Description Cards—Storytellers Deck: Character Distinctions Excerpt PDF
Add to Cart
The First Step to Making Your Characters Instantly Memorable.
Rather than giving your audience a long, detailed description of a character’s height, build, facial features, and clothing, it’s best to just show the “essence” of the character, including his personality or state of mind, as perceived by the viewer, through a few well-chosen details.
These well-chosen details are presented in tarot-card sized cards that list adjectives, keywords and example descriptions on how to creatively use them all.
This storytelling tool:
- Adds depth and drama to any of your story's characters quickly with just a few well-placed words.
- Is for Tabletop Gamers who wish to better express their character's physical traits and they can be used right next to their character sheets.
- Can tip your essay, blog, novel or gaming table from good to great!
- Allows you to flip through the cards at random to inspire new persons of interest.
- Is written for any Genre.
- By design, is system neutral and super flexible.
- Is both a reference and a brainstorming tool.
- Offers fresh ways to describe physical distinctions and traits.
- Includes a collage of beautiful card art from Rafael Dorsz.
All Conflict Games PDFs have the following document features:
- Indexed: PDF contains a full Index for the entire suite of cards
- Searchable: PDF is not just images of the cards, but contains fully searchable text.
- Selectable: Each Action Word and Description can be selected, highlighted or copied out of the PDF.
- Layered PDF: There are some decorative items (like the color bars) within the presentation of the cards which you can choose not to print by unselecting the Adobe layer.
- Cutlines: The PDF is designed for you to cut out the cards from your printed 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. Therefore we provide cutlines to help you line up your scissors or cutting board.
Try these cards out, we think you’re going to love them!
Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at