Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Warship

****½ (based on 2 ratings)
Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Warship

Add Print Edition $13.99

Add PDF $9.99

Facebook Twitter Email

Batten the hatches!

Whether your party’s sailing into a stormy naval battle or sneaking onto a pirate ship in search of swashbuckler booty, no Game Master wants to spend time drawing every captain’s cabin and coil of rope. Fortunately, with Paizo’s latest Pathfinder Flip-Mat, you don’t have to! This line of gaming maps provides ready-to-use fantasy set pieces for the busy Game Master. Full of beautiful details ranging from mounted crossbows to wooden deck inlays, this double-sided map makes the perfect setting for any foray into the ocean’s battlefields!

Don’t waste your time sketching when you could be playing. With Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Warship, you’ll be prepared next time your party’s ready to engage in nautical warfare!

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-740-6

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Maps Subscription.

Additional Product Images


(click to enlarge)
Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Warship Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Warship

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO30065


See Also:

Average product rating:

****½ (based on 2 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Big Ships...

*****

I love that these are "big" ships with plenty of room for action. Having the ships take up pretty much the whole map is perfect and allows for big combats or bigger monsters to be in on the action.


Interesting unique designs, but limited use

****( )

I have the product finally. This Flip-Mat is 2 entire warships, one per side. I'm giving this a 4-star rating, mostly because the designs are unique and interesting. One ship looks like a trimaran galley of some kind. The second ship looks a lot like a medieval Korean "turtle ship" or possibly even the Horde warship (also turtle shaped) from the original Warcraft games. I can't give it 5 stars simply because the uniqueness of these ships eventually means limited use, limited replay value. I imagine that the majority of the naval vessels from the nations of Golarion, Forgotten Realms, or Eberron use warship designs similar to the medieval European caravel or galleon. These ships are truly "fantasy" ships. Also, keep in mind that these ships only display the top deck level of the warships themselves. There is no display of the lower decks, the interior cabins, etc. Thus these maps will be useful only when on-board action happens during the voyage. Both ships are indeed warships, each one is armed to the teeth with a battery of ballistas/harpoons (heavy crossbows). I'm glad they only have ballistas/crossbows rather than gunpowder canons, since many GMs do not allow gunpowder warfare in their games.


Webstore Gninja Minion

Announced! Cover image is a mockup and subject to change.


Two ships in combat? I'm very interested to know how this will differ from "Pirate Ship" and what the flip side will have on it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

alot of ship maps the last years, but not a single one good swamp map.


Shaun wrote:
Two ships in combat? I'm very interested to know how this will differ from "Pirate Ship" and what the flip side will have on it.

I think that this is replace the out of print Pirate Ship Flip-Mat. Paizo (I think it was Vic Wertz) has said that they don't reprint the Flip-Mats, but when one goes out of print, they will make another related Flip-Mat to replace it.

Example:
When the GameMastery Flip-Mat: Dungeon (Original) sold out it was replaced by the GameMastery Flip-Mat: Dungeon (which was the map for Crypt of the Everflame). When THAT dungeon flip-mat sold out, they released the Ancient Dungeon Flip-Mat.


Very cool.
The out-of-print flip-mats are often a pain to find at a remotely reasonable price.

-TimD


Itchy wrote:
I think that this is replace the out of print Pirate Ship Flip-Mat. Paizo (I think it was Vic Wertz) has said that they don't reprint the Flip-Mats, but when one goes out of print, they will make another related Flip-Mat to replace it.

I understand that, but it's also not going to be the same mat. I was just interested in knowing about some of the key differences.


Yes my understanding was that Paizo would look to replace out of prints such as this replacing the pirate ship one (which I had to hunt down on ebay at considerable inflated cost) and the recent tavern flip mat. And that's a good thing. Even better if there was a swamp replacement, hint hint nudge wink.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Liz Courts wrote:
Announced! Cover image is a mockup and subject to change.

Cover image is probably not a mockup anymore, and probably not the intended cover image either.

Webstore Gninja Minion

Fayries wrote:
Liz Courts wrote:
Announced! Cover image is a mockup and subject to change.
Cover image is probably not a mockup anymore, and probably not the intended cover image either.

