Pathfinder Player Companion: People of the North (PFRPG)

4.10/5 (based on 9 ratings)
Pathfinder Player Companion: People of the North (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Print Edition $10.99

Add PDF $7.99

Non-Mint Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Far beyond the reach of the soft southlander lords lie the frozen forests and icy tundra of the Inner Sea region’s northernmost nations. Here dragon-headed longships ply the arctic seas, nomadic tribes hunt and ride mighty mammoths, and the descendents of the Witch Queen Baba Yaga rule a nation where spring has been forgotten. Whether they’re hardened natives or arctic adventurers, everyone in the northern lands walks a fine line between finding wealth and glory and filling a shallow grave in the bloody snow.

People of the North presents a player-focused, in-depth discussion of the northern nations of the Inner Sea region. Each Pathfinder Player Companion includes new options and tools for every Pathfinder RPG player. Inside this book, you’ll find:

  • Thorough explorations of the different races and cultures that call the frozen north home, from notorious Ulfen raiders to secretive Snowcaster elves to barbaric Kellids.
  • Overviews of the three major nations of the North—the viking Lands of the Linnorm Kings, the savage Realms of the Mammoth Lords, and the evil queenship of Irrisen.
  • New traits and roles to customize characters of every northern ethnicity and nationality.
  • New feats and archetypes for northern warriors, such as the viking and the witchbreaker, plus new icy spells and the winter oracle mystery.
  • Cold-weather adventuring gear and magic items, advice on northern fighting styles, campaign traits, cultural sayings, and much more!

By Matthew Goodall, Shaun Hocking, Rob McCreary, Philip Minchin, and William Thrasher

This Pathfinder Player Companion is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, but can easily be incorporated into any fantasy world.

Each monthly 32-page Pathfinder Player Companion contains several player-focused articles exploring the volume’s theme as well as short articles with innovative new rules for all types of characters, as well as traits to better anchor the player to the campaign.

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-475-7

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Player Companion Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Unavailable

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9428


See Also:

1 to 5 of 10 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.10/5 (based on 9 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Great player primer for Irrisen campaigns

4/5

As a note, I don't care about roles, archetypes, extra spells, etc. There's plenty of that available in the Core, Advanced, and Ultimate books without my chasing down supplements.

What I care about is understanding the story and setting of Golarion for my PFS campaigns. People of the North does that sufficiently, with a little extra combat material for those people who prefer new weapons instead of story lines. There's a decent quantity of details about the Ulfen, Jadwiga, Irrisen, and the general Frozen North setting - the great thing is that I can just let me players browse the book while we are playing to get a kenning for the North.

I'd actually go the opposite direction than some reviewers, and say more details (daily life, customs, epithets, religion, all that good Guidebook jazz), not more magical harpoons.


The worst player companion I own

2/5

I'm normally not in a habit of rating products. I'm happy with most of the stuff I get from Paizo (except the math on statblocks sometimes), but I was very dissatisfied with this product.

Pathfinder Player Companion: People of the North should have been titled Pathfinder Player Companion: Mostly We Just Stuffed This Full of Roles.

For those who don't know what Roles are, they're basically like pseudo-code for PC construction, offering ideas for building a character concept from existing races, classes, feats, traits, spells, whatever-else from existing products. They present a concept and abilities that concept might have, using already published material. But they're not new material, they're lists of combinations of old material, things better left for website blogs or forum posters rather than published in print product.

People of the North is FULL of roles. It's a 32 page book. Of those 32 pages, six pages are primarily populated by roles, and two more account for as much role text combined as one of those six. Now they do have other things on them, because each role, on average (at an estimate), takes up a little less than 3/5 of a column of text on a page, but they're filler. They're just character build suggestions.

All that having been said, I still gave it 2 stars because it does contain some new content that I actually liked, particularly the actual write-ups on the northern peoples and their cultures. I would have liked more NEW content between its covers. There is some new stuff, including a fighter archetype called the viking that gains barbarian rage at a higher level and can trade some fighter feats for rage powers. What content is new I like. I just feel there should be more new and less re-hash. The artwork is very nice, and is representative of the flavor of the regions presented, I think.

