Pathfinder Battles—Lost Coast

4.30/5 (based on 6 ratings)
WZK71576-8

Booster

Image Not Yet Available

Case

Image Not Yet Available

Brick

Add Booster $15.99

Case Unavailable

Brick Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

The Lost Coast is the name given to the coastal land of southwestern Varisia stretching from the city of Magnimar to the Fogscar Mountains. It is a wild and desolate country full of lingering fogs, small woodlands of pine and nettles along a rocky coastline of ragged bluffs and crashing waves. Many an adventuring party has travelled to the Lost Coast seeking fame and riches, never to be heard from again...

Lost Coast is the latest 45-figure set release in the award-winning Pathfinder Battles line of miniatures from Paizo and WizKids Games! The Lost Coast features friends and foes from the region of the same name, and is sure to please Pathfinder fans new and veteran alike!

Pathfinder Battles figures come in a variety of randomly assorted packaging options.

  • Lost Coast Standard Boosters contain 1 Large figure and 3 Medium or Small figures
  • Lost Coast Standard Bricks contain 8 Standard Boosters (32 figures total)
  • Lost Coast Standard Cases contain 4 Standard Bricks (32 Standard Boosters, 128 figures total)
Purchasers should get no to very few duplicate figures in a brick. Buyers who purchase factory-sealed cases should get a nearly complete set of figures. (As with any randomized product, collation is not guaranteed.)

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Battles Case Subscription.

Product Availability

Booster:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

Case, Brick:

Unavailable

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

WZK71576


See Also:

1 to 5 of 6 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.30/5 (based on 6 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Almost perfect!

4/5

Out of 44 minis i rated:
1 star: 3 minis,
2 stars: 5 minis,
3 stars: 11 minis,
4 stars: 9 minis,
5 stars: 16 minis!

THE GOOD:
A few animals, 4 small elementals, a lot of useful standard monsters, a few (great) dragons, 2 demon lords and some cultists.

THE BAD: The elves and half-elves and the noble.

THE UGLY: A Hill giant with an overall - 4 times per case!


Good product!

5/5

The set as a whole was very satisfactory - the Battles line has been getting better in one way or another with every set. I do miss the AP-specific sets, though.

Specific thoughts:

I'm glad that AP-specific models such as Justice Ironbriar and the Goblin Druid are still sneaking in. More of those, please.

The paint quality is quite decent on most; I was especially impressed with the iconic oracle, Alahazra. The line has recovered well from the Legends of Golarion and Reign of Winter issues, it appears.

Breakages and flaws were minimal. One Thug came unattached from the base, but since they're now bagged, I know I won't lose anything. A Cultist came without his potion hand, but I thought it actually improved the look of the mini a little. That said, the way the minis are packaged does seem to be resulting in some posture issues. My Haughty Avengers and Elf Archers are all bent halfway back, as is my Forest Shadow. A little disappointing...

I like the decision to put the Forest Drake in a standing position, as opposed to the "flight bars" of the previous Drakes. It's also just a very good-looking mini. Same for the Large Green Dragon.

Regarding rarity, things are good for the most part. I am a little bothered by the Fire Giant King, though. I have four - that's more than I have of Fire Giants!

I could have handled way less of the Lamashtu Cult. Three rank-and-file minis, plus two unique characters, is an awful lot for one faction. Meanwhile, I'm still scraping together enough Gray Maidens for Crimson Throne. Hopefully, future sets will expand on certain factions - if you're going to do this, at least keep doing it for the factions I like. ^_^

Finally, speaking of Lamashtu, I'm a little puzzled by her appearance as a mini. Gods are supposed to be too powerful to fight, so I'm not sure what she's doing here. Hopefully it's leading up to something...

Anyway, various quibbles aside, great work! I'm looking forward to Dungeons Deep! (When I can find the money.)


Return to form

4/5

Looks like the battles line has overcome the QC issues. This set was very impressive. The sculpts are mostly very well done, but as you would expect some I like some I don't. However the paint jobs on these are a big A+. Every mini I pulled was consistently good, well painted faces with easy to make out details. I received a full set and had no incidence of breakages in the cases. In fact out of two cases I received one lone mini that was sitting a little bent on its base (the skinny elf archer)

My biggest gripe is the insistence on using long polearm like weapons that inevitable develop a floppy look. It's messy and ruins the overall aesthetic of the mini wielding them.

