Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Inner Sea World Guide (PFRPG)

4.60/5 (based on 34 ratings)
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Inner Sea World Guide (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Hardcover $49.99

Add PDF $9.99

Add Non-Mint $49.99 $37.49

Facebook Twitter Email

The Best of All Possible Worlds

Discover the world of Golarion, the official campaign setting for the smash-hit Pathfinder Roleplaying Game! A time of lost prophecies grips the world, bringing with it an unending maelstrom, a tear in the fabric of reality, a surge of diabolism, and the endless threat of war. Yet all is not lost, for these dark times provide ample opportunity for adventure and heroism.

    Inside this exciting and informative 320-page tome you will find:
  • Detailed summaries of the player character races native to Golarion, including more than a dozen distinct human ethnicities
  • Elaborate gazetteers of more than 40 crumbling empires, expansionist kingdoms, independent city-states, and monster-haunted wildlands of Golarion’s adventure-filled Inner Sea region, with locations perfect for nearly any type of fantasy campaign
  • Cultural information and Pathfinder RPG rules covering the 20 core deities of the Inner Sea, plus entries on other gods, demigods, forgotten deities, weird cults, strange philosophies, and more!
  • An overview of the Inner Sea’s history, a look at time and space, a discussion of magical artifacts and technological wonders, discussions of important factions and organizations, and hundreds of locations ripe for adventure!
  • Tons of new options for player characters, including Inner Sea-themed prestige classes, feats, spells, adventuring gear, and magic items!
  • Nine new monsters, including exotic humanoids of the skies and seas, undead and dragons, and an angry demon lord in exile!
  • A giant 21.75"x33" poster map that reveals the sweeping landscape of the Inner Sea in all its treacherous glory!

by James Jacobs with Keith Baker, Wolfgang Baur, Clinton J. Boomer, Jason Bulmahn, Joshua J. Frost, Ed Greenwood, Stephen S. Greer, Jeff Grubb, Michael Kortes, Tito Leati, Mike McArtor, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Eric Nelson, Jeff Quick, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Leandra Christine Schneider, David Schwartz, Amber E. Scott, Stan!, Owen K.C. Stephens, Todd Stewart, James L. Sutter, Greg A. Vaughan, Jeremy Walker, and JD Wiker

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-269-2

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscription.

Additional Product Images


(click to enlarge)
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Inner Sea World Guide (PFRPG) Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Inner Sea World Guide (PFRPG) Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Inner Sea World Guide (PFRPG) Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Inner Sea World Guide (PFRPG)
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Inner Sea World Guide (PFRPG)

Product Availability

Hardcover:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9226


See Also:

1 to 5 of 34 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.60/5 (based on 34 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

The Kitchen Sink, and Everything But

5/5

To put it simply, the Inner Sea World Guide is *the* setting book for Pathfinder. There are several other books (softcovers) that provide more insight into particular areas, but this is the book that introduces the whole shebang. Weighing in at 318 pages, it provides an overview of everything that makes up Pathfinder's official campaign setting: the Inner Sea region of the planet Golarion. There are entries on each of the core races and human ethnicities, overviews of each of the nations of the region, a chapter on gods and religion, miscellaneous information like holidays and languages, an introduction to some major organisations that PCs might belong to (or fight against), player-facing material like new equipment and prestige classes, and finally a handful of new monsters for the GM. In short, there is a *lot* of information in the book and I've come to rely on it heavily.

In terms of overall production quality, a reader won't be disappointed. It's attractively laid out, with tons of maps, artwork (some of it recycled from earlier Paizo products), sidebars, etc. It's clear that a lot of love and attention to detail went into the book, which makes sense as it's one of the premier products in the Pathfinder line.

An Introduction (4 pages) kicks things off. One page is a map of the entire Inner Sea region. The theme of the setting is encapsulated nicely: against all prophecies, the God of Humanity, Aroden, has died suddenly, leading to a world "where nothing is foretold, and anything can happen." From another perspective, that's really what Golarion is: a kitchen-sink setting where no matter what kind of fantasy game-play your group wants, it can find a place for it--whether it's gothic tales of horror, swashbuckling tales of pirates, barbarians with laser-swords, steampunk gunslingers, or more traditional elves and wizards. The sum really is greater than the parts, and somehow it all works. The entire setting has a surprisingly rich and detailed history, which helps to tie everything together into a more coherent whole. The Introduction also contains a really nice in-game summary of the Pathfinder Society and a short sidebar explaining how the Inner Sea World Guide has expanded upon and updated the two previous overviews of the setting (the Gazetteer and Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting, respectively).