I purchased 4 sequentially published player companions very recently: People of the North, Animal Archive, Dungeoneer's Handbook, and Champions of Purity. People of the North being the oldest of the titles I purchased. I'm happy to say that the following three books lacked completely in Roles, so hopefully they're a dying trend.


Huge disappointment.


Paizo Publishing has unfortunately given us another "Blood of the Night" with this manual. A good way to describe this book is a small amount of "fluff" and not even CLOSE TO ENOUGH "Crunch". The amount of info contained in this manual makes is barely worth the price you'll have to pay for purchasing it (if it's worth it at all). I really REALLY hate to say it but Wizards of the Coast did a MUCH BETTER job with Frostburn and this manual doesn't even BEGIN to measure up to that. The amount of "icy spells" a spellcaster can use can be counted on one hand as can each of the other categories the crunch falls into (aka weapons, armor, gear, etc etc). The fluff makes this BARELY WORTH WHILE yet we don't even get enough of that. All in all, if your obsessed with Paizo's products, go ahead and purchase this. Otherwise, just borrow a friend's copy. I'm so let down and disappointed by the utter and complete LACK OF EFFORT on part of the developers of this particular manual that I'm not even gonna give it a star rating (partially because I think it doesn't even measure up to 1-star).


Ice Cream Soldiers

4/5

A very well put together book for the Pathfinder line. The book contains a lot of information for how to play in the ice box regions of Golarion as well as a nice blurb preparing folks for the Reign of Winter AP. A little too humanocentric for my tastes but I get these things as a toolbox rather than something to run RAW.

The book is more or less divided into two sections the first being race options and the second being character options. The part about races up north is not worth mentioning as far as I'm concerned as it retread more or less the same ground that Pathfinder and D&D in general has gone over again and again. Frankly I'm tired of the standard races and as GM I try to avoid such things so that was a wash for me.

The equipment section and the overview of different areas of the region complete with regional traits was much more useful to me at least and I found it quite fun and somewhat informative. I do like the new Oracle mystery as well as it gives me something to focus some NPCs and an option to present to PCs for this sort of campaign. The two archetypes are alright although I can see ways of tailoring that ranger archetype for special named NPCs that I might want to create as well expand a few things on it when I use the setting as fiction inspiration.

The few pages we got to prepare us for Reign of Winter was very much appreciated by me at least as I have every intention of adapting and running that AP. This alone make the book a reason to have my players pick it up as a partial primer for the AP and while I know I will not run RoW RAW it will prepare them for what I am planning. Overall this is quite a nice book to pick up and I do recommend it to anyone interested in this sort of campaign.


One of the best

5/5

Read my full review on my blog.

When Varisia, Birthplace of Legends came out, it set a new bar for quality in the Player Companion line. While the Player Companions that have come out since have been good, they haven’t quite reached that bar again—until now. People of the North once again shows just how good and useful the Companions can be. This book provides everything a player needs to design a character for a campaign set in the far north of the continent of Avistan, particularly in the Lands of the Linnorm Kings, Irrisen, or the Realm of the Mammoth Lords. The book also provides some details for characters from the Crown of the World, including the Erutaki and the Snowcaster Elves.


1 to 5 of 10 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
101 to 150 of 179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Contributor

Gorbacz wrote:
Feet/inches I can barely live with, but any feat that forces me to break out the Internet in order to find out just what kind of counter-intuitive, arbitrary measurement do the Yankees and Britons use should die. In fire. At least 2000 degrees. CELSIUS.

I'm now having an urge to use ells in something. They're the standard unit of measurement for describing the length of troll's noses in Scandinavian fairytales.

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

F -> C: subtract 32, multiply by 5, divide by 9.
C -> F: multiply by 9, divide by 5, add 32.

