Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Technology Guide (PFRPG)

4.30/5 (based on 17 ratings)
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Technology Guide (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Print Edition Unavailable

Add PDF $13.99

Non-Mint Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Ray Guns and Rocket Packs!

It’s one thing to face a dragon armed with a longsword and a suit of magic plate mail, but what if you had an atom gun and powered armor? How many zombies could you blow up with a rocket launcher? What happens if you’re standing next to a graviton reactor when it explodes? All of these questions and more are answered within the pages of the Technology Guide—an invaluable manual of items, hazards, and character options for use in science-fantasy settings like Golarion’s Numeria, land of savagery and super-science!

Within this book, you’ll find:

  • Rules for dozens of new technological items, including weapons, armor, force fields, hologram generators, grenades, cybernetic implants, nanotech devices, remote controls for robots, and more!
  • New feats, spells, and archetypes for technologically savvy characters, along with rules for how your skills interact with super-science.
  • Extraordinarily powerful scientific items and artifacts, such as extinction wave devices, powered armor, and nuclear reactors!
  • The technomancer prestige class, which allows you to use magic to command robots and power your technology .
  • Rules for artificial intelligences, the effects of the passage of time on technological items, the dangers of radiation, the seven skymetals of Numeria, technological traps, and more!

The Technology Guide is a must-have for GMs running the Iron Gods Adventure Path or anyone looking to introduce super-science into any Pathfinder adventure or campaign setting.

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-672-0

Technology Guide Errata
Last Updated - 12/16/2014

First Printing to Second Printing - Download (187kb zip/PDF)

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Unavailable

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Unavailable

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9272


See Also:

1 to 5 of 17 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.30/5 (based on 17 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

paper quality is bad

4/5

Nice book with a lot of sci-fi items,, something like Wizardry in Golarion .. I woud like to give this book 5/5, but I cant. Reason why I cant do like that is simple, the quality of paper is just terrible. Paper Quality of Paizo books is going down, what is sad .. for me 4/5


Essential for Adding Tech to Pathfinder

4/5

Read my full review on Of Dice and Pen.

The Technology Guide provides gamemasters with the information and items they need to add technology into their fantasy games. It's not particularly exciting or innovative, but that's not really its point. Instead, it forms the necessary baseline for other books to build upon, much like the Core Rulebook provides the baseline rules for the entire game. If you want technology in your games, it's a book you really can't do without.


Meh

2/5

There are some interesting items in here but having sci-fi with magic breaks the immersion for me.


Pretty damn cool

4/5

I picked up this as a pdf because it looked interesting, and I was not disappointed. I used it to write an adventure (crashed UFO in a fantasy setting), and it led to the most fun I have ever had running a game. It would be useful if it had suggestions for other books containing some of the referenced monsters (such as certain types of monsters which I found on the pfsrd), but all in all it does exactly as promised.


Yes. Get it.

5/5

If you have any interest at all in genre fusion in your adventuring, this book is a must buy.


1 to 5 of 17 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
951 to 1,000 of 1,557 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Tels wrote:
Zaister wrote:
Odraude wrote:
I'd buy a copy. And maybe another for my girlfriend. She's become interested in Pathfinder after hearing about the transgendered iconic in ACG and NPCs in WotR.
Oh, which iconic is that?
Shardra Geltl, iconic Shaman and transgendered dwarf.

Also. Badass.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Thanks! I didn't take the time to read that, since most of the time, dwarves bore me.

Now, what's still missing is a transracial iconic!

Dark Archive

kaineblade83 wrote:
I'm a touch confused; the Iron Gods player's guide says the contents of this book will be available on the PRD... Is that right or is that a misprint? I didn't think things from the campaign setting line ended up on the PRD

Do you mean this?

OGL legalese wrote:
This product makes use of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player’s Guide, Pathfinder RPG GameMastery Guide, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic, and the Character Traits Web Enhancement. These rules can be found online as part of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document at paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd.

