Pathfinder Adventure Path: Rise of the Runelords Deluxe Collector's Edition (PFRPG) Hardcover

5.00/5 (based on 13 ratings)

Our Price: $199.99

Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Celebrate 10 years of Paizo Publishing and 5 years of the Pathfinder Adventure Path with the Rise of the Runelords Deluxe Collector's Edition, a stunning presentation of the very first Adventure Path campaign unlike anything you've seen before! This amazing paizo.com-exclusive edition has been produced in extremely limited quantities, and is sure to be remembered for years as one of the most beautiful Pathfinder products ever created.

The Rise of the Runelords Deluxe Collector's Edition comes packed in a gorgeous oversized “magical tome” case modeled after the spellbook of Karzoug, Runelord of Greed, the ultimate villain of the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path. With real metal casings, leather-like covers, and a working mechanical latch, this presentation case easily doubles as a campaign prop. Inside you'll find a gorgeous hardbound collection of the entire Runelords campaign packed with removable maps and player handouts, as well as a collection of 15 beautiful archival prints of the campaign's key iconic characters and original cover paintings!

Don't miss your chance to own this important part of Pathfinder history!

The Presentation Case

  • Inspired by Runelord Karzoug's “real” magical tome, this beautiful presentation case measures 13 inches tall by 10.75 inches wide by 3 inches thick, and snugly fits all components of the Rise of the Runelords Deluxe Collector's Edition.
  • Features leather-like covers, metal casings, an imitation “grimoire” spine, a 1-inch-thick blood red cloth bookmark, and embossed with a silver-foil Sihedron Rune of the ancient Runelords.
  • Keep your components safe from prying eyes with a working metal latch.
  • Presentation case, deluxe book, and art prints all come packaged in a durable box for hassle-free storage.

The Book

  • This beautifully bound limited-edition of the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path features 432 pages of glorious color printed on ultra-high-quality paper, making it attractive and durable.
  • Bound in high-quality imitation leather, the book features an ornate spine as well as a silver foil-stamped image of the Runelords' insidious Sihedron Rune.
  • Includes a blood-red bookmark perfect for tracking the campaign's progress!
  • Twenty-two full-color player handouts and key maps are printed on high-quality paper and tucked into slitted pages, allow players to hold important clues while leaving the GM with copies of his own.

The Prints

15 premium full-color prints of key Rise of the Runelords cover images and iconic characters on high-quality art stock paper, all packaged individually in vellum envelopes, and all suitable for framing. All prints feature classic Runelords art by superstar Pathfinder cover artist Wayne Reynolds! Prints include:

  • Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Cover
  • Pathfinder Adventure Path #1 Cover Background
  • Pathfinder Adventure Path #1 Alternate Cover Background
  • Pathfinder Adventure Path #2 Cover Background
  • Pathfinder Adventure Path #3 Cover Background
  • Pathfinder Adventure Path #4 Cover Background
  • Pathfinder Adventure Path #5 Cover Background
  • Pathfinder Adventure Path #6 Cover Background
  • Valeros Iconic Character Image
  • Seoni Iconic Character Image
  • Merisiel Iconic Character Image
  • Kyra Iconic Character Image
  • Harsk Iconic Character Image
  • Ezren Iconic Character Image
  • Karzoug Character Image

The Rise of the Runelords Deluxe Collector's Edition is not part of any subscription, but Pathfinder Adventure Path subscribers who preorder this book will receive a free PDF edition of this book when the print edition ships. (Note that you will need to have an active AP subscription at the time the Deluxe Collector's Edition ships in order to receive the PDF for free.)

Download the Web Enhancement! - (180 KB zip PDF)
Originally posted to the Paizo blog for Pathfinder Adventure Path #5.

Rise of the Runelords Deluxe Collector's Edition is sanctioned for use in Pathfinder Society Organized Play. The rules and Chronicle sheets for running this Adventure Path are available as a free download (438 KB zip/PDF).