The highlight for me is the leaping Boggard. Love it. Great detail, interesting sculpt.

Overall a great set that had me buying two cases, something I haven't done since the shattered star set.


As expected

4/5

Hi Everyone this is my 5th Case by now and nothing has changed much.
The Sculpts in this one here are wonderful, except for the Piggy. I have so many NPC and Animal Figures, i had to put them in a seperate Place.

Anyway, the figures are overall well done. In my case there seemed to be a problem with the Elf Archer. 1 was Ok, 1 leaning of his Base and 1 completely broken of.
As always i got a full Set and the Hill Giants will come in Handy during the next King Maker AP.

See you soon :)


great

5/5

I ordered a brick of these. I really love the sculpts on this set, and the varied monsters included. Really great. The elementals are useful. I'm a big fan of these minis, the paint job on all of mine are really good even the humans which im surprised about. Could have just been lucky, but ive seen some of the terrible paint jobs and i didnt get any on this one.

Love the larges too, hill giant and troll look great and just the right amount of intimidating when you break them out. The Pazuzu is my favoruite monster i got though, looks fantastic.


1 to 5 of 6 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
51 to 100 of 105 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Sadly they sort of straddle the line between medium and large. I've made do with some creative solutions though.


Shipping delays on pre-orders is why I stopped buying mini's from Paizo. Pre-orders used to come before the stores got them and it was cool bring the sets down and everyone commenting on the new sculpts. But the Pre-orders with RoW came almost 3 weeks after the stores got them. So Now i just but from the stores the day they come in.


Erik Mona wrote:

The goblin and undead sets did not sell well enough for WizKids to be interested in that format.

There will not be any more sets like that in the foreseeable future. Everybody loved them, but not enough people bought them. :)

That is too bad. I bought two cubes of both and would have loved to see the treatment given to other subjects as well. But in the end I do understand they need to make money or they don't want to do something.


Alex Smith 908 wrote:
Sadly they sort of straddle the line between medium and large. I've made do with some creative solutions though.

Putting them on a 2" base helps. :)


I ended up putting jungle goblin spiders from an old warhammer fantasy set on 2 inch bases. Though given the price hikes of GW it wouldn't have been worth it to do so new.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
roysier wrote:
Shipping delays on pre-orders is why I stopped buying mini's from Paizo. Pre-orders used to come before the stores got them and it was cool bring the sets down and everyone commenting on the new sculpts. But the Pre-orders with RoW came almost 3 weeks after the stores got them. So Now i just but from the stores the day they come in.

Yeah, this delay is pretty bad. Tomorrow will be a full week from launch day and I've heard nothing about my order.

I used to just buy a case from miniaturemarket.com and get a fat discount plus points toward future purchases. I decided I'd rather my money go straight to paizo. Not only do we not get early access for being subscribers, but we don't even get them at launch. Its a pretty huge miss in my opinion.

Unless there is some kind of system put in place to avoid this with future cases, I don't think I'll remain subscribed-- too big of a price point for the hassle.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Shem wrote:

I bought two boxes of both the goblins and the undead.

I think I did my part.

I get this isn't going to happen, but kobolds would be nice in one of those boxes.

Maybe in a different format.

The kobolds and orcs in Legends of Golarion were designed to be "feeders" for kobold and orc Builder Series sets.

Oh, well.


Erik Mona wrote:

The kobolds and orcs in Legends of Golarion were designed to be "feeders" for kobold and orc Builder Series sets.

Oh, well.

Khaaaaaaaaaaan!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Eric- you guys really need to do something about the shipping issues. Last Week I ordered singles mini's from 3 different online retailers including Paizo. The other 2 orders have already arrived at my house the Paizo order remains in a "Pending" status, I don't expect them to arrive for a few weeks which makes that a few weeks later then ordering them somewhere else.

I would like to support Paizo by buying direct but order processing times are a big factor in my decision.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
Erik Mona wrote:
Shem wrote:

I bought two boxes of both the goblins and the undead.

I think I did my part.

I get this isn't going to happen, but kobolds would be nice in one of those boxes.

Maybe in a different format.

The kobolds and orcs in Legends of Golarion were designed to be "feeders" for kobold and orc Builder Series sets.

