Pathfinder Battles: Iconic Heroes Set #2

5.00/5 (based on 3 ratings)

Our Price: $29.99

Backorder

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Iconic Heroes is the latest release in the Pathfinder Battles series of pre-painted plastic miniatures from WizKids Games and Paizo Publishing.

Iconic Heroes Set 2 includes six all-new miniatures featuring legendary characters from the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game universe:

  • Amiri, Iconic Barbarian
  • Ezren, Iconic Wizard
  • Kyra, Iconic Cleric
  • Merisiel, Iconic Rogue
  • Harsk, Iconic Ranger
  • Biter, Badger Animal Companion

Each Iconic Heroes set also includes exclusive Cards (one for each miniature) for use in the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game! These special Cards are only available in this Pathfinder Battles product!

Additional Product Images


(click to enlarge)
IconicHeroes-Amiri IconicHeroes-Ezren IconicHeroes-Kyra IconicHeroes-Merisiel
IconicHeroes-Harsk IconicHeroes-Biter

Product Availability

Backorder

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

WZK71779


See Also:

Average product rating:

5.00/5 (based on 3 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

BADGER!

5/5

All the minis in this set vary from good to fabulous. Kyra looks GREAT.

And Biter the Badger is awesome. The set would be worth it just for those two. Everything else is gravy. Yummy yummy gravy.


Great set

5/5

Stupid forum ate my review...

Buy this set. Seriously. Merisiel and Amiri have great poses, Harsk and Ezren are decent, and there's a badger.

The Kyra in this set is gorgeous. It's the best prepainted mini I've ever seen - bar none - and even surpasses a few that I've commissioned from professionals.


Good Value

5/5

The iconic heroes sets are the best character minis that Wizkids have ever done. These sets give consumers good quality minis at a reasonable price.

Having said that, the faces on the miniatures do not contain the level of detail as their stock images on this web site. Not even close. The minis look like minis (which is sometimes a good thing since I don’t like the creepy look on Lini’s face in the stock image). Still, most of the faces look good and contain a level of detail not found in other minis.

Besides the face, the level of detail on their clothes, gear, and even tattoos are perfect, and couldn’t be any better.

It's worth noting that all of the weapons in this set were straight.

Mini specific ratings:

Amiri: Good.

Ezren: His face looks smushed like a pig and looks nothing like the stock image. His yellow shirt is orange/red. Amazingly all the remaining details on his clothing, buckles and material components are perfect. Although it's acceptable (mostly because of how good the clothing looks), it's the worst mini of this set.

Kyra: Great, amazing level of detail. The best mini of this set.

Merisiel: Good.

Harsk: Good, but his red gloves were brown.

Biter: Good (which is rare for animal minis) but instead of being black and white, Biter was painted black and grey.

”Pathfinder Card Game Exclusive Cards”:

If you’re into organized play, you’re probably also interested in what the exclusive cards offer.

Barbarian (weapon): +1 2H sword. Extremely useful to a starting character and will be used until one of the last adventures.

Wizard (item): Recharge the item to use Arcane for a single non-combat check. Extremely powerful and will be used until the end.

Cleric (blessing): Blessing of the Dawnflower is almost identical to a blessing of Sarenrae but with the ability to play another blessing on the check. Extremely powerful for Kyra who will use it the entire AP, somewhat powerful for other clerics.

Rogue (item): Boots that buff stealth and acrobatics checks, also allow exchange with an item in the discard pile. Useful to a starting character, I’m not sure about later.

Ranger (item): Discard to buff diplomacy / perception for any character at your location. Reveal to allow scouting if a liquid trait boon is played. Considering that the only liquid item available is found in adventure 5, I don't believe this is a useful boon.

Ranger (ally): Biter allows a character to explore again with a +d6 combat bonus, but only if it’s a monster. Only useful if no other animal allies are available. Not useful, disappointing.


Good product for the right price.




51 to 68 of 68 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I hope to share more about upcoming sets in this week's Publisher Preview Blog. They're in the works.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

I hope to share more about upcoming sets in this week's Publisher Preview Blog. They're in the works.

Excitement!


Why don't these packs match up with the characters in each of the adventure paths? They're obviously aimed at PACG players vs. PRPG players as they come with the special card.

Liberty's Edge

These are not aimed at either line exclusively. the PRPG players wanted better quality minis for the Iconics. This is in part an answer to that. It may also have been pointed at other groups such as the PACG players.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

Plus, some of the original iconic minis had gotten a bit expensive. ^_^

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Everyone seems to be fairly pleased with their minis so I'm assuming there is an unfortunate bad run of Harsk. Mine looks more like a bearded hedgehog than a dwarf. I contacted customer service but they have already warned me that the replacement still looks "alien". :-/ (nonplussed)

Harsk is my fave so if anyone has multiples of a decent Harsk I'd be willing to buy or trade.

I'm really surprised these bad Harsks have shipped. The quality is embarrasing.

http://tinypic.com/r/dham3o/8


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Charisma of Fun wrote:

Everyone seems to be fairly pleased with their minis so I'm assuming there is an unfortunate bad run of Harsk. Mine looks more like a bearded hedgehog than a dwarf. I contacted customer service but they have already warned me that the replacement still looks "alien". :-/ (nonplussed)

Harsk is my fave so if anyone has multiples of a decent Harsk I'd be willing to buy or trade.