Additional Product Images


(click to enlarge)
Pathfinder Adventure Path: Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition (PFRPG)

Product Availability

Unavailable

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO1002-L


See Also:

1 to 5 of 14 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

5.00/5 (based on 13 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Fantastic Quality

5/5

This book is well worth the price. The quality is amazing, the prints are beautiful (actually going to frame them and hang them) and the individual handouts are extremely helpful.

There is literally only 1 tiny thing that I was thrown off-guard about with this book and that is with the locking hinge with the grimoire case. There is a single piton about a centimeter long that is holding the hinge in place and if you hold the case upside down it falls into the metal casing in a way that it allows for the hinge to be removed, and if the hinge is removed and you turn the case right-side up the piton will fall out. Easy remedy, keep the book right-side up or flat on its back to let gravity do its work to keep the hinge in place.

So that is the only concern I had and wanted to put that out there for anyone who wants to purchase this fine piece of awesomeness so they are not caught off-guard as well.


Amazing Book!


I love this thing. I've had it for a while now and the only complaint I have is the star on the cover. The seven pointed star emblem on the cover of the case (not on the book inside) arrived partially scratched off and over time (maybe a few months) it has gathered a couple more scratches so I'm kind of bummed by it's lack of perfection. Everything else is wonderful!


The most awesome ..

5/5

Just got the deluxe edition as a pre-birthday gift from my players, and I have to say: It's the most awesome and unique roleplaying item I've ever had. Needless to say, I'll be using it for many forthcoming sessions, know all I need is a new haircut and color, some diamonds in my forehead and on my hands and loose a few pounds ... ;-)

If paizo ever considers doing other adventure paths in a deluxe edition/reprint (please consider it? plz) - I would suggest to stock some more AP related stuff into the box, like the Sandpoints Pawns, GameFlip mat, a printed version of the Players Guide (to the AP) etc.


Unbelievable

5/5

When he drops it on the table video, it didnt seem that heavy to me. when i went to lift it out of the box, i almost dropped it before i got a second hand in there!

This is a serious amount of metal, and that leather is SO SMOOTH to the touch. this is not a book make to look like a leather and metal bound tome, this IS a leather and metal bound tome!

the artwork in envelopes are also vastly better quality than what the video presents. the stock they are on cant be called paper, not sure what the industry term is for it. it is extremely thick and durable and the colors just shine off it.

Words cant describe... should have sent a poet...


beautiful!

5/5

There's not much I can add in a review that hasn't already been said by the others, except that it looks far better in person than it does in the pictures and videos.

My only possible complaint might be that the simulated edges of "pages" on the presentation box seem a bit too white, and might have used a very light stain to a colour more like aged parchment, but that's only a very, very minor nit-pick, and the case still looks great without it.

The hardware seems to be steel, and it's fastened to the cover with screws, making the construction quite sturdy. The clasp is a perfect fit - neither too loose, nor too snug.

The apparently fake leather of the box and book looks and feels quite real, and it's very soft and comfortable to the touch. This may be the nicest cover material of any book in my small collection. The spine of the box and book are textured as if the contents were bound with a heavy cord under the leather (though I don't think that's actually the case, rather just a simulation.)

The inside of the box cover seems to be a very heavy, high-quality paper, and the box itself is lined with a nice, black cloth, with a dark red ribbon which makes lifting the contents out of the box easier. The inside dimensions of the box are just right for holding your typical RPG book, or the Pathfinder DM screen and one or more Flip Maps, for example. (As others noted, if it's not holding the special edition RotRl book, it would make a fine box to store a DM's screen, dice, paper, and other such materials in.)

The book is printed in vivid colour in high-quality detail on heavy paper. This is the first time I've seen a Pathfinder adventure path of any sort, but I would have to imagine this is much higher quality printing than the original. The artwork is quite beautiful, meeting or exceeding Paizo's usual standards, the text is crisp and easy to read, and everything seems quite well-organized and easy to follow. The adventure is quite detailed (there is, perhaps, almost too much detail: the information provided is quite dense). The binding seems quite secure and well-done - this book seems to be designed for the long-haul (I can't really say the same for any of my other game books.)