It's just one of those dumb conversions it's easier to write down or commit to memory, for those few times you have to have it.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Go ahead, that at least makes everybody start from square one :)


0 degrees farenheit for that feat plus I forggot one feat

Witchbreaker
+2 save vs spells, spell like abilities, hexes, and supernatural abilities of witches and hags plus when you crit such an enemy any allies under the effects of mind-affecting effect from that creature get a new save as an immediate action.

Tribal Scars feat benefits for each clan
Bearbelt- +1 fortitude save and +2 intimidate checks.
Greattusk- +2 cmb with bullrush and overrun and +2 ride checks.
Ice Chasm- +1 reflex saves +2 climb checks.
Night Hunt- +2 perception and survival checks.
Raptorscale- +5 land speed and +2 acrobatic checks.
Slothjaw- +1 will saves and +2 handle animal checks.

Magic items
Buoyant Harpoon
Cloak of the Saga Keeper
Helm of the Mammoth Lord
Hex Nail
Mammoth Lance
Pelt of Primal Power
Saga of the Linnorm Kings
Shard of Winter


So, how does this compare to Kobold Press's Northlands book as a book for the cold and frozen lands of the north. I realize that this book is a player companion, and won't have quite the same detail, but the price is comparable and the Northlands book has plenty of player crunch in it as well. Basically, if one had to choose between these two books, which would you recommend purchasing?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

0 degrees F? That's... really low. I mean 0C is cold (and a handy baseline for freezing), but you could reasonably expect temperatures that low in many countries during the cold season. I imagine the only Inner Sea nations that get below 0 farenheit are Lands of the Linnorm Kings, Irrisen, Issia, and maybe Realms of the Mammoth Lords.

Oh well. Real men measure in Rankine anyway.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

And again!

Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely Spam! Lovely Spam!

Spam! Spam! Spam!
Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!
Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam.
Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
Spam spam spam spam!


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Kevin Andrew Murphy wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
Feet/inches I can barely live with, but any feat that forces me to break out the Internet in order to find out just what kind of counter-intuitive, arbitrary measurement do the Yankees and Britons use should die. In fire. At least 2000 degrees. CELSIUS.
I'm now having an urge to use ells in something. They're the standard unit of measurement for describing the length of troll's noses in Scandinavian fairytales.

Clearly showing that our trolls were bigger than the one in the game. ;)

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Mechalibur wrote:

0 degrees F? That's... really low. I mean 0C is cold (and a handy baseline for freezing), but you could reasonably expect temperatures that low in many countries during the cold season. I imagine the only Inner Sea nations that get below 0 farenheit are Lands of the Linnorm Kings, Irrisen, Issia, and maybe Realms of the Mammoth Lords.

Oh well. Real men measure in Rankine anyway.

Guess what the three main areas covered in this book are: Irrisen, Lands of the Linnorm Kings, and the Realms of the Mammoth Lords!

0 deg. C is only cold for those of you who grew up in a warm climate. Now for those of us US Midwesterners who grew up used to bare-handed snowball fights, 0 deg C is nothing. 0 deg. F, though, yeah, even that we'd call cold.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I'm sitting in -10 C right now and I'm telling you, Winter Is Coming But Not Here Yet.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

0 degrees Celsius is "I-may-be-able-to-wear-shorts-to-during-my-morning-run-if-it's-not-too-wind y" .

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Caedwyr wrote:
So, how does this compare to Kobold Press's Northlands book as a book for the cold and frozen lands of the north. I realize that this book is a player companion, and won't have quite the same detail, but the price is comparable and the Northlands book has plenty of player crunch in it as well. Basically, if one had to choose between these two books, which would you recommend purchasing?

This is a Player companion, whereas Northlands is a whole campaign expansion. In terms of pure PC material, they're about the same amount of pages, even though Northlands is 114 pages as a PDF, a lot of which is bestiary entries converting (perhaps slavishly converting) monsters from myth, and a large campaign expansion to the Midgard world, which, if you're running a Golarion campaign, is of debatable use at best.