Indeed! Flipping it back.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

I HOPE that if the map is of 2 different warships, that one is an Andoren warship and the other one a Chelish man-of-war!


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Any idea when we will get to see the final product of both sides of this flip mat?

Dark Archive

Liz Courts wrote:
Fayries wrote:
Liz Courts wrote:
Announced! Cover image is a mockup and subject to change.
Cover image is probably not a mockup anymore, and probably not the intended cover image either.
Indeed! Flipping it back.

Could you pretty please (with sugar on it) add a sample image? ;-)

Thx

Community Manager

Cover image and description updated to final.


You can fall into the water from the middle of the deck? What is this? I am confused yet intrigued! I'm looking forward to an image of the actual map because I'm having trouble visualizing it from the cover.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

That looks weird indeed. It seems the ship has some kind of "outliers" to the side that are actuall off the side of the ship and above the water. I don't think I have ever seen a ship like that.


Maybe they're raised battle decks because the paths to them look like they're connected by stairs. So they're not really additional hulls but actually overhangs off the sides of the main deck.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

It may be piers on both sides, or two smaller ships on both sides boarding the middle ship, or a medieval fantasy trimaran.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

I've been waiting for something like this for so long! I've been kicking myself for not getting the pirate ship when it was available.

Paizo, I *warship* you. ;-)

Community Manager

Sample images added!


Liz Courts wrote:
Sample images added!

When you say warship, you aren't kidding.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Damn. That's certainly taking "ship" to a fantasy degree. That's like real world ships cranked to eleven. Fat bastards those two boats.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hm, so they actually are additional hulls. I'm not sure that I care for these. Does the left hand one remind anyone else of the Horde warship from Warcraft II? Also, what're the red and blue things on the boats? Magic runes of some sort maybe?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

These are big enough to fight giants on. ;-)

But i think they could be for a sea battle in the "Hell´s Rebel´s" AP...

Dark Archive

I may need this twice so the 2 warships can do battle...

In our last Drow session we watched a (flooded arena) battle between a ship with 20 1st level Orc fighters vs. 40 Halflings.
The orcs won.


I understand that they try to not do "generic" ships since there are a few going about already...however these are a little whacky and with limited replayability, due to a very unique set up to each.
They are in my opinion, fat and very non evocative of what I'd expect from a warship of some of Golarion's sea going nations. I appreciate the imagination in trying to make something different instead of a 1600s warship though.

I however have no previous experience from the flit mat products, so if someone would be kind enough to point at some of the merits I'd welcome it.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Previous ship maps have always seemed too narrow for d20 combat. There's just no room to maneuver for the most part. And the rules don't exactly support swashbuckling cinema out of the box.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Pawns Subscriber

this will make for an interesting sea battle...


I'm a fan of the trimaran in particular, but yeah, these are a little wacky. Perhaps one side should have been more conservative.

However, there is always this.


Is Paizo going to do a Map Pack for the cabins and the below decks for this product?

There are cargo hatch grills an both ships and plenty of forecastle and aftcastle cabins to play in.
Paizo always says: "Don’t waste your time sketching when you could be playing."
Therefore, we need a MapPack for these items here.

Yes?


Errant Mercenary wrote:

I understand that they try to not do "generic" ships since there are a few going about already...however these are a little whacky and with limited replayability, due to a very unique set up to each.

They are in my opinion, fat and very non evocative of what I'd expect from a warship of some of Golarion's sea going nations. I appreciate the imagination in trying to make something different instead of a 1600s warship though.

I however have no previous experience from the flit mat products, so if someone would be kind enough to point at some of the merits I'd welcome it.

Well, given the fact that you are playing in a fantasy world, I think that the slightly "whacky" design works quite well if you use these ships as non-human warships. The previous flip mat/map packs work well representing all sorts of human sea going vessels, and I find that these two designs can work very well if you use the massive spikey one as say, a Hobgoblin Raider and the smooth trimaran as an Elven Corsair.

Oh, the possibilities...! :-)


Almost a year and a half later - still looking for a Map-Pack for these ships for all the reasons I said back when.

May we please have a Map-Pack for this?!?

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Warship All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.