The detachable hand-outs are quite a nice touch, though perhaps not really practical for real-life gaming, as I would imagine it could be quite easy to abuse the book by removing and replacing the handouts until things get dog-eared and distressed. Indeed, I would have to say that the book is best used for display as a collector-item only, rather than used on a real-world game table.

The high-quality art prints are another nice touch and could also be used as hand-outs or visual aids, though these seem more like bonus material than an integral part of the adventure path. Each print is protected in its own high-quality translucent paper (not plastic) envelope for protection, and yes the prints do seem to be nice enough to frame if you are so inclined.

I've shelved the book on my bookshelf next to the special edition of The Other Guys' fake-leather-bound special-edition 3.5E core rulebooks; the fit right in with each other, though I'd say that Paizo's product is much nicer than the Other Guys' special edition books.

The whole package seems to me to be worth the price, and I'm sure it will hold its value quite well for the future. Paizo have gone above and beyond on this product, and they've earned 5/5 stars for it.


1 to 5 of 14 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
401 to 450 of 501 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

We are now a group of excited mail-checkers. Packages from Paizo usually take almost no time to arrive...want to bet this one takes longer than normal? :)
M

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Don't complain it'll take a lot longer to get here to New Zealand!


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

The email I got suggested 6 to 10 days to NZ. Knowing my luck, probably it'll sit in a courier's van over the weekend on top of that estimate. Hopefully they then don't use their patented box-breaking "walk halfway up the steps then throw the delivery the rest of the way" delivery technique.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

My courier is a top bloke, it is the process before that damages it I reckon


Still waiting, of course... At least Canada isn't that far off, right?


Mine arrives next tuesday!

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber

Mine will supposedly be here on Thursday.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

pics and unboxing vids required!


I'm glad to see that I'm not the only New Zealander crazy enough to be getting this. :)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yeah it was a hard choice, the 95 -ish postage was the killer :(

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber
Berik wrote:
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only New Zealander crazy enough to be getting this. :)

From my limited exposure to Kiwis in their native environment (about a year spent in Auckland in 1978 working on the NZDOH unified patient records debacle^Wsystem) I'd say that the average craziness level is pretty high. Recent highlights from Air New Zealand (the safety video on their aircraft, and the terminal workers wearing "elf & safety" tabards to greet the aircraft bringing in the stars for the world premiere of "The Hobbit") have done nothing to change that opinion.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Well we did invent bunjy-jumping, jet boating among a few other bits of craziness :D


Ah, finally got my e-mail! And the unboxing video was pretty sweet, too!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Pawns, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Oh the pain.. I just saw the video on youtube and I want this even more.. I just don't have $200. :(

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

SirUrza: you are a superscriber, so it's just 170 (+ shipping).

After watching that video I'd kick myself if I didn't get it. My own personal christmas gift.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber

The UPS fairies just delivered a box! A big, heavy box ...


SirUrza wrote:
Oh the pain.. I just saw the video on youtube and I want this even more.. I just don't have $200. :(

Right there with ya, buddy. :(

Dark Archive

Any estimate when the PDF will be up? I know they are shipping and I should be eligible.

JohnF well... How is it?

Dark Archive

A second question. Will the player handouts
be individual documents for ease of printing?


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Mine all mine...don't touch wrote:

A second question. Will the player handouts

be individual documents for ease of printing?

PDF contents are the same as the regular Anniversary Edition PDF. Understandable since the content and layouts are the same.

And there it has a separate file for the player handouts.

Dark Archive

awesome I did not get the regular from Paizo so have not gotten a pdf yet.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber
Mine all mine...don't touch wrote:
JohnF well... How is it?

Pretty much like what you see in the unboxing video. That outer case is *heavy* (and the metal clasp drops down with a loud "clunk" if you let it), and the inner book is a pretty snug fit in the case - I prefer to tip it out, rather than try to pull it up. The book cover is slightly soft-surfaced - I'd suggest keeping it well away from sharp objects.

If you've got the regular Anniversary edition, you know what the actual book contents are. The paper is a little thicker, and the sheets incorporating the pockets for the handouts are even thicker than the regular pages. While I won't be taking the book along to the game every session (except for show-and-tell this week), I'll probably be using the handouts; they're much nicer than anything I can make myself from the PDF.