In terms of attitude, do you want to be beaten over the head with Viking influences or not? To me, at least, Northlands seems a bit desperate to cram in more Viking stuff than the biggest longboat could ever carry, whereas People of the North actually acknowledges other cultures do exist, like the Erutaki, the Inuit analogues introduced in Jade Regent's trip across the North Pole of Golarion.

Finally, as I said, Northlands is 114 pages, but only like 8 of those are in color, if that's something you care about, while this book is full color, with some beautiful panoramas of northern cities of Golarion.

They're really two different products with two different target audiences, even if they cover some of the same material.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Kvantum wrote:
Mechalibur wrote:

0 degrees F? That's... really low. I mean 0C is cold (and a handy baseline for freezing), but you could reasonably expect temperatures that low in many countries during the cold season. I imagine the only Inner Sea nations that get below 0 farenheit are Lands of the Linnorm Kings, Irrisen, Issia, and maybe Realms of the Mammoth Lords.

Oh well. Real men measure in Rankine anyway.

Guess what the three main areas covered in this book are: Irrisen, Lands of the Linnorm Kings, and the Realms of the Mammoth Lords!

0 deg. C is only cold for those of you who grew up in a warm climate. Now for those of us US Midwesterners who grew up used to bare-handed snowball fights, 0 deg C is nothing. 0 deg. F, though, yeah, even that we'd call cold.

I grew up in Canada, and I frequently go out with just a T shirt at 0C, so yes, I know what that feels like. I think below 0F temperature for the PCs has only happened once in the 10 years I've been gaming.

I'm not saying 0C is really, really cold. I'm saying it would be a reasonable threshold for a temperature-dependent feat.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Oh you are all so tough with your 'I go skinny dipping in semi-freezing water before running barefoot over shards of frozen ice while soaking wet in 60kt winds at 0 degree Kelvin'

Me I'll enjoy swimming in my 29 degree naturally solar heated pool :p

But this is a different product from Northlands, Kvantum has it right. Both are good (not finished this one fully yet) IMO. TBH if I had to get one I'd go for Northlands just cos it has so much more content. But you won't be disappointed with this one.


Dragon78 wrote:

0 degrees farenheit for that feat plus I forggot one feat

Witchbreaker
+2 save vs spells, spell like abilities, hexes, and supernatural abilities of witches and hags plus when you crit such an enemy any allies under the effects of mind-affecting effect from that creature get a new save as an immediate action.

Tribal Scars feat benefits for each clan
Bearbelt- +1 fortitude save and +2 intimidate checks.
Greattusk- +2 cmb with bullrush and overrun and +2 ride checks.
Ice Chasm- +1 reflex saves +2 climb checks.
Night Hunt- +2 perception and survival checks.
Raptorscale- +5 land speed and +2 acrobatic checks.
Slothjaw- +1 will saves and +2 handle animal checks.

Magic items
Buoyant Harpoon
Cloak of the Saga Keeper
Helm of the Mammoth Lord
Hex Nail
Mammoth Lance
Pelt of Primal Power
Saga of the Linnorm Kings
Shard of Winter

Thanks for the tidbits!


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Does anyone else notice this months products coming out around the time of a cold wave across the northern US. And since the 5th part of the winter AP happens in WW1 earth perhaps the winter witches of Irrisen have decided to send an eternal winter on modern day earth.

Dark Archive

zergtitan wrote:
Does anyone else notice this months products coming out around the time of a cold wave across the northern US. And since the 5th part of the winter AP happens in WW1 earth perhaps the winter witches of Irrisen have decided to send an eternal winter on modern day earth.

Perhaps it is there way of saying while they may be gone they have not forgotten the little blue planet.


I moved to NW Montana from Central Florida, and I don't even think 0C is cold. Well here. 0C in Florida is far colder. Here I wear a tshirt, and sweat, in 0C. In Florida I wear tons of shirts at 0C.


zergtitan wrote:
Does anyone else notice this months products coming out around the time of a cold wave across the northern US. And since the 5th part of the winter AP happens in WW1 earth perhaps the winter witches of Irrisen have decided to send an eternal winter on modern day earth.