Oh, well.

That would have been nice. Maybe there is a different format to do builder sets rather than the individual packages thing? I am not sure what that might be, but maybe...


roysier wrote:

Eric- you guys really need to do something about the shipping issues. Last Week I ordered singles mini's from 3 different online retailers including Paizo. The other 2 orders have already arrived at my house the Paizo order remains in a "Pending" status, I don't expect them to arrive for a few weeks which makes that a few weeks later then ordering them somewhere else.

I would like to support Paizo by buying direct but order processing times are a big factor in my decision.

He is aware of the need to correct this.


Any details other than the vague statement from Erik regarding what is happening with lost coast shipments? I sent an e-mail 2-3 days ago to customer service on my order and still haven't received a reply. While Paizo's shipping & handling times are generally awful (whether their product or someone else's that you buy from them), this particular order seems worse than usual.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Mine have just shipped, and last I heard the warehouse crew was working late to get as many orders out before the holiday weekend hits. Hopefully yours makes it out, but I imagine some subscribers might get shut out due to time constraints.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Cletus:

I've been out sick the last two days so I am unfortunately not up to date on the progress that has been made in that time. (TriOmegaZero's post provides some measure of encouragement).

My understanding of the problem is that a recent software upgrade to our shipping software accidentally erased a prior fix related to shipping Pathfinder Battles boxes. Because these boxes are unusually large for their weight, the software got confused about the shipping rate, locking it to an ultra-expensive custom shipping option that would cost customers hundreds of bucks.

The second the team became aware of this they immediately began fixing the problem.

I'm not sure if that amount of information is helpful to you in any way, but there it is. That's what happened.

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Yeah I was hopeful mine would ship soon as well, but with thanksgiving hitting the next 2 days I think I'll be waiting until next week. Given the time to ship here it means I am sadly expecting a post Christmas arrival, which could easily extend to January here - so two months after street date.

Up until now I've been OK with the delays, and the customer service team are always good to work with, but this yet another set where I've had some significant delays in getting them. Has there been any thought about moving the great golem sale to a better time? That seems to be one of the man culprits in the delays.


Erik Mona wrote:

Cletus:

I've been out sick the last two days so I am unfortunately not up to date on the progress that has been made in that time. (TriOmegaZero's post provides some measure of encouragement).

My understanding of the problem is that a recent software upgrade to our shipping software accidentally erased a prior fix related to shipping Pathfinder Battles boxes. Because these boxes are unusually large for their weight, the software got confused about the shipping rate, locking it to an ultra-expensive custom shipping option that would cost customers hundreds of bucks.

The second the team became aware of this they immediately began fixing the problem.

I'm not sure if that amount of information is helpful to you in any way, but there it is. That's what happened.

Two words: Regression testing. :P

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

Cletus:

I've been out sick the last two days so I am unfortunately not up to date on the progress that has been made in that time. (TriOmegaZero's post provides some measure of encouragement).

My understanding of the problem is that a recent software upgrade to our shipping software accidentally erased a prior fix related to shipping Pathfinder Battles boxes. Because these boxes are unusually large for their weight, the software got confused about the shipping rate, locking it to an ultra-expensive custom shipping option that would cost customers hundreds of bucks.

The second the team became aware of this they immediately began fixing the problem.

I'm not sure if that amount of information is helpful to you in any way, but there it is. That's what happened.

Thanks for this explanation, Erik. Having some of the ambiguity removed makes this wait a little less frustrating.

Shadow Lodge

Erik Mona wrote:

Cletus:

I've been out sick the last two days so I am unfortunately not up to date on the progress that has been made in that time. (TriOmegaZero's post provides some measure of encouragement).

No need to be formal Erik, you can call me TOZ.


Wow, really, I get a notice my shipment isn't leaving the warehouse until 12/16 when I ordered on 11/20. The odd thing is I ordered mini's from 2 other online retailers at the same time and those packages have already arrived.

I guess it's time to stop using Paizo as a online retailer due to epic shipping failures.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Dire Care Bear Manager

The "should ship by Dec 16th" is an erroneous confirmation email. Those emails are for a very specific set of circumstances but are being sent out for a bunch of orders that should not be getting them. Your order should leave the warehouse within 24 business hours of when you got that email.