Apart from that, the Wayne Reynold's art prints (which are what prompted me to pick up this edition, even though I already have two copies of the anniversary edition) are every bit as good as I expected. I'm probably going to frame at least the iconics (and Karzoug) for when we set up our game room.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Just unboxed mine.
All I could do was shake my head and giggle for about 5 minutes.
This thing is even more intimidating than I had envisioned it. The unboxing video doesn't give you a great sense of its scale and only a hint as to its weight.

Couple of notes to other purchasers/potential purchasers:

Spoiler:
You'll need to cut up the handouts in chapter 2 based on which personality is driving the big bad to make sure you don't confuse your players with 3 separate messages on one handout. You might just want to print them out from the PDF rather than damage the included ones.
. And Handout 6-1 appears to be reversed, with the slot facing toward the spine. Not too concerned about it since it is the last handout and won't be coming out much, but I'm curious if other copies are crafted the same way?

JohnF has the right of it. The prints deserve to be in frames. Overall, I am not sad to have given Paizo my money for this product. If anything, it looks and feels like a well made Con Exclusive item . . . only, available to all! Once my Licktoad Goblin gets here, I will figure out a way to display it with two plush Goblin guards. That seems very appropriate.

Kudos to you, Paizo, on a completely awe-inspiring Deluxe Edition.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Yeah... handout 6–1's reversed slot seems to be a universal thing—getting the slots engineered right was one of the last and trickiest things we did for the book. Sorry that one's reversed, but I'm glad it's the ONLY one that got reversed! :-)

And you can still get the thing out of its slot, so it's not a super big deal... just be careful to avoid ripping things up when you dig in for it! :)

And glad folks are enjoying the product—I've wanted to do something on this scale for many years, and it's really cool to see it finally a real thing!


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Yeah... handout 6–1's reversed slot seems to be a universal thing—getting the slots engineered right was one of the last and trickiest things we did for the book. Sorry that one's reversed, but I'm glad it's the ONLY one that got reversed! :-)

From a design perspective, what drove the choice between side loading slots and top loading slots, since I see both kinds in here?

Quote:
And glad folks are enjoying the product—I've wanted to do something on this scale for many years, and it's really cool to see it finally a real thing!

Would this be Paizo's first Artifact?

I know this just hit the street, but are there any further plans for more products of this display quality/cos-playability/utility in the future? (it really does hit all three)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

WampaX wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Yeah... handout 6–1's reversed slot seems to be a universal thing—getting the slots engineered right was one of the last and trickiest things we did for the book. Sorry that one's reversed, but I'm glad it's the ONLY one that got reversed! :-)

From a design perspective, what drove the choice between side loading slots and top loading slots, since I see both kinds in here?

Quote:
And glad folks are enjoying the product—I've wanted to do something on this scale for many years, and it's really cool to see it finally a real thing!

Would this be Paizo's first Artifact?

I know this just hit the street, but are there any further plans for more products of this display quality/cos-playability/utility in the future? (it really does hit all three)

We have no further plans to do more products of this type in the future, but I suspect we will somewhere down the line as the inspiration strikes us.

As for the design reason for doing top loading versus side loading... that's a question for Sarah Robinson. I suspect the decision was random to a certain extent, since I can't think of any reason why to vary that.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

It's only 5 or so years to the tenth anniversary of the Core Rulebook......


hmmmm... does anybody else get a 'this video is private' message when trying to watch the youtube clip?


Yes I got the "This video is private" message. I would have liked to be able to see it.


