GameMastery Flip-Mat: Mountain Pass

3.40/5 (based on 5 ratings)
GameMastery Flip-Mat: Mountain Pass

Add PDF $8.99

Print Edition Out of print

Facebook Twitter Email

Flip Mat: Mountain Pass features broad mountain terrain with a path winding through its treacherous peaks. The map also features numerous ambush cliffs and the remains of a crumbling tower, all of which make for perfect adventure sites. The Flip side features a mountainous approach to the pass.

Flip Mat: Mountain Pass measures 24" x 30" unfolded and 8" x 10" folded.

GameMastery Flip-Mats are designed to make your game portable and affordable. They're made with durable, laminated card stock and can handle dry erase, wet erase, and even permanent marker!

Usable by experienced GMs and novices alike, this product fits perfectly into any Game Master's arsenal!

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Maps Subscription.

Product Availability

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Print Edition:

Out of print

This product is out of print.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZOSQW30018


See Also:

1 to 5 of 6 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

3.40/5 (based on 5 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

The best snow-map there is.

4/5

GOOD:
The almost blank side is very useful for every snow or ice encounter in Rise of the Runelords, Jade Regent, Reign of Winter, Giantslayer...
The side with the 2 towers is useful in a lot of situations.
The two bird-nests (one filled with 2 humanoid skulls) are a nice touch if you want to add flying monsters but are not bothersome.
If you have two of these, they combine for a longer valley - heck you can even combine 4!

BAD:
Out of print.

UGLY:
-

I got 2 from amazon for €10 each in mint condition recently.
Amazing if you consider that this is one of the first flip-mats Paizo released - back in 2008 under the Game-Mastery imprint.


Solid

4/5

It's a good approach map, it could use another map snow covered ruins or a castle.



Pretty specific on the one side. Assumes towers and snow in the mountains. Would have to build an encounter around the map.
Flip side is blank. Blank maps galore already, this one is in white. Who cares.


1 to 5 of 6 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Is this picture a joke for the product? Looks an awful lot like Bloodsworn Vale's map.

Liberty's Edge

It's definitely Bloodsworn Vale, though it's an early version that I sent them before I added more detail to the swamp; I would assume they substituted this art while waiting for the actual flip-mat art. It's probably the closest thing they had to a mountain pass at the time.

Bloodsworn Vale's region map was designed to be approximately 4.5" x 6.5". It would look really atrocious blown up to the size of a flip-mat. :)

I look forward to seeing the actual product; the flip-mats are outstanding! I've been using the original for a year or so, and recently picked up another one to have more variety--they hold up very well.


It's a mock-up. :-)

Scarab Sages

Looks cool. I like the towers.

Any word on when this is arriving?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Ungoded wrote:

Looks cool. I like the towers.

Any word on when this is arriving?

I'll have to check to see if Jeff has a firm date, but I know we've received the proof copy from the printer, so it should be just a little while.


I don't own any of these maps yet but I do have a suggestion. One side of the map should just contain a terrain scene with no specifics added. I want a plain forest, snow tundra, desert, mountain pass, etc... Some of these sound as though this is the case but others still contain specific details that limit its use and this is the one thing that will prevent me from buying the product. I can always add specifics to the maps myself like towers as someone else has already pointed out, but I can't remove them! One side with specifics and the other with blank terrain would be perfect!!!


Do the two sides connect? If you bought two of these and flipped one over could they be placed side by side without any apparent joins? It looks like it's designed to do this but the sample images shown don't seem to align.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

widdershins wrote:
Do the two sides connect? If you bought two of these and flipped one over could they be placed side by side without any apparent joins? It looks like it's designed to do this but the sample images shown don't seem to align.

They don't line up that way (would have been a good idea, though...)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vic Wertz wrote:
widdershins wrote:
Do the two sides connect? If you bought two of these and flipped one over could they be placed side by side without any apparent joins? It looks like it's designed to do this but the sample images shown don't seem to align.
They don't line up that way (would have been a good idea, though...)