Chapter 1 is Races (22 pages). It starts with a *very* brief overview (a sentence or two each) of where some of the uncommon humanoid races (like tieflings or kobolds) fit into the Inner Sea before devoting a single-page to each of the human ethnicities of Golarion (many with sensitively-handled analogues to real world cultures) and then the other core races like elves, dwarves, etc.. I'm not necessarily a fan of this way of handling things, as it gives the appearance that only humans have different ethnicities while all the other core races are homogeneous. Still, the chapter does succeed in adding a ton of Golarion-specific lore that is absent from the setting-neutral Core Rulebook.

Chapter 2, "The Inner Sea" (184 pages) is clearly the heart (and, by page-count, a full half) of the book. It starts by explaining that the Inner Sea consists of the continents of Avistan and (northern) Garund, explaining that the planet of Golarion contains several other continents that are outside the scope of the book. There's a detailed timeline of the setting's in-game history, which makes for interesting reading once some additional context is provided. The bulk of the chapter consists of four-page entries on each of the major countries/regions of the Inner Sea. Each entry starts with a sidebar giving basic information (like notable settlements, rulers, population, etc.) and is then sub-divided by topics: history, government, and a gazetteer of notable locations. There are 41 of these entries in alphabetical order, so it's pretty hard to cover them adequately in a review like this. I think the best thing to do is repeat my earlier point that there's a place for almost everything somewhere: revolutionary America has an analogue in Andoran, revolutionary France is Galt, Osiron is ancient Egypt, etc. But there are also some very original countries, like Razmiran (a theocracy ruled by a con-man), Rahadoum (a country that has turned against the gods and where worship is illegal), the Worldwound (a wasteland devastated by the presence of an open portal to demonic planes), the Mana Wastes (where magic doesn't work, and technology has stepped in), and so much more. If nothing else, each entry serves as a nice overview to give the area some basic flavour, and then a GM who really wants more detail can look for the matching softcover campaign setting line book for more depth. I was particularly intrigued by the eight page "Beyond the Inner Sea" section, which is more detailed than I would have thought (and definitely worth expanding someday, Paizo!).

Chapter 3, "Religion" (32 pages), contains a half-page introduction to each of the "Core 20" deities of the setting. Other gods get a paragraph or two, but there's also space devoted to archdevils, demon lords, elemental lords, dead gods, and philosophies. It's enough to get started, though serious players and GMs will likely want more detailed information. In terms of game-play mechanics, two new clerical domains (Scalykind and Void) are introduced here.

Chapter 4, "Life" is sadly just ten pages long. This is the chapter that covers the calendar, holidays and festivals, languages, weather and climate, and distinctive flora and fauna, among other subjects. There are some nice samples of things that make Golarion distinctive, but it would be good to someday have an "Inner Sea Almanac" that expanded on the little things that don't seem exciting but help add a major degree of verisimilitude to the setting.

Chapter 5, "Factions" (14 pages) provides a two-page introduction to five different organisations: the Aspis Consortium (an unprincipled group of colonialists & merchants), the Eagle Knights (anti-slavery freedom-fighters), the Hellknights (extremely strict "law and order" types), the Pathfinder Society (explorers and treasure-hunters), and the Red Mantis (assassins). Several lesser groups also get a one-paragraph overview. Overall, the chapter again serves nicely as a brief introduction, though more detailed information on each of the groups is available elsewhere.