Not across the Northern US. Here we are a balmy 40 degrees F. ;) it is the other side of the continental divide and east that is cold. The snow in my yard has been melting like crazy.

Liberty's Edge

In Wisconsin it is slightly less cold than yesterday and the day before. But that just means it has moved from <multiple explitives deleted> cold to damn cold. :P

And I grew up in Minnesota so I should be used to this.

I still hate it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What is scoop on the snowcaster elves?


Shalafi2412 wrote:
What is scoop on the snowcaster elves?

Ditto.....


The Snowcaster elves are very reclusive, mistrusting of outsiders, and value there homes, family, and faith abouve all else. If they have have to interact with outsiders they use a diplomat called a "Twilight"(cleric or rouge). They also like to hide there true names by combining there full names into one word, multi-syllabic names so as to make it hard to identify what family they are from.

Traits
obscure traditions- enemies take a -2 to knowledge checks, sense motive checks, and survival checks to track you.
Snowblooded- +4 fort saves vs non-leathal damage from cold and +1 save vs cold based spells


Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Well done Player Companion!! Much more like the Varisia one, and possibly even better. The focus is where it should be, on the players, and the characters they would create from these regions. THIS is the direction that Companions should not stray.

Good job.


Dragon78 wrote:

The Snowcaster elves are very reclusive, mistrusting of outsiders, and value there homes, family, and faith abouve all else. If they have have to interact with outsiders they use a diplomat called a "Twilight"(cleric or rouge). They also like to hide there true names by combining there full names into one word, multi-syllabic names so as to make it hard to identify what family they are from.

Traits
obscure traditions- enemies take a -2 to knowledge checks, sense motive checks, and survival checks to track you.
Snowblooded- +4 fort saves vs non-leathal damage from cold and +1 save vs cold based spells

Grazie!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Elorebaen wrote:

Well done Player Companion!! Much more like the Varisia one, and possibly even better. The focus is where it should be, on the players, and the characters they would create from these regions. THIS is the direction that Companions should not stray.

Good job.

Now I'm excited for this! Sounds to me exactly what a Player Companion should be.


Dragon78 wrote:

The Snowcaster elves are very reclusive, mistrusting of outsiders, and value there homes, family, and faith abouve all else. If they have have to interact with outsiders they use a diplomat called a "Twilight"(cleric or rouge). They also like to hide there true names by combining there full names into one word, multi-syllabic names so as to make it hard to identify what family they are from.

Traits
obscure traditions- enemies take a -2 to knowledge checks, sense motive checks, and survival checks to track you.
Snowblooded- +4 fort saves vs non-leathal damage from cold and +1 save vs cold based spells


Mechalibur wrote:
Elorebaen wrote:

Well done Player Companion!! Much more like the Varisia one, and possibly even better. The focus is where it should be, on the players, and the characters they would create from these regions. THIS is the direction that Companions should not stray.

Good job.

Now I'm excited for this! Sounds to me exactly what a Player Companion should be.

I got the PDF with my subscription and I can indeed confirm that this is a really great Player Companion, if not the best so far.

Full of flavor, characters centric, great options, nice layout.

Nothing to say besides: Great Job!


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Does anyone have details on the oracle of winter abilities? What's their final mystery like?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Final Revelation: Upon reaching 20th level, you become an avatar of winter & the North. Your body permanently transforms into living ice, as the Ice Body* spell. In addition, your mastery of winter magic is such that any of your attacks that deal cold damage bypass cold immunity or cold resistance.

*Ultimate Magic

Silver Crusade

Reading.

Arctic Action Kyra is awesome and I hope it sets a new trend for iconics adapting their fashion for their environment/location. Love that design. :)


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Irnk, Dead-Eye's Prodigal wrote:

Final Revelation: Upon reaching 20th level, you become an avatar of winter & the North. Your body permanently transforms into living ice, as the Ice Body* spell. In addition, your mastery of winter magic is such that any of your attacks that deal cold damage bypass cold immunity or cold resistance.

*Ultimate Magic

Thanks, Irnk.


