Bullet Point: 6 Anachronistic Armors (PFRPG) PDF
Rogue Genius Games
(based on 3 ratings)
Add to Cart
Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don't always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn't have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that's needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
Bullet Points are a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
High Concept: Examples of anachronistic “modern” armor for use in fantasy games where characters (or at least equipment) from different eras may end up in the bazaars of magic markets, or fantasy adventures may end up, at least briefly, in modern settings.
The six anachronistic armor types included are:
- Ballistic Vest: This is a form of protective covering made from advanced fabrics which are woven, knit, or spun together to form a bullet-resistant protection.
- Ballistic Vest, Tactical: This is a more covering version of the ballistic vest, with thicker protection over vital areas and coverings for the lower abdomen and shoulders.
- Ballistic Armor, Reinforced: Reinforced ballistic armor covers a larger area of the body and includes a layer of chainmail, ceramic trauma plates, or similar material to improve its protection against non-ballistic attacks.
- Ceramic Armor: Ceramic armor is a form of ballistic armor that has been augmented with overlapping strong, lightweight ceramic plates that can decrease over time.
- Riot Shield: This is a clear plastic shield designed to protect against rocks and similar weapons of opportunity.
- Tactical Shield: The tactical shield is a large, heavy steel shield with a plastic, ceramic, or ballistic cloth backing designed to stop even heavy weapons fire.
Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at