I'm really surprised these bad Harsks have shipped. The quality is embarrasing.

http://tinypic.com/r/dham3o/8

If you can use a paintbrush, it requires some minor touch-ups to make him look better. I used some brown to accentuate his moustache and eyebrows, made his mouth a bit clearer by giving him a lip and some white teeth and I put some skin tone over the awkward end of the eye that was stretching out over his nose. Two minutes of work, it took me longer to get his picture taken and uploaded to show you.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
MrVergee wrote:
Charisma of Fun wrote:

Everyone seems to be fairly pleased with their minis so I'm assuming there is an unfortunate bad run of Harsk. Mine looks more like a bearded hedgehog than a dwarf. I contacted customer service but they have already warned me that the replacement still looks "alien". :-/ (nonplussed)

Harsk is my fave so if anyone has multiples of a decent Harsk I'd be willing to buy or trade.

I'm really surprised these bad Harsks have shipped. The quality is embarrasing.

http://tinypic.com/r/dham3o/8

If you can use a paintbrush, it requires some minor touch-ups to make him look better. I used some brown to accentuate his moustache and eyebrows, made his mouth a bit clearer by giving him a lip and some white teeth and I put some skin tone over the awkward end of the eye that was stretching out over his nose. Two minutes of work, it took me longer to get his picture taken and uploaded to show you.

I buy preprinted minis because I work 50-60 hours a week. I simply don't have the time to add that aspect of the hobby to my life. However I may pass my mini to one of my friends who can touch him up.

These sets of I comics were created with the intent of being higher quality than the standard wizkids minis. With the exception of Harsk they really are quite nice. The Inquisitor has a very nice face for a preprinted mini despite his face being obscured by both a bow and arrow and the brim of a hat.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Charisma of Fun wrote:

I buy preprinted minis because I work 50-60 hours a week. I simply don't have the time to add that aspect of the hobby to my life. However I may pass my mini to one of my friends who can touch him up.

These sets of I comics were created with the intent of being higher quality than the standard wizkids minis. With the exception of Harsk they really are quite nice. The Inquisitor has a very nice face for a preprinted mini despite his face being obscured by both a bow and arrow and the brim of a hat.

Yes, I hear you. I work long hours as well, although my holidays are probably longer than yours. That's when I make time for my painting.

Still, I only wanted to point out that a small touch-up job can already change the overall look of the mini considerably, so definitely ask your friend if he can do it. For example, my Valeros came with a black spot on the tip of his nose. He looked totally ridiculous, but the easiest touch-up job ever made him look the way he was supposed to. So sometimes it's nice to be able to do that (or have your friend do it), especially for these expensive minis.

The problem with the Harsk mini, in my opinion, is the size of the eye template: they are too big! They don't match the Pathfinder art, which shows dwarves with rather small eyes, compared to their square heads and stout bodies. This manga-like eye stamp can easily result in an unnatural position of the eyes, as it did on your or my mini. Painting some flesh color over the pointy edge reduces this unnatural effect somewhat. If you don't like the eyes at all, you could always ask your friend to make new eyes altogether, but that is a big risk , because - as you can imagine - eyes are difficult.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Customer service was kind enough to send me a new Harsk so my friend is going to attempt a total facial makeover for Harsk. I'll post the results when he is done.

IMHO Harsk should have never have shipped in this state. It's certainly steering me away from buying any wizkids product sight unseen. That said you can't even trust the product images for Harsk right now on the Paizo sight. I do hope they update with more honest previews of the mini. The others look fantastic.


is there going to be a more of this product? Its currently completely inflated on amazon at $250.00 a box...

please make more so the price will come back down...these mini's are not the best piece of work. but their common characters that people alway want to play...

So unless your some rich dude....

Paizo Employee Chief Operations Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Monkworks wrote:

is there going to be a more of this product? Its currently completely inflated on amazon at $250.00 a box...

please make more so the price will come back down...these mini's are not the best piece of work. but their common characters that people alway want to play...

So unless your some rich dude....

Hey Monkworks, as a reminder, these are licensed products that WizKids manufactures so if you want them to product more of these, please email them and let them know! We have no say in the matter.

Dark Archive

Good news for everyone who missed this box:

In january 2019 Wizkids will release the Pathfinder Battles: Playtest Heroes set, which will contain brand new sculpts of three of these out of print minis:

-Kyra the cleric
-Merisiel the rogue
-Harsk the ranger

in addition to the sold out
-Valeros the fighter
-Seoni the sorcerer
from set #1

and the brand new
-Fumbus the goblin alchemist.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Awesome, Marco!

I have set #2, and set #1, and I had to cancel my battles sub, but I'll still buy this new set. :-)

Question: what's the difference between "out of print" and "sold out"?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ed Reppert wrote:

Awesome, Marco!

I have set #2, and set #1, and I had to cancel my battles sub, but I'll still buy this new set. :-)

Question: what's the difference between "out of print" and "sold out"?

Since this product is make by Wizkids and not by Paizo, there is a clear distinction.

"Out of print" means that Wizkids isn't making the product any more. If it isn't also "sold out", Paizo may have some of the product in stock, but once they sell what they have, they won't be getting any more.

"Sold out" means that Paizo has sold all of the product that they once had in stock. If it isn't also "out of print", they might be able to order more of it from the manufacturer if demand warrants doing so.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Fair enough. Though I would swear I've seen both descriptions applied here to Paizo's own products. I suppose the same interpretations apply. Unless for Paizo's own products "out of print" means both out of print and sold out.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Most Paizo products are "out of print" immediately after their first print run. Only the hardback books are likely to get reprints.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Heh. Guess I shoulda stuck with pdfs from the get-go. :-)

51 to 68 of 68 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Battles: Iconic Heroes Set #2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.