Chapter 6, "Adventuring" (30 pages) is for the players. It starts with suggestions on where in the Inner Sea various classes might hail from. It then introduces four new prestige classes: the Harrower (a cool fortune-teller with an interesting suite of special abilities), the Hellknight (an armored juggernaut), the Low Templar (a sort of cowardly knight; it's hard to envision this one appealing widely), and the Red Mantis Assassin (maybe more for GMs than players, but with some eye-raising abilities). The chapter introduces several new feats; most of them are forgettable but a couple (like Rapid Reload and Fey Foundling) have become crucial to some builds and are, frankly, probably overpowered. The chapter provides updated rules for several pieces of equipment introduced in earlier adventure paths, including goblin weapons like dogslicers, Shoanti weapons like the Earth breaker, and more. It also briefly covers firearms, which are suitably rare and problematic (until someone plays a Gunslinger). Finally, there are some new spells (the most famous of which is infernal healing) and magic items (many of which are essential to parts of the campaign setting, like the final blades for Galt, the sun orchid elixir for Thuvia, and wardstones for the Worldwound). On the whole, I don't think buying the book purely for the "crunch" would be a good idea; the material in this chapter is only a supplement to what's essentially a "flavour/fluff" book.

Chapter 7, "Monsters" (14 pages) starts off with a nice overview of the role that various traditional groups of monsters (like dragons, trolls, ogres, etc.) play in Golarion. It then goes on to introduce seven new monsters, each with a 1-page Bestiary-style entry. Potential players will be interested to see that two of them, Gillmen and Strix, are given rules to make them playable races. Rise of the Runelords GMs may be interested to see full stats for the Sandpoint Devil.

As I write this review, Pathfinder Second Edition is on the horizon and Paizo has said they plan to update the official setting with the "results" of all previous adventure paths. For now, however, the Inner Sea World Guide is the best one-stop resource to get started on anything involving the Inner Sea. Lots of books have more on a single given topic, but no book has so much on so many different topics when it comes to the Inner Sea.


Incredible Product

5/5

So I had a few new players starting a session zero, but after making characters, they wanted to jump in to a game. I had nothing prepared because we were deciding what type of game we were going to play. After thirty minutes and this book, I had a strong beginning to a campaign. Every location, government and current events in this book is PERFECT for a campaign. So many starting points and storyline openings. Rich with interesting information and plot hooks. Easy five star and beautiful map. Thanks paizo


An Engaging Setting

5/5

This was the first Pathfinder Campaign Setting product I bought. That would have been early in 2013. I was curious about the references to Golarion in the Core Rule Book and wanted to know more. I got what I wanted in spades! This is an excellent resource for the Golarion setting.

I recently bought the PDF because I forgot where I had put my hard copy. It's excellent because I can just open the file on my computer, find what I'm looking for with a bookmark and I'm good to go.


The Inner Sea is Good for Me

5/5

This is a great resource book. The layout is great and even if you don't feel like using the various nations of The Inner Sea itself it the book gives you tons of ideas on how to build your own fantacy nations. The kinds of civilizations are diverse and all look like great places to have adventures in and make me want to read all of the Campaign Setting product line.

Add to that the feats, prestige classes, items, and the handful of monsters and you've got icing on what is already a great cake of a book.

All in all definitely worth the $9.99 asking price for the PDF!


Best RPG Product Ever

5/5

I can honestly say this is the best RPG product I've ever bought. There's so much reading in it, and I keep dipping back into it over and over again.

This book made me fall in love with Golarion, and each entry has made me dive off looking for more in the campaign setting and tales line.

If you haven't already hit the link to buy, then stop reading and do it now, you deserve it!


1 to 5 of 34 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
501 to 550 of 856 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Uninvited Ghost wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Uninvited Ghost wrote:
A Golarion branding separate from the Pathfinder branding ever considered (ie: Golarion logo)?
Since ALL of the books we publish are set in Golarion with the exception of the core book line... it'd be easier to make a separate logo for the RPG line.
Which is exactly what we did: It says "Pathfinder Roleplaying Game."

From where I'm standing, they all say Pathfinder, none of them say Golarion. :)

I'm not saying just one or the other, I'm saying that Golarion have it's own logo beneath the Pathfinder logo.

You know, like previous editions of Pathfinder did it, when it used to be called Dungeons & Dragons. ;)

There are three reasons we don't want to do that. First, "Pathfinder" is the brand we want to build recognition for, not "Golarion." Second, Golarion is just one planet on one plane in the Pathfinder campaign setting, so putting that label on a product that's primarily extraplanar (for example) would be misleading. And third, we don't want our products to look like NASCAR driver firesuits.

