Wayfinder #6 (PFRPG)

5.00/5 (based on 2 ratings)
Wayfinder #6 (PFRPG)

Add PDF FREE

Print Edition Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Created for fans by fans, this issue of the Wayfinder fanzine delves into the Lands of the Linnorm Kings and includes dozens of articles designed to expand the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the world of Golarion. Inside you will find original fiction, new monsters, board games, treasure, poetry—this is just a small portion of what awaits you!

Contributing Authors: Clinton J. “thatboomerkid” Boomer, Craig Cartin, Kalyna “LiteSprite” Conrad, Ryan Costello, Jr., Rich “Rebis Ouroboros” Crotty, Christopher Delvo, Danielle “D Noir” Doss, Keith “Sir Hexen Ineptus” Doughty, Russell “Soricel Minoi Mousefeet” Estes, Robert “Snorter” Feather, Dawn Fischer, Guy “ulgulanoth” Fox, Robert “Malikjoker” Gresham, Karl J. “Kajehase” Haglund, Nick “Demiurge 1138” Herold, Eric “Boxhead” Hindley, Jeff “Shadowborn” Lee, Rob Little, Nicholas “Lavachild” Milasich, Kevin Andrew Murphy, A. Morgaine “Lostandlovingit” Newis - Edwards, Dain “zylphryx” Nielsen, Tom “Tom Qadim” Phillips, Dane Pitchford, Alex “Daviot” Putnam, Greg Reese, John C. “ValmarTheMad” Rock, David Schwartz, Liz “HerosBackpack” Smith, Margherita “Bardess” Tramontano, Larry “Larcifer” Wilhelm.

Contributing Artists: Russell Akred, Tyler Clark, Liz Courts, Jess Door, Katie Ellis, Tanya-Sang Feddicini, Aaron Filipowich, Crystal Frasier, Silvia Gonzalez, Frank Hessefort, Chris Leaper, Elizabeth Lindhag, Dave Mallon, Stephen McAndrews, Carlos Torreblanca, Jonathan Roberts, Isaac Royo, Hugo Solis, Ashton Sperry, Matthew Stinson, Todd Westcot.

Cover art by Hugo Solis.

Wayfinder is an 87-page full-color PDF suitable for printing or viewing on your computer. It is released under the Paizo Publishing, LLC Community Use Policy.

This fanzine uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This fanzine is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.

Product Availability

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Print Edition:

Unavailable

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZOPDFWAY006


See Also:

Average product rating:

5.00/5 (based on 2 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

1 to 50 of 105 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

Wayfinder #6 is now available for download!

Go get your copy, read up, and let us know what you think! Feedback and reviews are VERY, VERY important to everyone who contributed to the issue, so please do so!

Thanks!

Tim Nightengale
Wayfinder Editor-in-Chief

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Whoa! Wasn't expecting this one so soon. Hasn't Wayfinder been more of a February release lately?

Contributor

Tim aimed to change that, and cracked the whip quite a few times to make sure it was released before the end of the year.

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

It lives!

Happy New Year!


Downloading as I type this. :)


Timitius is this your first issue taking over for liz or did you also put out issue 5? Either way I look forward to reading this.

Sovereign Court

Liz Courts wrote:
Tim aimed to change that, and cracked the whip quite a few times to make sure it was released before the end of the year.

Is that what that popping sound was? ;)

Scarab Sages

Typing and Downloading! I can't wait to read it!!
Didn't know there was a new fella in charge (congrats Tim) ... And I presume Liz is moving on to Paizo formally, now. (Congrats there, too.)

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

mathpro18 wrote:
Timitius is this your first issue taking over for liz or did you also put out issue 5? Either way I look forward to reading this.

This is my second issue...hope everyone likes it!

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

zylphryx wrote:
Liz Courts wrote:
Tim aimed to change that, and cracked the whip quite a few times to make sure it was released before the end of the year.

Is that what that popping sound was? ;)

Nope, that was the vein at my temple bursting! O_o

Contributor

mathpro18 wrote:
Timitius is this your first issue taking over for liz or did you also put out issue 5? Either way I look forward to reading this.

Tim's been in charge since Wayfinder #5—this is his second issue, and he took the reins over from me.

W. Kristoph Nolen wrote:

Typing and Downloading! I can't wait to read it!!

Didn't know there was a new fella in charge (congrats Tim) ... And I presume Liz is moving on to Paizo formally, now. (Congrats there, too.)

I've been here over a year now!


YAY!!!


Lookit all those cool new monsters! I'm inspired to do a Land of the Linnorm Kings adventure now...or at least drop some of these nasty things into my Wounded Earth pbp here on the boards.

Tim, which artist did the the pic for the landvaettir? Freaking awesome. Hat's off to the artist.

Contributor

Shadowborn wrote:

Lookit all those cool new monsters! I'm inspired to do a Land of the Linnorm Kings adventure now...or at least drop some of these nasty things into my Wounded Earth pbp here on the boards.

Tim, which artist did the the pic for the landvaettir? Freaking awesome. Hat's off to the artist.