The "these rules" part is in reference to the preceding books, not the Player's Guide (which is already free) and the Technology Guide (which is not needed for Iron Gods, just incredibly highly recommended, and almost assuredly not going up on the PRD).

EDIT: WERP! I'm wrong! Technology Guide WILL be part of the PRD. Sorry!


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Zaister wrote:

Thanks! I didn't take the time to read that, since most of the time, dwarves bore me.

Now, what's still missing is a transracial iconic!

Don't half-elves and half-orcs qualify as "transracial"? And I am not sure that every human iconic is of unmixed ethnicity.

Then again -- race/ethnicity is more easily accepted as being non-binary than sex/gender. But if what you want is somebody who is unhappy with the race they were born into, many adopted characters might qualify, such as Merisiel the Forlorn elf rogue -- but I don't recall her taking it so far as to think she is a human in an elf's body.


Transracial as an actual thing is just someone who is adopted into a culture that isn't their native one. Thus Merisiel would qualify. Any other definition tends to hinge on the completely wrong and racist belief that there are some intrinsic mental qualities possessed by specific races. This is something that was disproved in the 60s and it's really sad to see people trot out racist propaganda.

This is different from transgender because the physical sexes among humans do have differing physical compositions. Thus having a body that doesn't match your brain's gender tends to mean your hormone cycles are completely wrong causing severe mental distress. This is in addition to any societal constructs of gender that you may or may not feel comfortable with, and how you define your gender identity. Both of which are separate things that don't really matter for this particular point, but are important for more holistic discussions of gender identity.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Yeah... the Technology Guide is as necessary for Iron Gods as the Core Rulebook, frankly. There's a lot of rules, particularly to do with feats, spells, and items that we don't reprint in Iron Gods. If you want to know how that cortex gun works that was in the robot's lair, you'll need the Tech Guide. Or the PRD.


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

So what do the archetypes in here do?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

The names pretty well sum up their abilities: Cyber-Soldier (Fighter), Iron Priest (Cleric), Numerian Scavenger (Rogue), Savage Technologist (Barbarian), and Techslinger (Gunslinger).

Savage Technologist is kind of weird as their rage doesn't add to Str and Con, but Str and Dex. Also they get abilities when dual-wielding sword and gun.

And James, please tell me you're in the midst of writing Ultimate Technology. This appetizer is nowhere near close to enough.


Nice, very nice.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Iron Priest sounds pretty metal, not going to lie. :)

Shadow Lodge

Is the Numerian Scavenger proficient with Firearms?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kvantum wrote:
The names pretty well sum up their abilities: Cyber-Soldier (Fighter), Iron Priest (Cleric), Numerian Scavenger (Rogue), Savage Technologist (Barbarian), and Techslinger (Gunslinger).

Other than wielding laz-guns and other high-tech firearms, what else does the techslinger do?

Shadow Lodge

Also, does the book have any lightsabers beam swords?


Dylos wrote:
Also, does the book have any lightsabers beam swords?

I think Jacobs Rex already confirmed that no energy swords are in there.

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Energy swords, no. Null blades, stun batons, and monowhips, however...

Shadow Lodge

Kvantum wrote:
Energy swords, no. Null blades, stun batons, and monowhips, however...

Ok, I'll bite, null blades?

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Dylos wrote:
Kvantum wrote:
Energy swords, no. Null blades, stun batons, and monowhips, however...
Ok, I'll bite, null blades?

Creations of the Technic League to be used equally against constructs and technology, and against spellcasters. Adamantine-Noqual blend for the blade.


@Alex Races also have differing physical compositions. The rest of your paragraph is pretty much all theory presented as fact. It's fine for you to have an opinion on the matter, but can we just focus on the Tech Guide here?

I understand your not the one that brought it up, but I foresee it getting carried away. I'd like to make the request to stay on topic before it does is all.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

So any cool "tech hexes" for the witch?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

What does the techslinger do?