For those in the know, here's all you need to know: If the main logo is "Pathfinder Roleplaying Game," it's setting-neutral. If the main logo is "Pathfinder [anything else]", it's designed for the Pathfinder campaign setting.


Now all we deed is the Varisia Sourse Book :)


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Shizvestus wrote:
Now all we deed is the Varisia Sourse Book :)

... followed by the Azlant and Thassilon Source Book!


Is there a list of defined nations for Golarion anywhere (other than the PF Chronicles Campaign Setting which I have)? I'm coloring the new Golarion map and want to only color the names of the nations, leaving "areas" (Mana Wastes, etc.) uncolored.


Lanx wrote:
Shizvestus wrote:
Now all we deed is the Varisia Sourse Book :)
... followed by the Azlant and Thassilon Source Book!

I'd jump on those faster than well a really fast thing, something my dwarven shaped body has difficulty with normally.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Thraug wrote:
Is there a list of defined nations for Golarion anywhere (other than the PF Chronicles Campaign Setting which I have)? I'm coloring the new Golarion map and want to only color the names of the nations, leaving "areas" (Mana Wastes, etc.) uncolored.

The Inner Sea World Guide has all the borders for various regions more or less defined (although in a lot of cases, those borders are somewhat vague or fluid).


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Earthbeard wrote:
Lanx wrote:
Shizvestus wrote:
Now all we deed is the Varisia Sourse Book :)
... followed by the Azlant and Thassilon Source Book!
I'd jump on those faster than well a really fast thing, something my dwarven shaped body has difficulty with normally.

I would love an Azlant/Thassilon book with as many pages as I could get. Everyone else who wants one should shout out too!


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

I've read several posts by the Paizo staff stating that this World Guide will not replace the Campaign Setting book. What if I want it to replace the old Campaign Setting? Can it?


Wildebob wrote:
I've read several posts by the Paizo staff stating that this World Guide will not replace the Campaign Setting book. What if I want it to replace the old Campaign Setting? Can it?

It's not making the Campaign Setting book obsolete, as it's basically just expanding on what was in the original. However, it is updating what was in the original Campaign Setting book, so some bits may not be rewritten.

Basically, they had to reprint their campaign world guide, since the original went out of stock, but the also wanted to update to PFRPG rules and clean up/expand on some of the setting descriptions while they did so. It basically allowed them to kill two birds with one book more or less =p

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns Subscriber

I am wondering,...When it stats that there will be:

Cultural information and Pathfinder RPG rules covering the 20 core deities of the Inner Sea, plus entries on other gods, demigods, forgotten deities, weird cults, strange philosophies, and more!

Will this expand upon what was published in Gods & Magic or just be reprinted into this Campaign Setting? I tried to look through the other posts before posting this though sifting through over 500 posts is a little exhausting.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Wildebob wrote:
I've read several posts by the Paizo staff stating that this World Guide will not replace the Campaign Setting book. What if I want it to replace the old Campaign Setting? Can it?

The primary point of the Inner Sea World Guide is that it's going to be the Campaign Setting book going forward. So yes, if you want to use the Inner Sea World Guide to "replace" the old Campaign Setting hardcover... that's exactly what it does. In that it is, essentially, the reprint of the Campaign Setting hardcover.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

the Haunted Jester wrote:

I am wondering,...When it stats that there will be:

Cultural information and Pathfinder RPG rules covering the 20 core deities of the Inner Sea, plus entries on other gods, demigods, forgotten deities, weird cults, strange philosophies, and more!

Will this expand upon what was published in Gods & Magic or just be reprinted into this Campaign Setting? I tried to look through the other posts before posting this though sifting through over 500 posts is a little exhausting.

We've expanded the section on other gods slightly, to include the Eldest of the First World and the Elemental Lords (neither of which got much detail in Gods & Magic). The religion section is otherwise quite similar to that in the previous hardcover. AKA: It does NOT expand upon the information published in Gods & Magic at all.


Azazyll wrote:

I would love an Azlant/Thassilon book with as many pages as I could get. Everyone else who wants one should shout out too!

I'll be a buzz kill and say, while it will be fun to learn more about Azlant and/or Thassilon, I don't want full blown sourcebooks on them. Netheril, Imaskar, and Myth Drannor were much more fun when they were lost civilizations with some hints about them here or there.