That would be Crystal Frasier. :)

Dark Archive Contributor

Awesome! Download in progress....

Dark Archive

Sweet will DL it in a second. So when does number 7 come out? :)

Contributor

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Sweet will DL it in a second. So when does number 7 come out? :)

PaizoCon!


Just downloaded it. I am very excited because since the Land of the Linnorm Kings came out I am looking forward to reading this one.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

It looks great! Still have to read it in detail, but first impression is good.

Also, I wanted to give a particular shout-out to Frank Hessefort for drawing Bram and Liut, they look amazing! (You can draw characters for me anytime!) (=

Liberty's Edge

Great Hunt looks like an inspired departure from what I've come to expect. I'll have to print out a copy and give it a go.

This issue might be my favourite layout yet. Congrats, Tim.


Wow! Really nice job on the layout and great work from Tim in wrangling writers and artists. The art is fantastic! Kudos to the whole team!

Oh, and that is Dawn "Dark Sasha" Fischer.

P.S. No, I didn't edit Frog God Game's ads. :)


LightSprite wrote:

It looks great! Still have to read it in detail, but first impression is good.

Also, I wanted to give a particular shout-out to Frank Hessefort for drawing Bram and Liut, they look amazing! (You can draw characters for me anytime!) (=

I'm enormously pleased with Bram & Liut, both the young & older versions. ^_^

Ryan. Costello wrote:
Great Hunt looks like an inspired departure from what I've come to expect. I'll have to print out a copy and give it a go.

Yeah, I want to make a nice wooden board game set of it. :D

Sovereign Court

Lilith wrote:


Ryan. Costello wrote:
Great Hunt looks like an inspired departure from what I've come to expect. I'll have to print out a copy and give it a go.
Yeah, I want to make a nice wooden board game set of it. :D

Let me know what you think of it. And if anyone does make a serious board <nudges Lilith> please, please, please send me pics of the set! I am toying with the notion myself, but I am not sure when I will have time to break out the woodworking tools.


Liz Courts wrote:
Shadowborn wrote:

Lookit all those cool new monsters! I'm inspired to do a Land of the Linnorm Kings adventure now...or at least drop some of these nasty things into my Wounded Earth pbp here on the boards.

Tim, which artist did the the pic for the landvaettir? Freaking awesome. Hat's off to the artist.

That would be Crystal Frasier. :)

Thanks. :)

You rock, Crystal!

Scarab Sages

I would like to take the time to thank Erik Mona for his editorial in the front of the magazine.
Now there's a little bit of memory lane. The days of the Oerth Journal back when the Greyhawk AOL boards and the "Council of Greyhawk" were active! I remember back in the day - long about '96 or so - heck, I even still have some of the stuff in TXT from way back then! It's odd to think now that some of the early groundwork for the Lands of the Linnorm Kings came so early ... especially since Erik's "Beyond the Flanaess: The Bounds of the Earth" was just republished from those '96 AOL Boards in the most recent edition of the Oerth Journal (Oct '11).
Nevertheless ... It is especially endearing to hear Erik waxing philosophical about his days with the World of Greyhawk (WoG). And as a fella that has long since been a lover of GH, it's nice to see the work on the world of Golarion (which is also lovingly referred to as "WoG 2.0").
More than anything, I am glad that such material is still coming out, and is being treated so well by fans and authors alike. I am thrilled with this issue - and it makes me want to root for the Minnesota Vikings just on principle.

Silver Crusade

Timitius wrote:

Wayfinder #6 is now available for download!

Go get your copy, read up, and let us know what you think! Feedback and reviews are VERY, VERY important to everyone who contributed to the issue, so please do so!

Thanks!

Tim Nightengale
Wayfinder Editor-in-Chief

Thanks, Tim. Downloading now. Thanks for the hard work.

How did you come upon the EIC position? I love stories like that. Please share yours?


Timitius wrote:

Wayfinder #6 is now available for download!

Go get your copy, read up, and let us know what you think! Feedback and reviews are VERY, VERY important to everyone who contributed to the issue, so please do so!

Thanks!

Tim Nightengale
Wayfinder Editor-in-Chief

My only complaint is you guys mispelled my name in the front and on the webpage ;)

Otherwise, woot! My article got in! Now to write the solitaire followup.


Downloading now, hope to be able to review within the next few days, WOOHOO a new Wayfinder!!!!!

Contributor

Just downloaded and looking through all of it. Particularly loving the illo for the Grimolochin. I'm thinking that's Crystal's artwork.

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

10 people marked this as a favorite.

I've said it before for previous issues, but I'm gonna say it again.

Most of the folks contributing art, design, and words to this publication are doing it out of their love of the game and the love of the setting. The only reward they get is knowing that they've supported the community and the feedback they get for doing so. Please find time to enjoy this publication and provide feedback either on this thread or by reviewing the magazine (Feel free to go back and review older issues too). It would mean a lot to those who agonized over their work. I only did some editing for this issue, but I always delight in seeing the love put into Wayfinder.