Grand Lodge

9 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:

. Adding more hardcovers to the schedule will kill things. And by things, I mean employees. We don't want that.

Veronica: I heard about Jenkins' death. The company feels terrible about it.
Ted: People are working too hard, Veronica. We need to slow down.
Veronica: Legal's position's is, we don't know if hard work killed Jenkins. Legal thinks he may have had high cholesterol. They're also floating the idea that his being dead may have been a pre-existing condition, and that he may not have been alive when we hired him. Apparently he was pretty quiet in his job interview.
Veronica: Sorry, Ted. The company feels that if we ease up because someone dies, it will only encourage other people to die.

Veronica and Ted

"Beating a Dead Workforce, Better off Ted"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So can anyone tell us about the rules for cybernetic implants?

Any cool feats?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Anyone who can tell us anything is under NDA.

Shadow Lodge

LazarX wrote:
Anyone who can tell us anything is under NDA.

There is no NDA for subscribers, when they have access to the PDF they can give as much information as they like, however Paizo does often request that they do not paste whole sections of the book until after the street date.


Dylos wrote:
LazarX wrote:
Anyone who can tell us anything is under NDA.
There is no NDA for subscribers, when they have access to the PDF they can give as much information as they like, however Paizo does often request that they do not paste whole sections of the book until after the street date.

Subscribers have no knowledge on the matter. The statement excluded them.

Shadow Lodge

jimibones83 wrote:
Dylos wrote:
LazarX wrote:
Anyone who can tell us anything is under NDA.
There is no NDA for subscribers, when they have access to the PDF they can give as much information as they like, however Paizo does often request that they do not paste whole sections of the book until after the street date.
Subscribers have no knowledge on the matter. The statement excluded them.

Which statement would that be, LazarX didn't quote anyone, and simply said that anyone who could tell us anything was under NDA. I could tell people a lot of anything and am not under NDA.

I took it to mean many of the unanswered questions.


Dylos wrote:
jimibones83 wrote:
Dylos wrote:
LazarX wrote:
Anyone who can tell us anything is under NDA.
There is no NDA for subscribers, when they have access to the PDF they can give as much information as they like, however Paizo does often request that they do not paste whole sections of the book until after the street date.
Subscribers have no knowledge on the matter. The statement excluded them.

Which statement would that be, LazarX didn't quote anyone, and simply said that anyone who could tell us anything was under NDA. I could tell people a lot of anything and am not under NDA.

I took it to mean many of the unanswered questions.

His statement pertained to the topic. Being that subscribers lack access, he excluded them by stating "anyone who knows anything". My understanding of English is excellent and his point was obvious. There's no reason to play games such as the one I've bolded.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but your original response didn't correlate. I explained it only briefly the first time because I knew that walking through it would only sound worse.

Shadow Lodge

jimibones83 wrote:
Dylos wrote:
jimibones83 wrote:
Dylos wrote:
LazarX wrote:
Anyone who can tell us anything is under NDA.
There is no NDA for subscribers, when they have access to the PDF they can give as much information as they like, however Paizo does often request that they do not paste whole sections of the book until after the street date.
Subscribers have no knowledge on the matter. The statement excluded them.

Which statement would that be, LazarX didn't quote anyone, and simply said that anyone who could tell us anything was under NDA. I could tell people a lot of anything and am not under NDA.

I took it to mean many of the unanswered questions.

His statement pertained to the topic. Being that subscribers lack access, he excluded them by stating "anyone who knows anything". My understanding of English is excellent and his point was obvious. There's no reason to play games such as the one I've bolded.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but your original response didn't correlate. I explained it only briefly the first time because I knew that walking through it would only sound worse.

Lack access to what exactly? That is what I am failing to understand as subscribers have access to the PDF once it ships, and it has already shipped for some.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Less fight, more cybernetics!