Is the new Inner Sea book going to be as system independent as the Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting is now? I don't use PF but use and love the setting. I will be sad if it's tightly bound to PF now. :(


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Thraug wrote:
Is the new Inner Sea book going to be as system independent as the Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting is now? I don't use PF but use and love the setting. I will be sad if it's tightly bound to PF now. :(

James Jacobs' response to a similar query on the previous page:

James Jacobs wrote:
Narno the Necromancer wrote:

Hi!

I've not read the whole thread, but I'd like to know how much use this book could be for someone who really likes the setting but who has no interest in running it with the Pathfinder/D&D/d20 rules system. Is it worth the investment if one is looking solely for setting material (so little to no crunch)?

Thanks in advance!

If you really like the setting, the Inner Sea World Guide should be perfect for you, regardless of whether you use Pathfinder, D&D, BRP, BECMI, AD&D, GURPS, or any other all-caps acronym rules system.

There WILL be rules content in the book, but they are, for the most part, collected in two chapters (the "Adventuring in the Inner Sea" chapter, which has prestige classes, feats, spells, magic items, and equipment) and the Monsters chapter. Those two chapters account for about 50 pages of the 320 page book. (There ARE tiny rules bits scattered here and there through the rest of the book, but not a lot...).

In fact, the decision to compile the rules into two chapters was done partially to make it easier for folks who weren't using PFRPG to use Golarion in their games. (And also because those who DO use the PFRPG should find it easier to find the rules when they're not scattered across the entire book.)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Thraug wrote:
Is the new Inner Sea book going to be as system independent as the Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting is now? I don't use PF but use and love the setting. I will be sad if it's tightly bound to PF now. :(

One of the primary reasons we updated the book WAS to tie it more strongly to the Pathfinder rules system. It is, after all, our game. It would be self-defeating to NOT update it to use the Pathfinder Rules and to take advantage of the fact that we now have a stable rules system that we can trust won't go away any time soon.

That said, the vas majority of the rules content of the book appears in its own two chapters, so if you're more interested in using Golarion for another game, it's relatively easy to focus only on the flavor-filled chapters.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Thanks, James. You've got my $50!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
KnightErrantJR wrote:
Azazyll wrote:

I would love an Azlant/Thassilon book with as many pages as I could get. Everyone else who wants one should shout out too!

I'll be a buzz kill and say, while it will be fun to learn more about Azlant and/or Thassilon, I don't want full blown sourcebooks on them. Netheril, Imaskar, and Myth Drannor were much more fun when they were lost civilizations with some hints about them here or there.

There are those who like the Lord of the Rings as it is, and there are those of us who prefer it with the Silmarillion. You don't have to read or use it, but I for one would like the option. I adored the Netheril and Cormanthor boxed sets, but even more I loved Lost Empires of Faeurn. It is one of my most treasured 3.X books. I still pick it up and read it with regularity. There can still be plenty of mystery if done right, and at best it expands rather than restricts your options. I have every confidence Paizo could do it right. Besides, if the goal is mystery and hints alone, we should really just stop the pathfinder setting right now, with plenty of unanswered questions. I'm more into exploring a world chronologically than geographically.

Not intending to flame, just a counter argument.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Azazyll wrote:

I would love an Azlant/Thassilon book with as many pages as I could get. Everyone else who wants one should shout out too!

While this is something I may eventually like to see, I am far more interested in seeing the living countries of Golarion fleshed out first. Geb, Nex, Numeria, Land of the Linnorm Kings, Hold of the Mammoth Lords - these are the places I want to know more about in the immediate future. And that's not even mentioning Vudra, the Empire of Kelish, Arcadia, and the no-doubt rich world beneath the ocean.

Dark Archive

Wildebob wrote:
Thanks, James. You've got my $50!

And mine; already ordered it at my FLGS, alongside the map folio. Although I have the original CS, I want the updated version, and I think it's a brilliant idea to publish World Guides for different regions of Golarion. For example, I'm not that interested in Asian flavor and I'm glad that there won't be 10-20 pages "wasted" (from my perspective) on that; on the other hand, other customers may be very happy about eventually getting a whole book on Minkai and Tian Xia.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Generic Villain wrote:
...and the no-doubt rich world beneath the ocean.