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Irnk, Dead-Eye's Prodigal wrote:

Final Revelation: Upon reaching 20th level, you become an avatar of winter & the North. Your body permanently transforms into living ice, as the Ice Body* spell. In addition, your mastery of winter magic is such that any of your attacks that deal cold damage bypass cold immunity or cold resistance.

*Ultimate Magic

Do you actually gain the abilities of the Ice Body spell as well?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
zergtitan wrote:
Irnk, Dead-Eye's Prodigal wrote:

Final Revelation: Upon reaching 20th level, you become an avatar of winter & the North. Your body permanently transforms into living ice, as the Ice Body* spell. In addition, your mastery of winter magic is such that any of your attacks that deal cold damage bypass cold immunity or cold resistance.

*Ultimate Magic

Do you actually gain the abilities of the Ice Body spell as well?

When an ability says you gain the effects of something, as spell X, then you get all that spell's abilities unless stated otherwise.

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

That spell grants a lot of immunities, but it also makes you unable to drink any potions or play wind instruments like horns. (I would assume that would also prevent use of alchemical infusions, correct?)


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Now I want to make an oracle of winter and call him Jack. But I'm also trying to think of what curse works well with this mystery, blackend curse obviously not. Wrecker could work but instead of abyssal energy destroying items, its because your touch brings objects to around absolute zero making them so brittle that they break up in your hands.


That is one very cool looking Ice Golem!!! Very good artwork + cover!


What does the helm of the mammoth lord do?

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

It's actually already in the PRD from Ultimate Equipment. (Just scroll down.)


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Shalafi2412 wrote:
What does the helm of the mammoth lord do?

If you have the ultimate equipment rpg core book, you can find it on page 244. if you don't.....

Spoiler:
It gives you a gore attack for 1d6 med. that count as magic weapons, protects you from the cold as endure elements spell, +5 on handle animal, ride, and wild empathy skill with elephant-like creatures, and allows you to detect elephant-like creatures and communicate with them.
A must need item for any mammoth lord or rider.


Thanks so much for the info!


Is that another Jesper Esjing cover?

Webstore Gninja Minion

It is!


I'm still in love with his cover of Winter Witch. Glad so see him back on a Paizo cover. He sure does winter well. Thanks, Liz!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Gorbacz wrote:
Feet/inches I can barely live with, but any feat that forces me to break out the Internet in order to find out just what kind of counter-intuitive, arbitrary measurement do the Yankees and Britons use should die. In fire. At least 2000 degrees. CELSIUS.

Not that I'm religious - but in reply I can only say a heartfelt: "Amen to that, brother!"

It's even worse with those feats/spells/environmental effects which mention things like "when the temperature drops/rises by ten degrees from X degrees Fahrenheit". Environmental rules from previous editions: I'm looking at you!

Shadow Lodge

I'm somewhat disapointed by the art. Been waiting 5 months to get reference pictures for Kellid clothing, and theres... maybe 2 Kellids in the book? Assuming the Winter Oracle is Kellid. And Amiri, but we already had her.

The writing and mechanics, cool. No problems there. Would have been nice if the Winter Oracle had something to mimic the sorcerer boreal/cold bloodline and turn all his energy spells to Cold, but oh well.

Child of Winter is an awesome revelation. But how do you know if it's a winter month in a PFS game?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Kellid clothing? CLOTHING THAT HIDES SCARS? Clothing is for puny southern wimps.


Gorbacz wrote:
Kellid clothing? CLOTHING THAT HIDES SCARS? Clothing is for puny southern wimps.

Bah! Real men wear only the blood of their enemies!

Grand Lodge

I tried that. But then I end up shooting my over-lecherous teammates. Then having to carry their body back to the nearest pathfinder lodge. And then the PAPERWORK! When I should be out killing things!

Liberty's Edge

So is the Reign of Winter Player's Guide on page 30 going to THE player's guide for Reign of Winter? Or is it just a bit something more?

101 to 150 of 179 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Player Companion: People of the North (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.