Show some community love to some of the folks supporting the community.


Kevin Andrew Murphy wrote:
Just downloaded and looking through all of it. Particularly loving the illo for the Grimolochin. I'm thinking that's Crystal's artwork.

Yup, the Grimolochin was Crystal's art. :)

And Adam's post times a thousand.

Liberty's Edge

LightSprite wrote:

It looks great! Still have to read it in detail, but first impression is good.

Also, I wanted to give a particular shout-out to Frank Hessefort for drawing Bram and Liut, they look amazing! (You can draw characters for me anytime!) (=

Thank you, glad you like them.

Can't promise anything about those Characters though. My schedules are pretty tight outside vacations. ^^°

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

Ruloc wrote:
LightSprite wrote:

It looks great! Still have to read it in detail, but first impression is good.

Also, I wanted to give a particular shout-out to Frank Hessefort for drawing Bram and Liut, they look amazing! (You can draw characters for me anytime!) (=

Thank you, glad you like them.

Can't promise anything about those Characters though. My schedules are pretty tight outside vacations. ^^°

Those were some gorgeous illustrations.


Good work and nice layout, 2012 isn't going to be as bad as the aztecs thought.

Contributor

Ruloc wrote:
LightSprite wrote:

It looks great! Still have to read it in detail, but first impression is good.

Also, I wanted to give a particular shout-out to Frank Hessefort for drawing Bram and Liut, they look amazing! (You can draw characters for me anytime!) (=

Thank you, glad you like them.

Can't promise anything about those Characters though. My schedules are pretty tight outside vacations. ^^°

Those are particularly nice character illustrations.

I also like that we get to see the same characters at different ages.

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

Gregg Reece wrote:


My only complaint is you guys mispelled my name in the front and on the webpage ;)

How the-??

You know, I die a little each time we find an error.... :(

We'll note this, and make corrections, and upload an updated version next week (I hope).

(sigh)


Timitius wrote:
Gregg Reece wrote:


My only complaint is you guys mispelled my name in the front and on the webpage ;)

How the-??

You know, I die a little each time we find an error.... :(

We'll note this, and make corrections, and upload an updated version next week (I hope).

(sigh)

No publication ever makes it to release error-free. Just be glad this one is a pdf and can be changed after the fact. ;) You and your crew did a damn fine job, Tim.


I saw that you did a little editing on my article (hope that the other was left out just because it was not in-flavor and not... ugly). Was the Witch Hound's different judgment ability left out intentionally?

Hey, I can have a "contributor" next to my nick now, can't I?


Bardess wrote:

I saw that you did a little editing on my article (hope that the other was left out just because it was not in-flavor and not... ugly). Was the Witch Hound's different judgment ability left out intentionally?

Hey, I can have a "contributor" next to my nick now, can't I?

Contributor is only for the people who contribrute to Paizo books.


I suspected so^^ Ok, I'll wait! XD

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

Bardess wrote:

Was the Witch Hound's different judgment ability left out intentionally?

I just reviewed that, and the editor took it out in his editing. My guess is that we needed to get it down closer to 750 words, but also it was possible that those abilities were a bit too powerful and unbalancing. I'll see what the editor says about it.

Dark Archive

i love the art in this!

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns Subscriber

How often does the Wayfinder come out?


I understand it comes out twice a year.

(Nicely put together by the way)

Sovereign Court Wayfinder, PaizoCon Founder

the Haunted Jester wrote:
How often does the Wayfinder come out?

HerosBackpack is correct...twice a year. We do an issue for PaizoCon, which released in PDF AND a limited, PaizoCon-only printing (about 500 copies). Then, there is the Winter issue, which is PDF-only, usually released Dec., Jan., or Feb.

Scarab Sages

Winter_Born wrote:

Thanks, Tim. Downloading now. Thanks for the hard work.

How did you come upon the EIC position? I love stories like that. Please share yours?

Best of three falls or submissions, wasn't it?

Scarab Sages

I downloaded my copy earlier today, and have only just skimmed through.

It appears the flavour text on both my entries made it through intact; I haven't checked if there were any edits to the mechanics.
They've had some very good art; two pieces from Butterfrog, and one by Stephen McAndrew, who I'll have to look out for in future.

Scarab Sages

I'm glad to see zylphryx's variant Hnefatafl game made it to press.

From something that started as a bit of banter on the discussion thread, it looks to have become a very polished product. The printout of the board and counters is a very nice touch.

Still looking for your lutefisk recipes...

Scarab Sages

There's a good showing from the UK this time. Three of the contributors are from Halifax; me (The Cursed Hoard, Outiko), Craig Cartin (Frosted Template, Frosted Hunting Spider), and Chris Leaper (art on pages 63 and 83).

Chris can also be found in his alter-ego of Jesmond Cat.

I've congratulated both of them on the phone today, and we'll see each other later in the week.

Shadow Lodge

Tim, as ever, thanks for putting all this together and pulling it off before the New Year!

1 to 50 of 105 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Wayfinder #6 (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.