Exactly where a book on Azlant would come in handy. I'm not saying it would have to just be about the past - a book which addressed the inheritors of Azlant and Thassilon. Ideally such a book would give us both history and numerous ways to use that history in the present. The Mordant Spire, the Aboleths, the Gillmen, Thasillonian ruins, etc.

On an unrelated note, is this product shipping the same time as the new Carrion Crown adventure (i.e. "in about a week")? I was thinking of preordering and wanted to check if I should have them ship together or separately. Thanks!

Contributor

Azazyll wrote:
On an unrelated note, is this product shipping the same time as the new Carrion Crown adventure (i.e. "in about a week")? I was thinking of preordering and wanted to check if I should have them ship together or separately. Thanks!

It is almost always cheaper to have stuff ship together - you should get an option to add something to your sidecart if you have an active subscription during the checkout process.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Liz Courts wrote:
Azazyll wrote:
On an unrelated note, is this product shipping the same time as the new Carrion Crown adventure (i.e. "in about a week")? I was thinking of preordering and wanted to check if I should have them ship together or separately. Thanks!
It is almost always cheaper to have stuff ship together - you should get an option to add something to your sidecart if you have an active subscription during the checkout process.

Expertly dodged question, Gninja, but thanks for the advice :) I was wondering if putting this product in with the adventure path would delay the adventure path shipment (or, to be terribly uncouth, is this shipping next week at the same time as the AP for subscribers?)

Contributor

Azazyll wrote:
Expertly dodged question, Gninja, but thanks for the advice :) I was wondering if putting this product in with the adventure path would delay the adventure path shipment (or, to be terribly uncouth, is this shipping next week at the same time as the AP for subscribers?)

It shouldn't delay it that I know of - when you combine non-subscription items from your sidecart with your subscription order (please make sure you have your sidecart options set in the My Subscriptions portion of your account), it can push your order towards the end of the subscription run though.

I will now distract with cookies. *offers warm fresh chocolate chip cookies*

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Azazyll wrote:
Liz Courts wrote:
Azazyll wrote:
On an unrelated note, is this product shipping the same time as the new Carrion Crown adventure (i.e. "in about a week")? I was thinking of preordering and wanted to check if I should have them ship together or separately. Thanks!
It is almost always cheaper to have stuff ship together - you should get an option to add something to your sidecart if you have an active subscription during the checkout process.
Expertly dodged question, Gninja, but thanks for the advice :) I was wondering if putting this product in with the adventure path would delay the adventure path shipment (or, to be terribly uncouth, is this shipping next week at the same time as the AP for subscribers?)

The Inner Sea World Guide, Pathfinder Adventure Path #43, Map Pack: Dungeon Sites, and Planet Stories: Battle in the Dawn will all begin shipping next week.

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC

Vic Wertz wrote:
... and Planet Stories: Battle in the Dawn will all begin shipping next week.

Yay! More Planet Stories!


product page wrote:
by James Jacobs with Keith Baker, Wolfgang Baur, Clinton J. Boomer, Jason Bulmahn, Joshua J. Frost, Ed Greenwood, Stephen S. Greer, Jeff Grubb, James Jacobs, Michael Kortes, Tito Leati, Mike McArtor, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Eric Nelson, Jeff Quick, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Leandra Christine Schneider, David Schwartz, Amber E. Scott, Stan!, Owen K.C. Stephens, Todd Stewart, James L. Sutter, Greg A. Vaughan, Jeremy Walker, and JD Wiker

Not that it matters, but...

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Evil Lincoln wrote:
product page wrote:
by James Jacobs with Keith Baker, Wolfgang Baur, Clinton J. Boomer, Jason Bulmahn, Joshua J. Frost, Ed Greenwood, Stephen S. Greer, Jeff Grubb, James Jacobs, Michael Kortes, Tito Leati, Mike McArtor, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Eric Nelson, Jeff Quick, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Leandra Christine Schneider, David Schwartz, Amber E. Scott, Stan!, Owen K.C. Stephens, Todd Stewart, James L. Sutter, Greg A. Vaughan, Jeremy Walker, and JD Wiker
Not that it matters, but...

he is so good he needed to be mentioned twice!!!

