit that I'll mainly be getting this one for the information on Kurgess. I've always wanted to see more about him and his worshipers; at the very least I'd like to find out just where he's primarily worshiped in Avistan.
Mr. Hinkle, I regret to inform you that the only mention of Kurgess in the book is in the list of Associated Deities in one Subdomain description. Unfortunately the best write-up on Kurgess is still the one in Inner Sea Gods, though many of us would love to see a more complete one.
Darn. Thanks for letting me know that.

Eric look no further than march 2016 when "The strong man" gets 6 pages to himself in the "Inner Sea Faiths Campaign Setting" book!


Marco Massoudi wrote:
Eric Hinkle wrote:
BardWannabe wrote:
Eric Hinkle wrote:
I have to admit that I'll mainly be getting this one for the information on Kurgess. I've always wanted to see more about him and his worshipers; at the very least I'd like to find out just where he's primarily worshiped in Avistan.
Mr. Hinkle, I regret to inform you that the only mention of Kurgess in the book is in the list of Associated Deities in one Subdomain description. Unfortunately the best write-up on Kurgess is still the one in Inner Sea Gods, though many of us would love to see a more complete one.
Darn. Thanks for letting me know that.
Eric look no further than march 2016 when "The strong man" gets 6 pages to himself in the "Inner Sea Faiths Campaign Setting" book!

Thank you! Will this book be covering the lesser-known Inner Sea gods and goddesses? I like the 'Big Twenty' but they've had their turn in the spotlights. I'd like to see the rest of the get some work done on them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Imbicatus wrote:
Eldritch Archer is a ranged magus that actually works.
Thanks! I gave David N. Ross some idea how I wanted that to come together in the outline (it seemed like both something the game could use, and a very flavorful example of a heroic defender of the walls in Golarion), and he did a great job with it!

Eldritch Archer is very nice! It looks like it will work well all by itself but also can blend well with levels in Arcane Archer. The problem with Arcane Archer has always been that you had to choose between being a good archer or a good spellcaster for the first eight levels or so. Eight levels of EA followed by ten levels in AA keeps you functional with both skill sets starting at level 1.

Eldritch Archer will also stack with a number of other Magus archetypes. I think an Eldritch Archer/Hexcrafter is my favorite combo. Beastblade/Eldritch Archer also offers some valuable options. I find it amusing that you can build an Eldritch Archer/Myrmidarch.

I think this is a great example of archetype design. It enables the "magical archer" builds that so many people have wanted, without creating a "god archer" which will dominate the game. This is fantastic work, David!


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

Got my hands on my copy today (after reading Inner Sea Races) and just got to rogue talents.

Eerie Disappearance seems tailor made for the Stalker Vigilante and in addition suggests a useful application of that class's requirement for an enemy to be 'unaware' of the presence of the Vigilante. If it's shifted to 'Unaware of her current location' it adds a considerable utility and flavor for the Stalker.


Question: For the Eldritch Archer, are the two arcana intended to be stacked? Can you use Reach Spellstrike to increase the range, then maximize it via Distant Spellstrike?

Distant Spellstrike reads: "any spell the magus delivers through a ranged weapon attack," reach spellstrike is one of any spells, and it is being delivered through a ranged weapon attack. So can I now make a ghoul touch spell attack from 110 ft. away? :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Can someone fully spoil the Constable archetype for me? <3

Starting a game this weekend and I won't have the book by then.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Secret Wizard wrote:
Can someone fully spoil the Constable archetype for me? <3

I will be getting this book when it arrives at my FLGS, but I fully agree with Secret Wizard. The Constable is just too enticing to wait.

So +1, a full spoil if possible please.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Secret Wizard wrote:

Can someone fully spoil the Constable archetype for me? <3

Starting a game this weekend and I won't have the book by then.

It is a Cavalier archetype that adds Perception to class skills and replaces the Mount related abilities with abilities suitable for a cop of the sort you see as the hero in movies and TV shows. Abilities are Apprehend, Squad Commander, Quick Interrogator, Badge, Instant Order, and Greater Badge.


BigP4nda wrote:

Question: For the Eldritch Archer, are the two arcana intended to be stacked? Can you use Reach Spellstrike to increase the range, then maximize it via Distant Spellstrike?

Distant Spellstrike reads: "any spell the magus delivers through a ranged weapon attack," reach spellstrike is one of any spells, and it is being delivered through a ranged weapon attack. So can I now make a ghoul touch spell attack from 110 ft. away? :D

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Neat thought.


Thaliak wrote:
BigP4nda wrote:

Question: For the Eldritch Archer, are the two arcana intended to be stacked? Can you use Reach Spellstrike to increase the range, then maximize it via Distant Spellstrike?

Distant Spellstrike reads: "any spell the magus delivers through a ranged weapon attack," reach spellstrike is one of any spells, and it is being delivered through a ranged weapon attack. So can I now make a ghoul touch spell attack from 110 ft. away? :D

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Neat thought.

correction: I can cast it from 1100 ft away (incurring respective penalties from range increments)

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber
Eric Hinkle wrote:
Marco Massoudi wrote:
Eric Hinkle wrote:
BardWannabe wrote:
Eric Hinkle wrote:
I have to admit that I'll mainly be getting this one for the information on Kurgess. I've always wanted to see more about him and his worshipers; at the very least I'd like to find out just where he's primarily worshiped in Avistan.
Mr. Hinkle, I regret to inform you that the only mention of Kurgess in the book is in the list of Associated Deities in one Subdomain description. Unfortunately the best write-up on Kurgess is still the one in Inner Sea Gods, though many of us would love to see a more complete one.
Darn. Thanks for letting me know that.
Eric look no further than march 2016 when "The strong man" gets 6 pages to himself in the "Inner Sea Faiths Campaign Setting" book!
Thank you! Will this book be covering the lesser-known Inner Sea gods and goddesses? I like the 'Big Twenty' but they've had their turn in the spotlights. I'd like to see the rest of the get some work done on them.

The gods in question are those found on pages 174-181 of Inner Sea Gods, including:

Spoiler:

Achaekek
Alseta
Besmara
Brigh
Ghlaunder
Groetus
Gyronna
Hanspur
Kurgess
Milani
Naderi
Razmir (unconfirmed; may be formatted differently)
Sivanah
Zyphus
PLUS:
Apsu
Dahak

Each will be getting a full set of boons for Deific Obedience, among other things (with one exception). I'm looking forward to it a lot.


Another question for the Eldritch Archer archetype: Since they have the Diminished Spellcasting class feature, do they get the improved Fighter Training class feature at 7th level that all of the magus archetypes from Ultimate Combat got?


Ashram wrote:
Another question for the Eldritch Archer archetype: Since they have the Diminished Spellcasting class feature, do they get the improved Fighter Training class feature at 7th level that all of the magus archetypes from Ultimate Combat got?

They don't have Diminished Spellcasting.


They don't? Swore they did. Weird.


Ashram wrote:
They don't? Swore they did. Weird.

You may have mixed it up with the Myrmidarch, which is like a more fighter-based version of the Eldritch archer, more focused on actual bow skill as opposed to magical versatility.

151 to 200 of 254 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the Streets (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.