I got my beautiful book yesterday, and regretfully it was not of the quality i had hoped. the metal clasp on the outside was broken at the hinge and disconnected, and on the actual book the last 100 pages or so had a white paste at the bottom effectively gluing the pages together. The book itself, the case, the handouts in the book and the prints are all beautifully done. While i understand in any given run there are bound to be a few fumbles that slip through the cracks (natural 1's happen), it was quite disappointing that my copy was one of those.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
iZOMBIE wrote:
I got my beautiful book yesterday, and regretfully it was not of the quality i had hoped. the metal clasp on the outside was broken at the hinge and disconnected, and on the actual book the last 100 pages or so had a white paste at the bottom effectively gluing the pages together. The book itself, the case, the handouts in the book and the prints are all beautifully done. While i understand in any given run there are bound to be a few fumbles that slip through the cracks (natural 1's happen), it was quite disappointing that my copy was one of those.

Swing on over to the Customer Service section and leave a note. They may help you get a re-roll.


I got mine this afternoon. I am not disappointed. Went shopping for fancy lecterns for display...unfortunately they cost many times what the book itself cost. :) Guess I'll just put it in my display case.

This thing really is amazing Paizo. Thanks for making it.
M


Vic Wertz wrote:
Announced! The main product image is a photograph of the actual outer presentation case, and the additional image at the bottom is a photograph of the actual book. We'll add additional photos as we're able to.

this edition could be more exquisite if it costs less moeny or have more items on it. For example: the RotRL aniversary edition players guide, the RotRL item card deck, a game master screen themeed with the RotRL, the set of Q-workshop RotRL dice set, The map folio for RotRL, and at least 4 blank character sheet...

Paizo´s are you starving or something?

Its cost too much money for just an special edition for a book (even with the handouts, the pdf and the picture or photos)...
and you tell me because you just make a compillation and an actualization for and old adventure u people want the pearls of heavens for it?

Let me explain something here to make a point:

The book copy of dante´s inferno with the william blake painting edition hard cover, costs at much 70 dlls... we are talking about an epic art and philosophy item, and cultural/history book from another era... so...

The witcher 2 Collector pc game has the following:
-Set of five d6 awesome dices
-art book
-pc 2 discs game
-card deck
-main character statue
-making of
-soundtrack,
-dlcs
-2 world themed coins (made from iron)
-a map of the world and at reverse a map of the sites youll adventure
-a leter from one king
-a game guide

The box weights at least a 8 pounds... and it costs only 77.95 dlls

So or you add those things i mention, or i do not buy it (maybe you dont care but i have a point here). thats it

check for the info here
http://www.amazon.com/The-Witcher-Assassins-Collectors-Edition-Pc/dp/B004CQ RCF4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1354425829&sr=8-4&keywords=the+witc her+2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
iZOMBIE wrote:
I got my beautiful book yesterday, and regretfully it was not of the quality i had hoped. the metal clasp on the outside was broken at the hinge and disconnected, and on the actual book the last 100 pages or so had a white paste at the bottom effectively gluing the pages together. The book itself, the case, the handouts in the book and the prints are all beautifully done. While i understand in any given run there are bound to be a few fumbles that slip through the cracks (natural 1's happen), it was quite disappointing that my copy was one of those.

ask for a replacement, its unfair that u had payed a lot of money for a "fumbled" one...

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Juda de Kerioth wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Announced! The main product image is a photograph of the actual outer presentation case, and the additional image at the bottom is a photograph of the actual book. We'll add additional photos as we're able to.

this edition could be more exquisite if it costs less moeny or have more items on it. For example: the RotRL aniversary edition players guide, the RotRL item card deck, a game master screen themeed with the RotRL, the set of Q-workshop RotRL dice set, The map folio for RotRL, and at least 4 blank character sheet...

Paizo´s are you starving or something?

Its cost too much money for just an special edition for a book (even with the handouts, the pdf and the picture or photos)...
and you tell me because you just make a compillation and an actualization for and old adventure u people want the pearls of heavens for it?

Let me explain something here to make a point:

The book copy of dante´s inferno with the william blake painting edition hard cover, costs at much 70 dlls... we are talking about an epic art and philosophy item, and cultural/history book from another era... so...