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Dragnmoon wrote:
Evil Lincoln wrote:
product page wrote:
by James Jacobs with Keith Baker, Wolfgang Baur, Clinton J. Boomer, Jason Bulmahn, Joshua J. Frost, Ed Greenwood, Stephen S. Greer, Jeff Grubb, James Jacobs, Michael Kortes, Tito Leati, Mike McArtor, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Eric Nelson, Jeff Quick, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Leandra Christine Schneider, David Schwartz, Amber E. Scott, Stan!, Owen K.C. Stephens, Todd Stewart, James L. Sutter, Greg A. Vaughan, Jeremy Walker, and JD Wiker
Not that it matters, but...
he is so good he needed to be mentioned twice!!!

That was entirely my doing, and it's fixed now. The way it reads in the book is slightly different: James is credited as the project lead, and then appears alphabetically in the list of authors.

Dark Archive

Vic Wertz wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:
Evil Lincoln wrote:
product page wrote:
by James Jacobs with Keith Baker, Wolfgang Baur, Clinton J. Boomer, Jason Bulmahn, Joshua J. Frost, Ed Greenwood, Stephen S. Greer, Jeff Grubb, James Jacobs, Michael Kortes, Tito Leati, Mike McArtor, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Eric Nelson, Jeff Quick, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Leandra Christine Schneider, David Schwartz, Amber E. Scott, Stan!, Owen K.C. Stephens, Todd Stewart, James L. Sutter, Greg A. Vaughan, Jeremy Walker, and JD Wiker
Not that it matters, but...
he is so good he needed to be mentioned twice!!!
That was entirely my doing, and it's fixed now. The way it reads in the book is slightly different: James is credited as the project lead, and then appears alphabetically in the list of authors.

I just figured you guys finally cloned him to get more work out of him. Then of course made the clones share the pay. :)

Dark Archive

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:
Evil Lincoln wrote:
product page wrote:
by James Jacobs with Keith Baker, Wolfgang Baur, Clinton J. Boomer, Jason Bulmahn, Joshua J. Frost, Ed Greenwood, Stephen S. Greer, Jeff Grubb, James Jacobs, Michael Kortes, Tito Leati, Mike McArtor, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Eric Nelson, Jeff Quick, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Leandra Christine Schneider, David Schwartz, Amber E. Scott, Stan!, Owen K.C. Stephens, Todd Stewart, James L. Sutter, Greg A. Vaughan, Jeremy Walker, and JD Wiker
Not that it matters, but...
he is so good he needed to be mentioned twice!!!
That was entirely my doing, and it's fixed now. The way it reads in the book is slightly different: James is credited as the project lead, and then appears alphabetically in the list of authors.
I just figured you guys finally cloned him to get more work out of him. Then of course made the clones share the pay. :)

Hmmm, they *do* say that Wes is expert at crafting clones with the Fiendish template... and I guess he's learned from his mistakes at trying to make several clones of SKR (with hair).

But two Jacobses under the same sky might be too much, so I believe this is simply a typo. Not even Wes would try something like that.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Dragnmoon wrote:
Evil Lincoln wrote:
product page wrote:
by James Jacobs with Keith Baker, Wolfgang Baur, Clinton J. Boomer, Jason Bulmahn, Joshua J. Frost, Ed Greenwood, Stephen S. Greer, Jeff Grubb, James Jacobs, Michael Kortes, Tito Leati, Mike McArtor, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Eric Nelson, Jeff Quick, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Leandra Christine Schneider, David Schwartz, Amber E. Scott, Stan!, Owen K.C. Stephens, Todd Stewart, James L. Sutter, Greg A. Vaughan, Jeremy Walker, and JD Wiker
Not that it matters, but...
he is so good he needed to be mentioned twice!!!

I certainly did enough WORK on this book to be mentioned twice! :-P


Dark_Mistress wrote:
...Then of course made the clones share the pay. :)

Jacobs is paid?

Dark Archive

bugleyman wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
...Then of course made the clones share the pay. :)
Jacobs is paid?

I heard he gets a whole mini bag of plain MM's each week.

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC

Dark_Mistress wrote:
bugleyman wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
...Then of course made the clones share the pay. :)
Jacobs is paid?
I heard he gets a whole mini bag of plain MM's each week.