Vic,

Please let the rest of the folks at Paizo know that I'd really be interested in a series of 10 or 12 (maybe more) Dungeon Geomorph flip mats. Flip mats that would fit together no matter which way I turned them that could be put together to make random dungeons.

Paizo Employee Chief Creative Officer, Publisher

That's a great idea.

Contributor

That sounds more like a Map Pack, but it would be great to have a Dungeon map pack where all the rooms could interconnect, and it would be even better if there were hallways to connect them to some of the older Map Packs that didn't.


Erik Mona wrote:
That's a great idea.

Glad you think so, Erik!

Kevin Andrew Murphy wrote:
That sounds more like a Map Pack, but it would be great to have a Dungeon map pack where all the rooms could interconnect, and it would be even better if there were hallways to connect them to some of the older Map Packs that didn't.

I know it sounds like a Map Pack, but I want them like the Flip Mats so that I can mark on them with dry or wet erase markers. And, I also want them bigger than the Map Packs that I've got or have seen at my FLGS. I want them the same size as the Flip Mats and made to the same quality (for use with wet/dry erase markers) and I want them to be true geomorphs so that they can be turned any number of ways and still fit together.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Vic Wertz wrote:
widdershins wrote:
Do the two sides connect? If you bought two of these and flipped one over could they be placed side by side without any apparent joins? It looks like it's designed to do this but the sample images shown don't seem to align.
They don't line up that way (would have been a good idea, though...)

I've been corrected—they do line up. One of the images above is rotated the wrong way, and at least one of them is either cropped or extended so that if you grabbed them and rotated them yourself (like I did), they don't appear to line up. We'll have to get those preview images fixed.


Hrothgar Rannúlfr wrote:
I know it sounds like a Map Pack, but I want them like the Flip Mats so that I can mark on them with dry or wet erase markers. And, I also want them bigger than the Map Packs that I've got or have seen at my FLGS. I want them the same size as the Flip Mats and made to the same quality (for use with wet/dry erase markers) and I want them to be true geomorphs so that they can be turned any number of ways and still fit together.

I believe the new map pack format has the same wet/dry erase marker capabilities as the flip mats.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

Urath DM wrote:
Hrothgar Rannúlfr wrote:
I know it sounds like a Map Pack, but I want them like the Flip Mats so that I can mark on them with dry or wet erase markers. And, I also want them bigger than the Map Packs that I've got or have seen at my FLGS. I want them the same size as the Flip Mats and made to the same quality (for use with wet/dry erase markers) and I want them to be true geomorphs so that they can be turned any number of ways and still fit together.
I believe the new map pack format has the same wet/dry erase marker capabilities as the flip mats.

They do, starting with the Shops pack. I'd like to see the above in map pack form too (which could also then be used in conjunction with blank or dungeony flip maps as alternate rooms).

To be a little on topic, the mountain pass is a decent flip mat--came in very handy for a mountain ambush kind of fight I ran a few months' back. Easy to add difficult terrain to, etc.

Dark Archive

This needs to be reprinted as a "Flip-mat Classics"!

Why?
Because there are no other plain snow covered basic maps.
We got grass, stone, water etc. buz no snow.


Pathfinder Companion, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I agree. It is particularly useful for Giantslayer AFAICT and I was bummed when I saw "out of print."

Dark Archive

taks wrote:
I agree. It is particularly useful for Giantslayer AFAICT and I was bummed when I saw "out of print."

I just ordered this from amazon.de from a UK shop for €7,55 plus €3 shipping - they still have 9 pieces left!

Dark Archive

I ordered a second piece from the same seller, both are on the way via airmail.

Now the only one i can order from amazon.de costs €126,-!
I guess i got lucky.


Pathfinder Companion, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Sigh...


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber
taks wrote:
I agree. It is particularly useful for Giantslayer AFAICT and I was bummed when I saw "out of print."

It took about 3 sessions for my group to start giving me crap over it, even though I rotated, flipped and recoloured it

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / GameMastery Flip-Mat: Mountain Pass All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.