:P


Actually, I want to know what kinds of tech crafting feats there are. I'm curious as to how they divided technological items in terms of crafting.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Four Craft feats:

Craft Cybernetics
Craft Pharmaceutical
Craft Technological Arms and Armor
Craft Technological Item

EDIT: It is worth mentioning that all four crafting feats require another feat - Technologist.


Heine Stick wrote:

Four Craft feats:

Craft Cybernetics
Craft Pharmaceutical
Craft Technological Arms and Armor
Craft Technological Item

EDIT: It is worth mentioning that all four crafting feats require another feat - Technologist.

Are they classed as magic item creation feats, out of curiosity?


They do not have the Item Creation subcategory, no.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ooh- Craft Pharmaceutical sounds interesting. Sounds like a great feat for an alchemist.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Speaking of pharmaceuticals, the following are featured in the book:

Baseline
Cardioamp
Cureall
Hemochem
Hype
Torpinal
Vive
Zortaphen

Dark Archive

What is Curall?


brad2411 wrote:
What is Curall?

Looks like CureAll to me, as in it 'cures all ailments' or something.


So if I were to subscribe now, would I be able to get access to the PDF now?


brad2411 wrote:
What is Curall?

Basically a dose of cureall gives the victim of a disease or poison another saving throw. If the victim is afflicted by multiple diseases or poisons, the second saving throw is against the disease or poison with the highest save DC.


Odraude wrote:
So if I were to subscribe now, would I be able to get access to the PDF now?

You'd get it when the order is ready to ship. Which could be any time during this month's subscription run.

Dark Archive

Thanks Heine Stick thats what I thought but was not sure.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

12 people marked this as a favorite.

After looking over the copy I just got this evening, I have to say I am now certain that we did not pack enough for Gen Con. I think this book is going to be HUGE. It is absolutely gorgeous, and contains all kinds of amazing items that open up all kind of new possibilities for Pathfinder campaigns.

You could, if you wanted to, use it as the basis for a full-on science fiction campaign if you wanted to. It turned out even better than I imagined it would.


Erik Mona wrote:

After looking over the copy I just got this evening, I have to say I am now certain that we did not pack enough for Gen Con. I think this book is going to be HUGE. It is absolutely gorgeous, and contains all kinds of amazing items that open up all kind of new possibilities for Pathfinder campaigns.

You could, if you wanted to, use it as the basis for a full-on science fiction campaign if you wanted to. It turned out even better than I imagined it would.

I definitely plan on doing that once I get a copy.

I get paid today too so I may subscribe to get it.


Erik Mona wrote:

After looking over the copy I just got this evening, I have to say I am now certain that we did not pack enough for Gen Con. I think this book is going to be HUGE. It is absolutely gorgeous, and contains all kinds of amazing items that open up all kind of new possibilities for Pathfinder campaigns.

You could, if you wanted to, use it as the basis for a full-on science fiction campaign if you wanted to. It turned out even better than I imagined it would.

Why must you torment me so?!

Also, time to rework one of my characters' feats. Again. On a related note, anyone able to tell me what the ASF is for power armor?


@Dylos Ahhhh I see. I didn't realize it had already shipped to anyone. I believe LazarX may have overlooked that as well.


When will this be up on the SRD?


Erik Mona wrote:

After looking over the copy I just got this evening, I have to say I am now certain that we did not pack enough for Gen Con. I think this book is going to be HUGE. It is absolutely gorgeous, and contains all kinds of amazing items that open up all kind of new possibilities for Pathfinder campaigns.

You could, if you wanted to, use it as the basis for a full-on science fiction campaign if you wanted to. It turned out even better than I imagined it would.

I don't know about that. No beam swords means no complete lol. But I am glad it covers so many bases.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

WHAT DOES THE TECHSLINGER DO/GET?!

Also what is the Technomancer like?


I hate the wait for the PDF!


Any info on those null blades?

951 to 1,000 of 1,557 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Technology Guide (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.