Not only that, I heard a rumor that he gets the two cents from every dollar left over after they pay Neil his 98 cents per word.

Dark Archive

gbonehead wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
bugleyman wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
...Then of course made the clones share the pay. :)
Jacobs is paid?
I heard he gets a whole mini bag of plain MM's each week.
Not only that, I heard a rumor that he gets the two cents from every dollar left over after they pay Neil his 98 cents per word.

Now that's crazy talk.


product page wrote:
Nine new monsters, including exotic humanoids of the skies and seas, undead and dragons, and an angry demon lord in exile!

Given that we saw the Blackaxe in today's blog preview, I'm going to guess this is 'Pathfinderized' Treerazer?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Reptilian wrote:
product page wrote:
Nine new monsters, including exotic humanoids of the skies and seas, undead and dragons, and an angry demon lord in exile!
Given that we saw the Blackaxe in today's blog preview, I'm going to guess this is 'Pathfinderized' Treerazer?

Yup. Also, I believe I confirmed in another thread or perhaps in the chat room that the only 2-page monster entry in this book's monster chapter is an entry for Treerazer.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Dark_Mistress wrote:
gbonehead wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
bugleyman wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
...Then of course made the clones share the pay. :)
Jacobs is paid?
I heard he gets a whole mini bag of plain MM's each week.
Not only that, I heard a rumor that he gets the two cents from every dollar left over after they pay Neil his 98 cents per word.
Now that's crazy talk.

I assumed he was paid in T-Rex treats (ie goats left staked out just beyond the electric fence)

EDIT: I now have the image of James the T-Rex scribbling furiously at a book, only to hear the bleating call of the goat, whereupon he races through the jungle to the fence to be photographed by the Paizo community (hopefully scattering spoiler pages blown along in his wake)

Dark Archive

So is the Hardcover Dead Tree version ready for purchase? (Meaning no longer Pre-order)


Evil Genius Prime wrote:
So is the Hardcover Dead Tree version ready for purchase? (Meaning no longer Pre-order)

They have them listed as in stock, and subscribers have started receiving the emails stating the orders will start shipping this next week. You should be able to order it, and it'd ship towards the end/after all the pre-orders and subscribers I believe.

Dark Archive

Sniggevert wrote:
Evil Genius Prime wrote:
So is the Hardcover Dead Tree version ready for purchase? (Meaning no longer Pre-order)
They have them listed as in stock, and subscribers have started receiving the emails stating the orders will start shipping this next week. You should be able to order it, and it'd ship towards the end/after all the pre-orders and subscribers I believe.

Thanks Snigg!

Dark Archive

Holy Bleep! Is the PDF suppose to be a 146mb big?


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Society Subscriber

And it is only the size of the compressed file ...

I got my shipment email, too. This will be a very short night, I fear.

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Holy Bleep! Is the PDF suppose to be a 146mb big?

*jealous*

Liberty's Edge

First look: IT'S AWESOME! Hope to be able to write something more useful later :D

But, another great hardcover from Paizo!

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Holy Bleep! Is the PDF suppose to be a 146mb big?

I've had a look through, and I'm not seeing a lot of ways to get that much smaller. No single image is all that big, but there are several hundred illustrations in chapter 2 alone, which is 184 pages long.

Dark Archive

Vic Wertz wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Holy Bleep! Is the PDF suppose to be a 146mb big?
I've had a look through, and I'm not seeing a lot of ways to get that much smaller. No single image is all that big, but there are several hundred illustrations in chapter 2 alone, which is 184 pages long.

No worries, I was just a ... shall we say tad surprised at the sheer size of the PDF. :)

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Holy Bleep! Is the PDF suppose to be a 146mb big?
I've had a look through, and I'm not seeing a lot of ways to get that much smaller. No single image is all that big, but there are several hundred illustrations in chapter 2 alone, which is 184 pages long.
No worries, I was just a ... shall we say tad surprised at the sheer size of the PDF. :)

OK, good, it's not just me. Even if it is taking me half an hour to download it... on a 50+ Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem... but if there's that many images in it, I can understand.

Liberty's Edge

Got my shipping email, but not pdf :(

501 to 550 of 856 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Inner Sea World Guide (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.