I feel sorry for you Paizo folks. Seems this set was filled with shipping issues. I hope the next set goes back to our receiving it within a few days of street.


I definitely feel sorry for the people working in the warehouse!


Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to get a email to Wizkids. i bought the LAMASHTU mini from Auggies games and on the mini the left wing is the right wing turned upside down. i dont realy want to send the mini back, so if i were to get the correct wing i can re glue it on the mini. Any info helps. Thanks


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

This is the email for their replacement support.

wkreplacements@necaonline.com

That seems like the best option.


So I received my case (thank you warehouse folks) and I have to say, they all look great. But the thing I want to say most is I love the level of the human faces. This is what they all should be IMO. They all look great.

Well done.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Opened my case tonight, some bends, one break. (A rare, unfortunately.)

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber

We got our case yesterday. We had a couple of bends (a gnome and a small water elemental leaning backwards), but no breakages. We were getting a bit worried towards the end, but the two gaps in the line-up (the green dragon and Damiel) were filled by the last two boxes.

There are so many good figures in this set it's hard to pick favourites, but the bronze and brass dragons are eye-catching, as is Pazuzu.

Dark Archive

Erik Mona wrote:

The goblin and undead sets did not sell well enough for WizKids to be interested in that format.

There will not be any more sets like that in the foreseeable future. Everybody loved them, but not enough people bought them. :)

Oh, man... that is sad news, indeed. :(

I would have loved to see orc and gnoll sets. I probably bought close to a hundred goblins and 50+ undead, and I am really happy I did.


I just wanted to comment that from a quality standpoint, this may have been your best set yet. Great work with the paint job, all of the figures I unboxed looked great.

I had 1 Haughty Avenger who had a broken arm I re-glued, and both figures of her I received had really bent weapons, and 1 of my city watch snipers had quite the lean, but otherwise, fantastic job.

This has renewed my faith in the line :)

Now that I have a large green dragon and a gargantuan green dragon though, I need a green dragon evolution set to round them out.

Same for black dragons... >.>


Erik Mona wrote:

The goblin and undead sets did not sell well enough for WizKids to be interested in that format.

There will not be any more sets like that in the foreseeable future. Everybody loved them, but not enough people bought them. :)

I think an excellent compromise would be to put a goblin figure and an undead figure in each set, which appears to be the plan.

I also appreciate adding some minor NPCs that didn't make it into the ROTR set into this one; I didn't get Korovus in time to use him in my campaign, but I'm expecting Justice Ironbriar to arrive just in time.

As a side note, it would help a lot in my epileptic treeant logic sorting system if the named character (or even the generic ones) had their creature types and subtypes listed. I can guess that Malagus Kreeg and Conna the Wise are humanoid (giant) without looking them up in the direct source, but I had trouble figuring out where to sort Zorka (RoW).


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I just got my first case subscription and wow... opening all those boxes is fun AND tedious. Is there policy on broken/warped minis? Sad to report, a small number of the figures arrived broken off their stands or warped so that even resetting them with a hairdryer won't work.

Paizo Employee Data Entry Cleric of Abadar

a2fan wrote:
I just got my first case subscription and wow... opening all those boxes is fun AND tedious. Is there policy on broken/warped minis? Sad to report, a small number of the figures arrived broken off their stands or warped so that even resetting them with a hairdryer won't work.

Email customer service at customer.service@paizo.com or create a new thread in the Customer Service Forum


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Scott Keim wrote:

Email customer service at customer.service@paizo.com or create a new thread in the Customer Service Forum

OK, I did that (e-mail). Thanks for the help.

Now to enjoy all the Squealing Nords I received in the case -- or as we sometimes call them, 'bacon elementals'.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
a2fan wrote:
or as we sometimes call them, 'bacon elementals'.

Made me laugh--thanks! It will be stuck in my head forever.

*sizzle*

Ruyan.


Finally got my box, mini's are awesome, best paints I've seen in a while even if they shipped way too late!

Only (very small) issue with the set is a few bends.

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Got my case, opened it up and... incomplete set. Again. This is my second case where I didn't get all the figures. The good news is that instead of getting an entire brick twice, I only have 1 missing figure: Pazuzu. Instead, I think I got an extra Fire Giant King (in case I ever need 4 of those).