The witcher 2 Collector pc game has the following:
-Set of five d6 awesome dices
-art book
-pc 2 discs game
-card deck
-main character statue
-making of
-soundtrack,
-dlcs
-2 world themed coins (made from iron)
-a map of the world and at reverse a map of the sites youll adventure
-a leter from one king
-a game guide

The box weights at least a 8 pounds... and it costs only 77.95 dlls

So or you add those things i mention, or i do not buy it (maybe you dont care but i have a point here). thats it

check for the info here
http://www.amazon.com/The-Witcher-Assassins-Collectors-Edition-Pc/dp/B004CQ RCF4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1354425829&sr=8-4&keywords=the+witc her+2

Video game industry and RPG industry are apples and oranges. Witcher is an AAA class game, and can expect to sell over a million of regular copies and several tens of thousands of collector's edition. In such case you can afford to spread the production costs and have much more stuff in Collector's ed.

In RPGs, the regular product sells tens of thousands at very best, and collector ed's go in thousands (or even just one thousand, if you're lucky). You don't get the luxury of spreading the production costs around.

Liberty's Edge

judas 147 wrote:
iZOMBIE wrote:
I got my beautiful book yesterday, and regretfully it was not of the quality i had hoped. the metal clasp on the outside was broken at the hinge and disconnected, and on the actual book the last 100 pages or so had a white paste at the bottom effectively gluing the pages together. The book itself, the case, the handouts in the book and the prints are all beautifully done. While i understand in any given run there are bound to be a few fumbles that slip through the cracks (natural 1's happen), it was quite disappointing that my copy was one of those.
ask for a replacement, its unfair that u had payed a lot of money for a "fumbled" one...

Yea second ask for another copy. With pictures. Pictures truly help with anything.

Just hope when my copy arrives I don't "roll a one".


ok i admit the video game sells a lot of copies
but 200 dollars for a book?

in my profession, one test (DSMIV for example) cost at max the half of that and its made for tratitment of mental illnes, diagnosis and personality issues, help the people to live better...

the don quijote´s book (4 tomes hard cover) costs as much 50 dollars all of them!!

im just saying they can give us more for that expensive cost!!


If all you want is the book then may I suggest the Anniversary Edition to you. in this case I think you're underestimating just how much of the cost is tied up in the box and the book itself. It's not so much about the content as the amount of care that has gone into the various pieces.

Now that being said it also includes 15 Wayne Reynolds prints and I would imagine that would cost a fair amount to get by themselves. And the built in handouts is a huge thing for me, it's probably the single thing that most sold me on this book.


Berik wrote:

If all you want is the book then may I suggest the Anniversary Edition to you. in this case I think you're underestimating just how much of the cost is tied up in the box and the book itself. It's not so much about the content as the amount of care that has gone into the various pieces.

Now that being said it also includes 15 Wayne Reynolds prints and I would imagine that would cost a fair amount to get by themselves. And the built in handouts is a huge thing for me, it's probably the single thing that most sold me on this book.

I guess so, Wayne Reynolds must ask for a payment for his job, and im agree with... but, i think its too much for a book itself, i know the book are awesome, much as paizo´s can do... but it can be even more for that price

its an insane price for just a book and 15 pictures... the hand out its a nice detail, but...

how many cost to paizo make theyre own items?
not quite much, for a company wich has the sale rate of theyre items at the best in the market...

lets see:
Face Cards: Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path 8.79
Rise of The Runelords Dice, Set of 7 13.32
the players guide 4.50
Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path Pawn Collection 10.87
Item Cards: Rise of the Runelords Deck (Gamemastery) 9.99
4character sheet let say 2cents for each as much...
the map folio 12.50
59.97 and this is the cost for sale, the production cost is at much a third of that... so, 59.97/3=19.99 plus the box, plus the book, plus the handouts and the wayne reynolds pictures...

with all of that mix with the massive develop, i can say it cost to paizo´s (with all of that things inside) a $70/each copy and i go so high with... and theres 130 dlls to keep for themselves...

i actualy buy at Q-workshop company, and a single set with my design cost 2dlls the piece, then, after the set is created, they lower theyre prices to the cost, and i make some writes at imprent, for one book i wrote. thats cost me 20 dollars the first copy, and the subsequent copies, cost me 5... and thats for a single person price, not for a company which make deals and get special agrees with other companies to lower prices!!

the art in RotRL are awesome, the campaign itself is beuty, i can spend my 200 in that copy, but to me it is no worth at all, to me is empty. i do understand the feeling and all of that, but the sentimental price is too high for what it deserves to cost to me!!

sorry, i dont go with this politic of being consumist and keep quiet with a something like this comes out. i promise this is my last post in this thread, but think twice before spent a lot of money in something empty as this


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I'd have paid considerably more. I don't think there's a "correct" price for something like this.

Berik's suggestion of the anniversary edition is a good one if the book is the main thing that you're looking for.


ok sorry but i have to share this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1601250606/ref=sr_1_17_olp?ie=UTF8&a mp;qid=1354443507&sr=8-17&keywords=rise+of+the+runelords&condit ion=used

i dont know the politics in usa about the re-selling issues, but i think those prices are so ilegal for a free product!!

are paizo aware of this?


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

That's an actual print-product that never was free - the pdf-version of the Player's Guide was, though.

The reason for the price is, most likely, that it's out of print and no longer available even in the Paizo store. As to whether anyone is willing to pay that much for something they can download legally for no cost at all is another question.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
judas 147 wrote:

ok sorry but i have to share this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1601250606/ref=sr_1_17_olp?ie=UTF8&a mp;qid=1354443507&sr=8-17&keywords=rise+of+the+runelords&condit ion=used

i dont know the politics in usa about the re-selling issues, but i think those prices are so ilegal for a free product!!

are paizo aware of this?

Those would be Amazon bots trying to outbid each other. Cranking up the re-seller price in pennies each time they scan and cycle through. Gone unchecked, you get situations like this or the even more maddening case where the resellers are trying to discount each other and sell it for $0.

And as Kajehase pointed out, its a free PDF here on Paizo. Even the updated player's guide is a FREE PDF download. If someone doesn't look around first to see that their $420 (current amazon reseller price) is buying a 5 pack of a 16 page booklet, that isn't even the first part of the adventure(selling for much less) . . . caveat emptor.

In the case of this DCE version of RotRL, The cost is wrapped up in the construction. The black leather-like exterior of both the case and the book. The heavier paper stock used in the book. The custom pages with the slits to hold the handouts (with the handouts tucked inside). The cast metal (in aluminum or white brass? a guess since it is a non-ferrous metal) border wrapping the case on the front and back and screwed into place. The laser cut (or die-cut) working metal clasp. And lastly, I would guess that these were hand assembled. Each of those points of construction, coupled with the limited production run, raises the price point significantly from a simple mass produced book (like any of Paizo's hardbacks). Based on the way it looks and feels in hand, I'm surprised that it ONLY cost $200.

And that $200 buys you a display quality, but functional, art piece. You want to put it up on a bookshelf or on a lectern with a spotlight on it. You want to put it in a glass display case between your replica Sting and DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol. You want to reveal it at the table for the first session of RotRL and smile wickedly when you drop that metal clasp with a resounding clunk. You want to look more badass cosplaying as Karzoug. I cannot say the same (or similar things) about my CE Batman:Arkham Asylum.


WampaX wrote:
judas 147 wrote:

And that $200 buys you a display quality, but functional, art piece. You want to put it up on a bookshelf or on a lectern with a spotlight on it. You want to put it in a glass display case between your replica Sting and DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol. You want to reveal it at the table for the first session of RotRL and smile wickedly when you drop that metal clasp with a resounding clunk. You want to look more badass cosplaying as Karzoug. I cannot say the same (or similar things) about my CE Batman:Arkham Asylum.

...

here are people saying that the product comes with errors, like handout #6, or that poor guy who pays 200 and recieve a book case broken, and the last 100 pages in blank ando glued each other... and i dont read paizos saying nothing about change that item...

The Exchange

Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Personally, I'm on the fence. Looks awesome but due to the awesomeness it's life likely relegated to a display piece, at least in my gaming abode. Inevitably actual usage = wear and tear.