My observations from this set are: 1) the figures look great (best yet), 2) there are a lot of repeats with 45-figure sets.

Also, I only had 1 broken figure. It was a Gnome Whatever and he's off his base. Easy fix.

-Skeld


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Skeld wrote:
I only have one missing piece: Pazuzu.

Easily fixed. Just say his name three times after each other.

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Kajehase wrote:
Skeld wrote:
I only have one missing piece: Pazuzu.
Easily fixed. Just say his name three times after each other.

I did, right after I ordered one off Ebay.

-Skeld


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I got my first case subscription, and though I like the sculpts and most of the painting (I agree with an earlier person that the face on the shifty noble woman was lacking), all of my City Watch Snipers (3) came with the bases separated and Haughty Avengers (3) came with their right arms detached from their bodies.

I think I like the 55 piece sets better, as like Skeld and others described their cases, there were tons of repeats (got 4~6 of many of the seemingly common mediums and larges).

My favorites are the Hill Giant Chief and the Pazuzu (whenever my Tengu drinks an enlarge potion, this will be my go-to mini!).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Due to so many repeats in the 45-figure sets, I have stopped buying cases and switched to purchasing singles only.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

did all the "Lamashtu Thug 1" and "Lamashtu Thug 2" get assembled differently from the pictures and did just nobody notice till now?

I ordered 2 "Lamashtu Thug 2" and got 2 dagger wielding thugs instead, mounted on the base I ordered.


DropBearHunter wrote:

did all the "Lamashtu Thug 1" and "Lamashtu Thug 2" get assembled differently from the pictures and did just nobody notice till now?

I ordered 2 "Lamashtu Thug 2" and got 2 dagger wielding thugs instead, mounted on the base I ordered.

Did you try Customer Service to se what they had to say? I would have allowed Customer Service to respond before giving this figure a one star review as you did.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Unlike forum and product discussion posts, reviews can be edited indefinetely.
I'll change it to 5 stars as soon as the picture matches.
Till then people who order the single should be warned about what they get.

As a case subscriber, have you checked yours?
The distributors I sometimes buy from have them displayed as I received it, looks like picture mixup at Paizo.


DropBearHunter wrote:

Unlike forum and product discussion posts, reviews can be edited indefinetely.

I'll change it to 5 stars as soon as the picture matches.
Till then people who order the single should be warned about what they get.

As a case subscriber, have you checked yours?
The distributors I sometimes buy from have them displayed as I received it, looks like picture mixup at Paizo.

I still think you should give Customer Service a call so they can both know there is an issue and so they can fix it for you. As for mine, I admit I didn't notice an issue but I will check once I return home from work just for fun. :-)


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
danielc wrote:
I still think you should give Customer Service a call so they can both know there is an issue and so they can fix it for you. As for mine, I admit I didn't notice an issue but I will check once I return home from work just for fun. :-)

I did send them a message too, but the review will get to customers quicker.

In the LOG set the Tooth Gang was called "Brute" and "Knifer", maybe a good idea to give such different figures distinct names to avoid mixups in the future.

With the goblin pyros it doesn't matter much which one you get (and I sure never compared the base, sculpt and picture) but since I already have two Tooth Gang Knifers, I really wanted the crossbow villains.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Has anyone successfully replaced a miniature from The Lost Coast yet with WizKids?

When I attempt to create a package - this set is not listed...

I've sent an email to both wk.replacements@gmail.com and wkreplacements@necaonline.com in the last week and have yet to receive a response.

It's been 55 days since release, this seems like a huge oversight considering "Replacements are only available within the first 90 days of game purchase."


DropBearHunter wrote:
With the goblin pyros it doesn't matter much which one you get (and I sure never compared the base, sculpt and picture) but since I already have two Tooth Gang Knifers, I really wanted the crossbow villains.

Reporting back: My knifers are marked Thug #2 and my X-Bows are marked Thug #1.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

aand fixed

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Are we likely to see bricks or boosters available for purchase of this set online in the near future? Currently, the only option available is to buy a case.

Webstore Gninja Minion

WiseWolfOfYoitsu wrote:
Are we likely to see bricks or boosters available for purchase of this set online in the near future? Currently, the only option available is to buy a case.

You should be able to order bricks and boosters now.

51 to 100 of 105 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Battles—Lost Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.