Decisions, decsions....why can't I just have it all? ;)


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
judas 147 wrote:
here are people saying that the product comes with errors, like handout #6,

Indeed. I noted that it was different than the other handout pouches, wondering if I had an anomaly like my 3.0 PHB with the duplicated pages and missing chapter. It makes 1 handout a little more difficult to get to than others, but it is not impossible and doesn't really diminish the piece as a whole.

Quote:
or that poor guy who pays 200 and recieve a book case broken, and the last 100 pages in blank ando glued each other... and i dont read paizos saying nothing about change that item...

As mentioned above, that would be an issue iZombie needs to bring to Customer Service to resolve. Either by email or by creating a thread on the Customer Service section of the message board.

Production errors occur, even on products where the majority of steps are automated (see my PHB example above). For a product with this many hands-on steps in its construction, it would be folly to think that every single one of them would be perfect. And the congenial manner in which Paizo's Customer Service conducts itself, all they need is a note or message in the appropriate location to start the processes of making it right.


In reference to Paizo's Customer Service, I have had a few issues I needed to contact them about. Such as not receiving what I was subscribed to, receiving something I had not ordered, pages coming loose from the bindings, and a few others. I never had to pay for the item a second time. They very nicely sent what would correct the problem and without charging shipping either.

I would rate their Customer Service people as top notch. I would also rate their products as top notch. The bottom line in my opinion is if you don't like the product, don't buy it. But don't bad mouth it here on their forum expecting them to cater to your desires alone. They are in the business to make money and make the Role-Playing experience as much fun as possible.

Understand this is my opinion and I am not in anyway associated with Paizo.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Brelsh wrote:

Personally, I'm on the fence. Looks awesome but due to the awesomeness it's life likely relegated to a display piece, at least in my gaming abode. Inevitably actual usage = wear and tear.

Decisions, decsions....why can't I just have it all? ;)

Buy two, one for gaming one for display ;-)


i actualy buy the rule of fear, and i try so hard to get my money back... (that was at amazon, and im from another country) so the process was so expensive to me.

i was looking for a W. F. Shnider response, but i cant get him (my goal is an errata for that book in pdf with the missing files)

now that u mention the correct place to put an issue, can you tel me where is it?

maybe a link or something

it will be nice, if jason or someone of the paizo´s answer at this point all those question

(and if theyre reading i want to say thanks for this awesome game, and im still waiting my errata for rule of fear, since you say that the kavapesta issue was removed for space, so, i guess kavapesta was created at all, with that mapping, and cultural, an haunts and all of that like Karkau does for example) so i think it cost you nothing upload that missing file

Sovereign Court

judas 147 wrote:

i actualy buy the rule of fear, and i try so hard to get my money back... (that was at amazon, and im from another country) so the process was so expensive to me.

i was looking for a W. F. Shnider response, but i cant get him (my goal is an errata for that book in pdf with the missing files)

now that u mention the correct place to put an issue, can you tel me where is it?

maybe a link or something

it will be nice, if jason or someone of the paizo´s answer at this point all those question

(and if theyre reading i want to say thanks for this awesome game, and im still waiting my errata for rule of fear, since you say that the kavapesta issue was removed for space, so, i guess kavapesta was created at all, with that mapping, and cultural, an haunts and all of that like Karkau does for example) so i think it cost you nothing upload that missing file

Kavapesta is probably the biggest editing mistake in Paizo's history.

All of the missing text is freely available on-line here.

That link is to F. Wesley Schneider's response to the problem.

I think you are mistaken if you believe that Kavapesta should have an entry in Chapter 4: Cities and Settlements. There is nothing to indicate that an article similar to that for Caliphas, Karcau or Lepidstadt was ever intended.

The Kavapesta mistake is that the entry in Chapter 3: Counties has been copied from page 10. It should have been the text F. Wesley Schneider posted in the product thread.

If you have a specific error with a Paizo product (like missing pages, blank pages, pages glued shut... common printing problems) then use the Customer Services Forum to ask for help. My experience is that the CS at Paizo is very helpful and prompt.

401 to 450 of 501 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Adventure Path: Rise of the Runelords Deluxe Collector's Edition (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.